Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Nation to eliminate service fees for a 24-hour period.

Coachella Junkie

Default Live Nation to eliminate service fees for a 24-hour period.

They should do this more often. And by more often, I mean permanently.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/...03978124.story

Live Nation will eliminate service fees on more than five million lawn tickets and hundreds of concerts for its amphitheaters in a one-day promotion June 3. The 24 hour sales event is being billed as the biggest ticket promotion ever, which would be hard to dispute.

"No Service Fee Wednesdays," begins June 3 at 12:01 a.m., offering fans some of the lowest prices of the summer with no ticket service fees on any LiveNation.com-ticketed amphitheater show, and only at LiveNation.com. A source at Live Nation says service fees typically average about one third of the total ticket cost.

Throughout the rest of the summer, Live Nation will offer a variety of "No Service Fee Wednesdays" specials at LiveNation.com. This promotion is not valid in combination with other special pricing offers and is subject to availability. Tickets without service fees are available at all Live Nation-ticketed amphitheaters for concerts including blink-182, Coldplay, No Doubt, Nickelback, Depeche Mode, Toby Keith, Brad Paisley, Crue Fest, Def Leppard/Poison/Cheap Trick, Kid Rock/Lynyrd Skynyrd, Phish, Nine Inch Nails/Jane's Addition, the Dead, Rascal Flatts, and many others.

Live Nation has already been tackling the issue of service fees with its in-house ticketing operation launched at the beginning of this year. "We know the fan has been frustrated by the series of successive fees in the purchase process," Live Nation Ticketing CEO Nathan Hubbard tells Billboard.com. "There is attrition in the sales flow once you see your third page with some additional fees. The fan told us they just want to know up front how much the cost of the experience is going to be. We didnít address that problem completely, but the first step was moving from fan's paying a service fee, you might pay a shipping and handling fee, maybe a print-at-home fee, delivery fee, etc, to consolidating it into a single up-front fee that is there as you cart your inventory."

Hubbard says Live Nation Ticketing has sold more than five million tickets since launching in January.
    oh, and if this has been posted already, then delete/flame/lolcat away.

Default Re: Live Nation to elminate service fees for a 24-hour period.

It hasn't been posted already.

But here is a lolcat anyways....

Coachella Junkie

ryan this thread is now a success, no matter what else happens.

thank you

Matt you better grab your NIN/JA if you don't have them yet...

Coachella Junkie

I do have them, got them during the NIN presale back in... whenever it was. It was expensive and service fees galore. I'm wondering if there are any shows worth getting tix for from this though.

I'm sure they're jacking up ticket prices a few bucks elsewhere to balance out the loss
    '99-'11...

Muse isnt opening for U2 in Phx, so you got a problem there, unless you are going to any east coast show that isnt sold out, which there arent. It has to be sold through live nation or its not valid for this.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    They should do this more often. And by more often, I mean permanently.
    I'm fairly certain if they eliminated fees permanently they wouldn't be in the ticket selling business.

That's like opening a starbucks and giving all the coffee away. As much as everyone hates fees, hates ticketmaster, hates live nation. The fact is these are all businesses. They are entitled to a profit. The question is at what point do you want some govenrment entity to start regulating this industry. I have seen other non ticketmaster and non live nation ticketing services charge the same if not more on some occasions for the same services.

Granted there are plenty of other reasons these corporations are evil but it's not service alone who sets these fees either.
    Last edited by faxman75; 06-01-2009 at 03:30 PM.

One thing is they aren't giving way tickets, they are still selling them, without tacking on the extra fees...

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_guerrero View Post
    One thing is they aren't giving way tickets, they are still selling them, without tacking on the extra fees...
    The band/label makes money on the ticket. Ticketmaster/Live Nation makes money on the serivce fees.

Ticketmaster collects no part of advertised ticket prices, in lieu it adds services fees to boost its earnings. Consumers often find these markups unreasonably excessive, especially because there are many instances where no alternative purchase method is offered (allowing the purchase of tickets without incurring fees). This business practice, along with a dearth of competitors, has led many to view Ticketmaster as monopolistic. Alternative ticketing companies have emerged but due to Ticketmaster's exclusive agreements with a large percentage of venues the competition has not lowered service fees. Not all events generate the same consternation. Many ticket buyers have the option of purchasing tickets directly from venue box offices, thereby avoiding service fees from any ticketing agent though many box offices will also charge a service fee, particularly if the venue is owned by a ticket agency. The typical fees in addition to a ticket's face value include:

Ticketmaster Service Charge
    This is Ticketmaster's charge for the general service they provide and maintain. You will pay this charge no matter which way you buy the tickets through Ticketmaster (Phone, online or in person at a ticket center), although the amount of the charge may be different for different channels and different payment methods.

