Thread: Lollapalooza Remix Contest (DJ Skarface)

Default Lollapalooza Remix Contest (DJ Skarface)

Hey everyone out there. I'm new to the forums, never been to Coachella but hoping to make it out next year. so far i've only been to one of my dream 3 (Coachella, Lollapalooza, and i've been to Roo Three time)

anyways to get right to the point, i recently entered a remix contest for Lollapalooza not thinking much of it and i actually ended up making it to the semifinals. what this could potentially mean is i could perform at Lollapalooza.

how i got here in the first place was through a mix cd title Skar Talk 2 which is similar to the style of Girl Talk, and i'm sure many of you are familiar with him. withing it i used 100 artists including...

Aerosmith, Audio Two, Beastie Boys, The Bee Gees, Berlin, Big L, Bloodhound Gang, Bobby Valentino, Boogie Down Productions, Gogol Bordello, Boston, James Brown, Buju Banton, Busta Rhymes, Kim Carnes, The Clash, Clipse, Coolio, Crime Mob, Cymande, D-Styles, Daft Punk, Dead Prez, Deftones, Digital and Spirit, Dizzee Rascal, Dr. Dre, Dr. Hook, Egyptian Lover, Eurythmics, Fake Blood, Fatboy Slim, Fergie, Lupe Fiasco, Groove Armada, Bill Haley, Hashim, Rupert Holmes, The Human League, Indo G, Rick James, Jay-z, Journey, Justice, KRS-One, Led Zeppelin, Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Magic Mike, Aimee Mann, Mannie Fresh, Mantronix, Metallica, M.I.A., Mims, Missy Elliot, Money Mark, MSTRKRFT, My Morning Jacket, Nate Dogg, Notorious B.I.G., Ooah, Outkast, DJ P, Pink Floyd, Quiet Riot, Radiohead, Rancid, Revl9n, Rob Base and DJ Easy Rock, Run DMC, Scarface, Schooly D, Freddie Scott, DJ Shadow, Spandau Ballet, Jimmy Spicer, Slightly Stoopid, Steppenwolf, Sublime, Tag Team, T.I., Three 6 Mafia, Treacherous Three, U2, Vampire Weekend, Whodini, Wu-Tang Clan, Yo Majesty, Z-trip

you can check that out here

DJ Skarface - Skar Talk 2

anyways for this round i was given the opportunity to remix Heartless Bastards' "The Mountain", definitely my favorite of theirs. as it turns out pretty much everyone else went with Passion Pit haha.

i know it appears as if this is spam but obviously i'm here to ask for something and thats for your vote. i would definitely appreciate it if you could cast your vote for me as this could potenitally be life changing (dramatic huh?).

you can check out the remix i made here

http://delllounge.com/lollapalooza/?gotopage=/contest.php&aid=49608&sid=113

and if you wanna vote for me you should start by going to the bottom of the page where it says Sign UP and then click As A Fan.

regardless if you vote or not i would appreciate it if you checked out Skar Talk 2. i put a lot of effort into that 40 minute mix.

peace! can't wait to read all the rumors! phish possibly? haha

Default Re: Lollapalooza Remix Contest (DJ Skarface)

Mentioning Girl Talk on this board is asking for trouble. Word to the wise.

Default Re: Lollapalooza Remix Contest (DJ Skarface)

Good luck man, ill check out the mix. Dont mind the haters on here, there are lots. You wont have any better luck on the lolla board tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again