Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Record Store Day 2012 (April 21st)

Default Record Store Day 2012 (April 21st)

Falls during weekend 2 this year. Expect announcements throughout the second half of March.

http://www.recordstoreday.com/Home

Also, there is an app that will update on iphone and droid as releases get added.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Default Re: Record Store Day 2012 (April 21st)

Sweet

From Merge.

Merge has announced its four Record Store Day releases, and yes, they're putting out something by Arcade Fire. (Record Store Day is on April 21 this year.)
    Arcade Fire will release a special edition 12" with remixes of Suburbs album cuts "Sprawl II" and "Ready to Start" by the band and producer Damian Taylor (who has recently worked with Björk, Austra, and Robyn). The remix of "Sprawl II" can be heard in the interactive video, while the "Ready to Start" remix was originally a bonus cut from the deluxe edition of the album.
    The label is also pressing Destroyer's 2006 opus Destroyer's Rubies on vinyl for the first time in the U.S. It features bonus track "Loscil's Rubies", a 20-minute long bonus song remixed by Scott Morgan, aka Loscil, who remixed the bonus songs on the vinyl release of Kaputt. The limited double LP will be on ruby red vinyl, natch, and include a digital download of the album.
    Two weeks after the release of new album A Wasteland Companion, M. Ward's Record Store Day 7" includes one song from that album, "Primitive Girl", and two B-sides: "Roll Over Beethoven", a cover of the Chuck Berry classic, and "The Twist", which is not a cover. (M. Ward will also perform at Fingerprints in Long Beach on Record Store Day.)

Finally, the label will release Richard Buckner's first-ever 7", "Willow" b/w "Lost". It also comes with an exclusive downloadable cover of the Cars' "Candy-O". Listen to somber A-side "Willow" above.
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

From Mastodon's Facebook page:

Mastodon will release a limited edition 7" vinyl in baby pink for Record Store Day, which launches on 4/21. The A-side will feature the original Flaming Lips classic "A Spoonful Weighs a Ton", which Mastodon covers on the B-side. This will ONLY be available at selected indie retail stores. To find the nearest store, head over to http://www.recordstoreday.com/​Venues
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

So Mastodon is releasing a Feist cover and a Flaming Lips cover? Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

All that matter to me is I am able to purchase the Tomahawk boxset that comes out.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Perfume Genius @ The Independent 10/21/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14
    The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore 11/20/14
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/14

Last.fm

Do you guys think Coachella will have anything on weekend #1? I liked browsing through the store for the record day stuff. I had found a "record store day" box last year with Blur's "Fool's Day." If not, can you find cool stuff online (not turn arounds), or are these things really just in stores? El Paso doesn't have a record store, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

With the recent RSD Black Friday event, Amoeba was selling RSD releases online. As was Waterloo in Austin.

Awesome, thanks. Waterloo is probably the only thing I like about Austin.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Me too, that store is so great.

Cure Entreat Plus (1989 London concert version of Disintegration) 2LP supposedly a RSD 2012 thing...
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    Cure Entreat Plus (1989 London concert version of Disintegration) 2LP supposedly a RSD 2012 thing...
    holy fuck I want
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

http://thequietus.com/articles/08235...cord-store-day

PiL and Orbital are to play a top secret event in London to launch annual Quietus wallet busting event Record Store Day. On Monday, March 19th PiL will play live and Orbital DJ at the bash, which will also be streamed live on Boiler Room TV via the Record Store Day website.

Said John Lydon of the event, "The destruction of the music industry is because people can't buy records easily. A record is for life. A download is a lack of life. A poor substitute for a real wife!" while Orbital's Paul Hartnoll said "We're looking forward to DJing at the Record Store Day launch event next week and showcasing some of our new album. It’s a privilege to be asked to be involved and to promote local record stores up and down the country."

Details of this year's limited edition vinyl for Record Store Day will be announced at the party. Record Store Day takes place on Saturday April 21st, 2012

Excited to finally hear that this will be released on RSD! I think 90% of the crowd that night was tripping haha. Just look at these pictures...
    http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archive...llecti_29.html

AnCo’s Tranverse Temporary Gyrus 12″ complies original tracks and live recordings made for and performed at a unique performance as part of an installation by Animal Collective and visual artist Danny Perez at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City in March 2010. The vinyl comes with an exclusive 24 x 36 foldout poster.

As for the Monkeys, they’re releasing their single “R U Mine?” on limited heavyweight purple 7″ vinyl. The b-side is a brand new track called “Electricity”.

ps Shame that MSG was barely half-filled when Arctic Monkeys took the stage last night. Can't wait for their set at Coachella...they just need to close out with When the Sun Goes Down aka Scummy

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/15 Flying Lotus @ Terminal 5
    10/16 Flying Lotus @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick
    10/18 Ambivalent/Mike Dehnert @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

so does anybody really know if Weekend 1 will have any RSD stuff at Coachella? That's usually a big part of my Coachella trip, but with it scheduled for 4/21 does that mean the Zia tent won't have any RSD goodies?

they will not have any record store day releases weekend 1.

http://www.coachella.com/festival-info/record-store-day
    Zia will also have a limited amount of RSD Exclusives from prior years available both weekends.
    Many bands performing this year at Coachella will be releasing Record Store Day Exclusive pieces this year including The Black Keys, Santigold, Feist, The Hives, M83, Florence + The Machine, Arctic Monkeys, The Refused, Miike Snow, Childish Gambino, Mike Watt, Grouplove, The Black Angels, Kimbra, Gary Clark Jr., Laura Marling, Grace Potter & The Nocturnals, Real Estate, M. Ward, Death Grips, fIREHOSE and St. Vincent.

