Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Songs Stuck In Your Head You Need Identified With Barely Any Information To Help

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Default Songs Stuck In Your Head You Need Identified With Barely Any Information To Help

So for at least two weeks I've had this one slow indie rock song stuck in my head. I'd thought I must have heard it from Rock Band, but now I've been through every track there is and none of them sound like it. The lyrics are relatively hard to make out, particularly given my only kinda fuzzy memory of the slow, hypnotic beat. Only things I really remember are "But you're so far away from me girl/now" and "I've got a feeling/fever."

Anybody know what the fuck this is?
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Default Re: Songs Stuck In Your Head You Need Identified With Barely Any Information To Help

Syphilis.

Default Re: Songs Stuck In Your Head You Need Identified With Barely Any Information To Help

Is that the band or the song or what I gave you?
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

I should also note that it's a male singer. The one lyric I'm absolutely sure of is the "But you're so far away," occasionally followed by "from me."

I believe the band is "Lovin' Handful" and the song is either "Jackin' Off" or "My Ghonorrhea."Could be wrong though. "Jackin' off has a definite beat to it.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Goddammit. This just reminded me of some song I heard in Subway that I was going to Google some of the lyrics for but now I forgot them. Now all I can remember is the catchy fucking bassline eating a hole in my brain like a cancer. Thanks.

Nevermind. It was INXS.
    Last edited by SoulDischarge; 07-05-2009 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    So for at least two weeks I've had this one slow indie rock song stuck in my head. I'd thought I must have heard it from Rock Band, but now I've been through every track there is and none of them sound like it. The lyrics are relatively hard to make out, particularly given my only kinda fuzzy memory of the slow, hypnotic beat. Only things I really remember are "But you're so far away from me girl/now" and "I've got a feeling/fever."

Anybody know what the fuck this is?
    It might be "Crazy Tuesday" by thenewno2. There's part of that song that has that exact line in it.

"I Ran (So Far Away)" by Flock of Seagulls (or a cover of it)
    "Nothing's Forever" by Entwine (truly horrid and hardly 'indie', but the lyrics kinda fit)

I can't believe I'm actually making an effort to assist you with this, but how about Dire Straits, "So Far Away?"

Psst...You can also go to HotLyrics.net which has partial lyrics search and links to other lyric sites.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Not really stuck in my head but it's been bothering me for years. Muse - Starlight sounds just like some old song (80's I'm sure) but i cannot remember what it is.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

some dj was spinning a dnb remix of what i think is a hip hop song at the do lab... something like "My 34's" over and over again..but it was fucking sick.

warning: i contacted all the djs that played on the day i heard it and still havent received an ID
    Last edited by Aurgasm; 07-05-2009 at 10:10 AM.
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Not really stuck in my head but it's been bothering me for years. Muse - Starlight sounds just like some old song (80's I'm sure) but i cannot remember what it is.
    The piano part?

It's vaguely similar to Dont Stop Believing (Journey), but I dont think that is what you had in mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    It might be "Crazy Tuesday" by thenewno2. There's part of that song that has that exact line in it.
    FUCKING WINNAR. Thank you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    The piano part?

It's vaguely similar to Dont Stop Believing (Journey), but I dont think that is what you had in mind.
    Nope, I know that song.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

there is this hi-energy/freestyle song that i will never know the song title or artist to. It came out like back in 92-93.
    Years gone to Coachella

2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

The following members on this board can Suck a Dick

Blackswan

Passive Theory

Quote Originally Posted by Stainofmind View Post
    there is this hi-energy/freestyle song that i will never know the song title or artist to. It came out like back in 92-93.
    Well, you'll never know with THAT attitude.

Any clues besides a broad time period?

please help

i've been looking for this one song from the early 90s.. there were 2 balding weightlifters.. I think they were Danish or some other Nordic country.. they wore tight shorts & kept repeating "I'm too saucy for this shirt.. and too saucy for this disco dancing" stuff like that. I think they are Randy's roommates now, so this thread couldn't have come at a perfect time.. please ID the song for me

xoxoxo
    .....::::bug
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Well, you'll never know with THAT attitude.

Any clues besides a broad time period?
    seriously. i freaking love freestyle. any other clues?

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    please help

i've been looking for this one song from the early 90s.. there were 2 balding weightlifters.. I think they were Danish or some other Nordic country.. they wore tight shorts & kept repeating "I'm too saucy for this shirt.. and too saucy for this disco dancing" stuff like that.
    That's "I Spin On The Platform" by The Saucy Swedes.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    That's "I Spin On The Platform" by The Saucy Swedes.

FUCKING WINNAR. Thank you so much.
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Yes! The piano part sounds like "Be Near Me" by ABC.

Quote Originally Posted by fiyahhh! View Post
    Yes! The piano part sounds like "Be Near Me" by ABC.
    Thank you.

I should also note that it's a male singer. The one lyric I'm absolutely sure of is the "But you're so far away," occasionally followed by "from me."
    Its The Killers.

anyone knows whats a (seemingly) 80s song that goes dara... "mad. about. you" - in the chorus?
    it has kind of a robert palmer vibe but it was so good
    i cant remember anything else
    and it could be lot about you im not sure
    as predicted by nostradamus

Quote Originally Posted by matsuolost View Post
    anyone knows whats a (seemingly) 80s song that goes dara... "mad. about. you" - in the chorus?
    it has kind of a robert palmer vibe but it was so good
    i cant remember anything else
    and it could be lot about you im not sure
    Mad About You by Belinda Carlisle?

On a more realistic front, Hooverphonic and Sting both have songs called Mad About You
    Last edited by captncrzy; 07-07-2009 at 07:38 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

nope
    it had more of a new wave vibe

if i sing it and put up a video im sure someone will recognize the melody
    as predicted by nostradamus

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

I say you do that.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    On a more realistic front, Hooverphonic and Sting both have songs called Mad About You
    As does Slaughter.

(hangs down head, ashamed)

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Wow there are a shit ton of songs that contain the words "Mad About You", but I couldn't find one with a "new wave vibe" unless you count the Descendents. (And they only said it once.)

BTW, did you know that Japanese-Neo-Soul is a genre? I didn't.