Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: FRESH SQUEEZED FESTIVAL '09 - THIS SATURDAY, JULY 11TH!!!

Talking FRESH SQUEEZED FESTIVAL '09 - THIS SATURDAY, JULY 11TH!!!

Default Re: FRESH SQUEEZED FESTIVAL '09 - THIS SATURDAY, JULY 11TH!!!

DELETE

Oooh! A festival in Whittier! I've always wanted to go to one of those!
    7/23 - Fuzz - Troubadour (?)
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Banned

best thread ever

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post

this line up sucks, and the name of the party sucks harder

Hey, whittier can be cool! We have that cool bike trail...yeah, take that.
    ------------------
    "Mr. Toad's Wild Aidz."

Why are you guys always so negative about our events here? Seriously, this is the ONLY place on the internet, where we post event info, that people bash our shows... what exactly is it, that drives people here to hate on our events? Is it just the "cool" thing to do... or is it just because electronic dance music isn't your thing... or what?

funny thing is, despite how much people here say it's going to suck, the people that DO attend our events consistently say how much they loved it, how much fun they had, that they had the time of their lives, that they can't wait for our next event, etc...
    ...and every show we throw pulls a bigger and better crowd because of that!!! Our last event sold-out w/ over 7,000 people in attendance! Fact is, the people that go to our events DO have a great time! They wouldn't keep coming back if they didn't...

Quote Originally Posted by mattpach View Post
    what's wrong with having a festival like this in Whittier?

Quote Originally Posted by SDsoldier7 View Post
    this line up sucks, and the name of the party sucks harder
    what sucks about the line-up? what would you consider a good line-up?

...and why do you think the name of the event sucks harder?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin_Edwards View Post
    what's wrong with having a festival like this in Whittier?

If you have to ask, you'll never know.
    7/23 - Fuzz - Troubadour (?)
    7/30 - Shabazz Palaces - Roxy (?)
    7/31 - Hamilton Leithauser - Echo (?)
    8/01 - Ceremony/Nothing - Roxy (?)
    8/06 - Herbie Hancock - Hollywood Bowl (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

funny thing is, despite how much people here say it's going to suck, the people that DO attend our events consistently say how much they loved it, how much fun they had, that they had the time of their lives, that they can't wait for our next event, etc...
    1) There's nothing really funny about that so I don't know why you put "funny thing is". I don't see the humor.
    2) Have you tried Ecstasy? It could make swimming in rubbing alcohol enjoyable.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

If you have to ask, you'll never know.
    in other words, you don't have an answer...

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    1) There's nothing really funny about that so I don't know why you put "funny thing is". I don't see the humor.
    2) Have you tried Ecstasy? It could make swimming in rubbing alcohol enjoyable.
    1) It's a figure of speech... but I do think it's funny when people act like they know everything, just to be cool, and it turns out they're wrong!
    2) If ecstasy is so enjoyable, why not just stay at home and bathe in rubbing alcohol then. People take drugs, regardless of what type of music is being played, at EVERY music festival. People don't have a great time at our events just because they're on drugs. They have a great time, because they're positive people out to have a great time at a great event, dancing the night away to music they love!

If you like electronic dance music and you think you'd have fun at this kind of event, then go and you WILL have fun...If you don't like electronic dance music (or if you don't like the acts we booked) and this isn't the kind of event you think you'd have fun at, then don't go. We don't want people to come if they're just going to be negative and complain and not even try to have a good time. I completely understand that not everyone likes the kind of music played by the acts we book for our shows, but a lot of other people do. To tell you the truth, I don't like 99% of the bands that most people here are into, but I wouldn't say they suck! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and people should respect that... the world would be pretty boring if everyone liked the same exact things... I just don't think it's fair to say a show is going to suck just because it's not the kind of music you like! That whole "I'm better than you, because the music I like is better than the music you like" attitude is just weak...

first off, sorry for bashing on your fest. i didnt think you would take it personal.

ok, the name of the party, "Fresh Squeezed", wtf is it reffering to? if squeezed is reffering to music, then, its still weak sauce. the party would be way more fresh if you just called it "Fresh".

as far as the line up, well, damn. where should i start? how much was the budget for the line up, $500? i think it would have been more sick to bring in a bunch of your local djs, and have a few solid headliners.

i would go to fresh squeezed if the line up looked like this:

LCD Soundsytem
    Diplo
    Aphex Twin
    Bassnectar
    The Bloody Beatroots
    Trv$ n DJAM
    Friendly Fires
    Miguel Migs
    Plump DJs
    Wax Tailor
    Chase and Status
    Mark Farina
    etc, etc.....

