Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FRESH SQUEEZED FESTIVAL '09 - THIS SATURDAY, JULY 11TH!!!

Default Re: FRESH SQUEEZED FESTIVAL '09 - THIS SATURDAY, JULY 11TH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Austin_Edwards View Post
    Dude, our events don't suck! You can't say our events suck just because you don't like the talent we booked! That would be like me saying coachella sucks, just because I'm not into most of the acts they book! You can say you don't like the artists we booked, but saying our events suck just because you don't like the dj's we booked is just more of that lame "I'm better than you, because the music I like is better than the music you like" shit... and I've seen most of the artists you named and I wouldn't want to see any of them again, but that's my opinion!

You saying that about Mark Farina & Z-Trip just proves that you have no business being involved in promoting.

PS: Your festival goers are all most likely 13-17 year old e-tards that are probably even stuck in k-holes & 25-30 year old guys just trying to get some tight stuff on drugs.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 07-08-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    If you booked me, you would get more coachella boardies to come than what you have on your lineup, and i wouldnt charge you as much :P
    Ill tell you what, if you get me on the comp list i will go, and then come back here and give an "honest" review of your festival.
    lol, what makes you so sure you aren't just another dj that isn't worth seeing... and wouldn't just make our event "suck" even more according to all the other people here...just because people here arent into the music you play, lol

actually if i thought there was a chance in hell that someone here would give a truely unbiased and "honest" review, i might be willing to see what i can do... but i'm pretty damn sure that wouldn't happen... and i'm REALLY starting to think that our event is probably better off without all the negative vibes the people here would bring... our events do VERY well, without the support of the coachella boards

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Dude, our events don't suck! You can't say our events suck just because you don't like the talent we booked!
    What? Then when can I? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

lol, the PLURassholes ARE rubbing their junk all over their keyboards to be first in line... by the THOUSANDS... just not the ones on this board!!!
    There isnt anyone from this board going though. I offered to be the one to check it out, but i am a techno snob, and probably wont be impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Young blood

freshly squeezed Pedofest

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

can we get further explanation on why clown attire isn't allowed? is this a new gang thing? is it referring specifically to clownshoes & baggy pants or is this more a moratorium on not looking silly in general?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    You saying that about Mark Farina & Z-Trip just proves that you have no business being involved in promoting.

PS: Your festival goers are all most likely 13-17 year old e-tards that are probably even stuck in k-holes & 25-30 year old guys just trying to get some tight stuff on drugs.
    OMFG, ROFLMAO... do you even have the slightest clue about my history in the L.A. rave scene?

Mark Farina and Z-Trip are both very talented at what they do... but that doesn't change the fact that I don't want to see them again... its my OPINION!

We are music snobs, you realize you are on the board of the festival that brought Daft Punk out for the first time in 6 years. The board for the festival that brought out Aphex Twin, Plump DJ's, Kraftwerk, Chemical Brothers among others.

Young blood

Most underage kids are scared of clowns.

This event does give away free oranges. And who would turn down that? Sign me up

lol, what makes you so sure you aren't just another dj that isn't worth seeing... and wouldn't just make our event "suck" even more according to all the other people here...just because people here arent into the music you play, lol

actually if i thought there was a chance in hell that someone here would give a truely unbiased and "honest" review, i might be willing to see what i can do... but i'm pretty damn sure that wouldn't happen... and i'm REALLY starting to think that our event is probably better off without all the negative vibes the people here would bring... our events do VERY well, without the support of the coachella boards
    I never said i was a dj worth seeing. I know what im doing and never said that your talent didnt, just simply said never heard of any of them, so how could i possibly be into them?
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync

There isnt anyone from this board going though. I offered to be the one to check it out, but i am a techno snob, and probably wont be impressed.
    seee and even you are admittedly biased so why should i bother

OMFG, ROFLMAO... do you even have the slightest clue about my history in the L.A. rave scene?

Mark Farina and Z-Trip are both very talented at what they do... but that doesn't change the fact that I don't want to see them again... its my OPINION!

never heard of you to tell you the truth, i hate trance in all forms but when you are throwing this party with Blutonium Boy and other promotion companys are getting giants like Donald Glaud and Paul Van Dyke you can't say that your party doesn't lack in talent.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    can we get further explanation on why clown attire isn't allowed? is this a new gang thing? is it referring specifically to clownshoes & baggy pants or is this more a moratorium on not looking silly in general?
    lol, clowns are SCARRY...period!!!

