Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch: Beastie Boys, Bjork, Police, Arcade Fire?

Thumbs up Sasquatch: Beastie Boys, Bjork, Police, Arcade Fire?

http://seattlegayblog.blogspot.com/2...tch-music.html

http://www.jambase.com/headsup.asp?storyID=9919

Looking fw to seeing the lineup officially announced on Feb 20.

Default Re: Sasquatch: Beastie Boys, Bjork, Police, Arcade Fire?

Beastie Boys!? fuck yes!!! sounds excellent to me!!!!

How much is Sasquatch?

shit yeah
    as predicted by nostradamus

Sasquach is cheaper than Coachella i believe. I went last year, cant remember the price, but had a great time. Camping was awesome, great music, the crowd were really good.

The Police are not playing Sasquatch.

Where's Sasquatch again? Washington?

yeah. the gorge washignton. i agree. the police will not be there.

the gorge is like the most beautiful venue ever, besides red rock.
    sasquatch this year is gonna be pretty sweet

needs electronica!

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

This will be my first year going to the Sasquatch festival. I don't know if this is the appropriate spot to ask questions, but I just want to ask people who have gone themselves...

ask people what? you need to give us a question.

It's a fun fest. Very different than coachella, it's a lot easier to take it more low key because there are only 3 stages.

It's prettier than coachella, the view is absolutely amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by diamondsfade View Post
    This will be my first year going to the Sasquatch festival. I don't know if this is the appropriate spot to ask questions, but I just want to ask people who have gone themselves...

Ask away.

I keep picturing, with the amount of people, that things are going to be chaotic, as far as camping and parking go. Is it as crazy as I imagine?

I'd like to buy my tickets today, but I am not sure after looking last night, which would be the better option as far as 'camp vs. preiumer camping'. 'General Admission tickets vs. SolidGold Supertickets'. I know which tickets offer certain things, and not others, but any advice to make my first year @ the SF, the best?

If my roadtrip companion decides to go the hotel route instead of camping, are there hotels near by, with easy access back to the Gorge?

I pretty much want to know what a typical weekend at the SF is like... Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thank you in advance.

Danielle

I believe capacity is ~25k or so at the Gorge. Lines for food are a bit longer than at Coachella. I have no comparison on beer lines as I don't drink at Coachella. Lines for portaloos are about the same.

Re: camping, you drive your car onto the campsite and pitch your tent beside the car. It's nice. There are no restrictions AFAIK on how much room you take up. Just be reasonable. Camping is very chilled out but lines for showers can be longgggg. It's common for bf/gf to jump in one shower together to save time.

There are no ins/outs for cars from the campsite so bring everything you need. There is a small store on site but it gets cleared out by 11am each day. The nearest hotels would be in Moses Lake (east on I90) or Yakima (south & west) and both are a good drive from the Gorge. I wouldn't go that route when camping is so laid back. You can bring beer to the campground and cooking your own food is allowed.

I keep picturing, with the amount of people, that things are going to be chaotic, as far as camping and parking go. Is it as crazy as I imagine?

I'd like to buy my tickets today, but I am not sure after looking last night, which would be the better option as far as 'camp vs. preiumer camping'. 'General Admission tickets vs. SolidGold Supertickets'. I know which tickets offer certain things, and not others, but any advice to make my first year @ the SF, the best?

If my roadtrip companion decides to go the hotel route instead of camping, are there hotels near by, with easy access back to the Gorge?

I pretty much want to know what a typical weekend at the SF is like... Any help would be greatly appreciated. And thank you in advance.

Danielle
    I'd go the campground route. There are also other campgrounds nearby also (but then you have to deal with commuting day to day)... The campgrounds at the gorge are great. Security is pretty laid back and people are fun. It's pretty clean to. Hotels are probably mostly booked at this point, it's kind of in the middle of nowhere. If you decide to go that route though, it's easy to get there and traffic on arrival is never to bad. That said, I'd just go with standard camping and standard ticket (although some people swear by premier parking, who cares, part of a festival is sitting in your car an hour after the show).

Sasquatch is not very hectic at all. Leaving is a bitch traffic wise, so try to leave really early the next morning if you can (if you camp) .

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I believe capacity is ~25k or so at the Gorge. Lines for food are a bit longer than at Coachella. I have no comparison on beer lines as I don't drink at Coachella. Lines for portaloos are about the same.

Re: camping, you drive your car onto the campsite and pitch your tent beside the car. It's nice. There are no restrictions AFAIK on how much room you take up. Just be reasonable. Camping is very chilled out but lines for showers can be longgggg. It's common for bf/gf to jump in one shower together to save time.