If you are going to promote a festival on here, and it isnt "fresh", you will get bashed on. Have you seen the EDM acts that have played at coachella? You cannont lie to this message board, we are music fiends i tell you. Im thankful that this is the only place on the net where your fest gets dogged on. There is so much BS out there, this is one of the few places on the net where you can truly find the fresh shit!

i also just read that you dont like 99% of the bands that people like on here. and your surprised people on this board bash on your fest? you probably havent heard 100% of the bands discussed on here.

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

Why are you guys always so negative about our events here? Seriously, this is the ONLY place on the internet, where we post event info, that people bash our shows... what exactly is it, that drives people here to hate on our events? Is it just the "cool" thing to do... or is it just because electronic dance music isn't your thing... or what?
    I waited in line for almost 4 hours at Winterfresh 07. That was my first and last party of your's. I was very put off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

Banned

2) If ecstasy is so enjoyable, why not just stay at home and bathe in rubbing alcohol then.
    sounds like a plan!

i'm still trying to figure out why the pico rivera sports arena is in whittier, and not pico rivera.....and for that matter why east l.a. college is in montery park and not ela.

what gives?
    ))<>((

Why are you guys always so negative about our events here?
    Because you come here to spam your events. This is a board of people who read and or post or lurk regularly. You come, you spam, you leave. That is rude. Of course you will be received negatively. On top of that you didnt even bother to post your "festival" in the festival thread. I had to move it there for you. You lazy ass. We created a FESTIVAL thread for people to discuss festivals. But nooooo. You were too cool to post in there. And now you want to complain about why WE are so negative? hahaha..
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

I think they are refering to the quality of the artists that you have booked. The techno heads on this forum are older and know what they like. You will have much better luck posting on highschool forums etc. Ive been into the scene for a long ass time, and there isnt one act i want to see at your festival. I am sure if i went took a bunch of drugs and hooked up with some hot sluts i would leave the show thinking i had a great time, however i only goto electronic music shows to see music i like and you have none.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Quote Originally Posted by SDsoldier7 View Post
    first off, sorry for bashing on your fest. i didnt think you would take it personal.

ok, the name of the party, "Fresh Squeezed", wtf is it reffering to? if squeezed is reffering to music, then, its still weak sauce. the party would be way more fresh if you just called it "Fresh".

as far as the line up, well, damn. where should i start? how much was the budget for the line up, $500? i think it would have been more sick to bring in a bunch of your local djs, and have a few solid headliners.

i would go to fresh squeezed if the line up looked like this:

LCD Soundsytem
    Diplo
    Aphex Twin
    Bassnectar
    The Bloody Beatroots
    Trv$ n DJAM
    Friendly Fires
    Miguel Migs
    Plump DJs
    Wax Tailor
    Chase and Status
    Mark Farina
    etc, etc.....

If you are going to promote a festival on here, and it isnt "fresh", you will get bashed on. Have you seen the EDM acts that have played at coachella? You cannont lie to this message board, we are music fiends i tell you. Im thankful that this is the only place on the net where your fest gets dogged on. There is so much BS out there, this is one of the few places on the net where you can truly find the fresh shit!

i also just read that you dont like 99% of the bands that people like on here. and your surprised people on this board bash on your fest? you probably havent heard 100% of the bands discussed on here.
    thank you for your response... and trust me, i don't take it personal...

ok, so the name of the party? well, obviously our company name is Fresh L.A. Entertainment which is why "fresh" is in the name of all our events. we throw three events a year... our anniversary event "Fresh Anniversary" which is a spring-time themed event, "Winterfresh" which is a winter/x-mas themed event and this one, "Fresh Squeezed", which is a citrus/summer themed event with citrus themed props & decorations and our annual tradition of giving out thousands of pounds of free oranges... really though, does the name of an event matter that much? i mean, come on.. Coachella is called the "Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival", right? Not that there's anything wrong with that, but there's definately not anything special about it... i dunno, i do think it's nice to have an event name that stands out and is appropriate for the event, but as long as you like the music being played, the production of the event itself is top-notch and the crowd that attends is there to dance their ass off and just have a great time, it really shouldn't make a difference what the event is called or even where it is for that matter!

