Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brandon goes to Bonnaroo. Sees America. Hates on Texas. Read all about it!

Default Re: Brandon goes to Bonnaroo. Sees America. Hates on Texas. Read all about it!

haha you guys are being a little dramatic over the stage names.

Default Re: Brandon goes to Bonnaroo. Sees America. Hates on Texas. Read all about it!

Quote Originally Posted by apostle2 View Post
    But isn't that where Drama usually takes place...on Stage?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Was that clever,or should I just go back to bed before the day gets worse?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

that was a great review. thank you for sharing. this year's lineup had me really tempted to go, but i don't know if i'd be able to deal with some of those obstacles (the rain...mud...bad layout...), i'd be karate-chopping some mofo's left and right.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    It's a whole different festival when you're sleeping on a half deflated air mattress floating atop an ant infested puddle.
    What the hell was with the ants? I must have pitched my tent on top of an ant hill, every time I woke up, there were ants all over me. Ugh.

Fun read. Sorry to hear that Texas was a fucking asshole to you.
    Hello my name is Johnny Polite and they are going to kill me...
    Concert Calendar:
    Burning Hotels 1.14 | The Kills 1.23 | Adam Ant 2.7 | Girls 3.9 | Dr. Dog 3.11 | Neon Indian 3.13 | Andrew Bird 3.15| Band of Skulls 3.17

twitter.com/thechris104
    youtube.com/thechris104
    granadatheater.com

I already want to go, now this makes me want to the roo for real, I can't believe you road tripped it...

Well Brandon, to me it sounds like the festival itself was frustrating for you which I understand. However, I'm glad to read that most of your music reviews were solid and it seems like you enjoyed most of what you saw. That is what it's supposed to be about, right?

Also, no sweaty man hug mention?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

It was frustrating mostly for the first day. After I figured out where I was going, what to expect and was able to tell the tents apart from each other it was great. Like I said, I am glad I went and I enjoyed myself. I just think Coachella is a bit more user friendly. And has better weather. And bands. But that is just me, and I appreciate that Bonnaroo is different and strives for different goals.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

After I went to Sasquatch (which is nowhere near as hard as Bonnaroo), that was my impression of Coachella too. We are spoiled. Coachella is fucking easy. Everything is laid out for us. I love Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Endearingly Dislikable RotationSlimWang's Avatar

Nice coverage, Bran, but it becomes a bit hard to take seriously the criticism of a man who doesn't seem to score anything lower than an eight. Especially when 10 is apparently Yeasayer. Gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

Everything was pretty great for the most part. My 2007 Coachella review has more varied scores.

And Yeasayer was amazing.
    last.fm

It didn't even sound like you really liked Wilco, you just gave them a high score to appease their fans on the board. Weak.

Yeasayer is just more of the same meandering hippie bullshit.
    Hannah, I don't know that pigs have big weiners, and my early 20's facination with dogs because of weiner size, I think. If that helps.

I really enjoyed Wilco actually. A lot more than I thought I was going to anyway, especially when I only listen to one of their records (the one most people dislike). If I was trying to appease people here I would have talked about how amazing Animal Collective was. Also, if I am not necessarily enjoying the song being played but it's being performed well, I'm not going to knock points off.

You're just upset because I skipped YYYs.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Yeasayer is just more of the same meandering hippie bullshit.

That's rich coming from the man who championed MGMT.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Yeasayer opened for them at that first show, and it was excruciating just to sit through them. And I shall continue to champion those gimmicky little cunts til they put out a second album and it completely blows.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

brandon, thanks for writing this, man.

beast of a review. good work.

also glad you liked yeasayer and dirty projectors. i did not watch all the videos, but the ones i did were great. the journey one reminds me of the last time i did karaoke......

I enjoyed your review, Brandon. I've only been to Texas a few times and i had a good time. The only problem I had was someone breaking into my car in a gated community. The gate was not a deterrent it appears.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Great job Brandon. This is really helpful to know exactly what your getting yourself into if one decides to go.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    this picture makes me itch all over. *shudder*

After reading this, I don't think I could ever do Bonarroo. Unless I had a hotel to stay at.
    For your health

I read this. Good work.

the fountain of filth made me shout-laugh. Anyone caught in that mess deserves whatever vd they wind up with.

It reminds me of a certain picture that lurks in dark corners of the internet. I think you all know what I'm talking about.
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by apostle2 View Post
    One should not have to use a fucking mnemonic device to figure out where a band is playing, as I had to (a is before i in the alphabet, That Tent is closer to the gate than This Tent). While I'm usually glad not to have to see a band at the Bud Light stage, this time might have been an exception.

Great read. Especially the whole Texas sucking part.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    It reminds me of a certain picture that lurks in dark corners of the internet. I think you all know what I'm talking about.
    except hippie filth. thanks for that mental image.

Thanks for the thorough review, B. I enjoyed reading this. Although I'm going to echo Rocke's comments and say that Bonnaroo is most definitely not for me, even with great lineup choices like Grizzly Bear and Wilco. 6 hour lines + jam bands = my own little personal hell.

It only took our caravan an hour or two to get in . . .