Page 4 of 132 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: HARD Haunted Mansion 2009

Default Re: HARD Haunted Mansion 2009

at Ultra? smartwater was like 4 dollars i think. They didnt have a beer selection from what I remember it was only Heineken

Quote Originally Posted by leo01g View Post
    EDC> Ultra
    Ultra has way shorter sets and the vibe just doesnt compare to EDC.

See i think Ultra>EDC, sure you don't get as long of sets but you get a better line up, older crowd, smoother entrance, i like the atmosphere better. The only thing EDC has that is better is the production, decorations and art in my opinion. I like the venue better for ultra more spread out and open like coachella.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

at Ultra? smartwater was like 4 dollars i think. They didnt have a beer selection from what I remember it was only Heineken
    perhaps i'm thinking of the "after hours" stuff, but i've always heard that drinks cost you a grip of money at ultra. but again, that might be all the after hours club stuff and not the festival itself. i tend to only hear about the after hours stuff, because generally the arizona people that go out to ultra are booked at the after hours type events and not the actual festival itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Another thing that is better, there was only miller lite and one heineken booth at EDC and the heineken booth kept running out real quick and needed to change the keg every 20 minutes.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

I think Mixhell will he at HARD Halloween from stalking Destructo's twitter

Kaaaaast

Ha Creamfields is the #1 EDM Festival on the planet. Think of Coachella but in buttfuck England and instead of Paul McCartney you have Tiesto. Its pretty much the combination of Insomniac, GoVentures and HARD's yearly lineups, over two days.... The reason Europe runs EDM is bc its local, so its cheaper, and because the artists love and are honored to be playing at the famous festivals. Trying finding a promoter to pay half of those guys to fly 10 hours to Los Angeles while still paying the a fourth tier performer like Boys Noize $30k (?)

Our best bet would be if Insomniac trashed its March event HowSweet and replaced it with another event in the Colliseum right after WMC...
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Heineken, Yager Bombs, and HGH....

Having been to the last two Ultras and EDC's I gotta say that EDC wins by a mile. Miami during March is awful, the people there are terrible and mostly Guidos, and the production severely lacks behind that of EDC. Yea, the artists are a lot better but its hard to enjoy the music when the environment around you is miserable
    Last edited by ELECtROjan; 07-07-2009 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    I never went through the "just going to party" phase of my raving because i got into the music before i ever went to a rave. I got my first drum n bass cd in 7th grade, Grooverider & MC Skibadee from back in like '99, and just started going to raves a couple years ago. My first rave ever was nocturnal 05 or 06 and i went sober the entire time riding the high of the heavy basslines being dropped in the jungle room. Insomniac does have WAY WAY WAY better production, decorations, entertainment and atmosphere but for me it's never worth the $ without a good line up with it. That's just me i know like 80% of the crowd maybe even 90% is there for the experience but i personally only go to an event if there are enough dj's or acts i want to see on the bill. I am not saying people shouldn't go to just party and not care about the music, because if no one did that raves would fizzle out and be done but i am just saying that i wish more people had a deeper respect for the music.
    word! i think the reason i even come to these boards is to hear out and speak with people who have a profound understanding/appreciation for music and all the fantastic things it does in our lives. i think the summed wealth of knowledge that you guys bring in to our lil internet roundtable is pretty impressive.

THAT being said, i don't think any of us would be here discussing this stuff if we didn't realize how awesome our 'experiences' at music festivals are. and let's be honest, a grip of us love to enhance the awesomeness of our experience with all sorts of crazy drugs (you only live once right?). but this clearly isn't the Coachella Valley Drugs & Drugs Festival Message Board... the MUSIC and the ART come first! i mean to each his own, but i think the 'activity' should always come before the 'activity-enhancing substance'.. and once you can get that principle down.. rave on!

i don't know.. just my 2 cents.. what i do know is that i would rather dance my pants off and watch a dj do magic with his all his equipment than be on the floor like these strapping young gentlemen

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misterpickles View Post
    word! i think the reason i even come to these boards is to hear out and speak with people who have a profound understanding/appreciation for music and all the fantastic things it does in our lives. i think the summed wealth of knowledge that you guys bring in to our lil internet roundtable is pretty impressive.

