Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who do you bank with and why?

Default Re: Who do you bank with and why?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    I am still at Chase (formally WaMu, who I really liked) but I will probably be changing soon. I hear that they are going to start charging for direct deposit. I am not sure if that is true, but keep an ear out if you are with them.
    I'm test driving this change as well...with fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    all of our business stuff is through union. i make a point to go to the one that is a little further from the house because they have many beautiful women wearing low cut blouses working there.
    my personal is through wamu/chase...waiting to see if chase starts fucking with me.
    i am still fed up with my wamu credit card acct., glad they went under. i was in the hospital and missed a payment by 2 days. i called and wrote and explained my situation, but they would not reinstate my 0% promo rate, even though i had been a loyal and perfect customer for over 10 years. yeah, i transferred the balance and cut up that card right quick. a big thank you to all those who ruined it for us responsible people.
    Man, I can relate to this! Both Chase and my Wamu CC's pulled that shit by changing due dates, etc. I filed for BK and have since learned my lesson...and how to manage finances.Now this Chase bank wants to give me the world and start credit up again...No thank you! The lesson I learned was not to use credit, period!

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Be careful with credit card due payment due dates. I don't know what fuck tard created a scheme where they push the due dates back and or forward every month. Making you accidentally late on payments when you think it's due on one day, while they pushed it forward. Ya, they are inclined not to charge you, or go against credit score.. But that's AFTER dealing with that shit over the phone.. So be careful
    Probably the same fucktards that helped guide me to bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    i never had a late payment in my whole credit history, over 10 years worth. i was admitted to the hospital via the er on a sunday and had no computer access for a week or so. heartless motherfuckers is what they were.
    Heartless is how CC's make their living.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

tessa, chrissy, and all my other awesome wells fargonians...which account setup do you have? basic checking, college combo, management package, advantage package, or PMA package? pretty sure i'll end up with the management package, which is just a fancy name for checking and savings.

I currently have WaMu/Chase. I opened my account at a small, local, Savings Bank (with only 5 branch locations--Hawthorne Savings). A few years back, they got merged into Commercial Capital, which then got bought by WaMu. Things have gotten worse with each merger/acquisition. I looked for another bank to change to when WaMu bought out Commercial Capital, but at that point I found all the other smaller banks had already been gobbled up, or were about to. And, looking at the account details at the major banks, I didn't see much difference between them. Has that changed? Is Wells Fargo really better?

It's weird, I was remembering the other banks that used to exist in this area, and the only ones that are still around from about 30 years ago are Wells Fargo, Bank of America and Union Bank.

I know I really don't like Chase after what they tried to get away with regarding my credit cards there. They are really sneaky. I "opted out" of them increasing my interest rate from 8.99% to 24.99%, and closed the account. They raised the interest rate anyway, it took several calls and months of incorrect billing till they fixed it. Recently they sent out another letter saying they were changing the terms unless I opt out again. WTF?

I know this shows I am old, but I remember when a bank would call you if you had an overdraft and you'd have the chance to go in and deposit funds to cover the checks. And, bounced check charges were only $3! But, there were no "free" accounts then either, you had to pay monthly charges and pay for checks.

Considering my financial status lately, I might just go with "Home Savings." No bank fees, overdraft charges, nor statements to deal with. I just haven't figured out how to produce a debit card in my likeness so I wouldn't have to carry my cash.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    I am still at Chase (formally WaMu, who I really liked) but I will probably be changing soon. I hear that they are going to start charging for direct deposit. I am not sure if that is true, but keep an ear out if you are with them.
    chase has never once charged me a dime for direct deposit. dunno why they (or any other bank) would, either. dd is cheaper for them than using up a teller's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.