Thread: Protest redlands rave act!!!

Hybrid View

Default Protest redlands rave act!!!

"RIGHT TO DANCE
    Saturday, June 6th '09 (10A-6P)
    Pharaoh's Lost Kingdom Activist Day-Party
    Inviting Electronic Music Enthusiasts & Dancers Statewide!

There are so many issues in this world to be concerned about — who knew one of them was going to be the simple act of dancing?

As you may or may not know, the infamous venue that has been facilitating these types of events for the past two years is now in jeopardy of loosing the Condition Use Permit. As well as the right to produce any type of all-night festival ever again. This is a major sign of discrimination for the electronic music culture, and if the local courts get their way by excluding these events at their venue, the effect will only domino and come to each and every one of our venues and marketing outlets. Regardless of where your events are produced, either your marketing or your capability to run there will be jeopardized.

What promoter or club owner wants to deal with risks such as these? Therefore, this encourages them not to hold raves or any other event attracting members of a subculture such as hip-hop events. The punishments face several, years in prison and huge fines. Basically making it a crime to promote “any rave, dance, music or other entertainment event,” are within the target range, in which drugs are likely to be used.

Clearly the logic here is drug prevention, but what about those who attend the club or rave just to dance? Their right to dance and party is jeopardized here because this law targets the wrong people.

On June 6th, 2009, we invite the promoters, civil libertarians, health care professionals, business leaders and techno music fans gathered by the hundreds in protest of this anti-rave Act in Redlands, CA. The event will feature a variety of performers within the dance music genre, with one stage of music and spoken word. Our location for the demonstration will be released via a second press release slated for mid-May. Please spread the word and let us know if you'd like to become a part of the movement.

This event will raise the awareness of the public to the endangerment of their nightly entertainment. Crowds of concerned youth, adults and DJs of all styles are urged to defend their right to dance and to take responsibility for making parties clean, safe and fun. Groups such as Dance Safe and Right To Dance are collaborating an effort to educate the masses about drug use and abuse.

Cordially,
    Matthew D. Earnest
    818.989.2227 Office
    213.925.8072 Mobile

Matt@Event-Ops.com | www.Event-Ops.com"

Default Re: Protest redlands rave act!!!

Dancing isn't a right. It's a priviledge.

So sad after V-day what happened. I'll try to go
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

Quote Originally Posted by mwallace24 View Post
    "RIGHT TO DANCE
    Saturday, June 6th '09 (10A-6P)
    Pharaoh's Lost Kingdom Activist Day-Party
    Inviting Electronic Music Enthusiasts & Dancers Statewide!

There are so many issues in this world to be concerned about — who knew one of them was going to be the simple act of dancing?

As you may or may not know, the infamous venue that has been facilitating these types of events for the past two years is now in jeopardy of loosing the Condition Use Permit. As well as the right to produce any type of all-night festival ever again. This is a major sign of discrimination for the electronic music culture, and if the local courts get their way by excluding these events at their venue, the effect will only domino and come to each and every one of our venues and marketing outlets. Regardless of where your events are produced, either your marketing or your capability to run there will be jeopardized.

What promoter or club owner wants to deal with risks such as these? Therefore, this encourages them not to hold raves or any other event attracting members of a subculture such as hip-hop events. The punishments face several, years in prison and huge fines. Basically making it a crime to promote “any rave, dance, music or other entertainment event,” are within the target range, in which drugs are likely to be used.

Clearly the logic here is drug prevention, but what about those who attend the club or rave just to dance? Their right to dance and party is jeopardized here because this law targets the wrong people.

On June 6th, 2009, we invite the promoters, civil libertarians, health care professionals, business leaders and techno music fans gathered by the hundreds in protest of this anti-rave Act in Redlands, CA. The event will feature a variety of performers within the dance music genre, with one stage of music and spoken word. Our location for the demonstration will be released via a second press release slated for mid-May. Please spread the word and let us know if you'd like to become a part of the movement.