as far as the budget and line-up goes? wow, $500? seriously? our budget for this show is easily 300x that... $500 would barely cover my own booking fees (if i wasnt part of the crew) and i'm a local. i'm not your typical local, but still a local... we have 8 Int'l DJ's for this show and none of them are cheap... they may not be your personal cup of tea, but they ARE all solid acts in the EDM scene... there's only one other local production crew in socal that would even consider spending the amount of money we do for the size show we put on. we don't throw massives. we usually throw events with average attendance of around 5k people... at $40/ ticket that hardly covers our expenses as it is... there's no way we could afford some of the acts you named. unfortunately we don't have the massive budget that coachella does, but we do the best with what we have... and we do try to bring out the freshest talent we can, that either hasnt been seen here before, hasnt been seen here for a long time or are up and coming acts (Daniel Kandi for one has never even played in the U.S.)... if we've booked someone that doesnt fall into one of those categories, it's by popular demand, because people ask us to book them.... and as far as the line-up you stated you'd like to see, well chances are you wouldnt see most of them at our events for several reasons. without going into detail about each and every one of them i'll just say this... some of them we honestly couldnt afford, others may be great entertainers, but they aren't the kind of acts that will get our crowds dancing their asses off all night long, others, in my personal opinion, aren't fresh at all, but i've been in this scene for a long time so they may be fresh to you. There are a couple in there that i'd also like to see though, so i'll give you that... and i do thank you very much for your input! I can certainly respect your opinion! I don't make the decisions regarding our line-ups, but I will pass your feedback along to the person that does and hopefully it will be taken into consideration for our future events!

I kinda figured, when I posted the event here, that it would probably take a beating, primarily because coachella fans aren't huge on EDM, but also because I've read these boards and frankly, while I'm sure many of you DO in fact know your shit when it comes to music, it seems to me that there's also a lot of people here that just have that "I'm better than you, because the music I like is better than the music you like" attitude... so yeah, I was just kinda curious why people here are so quick to hate on our events... and if it was just for those reasons or something else...

Like I said before we couldn't possibly afford to book some of the EDM acts that coachella does, but I have to hold my ground and respectfully disagree with you saying our events aren't "fresh". They may not be as fresh as you'd like, but they are the freshest we can do with the budget we have for the size of events we throw... it's really NOT as easy as people seem to think, to get exactly who we want to play, for a cost within our budget, on the date of our event, that will work with the rest of the line-up for the show. For this event in particular, there was actually quite a few artists we wanted to get, but we just couldn't get to work for one reason or another!

...and you're right, I have not heard 100% of the bands that people discuss on here. I probably haven't even heard 50% of them, lol... it's just not my thing... I prefer the sound of electronic music over the sound of the traditional bands (drummer, bass guitar, lead guitar, rythym guitar and singers). I don't really like the sound of the guitar, I don't much care for the sound of the human voice and I don't want to be influenced by lyrics that are depressing, make no sense to me or I just can't relate to... but that's my opinion and I'm entitled to my own opinion, just like you're all entitled to yours... I don't think it's too much too ask that we all respect each others difference of opinion... music is amazing and we should all be able to listen to the music we like without other people bashing it, otherwise we're no different than the people who once tried to ban rock n' roll saying it was the "devils work", ya know what i mean? lol...

Anyways, again, like I said before, if you don't like electronic dance music (or if you don't like the acts we booked) or this just isn't the kind of event you think you'd have fun at, then don't go. If you like electronic dance music and you think you'd have fun at this kind of event, then go and i promise you WILL have fun!!!

1) It's a figure of speech... but I do think it's funny when people act like they know everything, just to be cool, and it turns out they're wrong!
    2) If ecstasy is so enjoyable, why not just stay at home and bathe in rubbing alcohol then. People take drugs, regardless of what type of music is being played, at EVERY music festival. People don't have a great time at our events just because they're on drugs. They have a great time, because they're positive people out to have a great time at a great event, dancing the night away to music they love!

If you like electronic dance music and you think you'd have fun at this kind of event, then go and you WILL have fun...If you don't like electronic dance music (or if you don't like the acts we booked) and this isn't the kind of event you think you'd have fun at, then don't go. We don't want people to come if they're just going to be negative and complain and not even try to have a good time. I completely understand that not everyone likes the kind of music played by the acts we book for our shows, but a lot of other people do. To tell you the truth, I don't like 99% of the bands that most people here are into, but I wouldn't say they suck! Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and people should respect that... the world would be pretty boring if everyone liked the same exact things... I just don't think it's fair to say a show is going to suck just because it's not the kind of music you like! That whole "I'm better than you, because the music I like is better than the music you like" attitude is just weak...

