Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tool, Linkin Park, Alice and Chains, Atmosphere, etc - LA Fairplex Pomona 8.22.09

Default Re: Tool, Linkin Park, Alice and Chains, Atmosphere, etc - LA Fairplex Pomona 8.22.09

new alice in chains single is streaming on their website. its meh. his voice isnt terrible. but its kinda boring and doesnt really bring across the totrured feeling you got listening to layne. that said he does sound a lot like him

Default Re: Tool, Linkin Park, Alice and Chains, Atmosphere, etc - LA Fairplex Pomona 8.22.09

Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    this is going to have the worst kind of Tool crowd.
    another idle generalization

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil50 View Post
    is this an all general admission show?
    word to bigbird

Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    new alice in chains single is streaming on their website. its meh. his voice isnt terrible. but its kinda boring and doesnt really bring across the totrured feeling you got listening to layne. that said he does sound a lot like him
    Give me one reason- ANY reason- why I should take your opinion seriously at this point. The guy sounds a lot like him... but isn't as 'tortured'? Hoo boy. Arty farty, huh?

Tool;they're coming.

Banned

im gonna make the drive down for this festival. for alot of reasons:

1. the rock on the range promoters are doing this one and ive heard they have done a good job with these type of festivals.

2. it seems like they will have a stage where linkin park will headline and then Tool will close the other stage...

3. for rock fans, this is not a bad lineup... tool is gonna be awesome, linkin park is a guilty pleasure, alice in chains will play some classic hard rock and there is enough going on that day to make it worth while....

fuck it! it should be fun! only debate is to buy regular tickets or VIP? hmmmmmm

I met Danny Carey the other day at Sheperd Stevenson's 4th of July party---I'm waiting on word from a mutual friend if whether or not we'll get on the guestlist.

If not,whatevs--I already got my ticket.

Banned

whats the capacity for this event?? im thinking of getting a VIP ticket.

i dunno--but i suspect somewhere between 6-18 thousand...

Banned

thats it? wow! i was thinking like 30-40 thousand!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    fuck it! it should be fun! only debate is to buy regular tickets or VIP? hmmmmmm
    if this thing isn't already sold out, i'd be shocked...

thats it? wow! i was thinking like 30-40 thousand!!!
    LOL, it's a fairgrounds, not a stadium! i'm pretty sure LA Invasion at the Home Depot center didn't even hold that many...

sad though, considering the Slayer/Manson show at Rockstar Mayhem holds 50,000+...
    Last edited by nbvwes; 07-06-2009 at 01:35 PM.

Banned

yeah but they are using the race track infield...... so they can cram alot in there right? i cannot be crazy for thinking this... i have to check this site out again..

im gonna make the drive down for this festival. for alot of reasons:

1. the rock on the range promoters are doing this one and ive heard they have done a good job with these type of festivals.

2. it seems like they will have a stage where linkin park will headline and then Tool will close the other stage...

3. for rock fans, this is not a bad lineup... tool is gonna be awesome, linkin park is a guilty pleasure, alice in chains will play some classic hard rock and there is enough going on that day to make it worth while....

Hearing Alice in Chains playing the hits would have been great before Layne quit IRL forever over seven years ago.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    i highly doubt it...

why would Tool set up to only play for 1 hour?
    Why would Tool go on some half assed tour of festivals and weird midwestern cities and barely even announce dates?

Banned

take alice in chains for what it is... a band moving on had alot of great songs and fucking just enjoy it!

dude they have to get more than 20,000 in there... but im buying vip tickets next week... ill buy my OSL tix later in the month....

tool will be play 90 min. linkin park i would assume will play 75 min...

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    Why would Tool go on some half assed tour of festivals and weird midwestern cities and barely even announce dates?
    have you seen who's playing these fests with them? i'd be embarrassed to tell people too...

the way the music industry in cannibalizing itself,major recording artists have to rely on doing shows in order to make good money these days-and if they havent gotten a check for an LP release i would also be led to believe this as well

its been since 2006

with that said,i also think they want to lose the rust,rediscover the chemistry and get a chance to showcase newly-evolved songs from 10k Days

besides-theyre getting ready to record again,nobody will probably not see them for the better part of a year after this summer

Banned

they are out there to make a nice boatload of money, and enjoy it while they record.... nothing wrong with that if the shows kick ass.........

2 Stages? I wouldn't exactly call this a festival...

MONSTER ENERGY STAGE:
    12:00 PM: After Midnight Project
    12:50 PM: Sonny
    2:00 PM: Paper Tongues
    3:10 PM: Aesop Rock
    4:20 PM: Atmosphere

MAIN STAGE:
    1:25 PM: Street Sweeper Social Club
    2:35 PM: Hollywood Undead
    3:45 PM: Atreyu
    5:05 PM: Wolfmother
    6:15 PM: Alice In Chains
    7:40 PM: Linkin Park
    9:30 PM: Tool

**In addition, DJ Mike of Scratch 'N Sniff will be spinning between sets on the Main Stage.

old school

ugh, i was hoping Atmosphere or Aesop Rock would be during Linkin Park...

my drugs are gonna get mad at me between Alice in Chains and Tool... but maybe it'll be hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

The website says 12 hours of music, unless Tool is playing a 2 and a half hour set they lied.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

*sigh*

There was a time when that was the case, Blinken.

BTW, did I see you this weekend? *scratches head*
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Tool got lazy. Sad.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    *sigh*

There was a time when that was the case, Blinken.

BTW, did I see you this weekend? *scratches head*
    Yeah we smoked some primo coffee. Remember
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Norcal to Pomona (Epicenter 09)

got a car.....can pick you up.....just asking for a fair split on gas.

takers?

old school

ROLL CALL!!!!

WHO'S ALL GOING TO THIS??

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

I am going, but I dont plan on getting there until 8 or so
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

I'm going, VIP. I'm from Pomona, which makes it even better. After that I'm heading up to San Francisco for Outside Lands. Its going to be a great week!!

Also, I noticed that on the "restrictions" page it says you can bring a blanket for the field. The only grass field is the horse race track, not the drag strip. I got the impression it was on the drag strip (which I think would suck). Anyone know where exactly its being held??

Banned

for anyone interested, they are showing the webcast of this on kroq website...

i may check it out later....

I bet you they dont show Tool...