Building Facility Charge
    This is determined by the venue, and not Ticketmaster.

Processing Charge
    This is Ticketmaster's charge for processing your order and making the tickets available to you (mail, etc.) This is usually not a per ticket charge, but rather a per order charge.

Shipping, E-Ticket Convenience, or Will Call Charge
    Ticketmaster charges a fee for ticket delivery, even if the ticket is in the form of an automatically generated virtual "e-ticket", which buyers must then print out themselves, at their own expense (at a lower cost to Ticketmaster than any other medium). Buyers may also be charged an extra fee to collect the ticket(s) from the venue. E-ticket convenience charges have been known to be issued even when purchasing a ticket directly from Ticketmaster box offices

Then I'm screwing Live Nation every time they have a show at shoreline, because on Sundays there's no fees, I just paid $25 bucks cash to see the YYYs, Crystal Castles, Mike Relm, Metric, and others...

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_guerrero View Post
    Then I'm screwing Live Nation every time they have a show at shoreline, because on Sundays there's no fees, I just paid $25 bucks cash to see the YYYs, Crystal Castles, Mike Relm, Metric, and others...
    Well done. I generally try to purchase at the box office or minimize delivery fees by choosing will call which is usually free. the service charge is sometimes unavoidable and can be really and that sucks but i've yet to see any real competition come in and profit with lower fees and those that try don't last because of many exclusive deals that TM has hammered out with venues. If there should be any regulations it should be with those exclusive deals, they seem to be the glue that makes it seem impossible to avoid high service fees from TM.

I'm not really sure which shows this will work for until Wednesday. Probably nothing I want to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Please see this as a way to help.

***PARTICIPATING OR SELECT SHOWS. PARKING FEES MAY APPLY. CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER. SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.

They'll just raise the ticket prices. They will also withhold the best seats from availability on Wednesdays.

Nickelback, Coldplay, Creed and The Fray?!?! Fucking win!

They won't raise the tickets, just check the prices today, and make sure on Wednesday, none of the shows I have tickets for have gone up yet...

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    They'll just raise the ticket prices. They will also withhold the best seats from availability on Wednesdays.
    No, they won't. Live Nation does not set the ticket prices.

If there are PJ Harvey + John Parish at the Wiltern and Grizzly Bear at the Wiltern tickets available I'm purchasing them.

pre-Edit: As of right now the only Grizzly Bear tickets available are Mezzanine and I am not interested in those. There are (currently) floor tickets for PJH + JP, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

If it wasn't for this I don't think I could have justified purchasing tickets to the Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Tour featuring Marilyn Manson and Slayer.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    If there are PJ Harvey + John Parish at the Wiltern and Grizzly Bear at the Wiltern tickets available I'm purchasing them.

pre-Edit: As of right now the only Grizzly Bear tickets available are Mezzanine and I am not interested in those. There are (currently) floor tickets for PJH + JP, though.
    "all amphitheater shows", i don't believe the wiltern falls into that category

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

so they are offering a "rape free" option exclusively for people that we don't want to be. awesome.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Too bad that those tours either suck, are uninteresting to me or have already come though town. Suck it, Live Nation.

most of the good shows are probably sold out already too

some deal livenation
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    "all amphitheater shows", i don't believe the wiltern falls into that category
    Ahh. I guess I missed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Is Live Nation officially up and !@#$ing people again?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I'm fairly certain if they eliminated fees permanently they wouldn't be in the ticket selling business.

That's like opening a starbucks and giving all the coffee away. As much as everyone hates fees, hates ticketmaster, hates live nation. The fact is these are all businesses. They are entitled to a profit. The question is at what point do you want some govenrment entity to start regulating this industry. I have seen other non ticketmaster and non live nation ticketing services charge the same if not more on some occasions for the same services.

Granted there are plenty of other reasons these corporations are evil but it's not service alone who sets these fees either.
    i like how someones wishing outloud (because I am sure we all know the reasoning why they keep the fees) becomes a lesson in business.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

I like how people have still found a way to be upset that a company is waving fees for some events.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I like how people have still found a way to be upset that a company is waving fees for some events.
    Because it really is just an empty gesture, and IMO it's a PR stunt, to make them look good. They know the general public has ill feelings towards them, especially since it was announced they are trying to merge with ticketmaster.

Doing shit like this is like them saying: "see, we really aren't that bad, we aren't this evil corporation". Lastly, its hilarious how the CEO just casually admits that "yeah, fees take up a third of the tickets price".