Dude your events suck, that is why people talk shit. Look at all the line up thrown by other promotion companys in and around LA. I mean jujubeats has Bassnectar, Z-Trip, Mark Farina, Glitch Mob, Heather and Doc Martin just to name a few and you have Micky Finn & Shabba D, Twisted Individual, local D'n'B dj's and a bunch of shit i have never heard nor do i want to hear. The only thing i suggest doing is to compare the line ups you guys have to the line ups of all the other partys around.

Young blood

This festival can be lumped in with the HARD and nocturnal promoted festivals. If this festival had one decent headliner the PLURassholes would be rubbing their junk all over their keyboards to be first in line.

Young blood

Wait.....will there be hookers at this event?

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    Because you come here to spam your events. This is a board of people who read and or post or lurk regularly. You come, you spam, you leave. That is rude. Of course you will be received negatively. On top of that you didnt even bother to post your "festival" in the festival thread. I had to move it there for you. You lazy ass. We created a FESTIVAL thread for people to discuss festivals. But nooooo. You were too cool to post in there. And now you want to complain about why WE are so negative? hahaha..
    wow, seriously?... forgive me for not being familiar with the boards and where I should have posted my thread. my bad!

it was not my intention to "spam" your boards. i thought this was a place where music lovers post and discuss music and musical events.... my intention was to inform people of this event and encourage people who might have fun at this type of event to go... does my last post look like i only mean to "come, spam and leave"? geezuz....

...and i never meant to "complain" about why people are so negative, only to better understand WHY people are so negative, but you're post made it painfully clear that people here are just plain negative for the sake of being negative

i'm sorry, but calling me "rude", a "lazy ass" and "too cool" was completely uncalled for...

It seems to me there's just a lot of unhappy people here. Why anyone living a happy life would even bother wasting their time to come on here posting negative thoughts about me and this event is beyond me... sounds like a lot of you could really use an event like this to just let go, forget about whatever it is that's making you so unhappy and just have FUN for a night!!!

Items not allowed: Sitting on the dance floor, Weapons, Markers, Outside Alcohol, Drugs of Any Kind, Negative Energy and Clown Attire
    What do you have against clowns?

Young blood

Crumpin is serious biz.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

clown attire not allowed at a rave? now i've seen everything!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

sounds like a lot of you could really use an event like this to just let go, forget about whatever it is that's making you so unhappy and just have FUN for a night!!!
    We go to a lot events kinda like this one, the main difference is the ones we choose to go to have djs that are worth seeing. Like i said compare your line up to all the other line ups posted on here.

If you booked me, you would get more coachella boardies to come than what you have on your lineup, and i wouldnt charge you as much :P
    Ill tell you what, if you get me on the comp list i will go, and then come back here and give an "honest" review of your festival.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Shut the fuck up you pussy. If you dont get down with Westside Connection you have no credibility in the music world what so-ever. Get off these forums you *** *** and go bump your N'sync
    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I'm down with westside connect....fail again

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Dude your events suck, that is why people talk shit. Look at all the line up thrown by other promotion companys in and around LA. I mean jujubeats has Bassnectar, Z-Trip, Mark Farina, Glitch Mob, Heather and Doc Martin just to name a few and you have Micky Finn & Shabba D, Twisted Individual, local D'n'B dj's and a bunch of shit i have never heard nor do i want to hear. The only thing i suggest doing is to compare the line ups you guys have to the line ups of all the other partys around.
    Dude, our events don't suck! You can't say our events suck just because you don't like the talent we booked! That would be like me saying coachella sucks, just because I'm not into most of the acts they book! You can say you don't like the artists we booked, but saying our events suck just because you don't like the dj's we booked is just more of that lame "I'm better than you, because the music I like is better than the music you like" shit... and I've seen most of the artists you named and I wouldn't want to see any of them again, but that's my opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    This festival can be lumped in with the HARD and nocturnal promoted festivals. If this festival had one decent headliner the PLURassholes would be rubbing their junk all over their keyboards to be first in line.
    lol, the PLURassholes ARE rubbing their junk all over their keyboards to be first in line... by the THOUSANDS... just not the ones on this board!!!