THAT being said, i don't think any of us would be here discussing this stuff if we didn't realize how awesome our 'experiences' at music festivals are. and let's be honest, a grip of us love to enhance the awesomeness of our experience with all sorts of crazy drugs (you only live once right?). but this clearly isn't the Coachella Valley Drugs & Drugs Festival Message Board... the MUSIC and the ART come first! i mean to each his own, but i think the 'activity' should always come before the 'activity-enhancing substance'.. and once you can get that principle down.. rave on!

i don't know.. just my 2 cents.. what i do know is that i would rather dance my pants off and watch a dj do magic with his all his equipment than be on the floor like these strapping young gentlemen

QFT
    QFE
    &
    QFDAMNFUCKINRIGHT
    Kaaaaast

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan E View Post

Having been to the last two Ultras and EDC's I gotta say that EDC wins by a mile. Miami during March is awful, the people there are terrible and mostly Guidos, and the production severely lacks behind that of EDC. Yea, the artists are a lot better but its hard to enjoy the music when the environment around you is miserable
    Great video, but unfortunately way off. I found a lot of "cool" people when I was at UMF. Miami was amazing when I went this past year. The only time the weather started getting bad was when we left miami. I didn't go to edc this year. But from what I remember last year, I waited 3hrs to get in, then went on to find out that Boys Noize had cancelled on me last minute. I was completely devastated. Since Boys Noize was the MAIN reason I went last year. The environment around me at UMF was awesome, but you are some what right about the "guidos". I think every festival has it's pros/cons and trade off's. It's either guidos or kids sitting down in huge circles 20 feet from the dj's, pick your poison. Cause I didn't see ANY of such groups when I was at UMF. The only people remotely close to the "EDC kids" were the ones resting their legs from dancing, sitting down on the grass. The whole guido thing has a lot to do with almost everyone with money flocking down to Miami from the north east side. I thought the environment at Miami was amazing, you're right by the ocean with 70,000+ people cheering on the likes of David Guetta. As for the "atmosphere", I could gauge that well, considering I was at one stage on saturday when I was at UMF. There are a lot less people at UMF than at EDC, or maybe it just seemed that way, since UMF had their shit together. How was the wait to get into EDC this year? I think if I were to ever go back to EDC, I would have to get VIP so I wouldn't have to wait 3-4hrs to get into the venue.
    Last edited by trancehiphop; 07-07-2009 at 01:56 PM.
    it's better to live as if there are no "do-overs," so that you won't need one. I thought I'd share this with you, to work in the bits about fear, mistakes, and how precious today's opportunities are.

Yeah i enhance my experience a lot of the time now, still do a sober party mixed in every couple events, but i still do enhance the experience on plenty occasions. I am on here a lot since i found it for the same reasons as well, everyone on here seems to have a decent amount of knowledge about what they are talking about and are able to have solid debates and conversations about quality music which you don't find too often. All said and done you will always have to deal with some guys head to toe in beads and stupid glasses laying on the dancefloor with micky mouse gloves on and lights, but hey without them there would be no EDC.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    I think Mixhell will he at HARD Halloween from stalking Destructo's twitter

Excellent. I've been waiting ages for Mixhell to come back to LA.
    Upcoming shows:

Quote Originally Posted by trancehiphop View Post
    How was the wait to get into EDC this year? I think if I were to ever go back to EDC, I would have to get VIP so I wouldn't have to wait 3-4hrs to get into the venue.
    ouch! my friends went last year and experienced similar misfortunes.. hah i heard there was actually a good amount of lightshows going around in the line to get in. i think insomniac pulled it together in terms of the line this year, myself getting there kinda late (around 7) and only waiting about 10 minutes.. i think i read somewhere that they increased the amount of entrances or security checks or something of the sort

