Thread: Which is better? Salton Sea or Joshua Tree

Default Which is better? Salton Sea or Joshua Tree

Me and some friends already purchased camping for Salton Sea but one of them just visited Joshua tree and says she wants to camp there, doesnt really matter to me but im just curious what is a better campsite... the pics of salton on google look fun but i heard it smells like shit.........
    thanks for your time

Default Re: Which is better? Salton Sea or Joshua Tree

Oh, definitely Joshua Tree. Salton Sea is really gross.

do a lot of people camp there? i hope its not just our group and noone else, its nice to meet new people and stuff and me and my gf are staying back friday and saturday during the concerts so the more people the better in the camping area

Joshua Tree is nicer - but farther & colder at night. Salton Sea can be smelly.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

i dont mind a little fish smell if ya know what i mean... nevermind i just read your name hahaha just messin. yea im not much of a fan for the cold although i do live at the most NW city in Wisconsin so i guess i can handle it but i want the warm vacation. do you know if a lot of people camp at J tree?
    thanks bud

http://www.thedesertsun.com/apps/pbc...54/-1/NEWS0101
    ^dude check out this article^
    i used to camp out at at the salton sea at the north shore state park in the 90's with a few friends and it was cool but it has gotten worse and worse and i have not been back since like 94... salton sea will definately be warmer, closer, and full of coachella people... Joshua tree will be a big commute each day each way after LONG days out there it will add up... there will prolly be a lot of coachella people up there too tho... either way it will be an adventure to remember
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Both are long commutes and the salton sea can smell very bad at times. Joshua Tree I think is too far away. as I mentioned to some one else might as well stay in Los Angeles. Try lake Cahuilla its not too far and its nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Yager91 View Post
    Both are long commutes and the salton sea can smell very bad at times. Joshua Tree I think is too far away. as I mentioned to some one else might as well stay in Los Angeles. Try lake Cahuilla its not too far and its nice.
    its about 50 miles from joshua tree to coahcella, so its not too bad if your ok with a commute. Plus, if you've never been to a desert area, such as the coachella valley, or the joshua tree national park, i strongly suggest you go see it..... ive beeen going to joshua tree since i was a zypote and its my favorite place to camp, hands down. it is absolutely otherworldly, especially if you camp at the right campsite. there are alot of them and a couple suck, but my favorite are: indian cove, jumbo rocks and black rock......have fun...
    the lurker shows his member to the kids at the old school.

Quote Originally Posted by blakely View Post
    its about 50 miles from joshua tree to coahcella, so its not too bad if your ok with a commute. Plus, if you've never been to a desert area, such as the coachella valley, or the joshua tree national park, i strongly suggest you go see it..... ive beeen going to joshua tree since i was a zypote and its my favorite place to camp, hands down. it is absolutely otherworldly, especially if you camp at the right campsite. there are alot of them and a couple suck, but my favorite are: indian cove, jumbo rocks and black rock......have fun...
    joshua tree IS nice...but favorite, hands down?? i love it too, dont get me wrong. Yosemite, though - hands down. it's a matter of opinion, of course. i have a vacation house at the Salton Sea (okay, my dad does). it's not as bad as people make it. the erieness about it give it charm. it does sometimes stink...but you get used to it. i'd say stay at Salton Sea 'cause it's closer.
    "A man of genius is privileged only as far as he is genius. His dullness is as insupportable as any other dullness." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

yeah, i've never been to Yosemite.... its blaspheme, i know, but i plan on heading up there to hike as soon as i can..... plus, i just prefer the desert to the mountains, although its a veeery close call. in socal though, id probably say the best place in the mountains is Dark Canyon in Idyllwild....

fuckin yosemite is awsome!! i miss home)=...

where is home?

my old home would be oakhurst... below yosemite

Lurker

Thumbs up Re: Which is better? Salton Sea or Joshua Tree

you guys should check out sam's spa. i was gonna stay at salton sea or joshua tree... but salton sea is a little remote and joshua tree looks like its in the mountains. sam's spa has natural hot spas, bathrooms, showers, hook ups, and many other ameneties. for 3 nights and 4 people it only cost me $114. way cheaper than coachella campgrounds for 4 people!

http://samsfamilyspa.com/

take a look at it! imma stay there! i'll smoke you out too.... no worries! lol