I didnt say i was biased, i said i was a snob. Big difference. It means i am not easily impressed when i go see djs. I hear when the mix comes off beat by 1/8 of a second, and it ruins my time when a dj sucks.

We have a secret board? PF, where is it?

never heard of you to tell you the truth, i hate trance in all forms but when you are throwing this party with Blutonium Boy and other promotion companys are getting giants like Donald Glaud and Paul Van Dyke you can't say that your party doesn't lack in talent.
    Paul van Dyke has an exclusive with Insomniac if i'm not mistaken, but even if he didnt we couldnt afford to book him. WE DON"T THROW MASSIVES... and we don't have a massive budget... Donald Glaude is awesome of course, but he's played here a million times... you guys are complaining that our line-up isnt "fresh" and then you give me names of dj's like that

I didnt say i was biased, i said i was a snob. Big difference. It means i am not easily impressed when i go see djs. I hear when the mix comes off beat by 1/8 of a second, and it ruins my time when a dj sucks.
    well, then you are unqualified or i guess i should say over-qualified to give a review that would relate to the typical attendee

I said i hate trance so i don't know many trance dj's, but your house line up is weak as fuck too. Bottom line is you booked a bunch of people that no one but drugged up kids care about, minus Micky Finn & Shabba D, and they probably don't know who the djs are but it sounds good on drugs so its ok.

well, then you are unqualified or i guess i should say over-qualified to give a review that would relate to the typical attendee
    I would say thats perfectly qualified for a review that actually matters, and what you said proves that all that goes to your event is people with no knowledge of real EDM.

I would say thats perfectly qualified for a review that actually matters, and what you said proves that all that goes to your event is people with no knowledge of real EDM.
    QFT

I hate to take the rave dudes side but that isn't qualified. That's like someone who has been a guitarist for 25 years writing a review on a rock show and complaining about 6 misplaced strings throughout the entire concert. I don't know how to play an instrument so I cant tell but I can tell if it sounds right to my ears.
    Last edited by WhyTheLongFace; 07-08-2009 at 04:20 PM.

I'm not saying he should review it to that extent but it makes him a trustworthy opinion.

No, thats completely different. A dj's job is to make transitions seamless. If he cant even do that he cant do all the other things that make a dj talented. Step one is the most important and is unforgivable if someone cant do it. I understand when someone fucks up doing crazy scratches and tricks while beatmatching, cause its fucking hard as hell.

When the mix comes off beat by 1/8 of a second I still have a good time and dont think the DJ is ruining the set, that's all I'm saying. And you being a DJ yourself of course you're gonna be more critical.

This thread is very interesting.
    it's better to live as if there are no "do-overs," so that you won't need one. I thought I'd share this with you, to work in the bits about fear, mistakes, and how precious today's opportunities are.

I agree that it is more of a curse than a talent to have slips ruin sets for me.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    Where the fuck is Rap/Rock Is Life when you need him?
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Why are you guys always so negative about our events here? Seriously, this is the ONLY place on the internet, where we post event info, that people bash our shows... what exactly is it, that drives people here to hate on our events? Is it just the "cool" thing to do... or is it just because electronic dance music isn't your thing... or what?

funny thing is, despite how much people here say it's going to suck, the people that DO attend our events consistently say how much they loved it, how much fun they had, that they had the time of their lives, that they can't wait for our next event, etc...
    ...and every show we throw pulls a bigger and better crowd because of that!!! Our last event sold-out w/ over 7,000 people in attendance! Fact is, the people that go to our events DO have a great time! They wouldn't keep coming back if they didn't...
    I'm mad because it's a thread started by a promoter. You're the same as the spam guy who creates an account to start threads about how to convert AVI/MPEG into IPOD video or BUY NIKE'S FOR PENNIES! thread guy.

If the thread was started by a regular user of the board, I would be less angry. But it's you. And it's a slippery slope. So I draw the line.

I think everyone here is pretty on top of music events. We don't need you to come in and advertise. I saw your flyers EVERYFUCKINGWHERE ON THE GROUND outside EDC and I know all my friends (who enjoy EDM and frequent this board) saw your flyers as well. We all know about Fresh Squeezed. If we were interested, we would be talking about it.

Last edited by Wheres the beef?; 07-08-2009 at 05:31 PM.

^
    truth be told. last paragraph especially. i cant believe u mentioned the "buy nike's for pennies" guy. rotfl. Nikes for pennies, lol.