Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know anything about BMX bikes want to tell me if this is a good deal?

Default Anyone know anything about BMX bikes want to tell me if this is a good deal?

I've been needing a bike for awhile and I came across a guy selling these 2 for $400 each or best offer. its been a long time since ive been in the bmx loop so help me out bish...

1986 Skyway Streetbeat. I bought this as a NOS frame + bar set in 2007 and built it up from the ground with NOS and custom powder-coated parts. It was featured on a BMX website a couple of years ago, although I don't recall which one. It is a "new" bike, barely ridden.

1977/2007 SE Racing PK Ripper. It is the original looptail anniversary limited edition released in 2007. Only 500 were made, all were sold out months before dealers got them in stock (I paid and waited 5 months before it arrived). I bought it as a frame + fork (Landing Gear, $$) set and built it from the ground up. Like the Skyway, it is a "new" bike, barely ridden.

seem like a good deal? which one should i snag?
    Last edited by Mr.Nipples; 07-15-2009 at 07:07 AM.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: Anyone know anything about BMX bikes want to tell me if this is a good deal?

Cholo?

Default Re: Anyone know anything about BMX bikes want to tell me if this is a good deal?

HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!! INSTA-HARD-ON!!! What do you wanna use it for?

If to actually ride BMX, I'd go with the PK. To cruise around town in style, definitely go with the skyway. Also, where exactly are you getting these from? The frames look like different bikes.

i cant believe this. that lean-back seat post is dope!! mag wheels, green tires. fuck yeah. but that PK, man, .........just wow.

also, the PK looks like it comes with an A-headset. much better. also, the 48 spoke wheels are gonna hold up better than the mags.

the PK has a 3 piece crank set and the skyway looks like it might. do you know if it does? looks like it could be a mock 3 piece.
    Last edited by marooko; 07-15-2009 at 07:14 AM.

I had one of those classic PK Rippers back in the day. Then I busted my nuts going awkwardly over a berm. The end.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Get the PK, my PK was a ripper...

yeah. the PK is gonna hold up better all around. looks like it has better parts on it also. but man, you'd be cruising in style on that skyway.

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!! INSTA-HARD-ON!!! What do you wanna use it for?

If to actually ride BMX, I'd go with the PK. To cruise around town in style, definitely go with the skyway. Also, where exactly are you getting these from? The frames look like different bikes.
    just to cruise around mostly. the mags are NOS and not original but im not about to be going off of hills and shit with it anyway. im not sure where the guy is located but he will ship them.

"The frames look like different bikes"

huh?

the PK has a 3 piece crank set and the skyway looks like it might. do you know if it does? looks like it could be a mock 3 piece.
    just asked him, im gonna assume its a 3 piece.
    Last edited by Mr.Nipples; 07-15-2009 at 07:22 AM.

i overlooked the dates. the 77pk looks like the 90's mogoose frame. but being that its the 77, the 90's mogoose frame looks like the PK. my mistake.

overall, like i mentioned, the PK will hold up better. buts its just not gonna be as stylish as that skyway. but anyone who knows is gonna cream when they see either one.

i cracked my skyway on a rhythm section.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_guerrero View Post
    Get the PK, my PK was a ripper...
    well be riding around soon hopefully...

moar pics of the skyway. its been giving me a rude horn all morning...

i overlooked the dates. the 77pk looks like the 90's mogoose frame. but being that its the 77, the 90's mogoose frame looks like the PK. my mistake.

overall, like i mentioned, the PK will hold up better. buts its just not gonna be as stylish as that skyway. but anyone who knows is gonna cream when they see either one.

i cracked my skyway on a rhythm section.
    yeah i dunno if ill be doing alot of dirt riding if i get the skyway.
    Last edited by Mr.Nipples; 07-15-2009 at 07:28 AM.

think it is a 3 piece. i just saw that it is a spindle in there. thought it was just dark.

man i wish i had 400 bucks. id get whichever one you didnt.

Let me know which one you end up getting, Nipps. I'm excited for you.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Nips, you're a white man. What are you doing with a bike?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Uh, Mr.Nipples, now I'm no expert, and maybe it's that bright lime green, I don't know... But, isn't this descision a no brainer?

Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

These are for you, Marooko...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Let me know which one you end up getting, Nipps. I'm excited for you.
    im gonna pick up that skyway. if you want, i can ask this guy to hold the pk for you until you can get the funds, hes also accepting best offers on it.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Uh, Mr.Nipples, now I'm no expert, and maybe it's that bright lime green, I don't know... But, isn't this descision a no brainer?

hahaha

When you get this, we are riding to Music in the park and getting drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    im gonna pick up that skyway. if you want, i can ask this guy to hold the pk for you until you can get the funds, hes also accepting best offers on it.
    does he have a site or email? PM me, or I could PM you mine to forward.

and that shit is gonna be stylish as fuck!! you gotta keep it clean though.

Drunk, on a BIG, bright lime green bike... Nobody will ever notice! LOL

BTW...Mr.Nipples, I think it's those tires that are bringing the smart ass out in me, I'm not sure.
    But, what would I know? I disassembled the banana seat off my sting-ray and replaced it with a 10 speed seat, then took the handlebars off my mom's beach cruiser, only to go flying off the embankment with the boys and landing on that God Damned bar! OUCH!!!

Maybe you could spare him afew of those papertowels.

shoot me your email

Nips, you can get a brand new one from the folks that produce PK ripper (SE racing, see: www.sebikes.com) for that much. Might be better because you can get a larger size bike that would suit you better that is still as stylish, has better components, colors, etc. Especially with the economy the way it is, you should go into your local shop that carries these with cash and try to make a deal. My friend recently got a new SE bike listed at $550 in the store for $400 cash. If you are in an mostly urban area (sf right?) you can probably make this happen. Those vintage bikes are fucking cool though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

That's what I told him too, just buy a new one for the same price and it will last longer, and who knows this guy might have built these with shit parts and put stickers on them...

We will see, that skyway will look pimp, might have to hit a couple jumps on it...
    Last edited by Geno_g; 07-16-2009 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    Nips, you can get a brand new one from the folks that produce PK ripper (SE racing, see: www.sebikes.com) for that much. Might be better because you can get a larger size bike that would suit you better that is still as stylish, has better components, colors, etc. Especially with the economy the way it is, you should go into your local shop that carries these with cash and try to make a deal. My friend recently got a new SE bike listed at $550 in the store for $400 cash. If you are in an mostly urban area (sf right?) you can probably make this happen. Those vintage bikes are fucking cool though.
    If Mr.Nipples gets a bike much bigger, I'll need a new monitor! LOL

Young blood

Young blood that first video you posted of Haro was sick...

Young blood

I remember as a kid going to the park and trying to flatland tricks with the megadeath dudebrahs blasting their music.

Haro=Herro

I use to sport a flatland raleigh bike, had the giro neck so you could do x-ups and full busdrivers, I fucked my self up on that bike trying flatland tricks...