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i just think it's hysterical that people give light shows in the stands at EDC. in 2007 i couldn't stop laughing at a guy who asked if i wanted a light show. i laughed out "dude, the light show is down there" & pointed at the stage, but he didn't get me.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

ouch! my friends went last year and experienced similar misfortunes.. hah i heard there was actually a good amount of lightshows going around in the line to get in. i think insomniac pulled it together in terms of the line this year, myself getting there kinda late (around 7) and only waiting about 10 minutes.. i think i read somewhere that they increased the amount of entrances or security checks or something of the sort

Yeah, tell me about it... Especially when I was in charge or organizing the group of people together for their first rave... It's safe to say that none of them want to go anywhere NEAR a rave anytime in the near future. It sucks, because I know that these festival things can be amazing, it just sucked that they had to be a part of that one. And sadly, most people aren't willing to give "things like this" a second chance. And, to be honest, I don't really blame them. If I was giving something a chance, and was just shot in the foot with the whole experience, I doubt I would give it another try. I honestly think, that the producers of EDC truely had to go above and beyond this time around. Since last years event left such a terrible taste in many peoples mouths. I think that is one of the main factors why they made this years lineup great, let alone, a 2 day event. I honestly can't see myself going to another EDC. Whereas HHM or any Hard event for that matter has always been great. Sure, their first event back when they had justice in downtown with peaches wasn't the most organized, but at least people weren't waiting outside for 4hrs to get in. That in itself is just fucking pathetic. There's no way someone could possibly defend what went down at EDC last year. The thought of it alone, infuriates me. I must talk about something else, how about them dodgers! lol
    it's better to live as if there are no "do-overs," so that you won't need one. I thought I'd share this with you, to work in the bits about fear, mistakes, and how precious today's opportunities are.

i love how the EDC thread is all about HARD summer and the HARD mansion thread is all about EDC... haha

This year Insomniac opened up another entrance so we actually walked in without waiting both nights around 6pm. I know some people had to wait on Saturday cuz our friends went to willcall, got their tickets, saw the line and walked all the way back to the North entrance to came in with us. I also had some friends that went VIP this year and although they said it was fun, it wasn't worth the price of $200.

I agree that Miami is an amazing city, I just prefer to go to an event from in LA from 2pm - 4am in June than in Miami from 12pm - 12am in March. I think one of the best things about EDC is the fact that its the perfect temperature to cool down while walking between stages or just sitting in the stands, whereas at UMF its always hot until the last two hours. Anyway, i guess we can respectively agree to dissagree..

I prefer girls in furry boots > hair gel and gold necklaces
    Last edited by ELECtROjan; 07-07-2009 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvwes View Post
    i love how the EDC thread is all about HARD summer and the HARD mansion thread is all about EDC... haha
    thats cuz there is nothing to talk about HARD yet...

ROFLMAO! I noticed this once I clicked on the post button. I was like, WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING?!?!?!, lol!

I agree that Miami is an amazing city, I just prefer to go to an event from in LA from 2pm - 4am in June than in Miami from 12pm - 12am in March. I think one of the best things about EDC is the fact that its the perfect temperature to cool down while walking between stages or just sitting in the stands, whereas at UMF its always hot until the last two hours. Anyway, i guess we can respectively agree to dissagree..

I totally agree man. This is one of the main reasons why I live in SOCAL. If anything bothered me about UMF, it was what you just mentioned. I didn't like the whole, ending at midnight deal. I am more of a night owl. The thing is, that I tend not to pace myself when at events like this. So more often than not, festivals ending at midnight turn out to work best for me. If I do push it past my limits, like I did at bonnaroo, I tend to get sick when I get back from my trip. Which always sucks cause then you end up using sick time after your vacation time. NOT COOL. You're right about the whole sitting in the stands deal. I thought that was one of the coolest things that set the massives in socal apart from the rest, especially the PERFECT weather that EDC always finds itself in.

i'll be the one in the Michael Jackson halloween costume!
    You and everyone else who isn't already dressing up as a robot from Daft Punk.

ALSO

This:
    bitch, bitch, bitch...

by everywhere, do you mean 3 shows in the U.S. this year? and Coachella is the only one so far?

for the record, i'd take Destructo over 80% of any Insomniac lineup...
    Go HARD!
    Is not true, they played more then 3 U.S. shows this year already.
    Last edited by Egull; 07-07-2009 at 05:51 PM.

