Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you bank with and why?

Default Who do you bank with and why?

my little local bank (coast hills fcu) isn't the greatest and the online banking sucks big time...i'm looking for a fairly solid new bank that treats you decent and has good-great online banking.

Default Re: Who do you bank with and why?

San Diego County Credit Union because of the great customer service and great online banking. I haven't lived in San Diego for 15 years, yet I have stuck with them for checking and lending.

Bank of America (Visa) and American Express for Credit Cards because of the points (Alaska Airlines and Starwood).

old school

Do you want my Debit card and my pin number while your at it?? =D

TD canada trust.....

lol silly bastard...

i'm actually leaning towards wells fargo at the moment.

any horror stories with them?

i love wells fargo. i just have a checking and savings account with them. i use them because my mom opened accounts for us when we were in high school and i just never went anywhere else. the only thing i hate is the overdraft fee, but i bet all banks have that. i've been almost completely happy with them in the past 9 years. and i use wellsfargo.com pretty much just to check my balances and transfer money, so nothing too deep. but they're very dependable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

What banks near you have the most convenient ATMs, BlueDevil50? Let that guide your decision.

Union Bank of California is good, although, for savings and whatnot, ING or HSBC online accounts give the best interest rates.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

Oh, and if you can make the minimum account balance ($1,000 I believe), eTrade accounts are awesome and they reimburse all ATM fees so you can go to ANY ATM and it doesn't cost you a penny.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

I use wells fargo and love it the over draft charges are a bummer but these are a few things that I really like:
    The tellers at my branch know me so we hane genuine convo
    Direct deposit advance which is great for ERs
    Free cashiers checks thru online banking
    And wahoo moboile banking for checking balances while on the go
    20yr customer

Good luck!!!

My parents have always banked with Wells Fargo, so that's why I started with them. Never had any problems. Then I worked there for 2 or 3 years. So now I still have plenty of contacts.

Their online banking is great.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

I have accounts with B of A, Wescom Credit Union, and USAA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

thanks for the input party people...it looks like i'm pretty much going to go with wells fargo, probably open the account ahead of the college student one that has checking/savings.

Awww shucks.

I got up too late to talk to the Devil.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Wells Fargo. My mom's worked there for, like, 15 years, and two of my tias retired from there, so it's sort of in my blood. Oh, and the overdraft fees only affect you if you don't manage your funds well.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

I bank at the monolith.

B of A

So far no problemos.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Post Re: Who do you bank with and why?

altura credit union... good rates, low fees, service provided to me over the last 15 years
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Oh, and the overdraft fees only affect you if you don't manage your funds well.
    haha dammit i know it's my fault, don't rub it in.

i just wish they wouldn't charge you for taking it out of your savings. i have plenty in my savings they can pull from but i just wish i didn't get charged for every transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

I am still at Chase (formally WaMu, who I really liked) but I will probably be changing soon. I hear that they are going to start charging for direct deposit. I am not sure if that is true, but keep an ear out if you are with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

if you have overdraft protection, will they still charge you?

Kinecta FCU. Why? Because they don't ever try to ram a serrated blade up your butt hole every time you fuck up with funds, checks, and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

all of our business stuff is through union. i make a point to go to the one that is a little further from the house because they have many beautiful women wearing low cut blouses working there.

my personal is through wamu/chase...waiting to see if chase starts fucking with me.

i am still fed up with my wamu credit card acct., glad they went under. i was in the hospital and missed a payment by 2 days. i called and wrote and explained my situation, but they would not reinstate my 0% promo rate, even though i had been a loyal and perfect customer for over 10 years. yeah, i transferred the balance and cut up that card right quick. a big thank you to all those who ruined it for us responsible people.

I bank with the Teachers Federal Credit Union. The online banking is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    all of our business stuff is through union. i make a point to go to the one that is a little further from the house because they have many beautiful women wearing low cut blouses working there.

my personal is through wamu/chase...waiting to see if chase starts fucking with me.

i am still fed up with my wamu credit card acct., glad they went under. i was in the hospital and missed a payment by 2 days. i called and wrote and explained my situation, but they would not reinstate my 0% promo rate, even though i had been a loyal and perfect customer for over 10 years. yeah, i transferred the balance and cut up that card right quick. a big thank you to all those who ruined it for us responsible people.
    Be careful with credit card due payment due dates. I don't know what fuck tard created a scheme where they push the due dates back and or forward every month. Making you accidentally late on payments when you think it's due on one day, while they pushed it forward. Ya, they are inclined not to charge you, or go against credit score.. But that's AFTER dealing with that shit over the phone.. So be careful
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

my local credit union. i banked with wells fargo, switched, and never looked back. no overdraft fees, no cashier check charges, higher interest rates on both checking acct and savings acct, better customer service, and can withdraw from any co-op atm in the nation for no charge. fuck large banks imo

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

Quote Originally Posted by vogina View Post
    Be careful with credit card due payment due dates. I don't know what fuck tard created a scheme where they push the due dates back and or forward every month. Making you accidentally late on payments when you think it's due on one day, while they pushed it forward. Ya, they are inclined not to charge you, or go against credit score.. But that's AFTER dealing with that shit over the phone.. So be careful
    i never had a late payment in my whole credit history, over 10 years worth. i was admitted to the hospital via the er on a sunday and had no computer access for a week or so. heartless motherfuckers is what they were.

i never had a late payment in my whole credit history, over 10 years worth. i was admitted to the hospital via the er on a sunday and had no computer access for a week or so. heartless motherfuckers is what they were.
    That sucks. Ya, I've never been late in my CC payments either. I'm very tedious when it comes to finances. But non the less, now that Wamu got eaten up by Chase.. Forewarned. I'm in the same boat with you.. Funny, right before the collapse I managed to snag a 0%APR card to transfer some loans to. It was all my fault.

I bet you they were playing Adagio for Strings by Tiesto when they collapsed.. I bet he was their too, hahahahahahahaha I don't know why that's funny..

Like an parallel implosion of sorts

Which one? Booyah!

Chase because they bought Washington Mutual who actually bought Home Savings. I miss Home Savings.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I have no complaints about my dealings with chase. been there like 13 years now.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.