Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your First Memory Of This Board?

Default Re: What Is Your First Memory Of This Board?

.................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Oh man, I'm so glad I wasn't on the board right before Radiohead 04 if there were cancel rumors (Thom was sick n all). I would've freaked. I bailed when people made fun of my first thread,
    And why did you come back??
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

I dont understand why I am in your signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    I remember getting lots of PMs from people asking me to ban PotVsKtl
    Did you also get alot of the same PM's in regards to banning me?

Oh, wait...you've got me on ignore, don't you?
    ??? Yep, pretty certain she does...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Valarie I love your last signature on the old board

caco0283 (7:03:23 PM): cos i dont want to blow this thing off for something dumb
    Gabeatwork55 (7:03:41 PM): even though she is?
    caco0283 (7:03:56 PM): ...
    Gabeatwork55 (7:04:36 PM): I mean, isn't she?
    Last edited by caco0283; 07-07-2009 at 12:22 PM.
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    I dont understand why I am in your signature.
    I should of said Dustin...I guess the name Brandon was on my mind.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

As it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

My First memory was the day of the rage announcement and I came to check out what the deal was with this fest. My most distinct memories are the powder heroin thread, gay orgy thread, Dylanja and Sushov fighting, and Red Hot Chili Peppers versus a bag of Doritos. I lurked pretty much daily until the fest and then came back in November to try find details about the 2008 lineup.

My first posting memory is when I was listening to Star 98.7 at work and started the thread that they were about to announce the lineup. Then that bitch Yvonne read a fake poster as the real lineup that included Bowie, and chaos ensued.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

You cocky little bastard...how do you know it was you?? I could know a different Brandon that would be on my mind right now in way that wouldn't be homo

Ronnie getting cockblocked.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by caco0283 View Post
    And why did you come back??
    To be fair, I only came here the first couple years for info. I was seasonal until 06.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

*based upon tedious fact checking.

haha I remember when I first used that and noticed the code was :ronnie......ah man good times

Being laughed at

!!!
    World Famous Schoolio Power Rankings
    Week 8 Edition

1. London Wankers (tessalasset) This team refused to succumb to the Spoiler de la Caco, putting away the New Ronnies with its 3rd consecutive 100+ point game. With that said, the competition has never been fiercer for the top perch, and this week, the Wankers host the game of the year. Holt, Berrian, and Colston all have a bye week at the same inopportune time, so Alexs roster coordination will have to be at its most brilliant when they take on
    Last Weeks Rank: 1
    2. Slam. Duh duh duh. (hawking vs reeve) I still have not figured out this teams name. But on the flip side, no one else seems to be able to figure out this teams weakness (if such a thing exists). Its a damn shame this had to be Bulgers off-week, but Leftwich @ HOU should make up most (if not all) of the production B Dawg is losing. Keep an eye on the kicking games for these two teams, as Josh Brown could potentially be the difference-maker for Slam.
    Last Weeks Rank: 3
    3. Dublin Car Bombers (schoolofruckus) Well, no sooner does the last year card get pulled than this teams supposed stars get their collective asses in gear, as T.O. and Ronnie Brown guide the Good Ship Schoolio to its first win streak of the season. Phillip Rivers also shined, and he should get more looks later in the year if Tom Brady continues to struggle. Next order of business try to kick the Lamas while theyre down and go into the Week 9 showdown against Bug with a three game win streak.
    Last Weeks Rank: 6
    4. Bug (bug on your lip) The passing games struggles continued this week due to byes and injuries, resulting in a second straight loss. Dont expect that trend to continue for much longer, and for Bugs sake, it better not Steven Jackson and Frank Gore are both on bye this week. Not only that, but out of the next six games, 5 of them come against the other teams in the top 6.
    Last Weeks Rank: 2
    5. Barbaros Death Mask (dorkfish) Speaking of schedule brutality Brads Vi-stallions just had to endure back to back games against Slam and the Wankers. Theyre building back to their early-season form (averaging 96 points in those two games), and they get some much deserved respite against the no-longer-winless, but still far-from-scary Cobra Kai.
    Last Weeks Rank: 5
    6. Dynamite Goes Boom (chrislasf) Last nights finale to the Dynamites match-up against Monday Mornings was as rollercoaster as it gets. One minute, the Bears were giving up 23 points and, in turn, giving this game to the Lamas; moments later, the Bears are returning 2 fumbles and a punt return for touchdowns. Game, set, match: Dynamite. Now they get a chance to make a loud, booming (wah wah waaaah) statement this week when they travel to Bug City.
    Last Weeks Rank: 8
    7. Monday Mornings (thefunkylama) Unfortunately, someone had to come out on the short end of that frenetic Bears/Cardinals stick, and it ended up being the Very Late Sunday Nights. Like the Death Mask, theyre starting to regain some of the swagger they opened the season with; unlike the Death Mask, they get an increasingly-dangerous opponent this week in the Dublin Detonators.
    Last Weeks Rank: 4
    8. Your Mom (Jenniehoo) Unless things get truly crazy, I would say the top 7 teams should all pretty much stay in that stratosphereand then theres the #8 spot, which nobody seems to want. I cant, in good conscious, give credit to Tessalex (fake version) when theyve lost 3 in a row and continue to flounder on offense. So Im bumping Your Mom into the Top 8. They forced Bug to play at their tempo, and grinded out a tough victory against one of the powerhouses. Not only that, but with a duck coming up this week (French version: Leon), theyve got a prime chance to even out that record.
    Last Weeks Rank: 11
    9. Vermicious Kanids (york707) The shorthanded line-up last week caused more than a few frowns, but the truth is, not even the benched Kanids put up enough points to make a difference. The only guaranteed doughnut this week is at the K position, and theyre lining up against a team thats in that same boat. This game could come down to the performance of the defenses, and with the Kanids taking the Jaguars to Houston, that could be the x-factor in what is clearly a must-win game.
    Last Weeks Rank: 10
    10. Tessalex (mountmccabe) Tension is mounting in John country these days as they became the first team to lose to the Cobra Kai, with some fans going so far as to burn jerseys of Edgerrin James in the parking lot. The constant name changes are merely a byproduct of the lack of identity this team is facing at this point. However, theres only one medicine that can cure this ill, and thats a showdown against a team that is struggling just as mightily as they are.
    Last Weeks Rank: 7
    11. Los Professionals (caco0283) I could have ranked Leon as high as #8; theyve shown a capability of playing better than they have been recently, and theyve also got possibly the easiest remaining schedule of all the bubble teams. However, they have two players who are active for this weeks game on a bye week, and theres no guarantee they will be subbed out for players that actually have games. And that puts them dangerously close to that dreaded 5th loss.
    Last Weeks Rank: 9
    12. Mile-Hi Cobra Kai (mmmmdoughnuts) Congratulations to the Kai on a much-deserved first victory. And if they want to save the season, getting a team with zero viable options at QB this week is the time to do it. Now use head for something other than target.
    Last Weeks Rank: 12