ROFLMAO! I noticed this once I clicked on the post button. I was like, WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING?!?!?!, lol!

I totally agree man. This is one of the main reasons why I live in SOCAL. If anything bothered me about UMF, it was what you just mentioned. I didn't like the whole, ending at midnight deal. I am more of a night owl. The thing is, that I tend not to pace myself when at events like this. So more often than not, festivals ending at midnight turn out to work best for me. If I do push it past my limits, like I did at bonnaroo, I tend to get sick when I get back from my trip. Which always sucks cause then you end up using sick time after your vacation time. NOT COOL. You're right about the whole sitting in the stands deal. I thought that was one of the coolest things that set the massives in socal apart from the rest, especially the PERFECT weather that EDC always finds itself in.

see i can dig what you guys are saying, UMF ending at 12:00 does suck major balls, but you especially being a night owl should know that in miami that weekend shit doesnt really ever end. You can go out till 10:00 AM and go back to Ultra 2 hours later and just party all weekend. I know that's not what i do because i enjoy some sleep but i know it can be done, atleast one night of the 2 you can find a SICK after party to go to and see some even more amazing Djs that for some reason didn't make the ultra line up. Either way i love both places each for their very own reason, i do think LA takes it on vibe, weather and atmosphere but UMF takes it out on line up but i have a feeling EDC will just get better and better every year and soon be equally as good of a line up.

Edit: and i know they are all guedos and stuff in miami but in all honesty i feel they have a deeper respect for the music, or at least house music maybe not jungle and trance but the entire city of Miami loves house music with a passion.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 07-07-2009 at 05:51 PM.

I really thought that Aoki put on a better show than Busy P. His set was probably the worst set my poor ears have ever been a part of.

I really thought that Aoki put on a better show than Busy P. His set was probably the worst set my poor ears have ever been a part of.
    if you're talking about their sets at coachella i must respectfully disagree.. i'm still recovering from stevie's little rendition of 'killing in the name of'

going back to the topic

If Aoki makes an appearance and screams during the Bloody Beetroots at HARD Summer, I will fucking kill him with the same knife i use to pop his boat.... Opening a spot for someone else at HHM

Triple.Word.Score
    Last edited by ELECtROjan; 07-07-2009 at 07:06 PM.

thats cuz there is nothing to talk about HARD yet...
    you must not have seen the lineup...

do u have a confirmed list that can go beyond Crookers, Deadmau5, and Destructo? As far as im concerned if they've been to HARD events before, they dont really count

unless its Soulwax...cause they were fucking epic
    Last edited by ELECtROjan; 07-07-2009 at 08:23 PM.

Did you ever go in the tents? I remember coming out of Swedish House Mafias set completely covered in sweat. Those tents were brutal but geez they had the best djs in them

if you're talking about their sets at coachella i must respectfully disagree.. i'm still recovering from stevie's little rendition of 'killing in the name of'
    Oh you are spot on, but nothing was more annoying to me than busy p just pressing play and walking away during his set...I would laugh forever if Lil Jon came back this time and did a duet with Steve Aoki. I think that would be every hipsters wet dream come true.

do u have a confirmed list that can go beyond Crookers, Deadmau5, and Destructo? As far as im concerned if they've been to HARD events before, they dont really count

unless its Soulwax...cause they were fucking epic
    pretty much, we need some proxy, mr.oizo, data, feadz, FUCK, just as long as it's someone new PLEASE!

I'm frankly getting tired of the same old crookers, deadmau5, dj a-trak, crystal castles at EVERY CONCERT. It would be cool if the bloody beetroots would come through L.A. one more time. Since I have missed the majority of their shows here and will more than likely miss their summer Hard show.

Oh you are spot on, but nothing was more annoying to me than busy p just pressing play and walking away during his set...
    yeah i feel ya on that one.. those darn lazy frenchies

BRING EM OUT HARD!!!! thanks for introducing this to me RagePatton