Thread: 1.8.7, a.k.a. Jordana--who's got some?

Default 1.8.7, a.k.a. Jordana--who's got some?

So my roomie's hard drive crashed unrecoverably a couple months back and one of the pieces of his music collection we've been completely unable to track down through any torrent site or googling of 1.8.7 + torrent or the album names or anything has managed to yield a single result with actual seeders. Anybody got copies of the 1.8.7 albums, or at least a track or two? Anything?

For those of you who don't know what the fuck I'm talking about: 1.8.7 was the recording name of this chick named Jordana LaSesne, one of the first significant American DnB producers. Her shit, particularly in the beginning, was fucking DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE. The story of how she fell from grace despite being one of the only notable DnB acts who had some crossover success is a pretty fascinating tale though.

Specifically, she used to be Joe LaSesne. As a man he was at the forefront of some of the truly evilest, hardest beats out there when Jungle and DnB were starting to get recognized. Then after two (maybe three?) successful albums and a bunch of crossover quasi-hits remixing stuff like Blondie's Atomic into dark-ass Jungle-flavored shit, Joe made the announcement that he was finally fed up with having to live his life as a gender he did not identify with and that he would be undergoing a sex change.

Now, dance music is generally an arena you can consider to be pretty forgiving when it comes to gender-bending shit... unless, that is, you're talking about the hard-edged and much more masculine-leaning scene that was jungle in the late 90s. Joe's announcement that he would become Jordana was not exactly met with open arms. In fact, it was met specifically with at least one closed fist outside a club in Ohio right after she'd finished a set.

Some Ohio homophobe hick--apparently a homophobe hick Junglist, which is a remarkable combination to say the least--ran up and decked the fuck out of shim, and was lifting his leg up to curbstomp the poor fucker when a fan luckily interceded. Hick dude sped off. Then later there was some incident where she was booked for a gig and the promoter who'd booked her picked her up from the airport with another guy riding shotgun, drove her to a shack in the middle of nowhere and said "you're spinning here." Jordana managed to talk herself out of whatever terrible shit these creeps were planning to do to her in the shack and let her go, and ever since she pretty much has been a recluse although I believe she technically releases new music very sporadically.

Anyway, who the fuck has these albums and/or singles? A lot of her shit was on Jungle Sky, so if you have any of their compilations from back in the day there's probably a track or two on there that's her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Default Re: 1.8.7, a.k.a. Jordana--who's got some?

i see When Worlds Collide, The Cities Collection, and Quality Rolls...

Soulseek sadly no worky on my Mac too well, don't know why either. But I suppose I can boot up my Windows box again for this purpose. Good looks, Menik.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I saw her/him LIVE at a rave at the Icehouse in Arizona circa '98 or '99. It was the best Live DnB/Jungle sh!t that I have ever seen. After her/his set my girlfriend (at the time) and I were able to go up to her/him and introduce ourselves and express our gratitude for the amazing set we just witnessed. She/he was very approachable and totally cool.
    11/28 Dixon @ TBA
    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/02 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

Soulseek sadly no worky on my Mac too well, don't know why either. But I suppose I can boot up my Windows box again for this purpose. Good looks, Menik.
    ssx? works fine on my mac.

soulseex
    as predicted by nostradamus

Yeah man, I don't know what the fuck it is but I've never been able to get Ssx to pull up a single hit since I got this macbook. Went through the FAQ troubleshooting, connected to the server, port forwarded... why the fuck is it so much more difficult and with such a shittier GUI on the mac version than the Win?
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

huh. i've never had problems after setting up port forwarding. that's weird.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Ive never been able to get it to work either. I usually do ok with torrents.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Have you tried DC++ ?

Okay, so I managed to get it to kinda work but why do you have to check those boxes to tell it where to fucking search? What the hell? You're a goddamn P2P program, just connect to the server and fucking search everybody. Now I have to go into individual rooms hoping someone in there will actually have what I'm looking for for the search to be worth half a shit?

jared, explain your annoying cocksucker of an OS.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

And it still doesn't pull up 1/100th of what Menik's search does. Fuck this, I'm booting up my VM and loading Soulseek on there. Sometimes I just want to throw this fucking Apple shit out the window.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I'm sure that it is no consolation, but I still have my original hard copy of:

11/28 Dixon @ TBA
    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/02 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

Okay, so I managed to get it to kinda work but why do you have to check those boxes to tell it where to fucking search? What the hell?
    i must have an old version, because i sure as hell dont have to do that...

v 0.9.7c

All I know is the way everything is laid out in the Mac version is fucking retarded. Why in the hell do they feel that they needed to make separate windows for Chat, Searches & Transfers, Users, AND the Console?

Seriously, this is one of my biggest gripes with Mac designed apps. Stop making me go up to the fucking toolbar at the top just to get to a part of your app that should be embedded in the main window to begin with, you cocksuckers.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

Randy, I tried to hook you up with some torrent sites. I can get some of the albums. What are you looking for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

Fuck I haven't heard 187'S name even uttered in years ! Shit now Im gonna have to find that shit before you do!

All I know is the way everything is laid out in the Mac version is fucking retarded. Why in the hell do they feel that they needed to make separate windows for Chat, Searches & Transfers, Users, AND the Console?

Seriously, this is one of my biggest gripes with Mac designed apps. Stop making me go up to the fucking toolbar at the top just to get to a part of your app that should be embedded in the main window to begin with, you cocksuckers.
    yeah. the UI is fucking garbage. but it is 3 fucking years old... and there hasn't been any changes. it was just one dude fucking around.