Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

Default Re: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

um yes

There were hilarious at Treasure Island. Vote yes on Edward Sharpe.

Just got a ticket for Chicago
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

hahahaha holy shit. So if anyone cares how tonight went.....

Arrived in a jolly mood with my good friends Katie and Jordan. Cheered to the ultimate hipster drink...pabst, then moved to the front for The Deadly Syndrome.

Really good energy and their last song, i think its called "Eucalyptus" was really fun! All four of them members busted on the drum set. Started the night off right.

Mag Zeros were incredible! 4th time seeing them and I'll have to say this was the most fun and intimate. I talked to Christian, one of the guitar players, the one that looks like a pirate, before the show and he told me they just make up there setlist as they go. Which makes it really cool when Alex asks for any requests and usually gets them.

Om Nashi Me, Home, Janglin, 40 days, and Jades new song, um i think its named "Fiya Wata" were the highlights for me. So much energy as Alex sang to Jade and the rest of the band.

He came in the crowd at one point and was facing the band singing to them. The trumpet player also danced in the crowd with his tambourine.

But the most ridiculous part of the night was the last song of the encore where alex and another guitar player did "brother" and asked if people wanted to come sit with them on stage.

Of course Katie and I darted to the stage and got great seats next to them. hahaha Katie even played the tambourine. And then Alex asked if we wanted to play anything.(everyone sitting on stage, about 20) Wouldn't you know it Katie screamed I'll sing a song! Alex agreed and she sang a song she just wrote a few days back!

It was a pretty unbelievable night and one to write in the books.

I captured Jades new song and the last song with Katie beautifully singing. I will post them shits later...

^nice videos, looks like a great night. I'm digging that new Jade song.

Very excited about seeing these guys in Dallas this Saturday night.

08/27 Jamie XX - The Mohawk
    08/31 Little Dragon - The Moody Theater
    10/02 Beck - Stubb's
    10/03 Rhye - The Paramount
    09/12 GvsB IV w/Panda Bear, SOPHIE, DOSS, Ejecta - Granada Theater
    09/21 IHEARTCOMIX + Hyperdub 10 - Empire
    09/23 Andy Stott/Millie + Andrea - The North Door
    11/7,8,9 Fun Fun Fun - Auditorium Shores
    11/17 Blonde Redhead - The Mohawk
    11/23 Caribou, Jessy Lanza - The Mohawk
    11/26 FKA Twigs - The Parish

07, 08, 09, 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    You mind at least posting a video or something? Maybe a description of their music? That might incline people to actually discuss them rather than assume you're some 30-something year old A&R rep typing behind a cubicle trying to hype some band because you'll get paid for it.
    can you do some of the work yourself? Being such the big music fan.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

i love the song Brother,.they dont play it enough.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

WOW! That's about as fun as live music gets. The crowd up front at last night's show had a blast, getting down and interacting with the band. Every song was great but "Kisses over Babylon" was spectacular. CAN NOT WAIT to see these guys at Coachella.

my video of "Home":

08/27 Jamie XX - The Mohawk
    08/31 Little Dragon - The Moody Theater
    10/02 Beck - Stubb's
    10/03 Rhye - The Paramount
    09/12 GvsB IV w/Panda Bear, SOPHIE, DOSS, Ejecta - Granada Theater
    09/21 IHEARTCOMIX + Hyperdub 10 - Empire
    09/23 Andy Stott/Millie + Andrea - The North Door
    11/7,8,9 Fun Fun Fun - Auditorium Shores
    11/17 Blonde Redhead - The Mohawk
    11/23 Caribou, Jessy Lanza - The Mohawk
    11/26 FKA Twigs - The Parish

07, 08, 09, 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

That lead singer dude was (or is) in Ima Robot

2010 for sure

Wow the second part to their 12 Part Video series is fucking epic. I cant wait til the next...

check out part 2 here

http://www.myspace.com/edwardsharpe

Holy shit you guys!!! I mean seriously, did I really just witness that last night. Words are failing me right now as I try to describe the experience that was bestowed upon me and the other lucky 500 Chicagoan's who got to witness a truly amazing show. "Show" isn't even the right word to describe what I was a part of last night. It does the evening no justice. All I can say is that this band is unreal in terms of energy. And I am talking about the type of energy that is not able to be seen, but felt deep within and bounced from soul to soul. There was something happening inside that tiny little room last night that was electric. Something that really can't be understood unless you actually experienced for yourself. See this band live.

Highlights:

no set list. "What do you guys wanna play next?" after every song. That was refreshing to see because it seems like every other band out there right now are going with the motions of being on tour and there isn't that "anything can happen" mentality anymore.

Alex is seriously from another planet or he was reeeeeaaaaaly tripping or rolling his balls off. he was complaining about the sound throughout the night to the sound guy but in all reality the sound was absolutely perfect. Reminded me of Dewey Cox trying to make that album during his "Acid years" with the 82 piece orchestra and looking for a place to fit the didgeridoo. I thought it was awesome.

the smiles on the band members faces

spoke with the drummer briefly and asked him if the rumors about them playing Coachella were true. he gave me a big smile, shrugged his shoulders, and gave me that look of, "I wish I could say yes to your question but contracts with Goldenvoice prohibit me from saying anything at this time."