This event will raise the awareness of the public to the endangerment of their nightly entertainment. Crowds of concerned youth, adults and DJs of all styles are urged to defend their right to dance and to take responsibility for making parties clean, safe and fun. Groups such as Dance Safe and Right To Dance are collaborating an effort to educate the masses about drug use and abuse.

Cordially,
    Matthew D. Earnest
    818.989.2227 Office
    213.925.8072 Mobile

Matt@Event-Ops.com | www.Event-Ops.com"

how about the parents who drop their underage kids off with pockets full of drugs and don't give one shit what is going on in their lives? they are the ones to blame. invite them so you can yell at them. don't blame a city for not wanting this shit around.

and it's not good to put out a press release full of typos and other mistakes.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 05-09-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    how about the parents who drop their underage kids off with pockets full of drugs and don't give one shit what is going on in their lives? they are the ones to blame. invite them so you can yell at them. don't blame a city for not wanting this shit around.

and it's not good to put out a press release full of typos and other mistakes.
    not to mention a website that gives no information

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    how about the parents who drop their underage kids off with pockets full of drugs and don't give one shit what is going on in their lives? they are the ones to blame. invite them so you can yell at them. don't blame a city for not wanting this shit around
    Why the hell would it be the parents fault?
    Its not like kids go to their parents
    "Hey Pop, I'm going to go to a rave, do some e, smoke some weed. Catch ya later."
    "Of course, Bobby. Have fun."
    It really doesnt work like that.
    Most parents discourage drug use.

Quote Originally Posted by c-sanch View Post
    Why the hell would it be the parents fault?
    for being so damn ignorant because their too self consumed with them selves and not the actions/bahavior of their children!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    for being so damn ignorant because their too self consumed with them selves and not the actions/bahavior of their children!!!
    Parents will never be able to have full control of their kids. It seems like alot of people forget that teenagers make their own decisions, and not their parents.
    And also, drugs are illegal for EVERYONE, not just minors.
    I'd like to know what makes it okay for older people to do drugs, but not teenagers.

Quote Originally Posted by c-sanch View Post
    Parents will never be able to have full control of their kids. It seems like alot of people forget that teenagers make their own decisions, and not their parents.
    And also, drugs are illegal for EVERYONE, not just minors.
    I'd like to know what makes it okay for older people to do drugs, but not teenagers.
    parents need to teach their kids to make responsible decisions, though, and that does not appear to be happening as much these days. my gf's sister has 3 kids, one was on his own at 16 and can barely read at 19 years old, one is 16 and living with a friend because his mom is such a fuck up and would rather party than look for a job to keep a roof over their heads, the sister is 10 and is left on her own or dumped off on family so mom can go out and party and spend money she doesn't have. i think it is like that these days for a lot of kids, there are a lot of adults out there that have no business raising kids because they have the mental capacity and responsibility of the kids they are in charge of.

i am responsible for my kids until they are 18 whether they like it or not, i will be involved in as much of their lives as possible up until that point, and hopefully into the future. i will hopefully know what is going on in their lives and will take an interest in anything they have going on so they feel comfortable coming to me with any issues. that's how i was raised, that's how every kid deserves to be raised.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 05-11-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Hippie

Can't we all just Plur?

it's not plursday

Plurtest 09!

Do people still say that still? "the scene" ??? Shit is dead as dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

i'm pretty happy dancing at 21+ clubs where not everyone is all fucked up on drugs lying on the ground giving lightshows anyway

I used to work part time at Game Crazy which was located in the Wal-Mart plaza and on Saturday's I would see all this under age girls dressed in colorful mini skirts. I would wonder how are they allowed outside the house like that with no repricaution.

I have no problem with having a good time, but when it comes to 16 year old girls being drugged out... not cool!!

i might have gone to this stupid thing if they said who would be performing, or any actual info about it...