Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern Comfort Presents: UNDERcover - Ghostland, Polyphonic, Hold Steady,

Default Southern Comfort Presents: UNDERcover - Ghostland, Polyphonic, Hold Steady,

Some bands you’ve probably heard of hit the road to pay tribute to some other bands you’ve probably heard of
    By Alex Young on July 21st, 2009

Beginning August 20th, Southern Comfort will round up three of music’s biggest acts, Ghostland Observatory, The Polyphonic Spree and The Hold Steady, for something called Southern Comfort Presents: underCOVER. Basically, the 10-date shindig will give “an up close and personal look” into the musical influences of the three acts, with each band “paying tribute to the artists and covering the very songs that helped forge the sounds you hear today.”

A schedule of who is playing when and where can be found below. To get in, you’ll have to text the name of the market (i.e. “JERSEY SHORE”) to #68405. From there, it’s anyone’s guess…

Southern Comfort Presents: underCOVER 2009 Tour Dates:
    08/20 - San Diego, CA @ Birch North Park Theatre *&
    08/27 - Asbury Park, NJ @ The Stone Pony ^&
    09/10 - Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy *&
    09/17 - Boston, MA @ Paradise Rock Club ^&
    09/24 - Dallas, TX @ Palladium Ballroom ^&
    10/01 - New York, NY @ Webster Hall ^&
    10/08 - Madison, WI @ Barrymore Theatre *&
    10/15 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant *&
    10/22 - Seattle, WA @ Crocodile Cafe #&
    10/29 - Orlando, FL @ Hard Rock Live *&

* = w/ Ghostland Observatory
    ^ = w/ Polyphonic Spree
    # = w/ The Hold Steady
    & = w/ DJ Lord

Source - CoS

http://www.southerncomfort.com/Defau...Dest=events_us

Default Re: Southern Comfort Presents: UNDERcover - Ghostland, Polyphonic, Hold Steady,

I can't wait until the Polyphonic Spree come back to LA.

Wheels Of Cheese

Default Re: Southern Comfort Presents: UNDERcover - Ghostland, Polyphonic, Hold Steady,

eeeenteresting.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Yea I think a lot of men think they are bad ass, but a 12 year old with a AK can take me out I know ...... cr****

Thanks! Sent my text for Ghostland in SD. Can't beat that for $5 donation.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

very cool ghostland puts on a fun show. So if i understand this correctly they'll be doing a lot of covers? is that the theme? if so that should be a lot of fun.
    The White Stripes 9/18

I wish san diego was *^

Quote Originally Posted by CrimesceneCookie View Post
    I wish san diego was *^
    Right? Nobody is that lucky!

And yes, seems like they will be doing covers. Hmmm so will this show not be a traditional GO show with lasers and all?
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

I would've loved *# for Dallas.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

oh darn it. The Southern Comfort tour thing hit Phx in years past and is not coming this year. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

whos going to ghostland in sd? Shits gonna be EPIC

I am planning on it!

wow, didnt know this was all covers. my friend sent me a link to rsvp for this show a while back and i did, but it didnt explain the whole theme thing. the link says rsvps are full now though:

http://www.vibescm.com/amoe/show/237
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

yeah, it filled up quick. this was last week's bummer for me.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Aw, this is shit! I will finally be living in SD by then and I miss the train for this. Weak.

Who is in for the SD show? I got my ticket code and it is leading me to believe that they will be covering Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Who is in for the SD show? I got my ticket code and it is leading me to believe that they will be covering Prince.
    hell yeah i just read that so stoked.
    The White Stripes 9/18

If i wasnt going to *********, id be totally down to see some ghostland.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    hell yeah i just read that so stoked.
    I'm getting excited. I looked up the venue and I think this has the potential to be really fucking good, especially for $5 donation.

Does anyone have any idea how much of a Ghostland show this will be? Should I expect lasers and really good sound? I guess I'm having trouble comprehending what $5 gets me. hah

sheet. im the only one in my group of friends who actually got a code.

anyone want to get together for drinks before the show tonight?

dude, i didnt even know this place existed in san diego. looks like a mini-spreckels. and only 730 seats!

fuck, im pretty stoked on this show all of a sudden. i wonder how long DJ Lord will play for, and when ghostland will come on?

i might be down for drinks, just not sure when i can get off work and get over there. oh, and im poor...

shit, i wonder if they can fit all their cool laaaserz on that little stage. ghostland without lasers is kind of worthless.

yeah for some reason Ghostland really requires lasers for a great show. they played in the daytime at vegoose and it just wasnt the same.

yeah i just realized how poor i am as well. I just took all my glass and plastic to a recycling plant and got 19 bucks!

Im down to just hit up a 7-11 and drink tall cans in the parking lot.

I'm down to drink something in the parking lot. I called and was informed there is parking on North Park Way and 29th behind the Union Bank. I'm gonna grab dinner with my buddy after work then head over. I got some green but I'm still kinda sick and rather just have a couple drinks.

Josh, I didn't know you were going! I'm gonna PM you my # so text me if you get there early. Doors open at 7 and that will probably be the time I get there since I'm gonna eat first. Since it's a SoCo thing, will they have alcohol there?

Daftmonkey - sending you my # too even though we haven't met. Whatever, it's fucking Ghostland!!! And yes, lasers will rule but Vegoose was still a fun time - there's gotta be SOME type of lighting considering it's indoors, right?

Eh, I got my iphone so I will just check the board later and see what's going on for meetups.

i just called too. doors at 7, opener at 8, then ghostland after that, but she didnt know what time that would be. its also first come first serve for seating.

i think i'll probably watch some preseason football first, then head over around 7:30-8.

i'll shoot you a text lillia.

what an awesome show and that darling nikki cover was badass you better believe i danced my ass off all night long.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Show was fucking BAD ASS. I just got home. What a great night and for $5 cover? You can't beat that shit! I have vids of Piano Man, Nothing Compares 2 U, and Darling Nikki - not to mention a bunch of bad ass shots of the laserssssss, fucking FANTASTIC!!!

Josh - you gotta post our awesome UNDERCOVER sunglass flick. 4th time seeing Ghostland and they just bring it harder every single time!

LAAAAAAASSERZZZZ!

Good times! Ghostland killed it last night. Wasnt sure what to expect for the whole under cover thing, but it was mostly just their shit with a few covers at the end. I'll post some pics when I have time...

dammit. looks like i missed a good one. last night it basically came down to seeing ghostland or getting some booty. and, well...ive seen ghostland twice. glad to hear it was good though.

anyone going to Pinback at del mar today??

^yeah, yeah. Pics or it didn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by daftmonkey64 View Post
    last night it basically came down to seeing ghostland or getting some booty. and, well...ive seen ghostland twice.
    Which means you've gotten booty once or less?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.