Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tool, Linkin Park, Alice and Chains, Atmosphere, etc - LA Fairplex Pomona 8.22.09

Default Tool, Linkin Park, Alice and Chains, Atmosphere, etc - LA Fairplex Pomona 8.22.09

Just announced brand new one stop "festival" in the Southland. Tool, Atmosphere, and Street Sweeper Social Club MIGHT get me out to the 909.
    http://epicentermusicfestival.com/
    Concert Schedule
    Dips All Day Everyday.
    http://instagram.com/moviebruin

Banned

Default Re: Tool, Linkin Park, Alice and Chains, Atmosphere, etc - LA Fairplex Pomona 8.22.09

decent lineup for a one day rock festival

Default Re: Tool, Linkin Park, Alice and Chains, Atmosphere, etc - LA Fairplex Pomona 8.22.09

Linkin Park, Wolfmother, Atreyu, Hollywood Undead...all reasons to stay home.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Tool and Aesop Rock are reasons to go.

I've been wanting to see Tool so bad this summer. So I'm 100% there.

Coachella Junkie schoolofruckus's Avatar

This sucks for so many reasons.

Hopefully they add a show in Vegas on 8/20, or else I'm not going to be seeing them this summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    The childless 20-something year olds on the board who find a 50 something year old man fucking teenage prostitutes distasteful will probably change the hum of their tune once they produce babies, definitely. That's the missing link.

meh...... If I wasn't going to Lollapalooza, I'd make myself go to this.

Oh wow, is Tool going to be worth sitting through some of those bands? That is the $79.50 question (plus fees).
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Oh wow, is Tool going to be worth sitting through some of those bands? That is the $79.50 question (plus fees).

Yes. I would watch Atmosphere then just hang out until Tool comes on. Of course, I would sit through pretty much any band for Tool. Depends on how much you like them, I suppose.

The cost is not expensive either. Upper level arena tickets for Tool in Phoenix is around $60 in Phoenix, so a few more bucks and a few more bands ain't bad.

I'm in. No chance I will miss this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

EFF TOOL, SAVE YOUR $$$!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    The cost is not expensive either. Upper level arena tickets for Tool in Phoenix is around $60 in Phoenix, so a few more bucks and a few more bands ain't bad.

ya but YOU get a longer TOOL set.

its just not fair........

still going anyways!

Who is singing for Alice In Chains these days? I know it's not Jerry Cantrell, which is a shame. I wish they would just break up and Jerry go back to doing solo stuff. I liked both Bogey Depot and Degradation Trip.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

How do you know how long Tool is playing at either? Stop complaining.

Kinda weird to be honest...

Atmosphere/Aesop Rock/SSSC before Tool sounds good to me though.

Just keep the other stage far away so no sound bleeds.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    How do you know how long Tool is playing at either? Stop complaining.
    I know based on personal experience. I have seen them 12 times, both at festivals and standalone shows. They always play a longer set at the standalone shows.

Anyway, that aside I am certainly not complaining. Just glad they're doing at least one So CA date.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    Who is singing for Alice In Chains these days? I know it's not Jerry Cantrell, which is a shame. I wish they would just break up and Jerry go back to doing solo stuff. I liked both Bogey Depot and Degradation Trip.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Duvall

Linkin park? Fuck tool for playing this abomination.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

wow, not what i was hoping for in terms of a so cal tool date, but there are a few good bands on there. just wish it wasnt in BFE, and on my friends birthday.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Tool should throw in a random show at The Fox Theater in Pomona around this. I would fucking die if that happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

TOOL

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    Tool should throw in a random show at The Fox Theater in Pomona around this. I would fucking die if that happened.
    that would be retarded awesome

my head would explode

This is definitely "off the beaten path".

really? this is the only I can see Tool? are you fucking kidding me?

And faxy, aesop rock is NOT a reason to go... he blows live.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

Quote Originally Posted by ThomThom View Post
    I just gizzed in my pants... A little

So is this pile of shit a new KROQ festival? Perhaps to replace the Inland/LA Invasions?
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Supre doesnt know since he's usually in the bathroom going away at the glory hole.Noms Nom nom noms oooooo i'm taking a picture of that beast....****snap*** back to yum yums nom nom noms

Unhappy Re: Tool, Linkin Park, Alice and Chains, Atmosphere, etc - LA Fairplex Pomona 8.22.09

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Linkin park? Fuck tool for playing this abomination.

did u miss the hollywood undead title..........i think i puke in my mouth a little.

Woohoo! Got me 2 VIPs! That makes it Phoenix and Pomona, now give me LA and SD dammit!!!

Lineup is way better than Weenie Roast.