You old board people are so damn cute with your little jokes and pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Being laughed at
    That will also be your last memory.

Arguing with Randy over whether some guy who was going to a job interview should wear a suit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Arguing with Randy over whether some guy who was going to a job interview should wear a suit or not.
    Haha, I remember that.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Oh PastorRichards: "Yeah, the new My Bloody Valentine album will actually be the soundtrack for Duke Nukem Forever, but will unfortunately be overshadowed by the other major album releases that week, like Guns N Roses and Portishead. "
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

Quote Originally Posted by HowToDisappear View Post

the tessa/potvsktl e-marriage/e-divorce

I think Tessa was the first person to post a picture of herself, and if I remember she'd MS Painted a pirate hat/flag/hook or something on it 'cause it was talk like a pirate day? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    i COMPLETELY forgot about tessavsktl. that is awesome.

i made this before i knew what talk like a pirate day was. i just liked to pirate-ify everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSwan View Post
    That will also be your last memory.
    boo hoo hoo

I remember incessant talk about Boards of Canada to the point that I actually went out and bought Music Has the Right to Children to find out what they were talking about.

Then when the board got avatars I remember getting The Cat and the Cobra because someone what had similar taste as me had that album as his avatar.
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    I remember incessant talk about Boards of Canada to the point that I actually went out and bought Music Has the Right to Children to find out what they were talking about.
    this is one of dozens of albums that I have come to like a lot and first discovered through people here.

And then on the maroon board Dani linked too I remember reading about people not meeting each other and green shoes and theme weeks and then great mixes being posted like The Wife's Role by Yabs and I was sucked in for reals.
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

theme weeks ruled. i'm sad that our old sigs/avatars don't stick around once we change to a new one. it was so great to see what we were into at the time. and also i can't believe i've had edward cullen as my avatar for almost a year now. kinda ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Erik made me buy some BoC. Still love it.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

This board has turned me on to sooo much music over the last 2 years.

Boards of Canada is definitely one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

My first memory is not specifically of this board, but rather the reason I joined this board. My friend Patrick and a small crew of 3 other guys were planning on attending this year's Coachella. We were staying in Patrick's grandparent's condo which they were kindly loaning us for the weekend. Patrick found out that the condo would no longer be available that weekend, so we decided to look for an alternate condo/house for the weekend. A lot of the listings we initially found were a bit out of our price range, so we decided to post a Wanted ad on Craig's List detailing our desires and our price range (within 20 mins of the polo grounds, room for 4, clean, air conditioning and swimming pool as a bonus.) I also included a brief description to assure them that we're not party animals. Basically something like "We're 4 well behaved, respectful young men in their early 20s. We observe noise curfews, won't have any parties and will not bring back any guests to your home."

A week goes by, no response. Then I get the following email from a Mr. TomB. (You better believe I saved this f*cker!)

Dear Andrew,
    I read with delight your Craig's List posting from this Thursday. I'm happy to report that I have a house available in your price range which I have not listed yet. It's located a 10 or 15 minute drive from the polo grounds. The house is Spanish style in architecture. It features a gourmet kitchen, 5 complete bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, game room with pool table and secluded private back yard with large swimming pool and hot tub.

[This seemed too good to be true. There had to be some sort of catch!]

This is a great place to relax with friends. I have friends visit from all over the world and whoever he is, if he summers at mi casa, he always leaves with a smile. When I'm not lounging by the pool, I'm busy working on my numerous film and book projects. I'm also a fitness expert and an award winning photographer. In fact, if you and your friends are interested in being photographed at the house, we can negotiate a lower price for the weekend.

Attached, please find a few shots of the house and the pool. If you're interested, give me a call as soon as possible as I anticipate having many offers for my place that weekend.

Be Well and Live Strong,
    TomB

The photos of the house looked stunning. But naturally the description of his professional life made me quite uneasy. Below, is the "photo of the pool" which he included. I assume this is TomB himself. I didn't bother to ask. Instead, I decided to join the official Coachella Message and responded to an ad on here. (Note, I've added the calming image of T. Yorke to protect the innocent and to ensure this is SFW. As far as I know, Mr. Yorke has never summered with TomB.)

Last edited by JewFace; 08-11-2009 at 12:38 PM. Reason: RE-POSTED THE PHOTO.