There are no ins/outs for cars from the campsite so bring everything you need. There is a small store on site but it gets cleared out by 11am each day. The nearest hotels would be in Moses Lake (east on I90) or Yakima (south & west) and both are a good drive from the Gorge. I wouldn't go that route when camping is so laid back. You can bring beer to the campground and cooking your own food is allowed.
    Thank you so much, you answered all the questions (but didn't ask) about how the camping thing works. I figured it was like that, but again.. this will be my first year.

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    I'd go the campground route. There are also other campgrounds nearby also (but then you have to deal with commuting day to day)... The campgrounds at the gorge are great. Security is pretty laid back and people are fun. It's pretty clean to. Hotels are probably mostly booked at this point, it's kind of in the middle of nowhere. If you decide to go that route though, it's easy to get there and traffic on arrival is never to bad. That said, I'd just go with standard camping and standard ticket (although some people swear by premier parking, who cares, part of a festival is sitting in your car an hour after the show).

Sasquatch is not very hectic at all. Leaving is a bitch traffic wise, so try to leave really early the next morning if you can (if you camp) .
    I think I have decided on normal GA tickets, and the Premier Camping option. I appreciate your quick replies, guys! And I am glad that we'll be camping opposed to a hotel. I have heard great stories about the music, and the views... but the camping as well.

Thank you again!! If I think/worry about anything else, I will be sure to ask.

Is everything pretty well marked, as far as who goes where, parking and camping wise?

I don't mind getting lost...I just don't want to. :P

Oy. Me again. :P

Do you guys know if I need to buy Preimer Parking tickets for the weekend too, if I pay for Premier Camping?

I am sooo confused, and their site is of no help. -bangsheadonkeyboard-

I don't need the last answer about Premier Camping answered. I think I waited too long for it, so I got general camping, and premier parking along with general admission tickets.

Is there a certain time you have to be at the campground? Or does it matter if I show up at 9/10pm at night Friday, or 5am on Saturday. Any recommendations as to when to show up to avoid the most traffic. I noted that leaving early out of the campground is the best idea.

You said no in/out, is that in general or just after the shows are over, and everybody is turning in for the night?

Thanks again!!

i don't think you need parking if you have camping. your car is left in the camp spot and you walk to the venue.

you can show up whatever time. the earlier the better though. no in and out from the show. and no car in and out at the campground.

i don't think you need parking if you have camping. your car is left in the camp spot and you walk to the venue.

you can show up whatever time. the earlier the better though. no in and out from the show. and no car in and out at the campground.
    Ah, well I bought them. But it all makes sense that I would not need them. Now. Oh well, what's a girl to do? Maybe pay attention next time. :P

The website says: No alcoholic beverages or cans - I assume that is just in the show, because they want you to buy their food and beer and whatnots. Does that apply to camping too though? Or can I bring beer to drink?

Yes, no outside beer in the Gorge itself but bring all you want to the campground.

As you drive down to the Gorge itself after getting off I5, day parking will be on the left and camping will be further down.

Heres a google map link. Camping is in the lower left of the 'crop circle'. The Gorge is left of center, lower down. Figure 15 or 20 mins walk between the two.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...26994&t=k&om=1

Yes, no outside beer in the Gorge itself but bring all you want to the campground.

As you drive down to the Gorge itself after getting off I5, day parking will be on the left and camping will be further down.

Heres a google map link. Camping is in the lower left of the 'crop circle'. The Gorge is left of center, lower down. Figure 15 or 20 mins walk between the two.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...26994&t=k&om=1
    They said this year on their website: "Alcohol: Beer and wine are now permitted in all areas of the Gorge."

I just wanted to know about while camping. Yay! I'm excited. I don't even care that I have a couple tickets I don't need/won't use. lol

And thanks for the picture - It's all making a lot more sense now. Are you going to the SF this year?

They said this year on their website: "Alcohol: Beer and wine are now permitted in all areas of the Gorge."............

And thanks for the picture - It's all making a lot more sense now. Are you going to the SF this year?
    Yeah, I'm not sure if that *really* means we can walk around with a beer in hand. It's Coors Lite anyway so I'll usually not drink when I'm in there.

... and yes, I'm going to Sasquatch. I have my tix already.

Yeah, I'm not sure if that *really* means we can walk around with a beer in hand. It's Coors Lite anyway so I'll usually not drink when I'm in there.

... and yes, I'm going to Sasquatch. I have my tix already.
    You want a couple Premier Parking tickets? Heh. jk

I don't know about Coors Lite (-gag-) but I'll buy you a beer for all your troubles and helping me with all my silly questions. Lemme know.

-D

I'm going saturday. Should be fun.

You want a couple Premier Parking tickets? Heh. jk

I don't know about Coors Lite (-gag-) but I'll buy you a beer for all your troubles and helping me with all my silly questions. Lemme know.

-D
    Deal.

I'm going saturday. Should be fun.
    I offer a beer/drinkofchoice for you too, for your quick replies to my many questions.