Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Brandon goes to Bonnaroo. Sees America. Hates on Texas. Read all about it!

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Default Re: Brandon goes to Bonnaroo. Sees America. Hates on Texas. Read all about it!

MOAR
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: Brandon goes to Bonnaroo. Sees America. Hates on Texas. Read all about it!

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    When did you become the type who looks down on other for arguing and preaches everyone having valid opinions? Haha. You're getting soft. I've always read complaints that you're the most argumentative person on the board.
    I'm not even following you Tommy. I wasn't looking down on anyone for arguing. I'll take the soft comment as a compliment though.

Brandon, I ain't touching that thing. Not sober at least.

Quote Originally Posted by apostle2 View Post
    An important thing to remember about the unopposed headliners is that everyone happened to go to a year with headliners they didn't really want to see. In 2006, would anyone complain about Radiohead playing unopposed? Or Tool in 2007? just like everything else, it's a year by year thing, and judging the way a festival (any festival) does their scheduling on one year alone is a little off.
    I bitched a lot about the schedule when it got announced, and someone mentioned how all the schedules from past years were on the website, so we should have known about the unopposed headliners (which I didn't). So I went through each years schedule around that time. Here's a list of unopposed headliners

'08
    Metallica
    Pearl Jam
    Widespread Panic

'07
    Tool
    The Police
    Widespread Panic

'06
    Tom Petty
    Radiohead
    Phil Lesh & Friends

'05
    Dave Matthews Band
    Widespread Panic

'04
    Dave Matthews & Friends
    The Dead
    Trey Anastasio

'03
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse
    Widespread Panic
    The Dead

'02
    Widespread Panic
    Widespread Panic
    Trey Anastasio

Out of all of those, the only ones I would really be interested in watching full sets from out of more than mild curiosity would be Radiohead and Neil Young, so 2/20. Even at Coachella, which is more geared towards my tastes, there's only a minority of headliners that I really want to see. Headliners usually aren't what get me to festivals, so I really appreciate having options. If Coachella pulled the same thing with unopposed headliners, I certainly would enjoy it far less. I'd rather have too many options than too few, like I felt I did on Saturday and Sunday of Bonnaroo this year. Maybe this means me and Bonnaroo are a poor fit, but I really enjoyed my time there this year and the sets I did see, which is why I'm complaining so much about the set times. It's fucking frustrating to see something with such great potential get pissed away with decisions that don't seem to make much sense. Instead of having a full, great weekend of music like I did at Coachella, I had one full great day and two mediocre days. And considering how much money I put into going, and how many other festival options are out there, it makes committing to another Bonnaroo less likely. I appreciate everything that Bonnaroo does right, but as a paying customer, it's not unreasonable for me or others to point out problems that we see that can be resolved. It could rain all fucking weekend for all I care if I'm getting one of the best music experiences of my life.

There's absolutely no reason why you had "two mediocre days" at Bonnaroo, Patrick. No reason at all, that's all your doing right there
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Mediocre music wise I meant. I'd say about 85% of what I really wanted to see ended up being scheduled on Friday. Although some of it was my fault because I was burned out late night Saturday.

a little different slant on scheduling conflicts and the like: i didnt go to the roo this year, but i did spend 3 days watching it on the blue room .... there was almost no band that i would have actually seen being broadcast, but who knows, that might have been the perfect schedule for them .... i pick a couple of bands a day to for sure see, and beyond thats, its free form music ... why be tied down cr******
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Banned

that was a great fucking review!!!!!!! damn that brought back memories! for sure going back next year! thanks for the review! the journey sing-along was EPIC!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Stroke my dick.
    now

/thread
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

I want to do this for ATP!