Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Nocturnal Festival 2009

Default Re: Nocturnal Festival 2009

I'm off to find. Thanks, electrojan.
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

i got it for download on my blog....

HERE
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Fake Blood split the 2hr set into two different mixes. La La Land is the intro into the second half around 60min
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

"It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    oh and did anyone catch the reggae/dubreggae stage (really an ice cream truck with speakers) next to the cubitron?
    me and my friends sat down in that area for a while after we peaked. Does anyone know the name of the Cure - Love Song (remix) they played there?

Quote Originally Posted by misterpickles View Post
    (and in between these sets my friends and i witnessed a marriage proposal, in which we along with a bunch of random people circled the couple and cheered haha so epic)
    NO WAY!!!!! That is amazing I hope someone proposes to me in the Sahara...

p.s. your little bro is adorable and we instantly connected as a compatible rave team. I'm sure my smacking his ass helped to ease the meeting as well.

Green Velvet was dropping it funky and delicious (as Chrissy would say) and all of his Daffy Duck voice overs and beats were making me sweat! THAT TENT WAS REALLY HOT.

Sorry the meet-up didn't work as planned but by the time I got in line and through the gate, several ravers rushed the security and they closed the door on Whip and my other friend for about 10 minutes. Glad I got to see you all some way or another though
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

oh yeah we also went back to that area towards the end of the night and it looked like these 2 fat puerto rican people were boning in front of everyone!

green velvet was funky as hell and laidback luke was dropping it really hard (and in between these sets my friends and i witnessed a marriage proposal, in which we along with a bunch of random people circled the couple and cheered haha so epic)

but all i can really say is: lsd + rabbit in the moon = holy fucking wow!!! i remember thinking about how they put so much effort into making the show trippy as possible (ex. the eyeball scepter!) and thus i was quite grateful =]

and of course it was lovely seeing so many of you again and then meeting a bunch for the first time.. i must say you guys have a knack for creating good vibes.. anyway ive had only a couple hours of sleep and i think i shall spend the rest of the night playing monopoly but i'm sure the reminiscences will be flowing through this thread for a while.. until then!
    Man, i don't know how you wear that suit, it's awesome and don't stop, but i just don't think i could wear that all night haha. Good meeting you man, after meeting as many people as i have at the last couple partys i have been to i know this year the party in the Sahara is going to be pretty insane, and i can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Cydewonder View Post
    oh yeah we also went back to that area towards the end of the night and it looked like these 2 fat puerto rican people were boning in front of everyone!
    I witnessed bigger asian people fuckin on the floor at the back of the Queens Grounds when i was looking for someone haha.

Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    I think Green Velvet's set reminded me why I am a raver. I love those moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    after meeting as many people as i have at the last couple partys i have been to i know this year the party in the Sahara is going to be pretty insane, and i can't wait.
    Honestly, the rave team only grows larger and more ridiculous with each party! We have SIX more months to accumulate the most RAVEtastic and awesome dance team for the Sahara. My mind works everyday on it, and I promise we will own a good size radius of that tent.

Quote Originally Posted by feather View Post
    Honestly, the rave team only grows larger and more ridiculous with each party! We have SIX more months to accumulate the most RAVEtastic and awesome dance team for the Sahara. My mind works everyday on it, and I promise we will own a good size radius of that tent.
    Raver Fishing had to be one of the greatest things i have ever seen, i had read about it in the ********* thread but seeing it in person is priceless.

Honestly, the rave team only grows larger and more ridiculous with each party! We have SIX more months to accumulate the most RAVEtastic and awesome dance team for the Sahara. My mind works everyday on it, and I promise we will own a good size radius of that tent.[/QUOTE]

Great seeing you and thanks again for the bracelet! I hope you didn't mind me "kidnapping" your friend. haha

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Cydewonder View Post
    yeah, two people were fucking right next to me during Pendulum haha, but they weren't fat puerto ricans, asians, or kiddies in their underwear.. when they finished they got a cheering ovation from those standing nearby haha
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

I didn't witness people fucking but I did see a very naked man running through the citrus building during POTD.

The Sahara is going to be ridiculous next Coachella. Feather's fishing pole worked great at catching ravers. Wish I hadn't lost you guys during Green Velvet but there was so much going on all around the orange show. I'm sure we will party again soon.
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.

Apparently i did alot of head rocking on saturday because my neck is killing me.

RITM = wowowow

Green Velvet = had no idea their live sets were that much fun!

Treasure Fingers, Dirty South & Satoshi Tomiie, were fantastic as well~

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Raver Fishing had to be one of the greatest things i have ever seen, i had read about it in the ********* thread but seeing it in person is priceless.
    It definitely was official at Nocturnal. I had a legitimate metal fishing pole that I snuck past security and reeled ravers in all night. Whoever I caught I would pull them over and give them a dance. Everyone was laughing and loving it. Such a success I can't wait to bring it to Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by Botrocker View Post
    Great seeing you and thanks again for the bracelet! I hope you didn't mind me "kidnapping" your friend. haha
    Greatest rave irony of the night! Who would have thought one of the first ravers I ever met two years ago, ends up being a board member whom I thought I had never met. It's okay that you kidnapped her as long as you guys had fun

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    The Sahara is going to be ridiculous next Coachella. Feather's fishing pole worked great at catching ravers. Wish I hadn't lost you guys during Green Velvet but there was so much going on all around the orange show. I'm sure we will party again soon.
    I know I wish we could have danced longer! Rave commitments are hard to keep with all of the craziness going on. Can't wait to hang out more at whichever wild event comes next. You are a very beautiful raver

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldragon03 View Post
    Apparently i did alot of head rocking on saturday because my neck is killing me.
    Or it could have been our embrace while biting the glowstick.

for those who stayed till the end, were there any promoters handing out together as one information?

I know I wish we could have danced longer! Rave commitments are hard to keep with all of the craziness going on. Can't wait to hang out more at whichever wild event comes next. You are a very beautiful raver
    awww, Feather - you're so pretty! and thank you for the PLURtiest bracelet anyone has ever made me It sure beats the candee I was making and rockin in my raver days a decade ago.

fuuuuuck I feel old.

We'll definitely meet up at Fever Ray

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    for those who stayed till the end, were there any promoters handing out together as one information?
    That will probably be handed out outside Haunted Mansion & Monster Massive, the line up for nocturnal didn't come out until like august.

We'll definitely meet up at Fever Ray
    YES! I cannot wait for that show! Did you get floor seats or balcony?

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    i don't understand how anyone can't know this song, but here it is..

TC - Where's My Money

Buraka som Sistema threw this down at coach, and Caspa played it at Symbi.. (& it's also on 187 Soundsystem's dub mix)
    Oh yeah I've heard this song. I didn't know it was TC though. I love this place.

While Caspa's remix is pretty dope...

the original

Is fuckin tight. DNB like whoa!

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

Caspa's remix is way better. TC, Clipz, Distorted Minds and all those guys who produce clown-step are fucking terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

green velvet was funky as hell and laidback luke was dropping it really hard (and in between these sets my friends and i witnessed a marriage proposal, in which we along with a bunch of random people circled the couple and cheered haha so epic)

but all i can really say is: lsd + rabbit in the moon = holy fucking wow!!! i remember thinking about how they put so much effort into making the show trippy as possible (ex. the eyeball scepter!) and thus i was quite grateful =]

and of course it was lovely seeing so many of you again and then meeting a bunch for the first time.. i must say you guys have a knack for creating good vibes.. anyway ive had only a couple hours of sleep and i think i shall spend the rest of the night playing monopoly but i'm sure the reminiscences will be flowing through this thread for a while.. until then!
    I walked by you leaving the Upside Down Room and you were walking in and I instantly thought of you but I ended up not saying anything because I thought "Well what if it isn't him? Then I will look like a fool. 'Hey are you Mr. Pickles?"

Quote Originally Posted by Donaldj View Post
    Caspa's remix is way better. TC, Clipz and all those guys who produce clown-step are fucking terrible.
    Amen, brother.

Quite a fun time when TC dropped it. Mmmmm I love jungle sounds playing loud. I thought the dnb room was better in the other warehouse though, the one that wasn't in use by the dome. The lower ceiling just made the environment more.... Grimey.... But damn Roni Size dropped all kinds of old school shit. I did not expect to hear tracks like The Messiah getting thrown in the mix.

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    Quite a fun time when TC dropped it. Mmmmm I love jungle sounds playing loud. I thought the dnb room was better in the other warehouse though, the one that wasn't in use by the dome. The lower ceiling just made the environment more.... Grimey.... But damn Roni Size dropped all kinds of old school shit. I did not expect to hear tracks like The Messiah getting thrown in the mix.
    Konflict's Messiah?

I never made it into the D&B room once this year at Nocturnal. They didn't have enough variety in the DJs they booked. It was all pretty much Jump Up DJs except for Roni Size. Last year I spent five hours in there but Breakage, Alix Perez and Calibre and Noisia brought a lot of variety into the mix.

I did want to see Evol Intent but we didn't get there in time for their set.
    Last edited by Donaldj; 09-28-2009 at 04:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

Or it could have been our embrace while biting the glowstick.
    I didnt realize how hard it would be to dance while holding your head steady to not lose the glowstick.