Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LA Weekly Detour Festival 2009

Default Re: LA Weekly Detour Festival 2009

I would love to see Beck and Blonde Redhead again. Blonde Redhead never played here this year, just NY, SF, and Norfolk, VA of all places. After I returned to the west coast, of course.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    La weekly already anounced in I their concert supplement. I
    it's going to happen. Who the line up is, is a complete mystery. They should go with non feat bandlike year one. They also compete agast eagle rock music feta wich is free.
    I think it sucks that it's always the same weekend as Eagle Rock music fest, a lot of those bands would have the same potential audience.

Banned

k so its happening this year?
    if it is
    FUCK YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!!!!11 !!1!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beavington View Post
    and you matter how?

I think 30 million people might disagree with you. Sorry to inform you that you are not that important.
    Add me to the list of music fans who would rather have Detour than a MJ what ever it was.

still no news....
    anyone heard ANYTHING?

I'm pretty sure at this point it's not happening.

I'll be amazed if it still happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

too bad, REALLY had a great time at this the last 2 years
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

I dunno, I didn't have the best time last year, I'm not exactly crying about this the way I cried over the loss of Vegoose...

But that's probably because I went alone, which was a really, really bad idea for that festival, and last year's lineup really didn't have much for me personally... not too mention it was probably the worst of the three years. Really great location though.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

In the Mean Time, have you guys seen the FYF fest in LA on sept 5th. Pretty funkin cool, and its only $20

yeah, FYF wins.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

yeah definitely going to FYF

art looks exactly like the outsidelands website
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Banned

its really upsetting me that theres still no word
    a large part of me says "this aint happenin' fool"
    =/

why hasn't la weekly said anything?? they can at least have the decency to say its cancelled

Thank you Pollstar!

Canceled!

Posted on Wednesday August 19, 2009 at 04:31 PM 2 |

Maryland’s Harborfest 2009 and Los Angeles’ Detour Festival are off the calendar this year, with the former blaming a hurricane while the latter blames … something.

National Harbor Harborfest, a yearly festival located south of Washington, D.C., was scheduled to take place Saturday. But worries about Hurricane Bill caused organizers to pull the plug on this year’s event featuring by Lifehouse, George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic and Candlebox.

According to the National Hurricane Center, Hurricane Bill, recently upped to category 4 status, is currently about 1100 miles south-southeast of Bermuda but is moving in a northwest direction toward the U.S. coastline.

The “LA Weekly Detour Music Festival,” an event that usually happens in early October, won’t rock Los Angeles this year. Saying the daylong event is going on “hiatus,” LA Weekly isn’t exactly saying why the festival won’t take place this year, but the media outlet does give music fans several reasons to choose from.

“Call it festival fatigue,” writes Randall Roberts in LA Weekly’s Off the Record news. “Blame the economy, the industry, the biz, the Powers That Be, the health care system, or the glut of afternoon-into-evening music events.”

http://pollstar.com/blogs/news/archi...19/685147.aspx

And blame the lack of good bands around to even headline that October time. And we dont need another day fest as it is right now. They will be at Coachella, lets leave it at that.

well shit on a rubber dick that's dissapointing
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

The Mars Volta: kills festivals dead.

But seriously, it sucks how all the other major cities but LA can have a major festival. Coachella is different since it's a destination festival 2.5 hours away.

Lots of good bands are touring in September and October; don't know why some of them couldn't be at this instead of doing local shows. Eff seeing YYYs at the Greek.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Stop crying...

That would require starting.

It's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It's not happening.
    WE KNOW

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    The Mars Volta: kills festivals dead.

But seriously, it sucks how all the other major cities but LA can have a major festival. Coachella is different since it's a destination festival 2.5 hours away.

Lots of good bands are touring in September and October; don't know why some of them couldn't be at this instead of doing local shows. Eff seeing YYYs at the Greek.
    Go fuck yourself dead. You cunts get every band under the sun and tons of smaller, dirt cheap festivals with amazing lineups not to mention that you are only 2.5 hours from Coachella, which is practically nothing, same with Street Scene, for whatever that's worth. No one in LA has any right to bitch about not getting enough live music.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Go fuck yourself dead. You cunts get every band under the sun and tons of smaller, dirt cheap festivals with amazing lineups not to mention that you are only 2.5 hours from Coachella, which is practically nothing, same with Street Scene, for whatever that's worth. No one in LA has any right to bitch about not getting enough live music.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

OUCH

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    And Im going to F Yeah Fest next week Patrick, now thats something I know you would drool over to go to. And I am not one to complain about getting anough live music around here. My thing is less lil festivals here so we can get solo shows. Especially the electronic stuff. Dj's dont play the clubs anymore, they play HARD and IamPLURfest instead.

It's not an issue of not enough music, but too many individual shows to catch in the fall. So sorry for speaking this utter blasphemy and please don't stab me like your psychotic homicidal impulses compel you to, but seeing YYYs and a few other bands for $40 in an appropriate GA environment would be way better than $60 in a seated venue that now turns down their sound too low. And for the record, while LA gets much, much more music than where I grew up, we don't get everything, but close. For example, we didn't get Olivia Tremor Control with Jeff Mangum last year or Sufjan Stevens or Blonde Redhead this year.

Hopefully the FYF Fest sticks around for a long time.

They added a show at Fox Theatre in Pomona, quit crying Frank, too bad its sold out. And GET A CAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    we don't get everything, but close. For example, we didn't get Olivia Tremor Control with Jeff Mangum last year or Sufjan Stevens or Blonde Redhead this year.
    oh my goodness!!! You poor baby!!! How did you cope?? I feel so sorry for you

Seriously, please shut the fuck on this matter. You will never be right on this topic. Like do you even hear yourself?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    oh my goodness!!! You poor baby!!! How did you cope?? I feel so sorry for you

Seriously, please shut the fuck on this matter. You will never be right on this topic. Like do you even hear yourself?
    He doesnt, he has been spoiled with some Jarvis Cocker and Aosi Seksu this year so he has to find somebody else to cry about that didnt come on a tour this year. You get props, youll take the trip to see somebody you like a lot, even if it is The Killers.