I doubt it will happen, but hell put this band right before Arcade Fire on the fucking Main.

ps - opening band Local Natives were pretty fucking good too. Check 'em out.
    Last edited by shotglass75; 11-28-2009 at 12:07 PM.

anyone hitting up the Mayan show in LA. Its the last show on the tour!

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    Holy shit you guys!!! I mean seriously, did I really just witness that last night. Words are failing me right now as I try to describe the experience that was bestowed upon me and the other lucky 500 Chicagoan's who got to witness a truly amazing show. "Show" isn't even the right word to describe what I was a part of last night. It does the evening no justice. All I can say is that this band is unreal in terms of energy. And I am talking about the type of energy that is not able to be seen, but felt deep within and bounced from soul to soul. There was something happening inside that tiny little room last night that was electric. Something that really can't be understood unless you actually experienced for yourself. See this band live.

Highlights:

no set list. "What do you guys wanna play next?" after every song. That was refreshing to see because it seems like every other band out there right now are going with the motions of being on tour and there isn't that "anything can happen" mentality anymore.

Alex is seriously from another planet or he was reeeeeaaaaaly tripping or rolling his balls off. he was complaining about the sound throughout the night to the sound guy but in all reality the sound was absolutely perfect. Reminded me of Dewey Cox trying to make that album during his "Acid years" with the 82 piece orchestra and looking for a place to fit the didgeridoo. I thought it was awesome.

the smiles on the band members faces

spoke with the drummer briefly and asked him if the rumors about them playing Coachella were true. he gave me a big smile, shrugged his shoulders, and gave me that look of, "I wish I could say yes to your question but contracts with Goldenvoice prohibit me from saying anything at this time."

I doubt it will happen, but hell put this band right before Arcade Fire on the fucking Main.

ps - opening band Local Natives were pretty fucking good too. Check 'em out.
    hahaha glad the show was a hit! I could see Ed getting billed as high as the sunset spot on the main, but would truelly love to see them in one of the tents now that ive caught a few of their live shows. I just think the energy would be that much better in a smaller area.

Glad you enjoyed Local Natives (Cavil at Rest) as well, they are south county kids and have an awesome live energy and sound.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

I'm going through your 2010 wishlist bands and loving them by the way.

Somehow I missed this thread.

But really, if you have not seen them live, DO IT.

They are totally worth it, the interaction between the band, the energy of the music, and the quality of the performance is TOP NOTCH.

It is joyful to simply watch them interact with each other, each band member giving equal time to their instrument and to their peers. It is amazing to watch. Simply put, their performance exudes joy.

So yeah, Check em out!!

Hang on a sec, I'll post a few pics:
    Last edited by emtgreg; 12-01-2009 at 07:12 PM.
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

These pictures kind of suck:

"It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    Something's going on inside that drum that we're not aware of. And where's her other hand??
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)
    9/05 - The Rentals - Fonda (?)
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy
    9/13 - Owen Pallett - El Rey (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    I'm going through your 2010 wishlist bands and loving them by the way.
    yeah believe it or not some folks on here do have really good taste in music... who do you seem to be enjoying the most?

and pics i took of Ed Sharpe at the Abbot Kinney Music Fest about a month and a half ago.... thought i put them up allready, guess not.

Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

Loving Sleepy Sun and The Entrance Band

Part 2 of their 12 part feature length music video (part one was posted on the first page for dessert song).

got a tweet that the Mayan show is close to selling out. Anyone lagging on a ticket should get on it ASAP. I'm still debating on this vs Mew.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House -

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    got a tweet that the Mayan show is close to selling out. Anyone lagging on a ticket should get on it ASAP. I'm still debating on this vs Mew.
    No Debate. Edward Sharpe. Mew is great, loved them at Nails so it all depends on what type of show your looking for.

Finally found this. I totally got the song name wrong. My jaw drops everytime I hear and see this live.

old school

picking mew over edward sharpe would be like picking the bravery over the white strips.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Okay, y'all convinced me. I'm doing Edward Sharpe then.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/18 Fatboy Slim@Shrine - 9/22 Interpol@Fox Pomona - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/25 Simian Mobile Disco@El Rey - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Superhumanoids@Palladium - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House -

can watch an entire live show right here for $3 bucks.

http://www.rvibe-live.com/index.php?...=Event&vid=230

I never in a million years, would i have thought that ESTM would blown up the way they have. Good for Alex!! Personally i like Ima Robot a lil bit more.
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Quote Originally Posted by ElBlueblazer View Post
    I never in a million years, would i have thought that ESTM would blown up the way they have. Good for Alex!! Personally i like Ima Robot a lil bit more.
    really?

idk... when i saw them live it just was like whoa! this is what its all about. It must be so hard keeping everyone together though.... thats why if they prevail its really going to be something special. I have a lot of faith in them as far where they can take it. I cant wait to see what video/song they decide to do next.