We will also have a few exclusives that will only be available both weekends of Coachella. First is At The Drive-In’s amazing Vaya EP is being repressed on colored vinyl and will be limited to only 500 copies. Also Ximena Sarinana will be releasing a Coachella only 7” limited to 500. More exclusives are in the works so stop by and check us out.
    Kimbra... is she on the line-up/going to be added? An appearance with Gotye perhaps?

We will also have a few exclusives that will only be available both weekends of Coachella. First is At The Drive-In’s amazing Vaya EP is being repressed on colored vinyl and will be limited to only 500 copies.

Salivate

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost bought a copy of that recently for 90 bucks!
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I almost bought a copy of that recently for 90 bucks!
    Get it on Discogs, much cheaper! Oh man, just thinking about At the Drive in at Coachella....

I saw At The Drive In on their tour with The Murder City Devils. Both bands blew the roof off the building. It will be interesting to see if ATDI will continue to hang the state flag of Texas (like explosions in the sky) up at their gigs, and if they will be able to muster up the same punk/grunge destroy the stage and body montrosity that they use to play with. Hopefully the magic is still there! A lot of bad blood and negative stuff came out after ATDI broke up....

ps The get up kids/atdi & RATM/atdi shows in 99 are still in my top 25 shows of all time Can't wait till they announce NY show

10/14 Warpaint @ Webster
    10/15 Flying Lotus @ Terminal 5
    10/16 Flying Lotus @ Music Hall of Williamsburg
    10/18 Ben Frost @ Wick
    10/18 Ambivalent/Mike Dehnert @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Record Store Day is just around the corner, specifically April 21st and Third Man Records will be releasing a gem from The White Stripes:

TMR 141
    THE WHITE STRIPES
    Hand Springs w/ Red Death at 6:14

Limited to red/black swirl vinyl for Record Store Day.
    Continuing in the mission of reissuing the nuggets of the White Stripes’ back catalog, Third Man plays Dr. Frankenstein/matchmaker to two stand-alone songs from the high time of the year 2000. “Handsprings” was originally released as a split-single with the Dirtbombs and included free in issue #19 of Multiball magazine. “Red Death at 6:14” was initially released on the Jack White-produced compilation “Sympathetic Sounds of Detroit” and was later made available as a one-sided single from the folks at MOJO magazine. Both songs are quintessential White Stripes jams and finally pairing them together here makes (arguably) one of the best Stripes singles ever.
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

just saw that. want want want.
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

WANT

I NEED TO GET THE ARCTIC MONKEYS 7"

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

http://consequenceofsound.net/2012/0...ord-store-day/

Zia Record Exchange will be on-site to handle all the Record Store Day (April 21st) needs of attendees at Coachella. What’s more, the festival’s website reveals there will be some RSD merchandise exclusively available at the Indio, CA event.

Not only will festival goers bear witness to the reunited At The Drive-In, they’ll also have a chance to pick up a reissue of the band’s 1999 EP, Vaya. Pressed on colored vinyl, the Coachella/RSD exclusive 7″ will be limited to just 500 copies.

Mexican pop singer Ximena Sariñana will also have 500 copies of a 7″ available at the festival. The website states these releases will be available both weekends of Coachella. More exclusives for the Coachella crowd are “in the works”, so stay tuned.

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

God damn it. Will someone at weekend 2 please pick up a copy of that atdi repress? Please. I'll be greatly in your debt.

Greg, if I can get two, I'll pick one up for you.
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Coachella Junkie nathanfairchild's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    God damn it. Will someone at weekend 2 please pick up a copy of that atdi repress? Please. I'll be greatly in your debt.
    article said it would be available both weekends.

October 23 - 26 - Housecore Horror Festival
    October 29 - The Melvins
    November 7-9 - Fun Fun Fun Fest
    November 18 - Slayer
    November 19 - eyehategod
    January 31 - Mayhem/Watain

Old news now, but more info on that St Vincent release:
    St. Vincent will celebrate Record Store Day (21st April) with an exclusive 7" featuring two brand new songs , 'KROKODIL' and 'GROT'. Pressed on red vinyl, the release sheds new light on Clark's aggressive guitar chops. For more info on Record Store Day and where you can find the 7", visit here.

In other St. Vincent news, her 4AD Session will be available to buy as an iTunes exclusive from 10th April. It features the audio of five live performances from St. Vincent's, including 'Chloe In The Afternoon', 'Surgeon', 'Strange Mercy', 'Cheerleader', and 'Year Of The Tiger'.
    Definitely need this and that White Stripes single.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda