Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pearl Jam

Default Re: Pearl Jam

Quote Originally Posted by gimpboy76 View Post
    Although they may have bad feelings about that show people were pissed about the venue and took it out on the band. The Polo fields were chosen because they did not have an exclusivity deal with Ticketmaster. Anyway people were tired and dusty and started taking their frustration out on the band by throwing their shoes. I've often thought this is why they've never played Coachella again, especially after their fear of festivals ala Roskilde.

Eddie seemed to be genuinely relieved when there were no problems during their set at Bonnaroo last year. Hopefully that calmed any fears he and the band had about music festivals.

I knew about the shoe thing, but was that really the end of the show? Did they come back out and finish? Or was that the end of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I saw two songs of theirs at Bonnaroo last year and then I literally fled the scene in horror.

I will be raving in the Sahara when they play Coachella
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I saw two songs of theirs at Bonnaroo last year and then I literally fled the scene in horror.

I will be raving in the Sahara when they play Coachella

You still have never explained why you "fled the scene in horror." At least have something to back it up. WHY did you not like it, Salah? Or is it like many things for which you have no basis?

I was in a different state of mind, Eddie Vedder was really scaring me and I just didnt like the music. Thats really it though Tommy, I just didnt like it. Ive never been a Pearl Jam fan though.
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

I was in a different state of mind, Eddie Vedder was really scaring me and I just didnt like the music. Thats really it though Tommy, I just didnt like it. Ive never been a Pearl Jam fan though.

Ah, yes, the drugs.

For people who at least somewhat like their music, they really don't disappoint. I've been a fan since I was 11-years old. The Bonnaroo show was my first time seeing them and it was great. Not unlike seeing The Killers for you (except I didn't make a poster).

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I'll catch PJ live one of these days and would love, love, love to see them at Coachella. It's sort of amazing that they haven't headlined already as it is. But Coachella doesn't like sloppy seconds so their headlining so many festivals this summer leads me to believe that we won't see them in 2010.

I just didnt fully recover from The Jack Johnson Chaos I experienced like an hour earlier. That shit was nuts! If I wasnt tripping so hard I probably wouldve stayed and chilled at PJ. When they came out and started playing and all you could see was Vedder's silhouette I was kinda scared but then the song kick started and all the lights turned on and you could see his massive face on the jumbo screen and his hair flying in the wind my friends and I were like "We need to get the fuck out of here"

I wouldnt have minded seeing another few songs but damn that LSD!!

damn, and they opened with Hard to Imagine at Bonnaroo too...amazing opener...flew to Boston last year and saw them at Mansfield for 2 nights and they opened with it the first night

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

"W.M.A." into "Better Man" into "Black" was one of the better combos I've ever seen at a show. And they did the full version of "W.M.A." first the first time in about 14 years. Man, that was a good night.

Quote Originally Posted by PJandBompton View Post
    damn, and they opened with Hard to Imagine at Bonnaroo too...amazing opener...flew to Boston last year and saw them at Mansfield for 2 nights and they opened with it the first night
    Hard to Imagine is one of my favorite songs PJ does...and is #1 on my list of songs to see live that I haven't yet.

And like I said earlier, people have different tastes in music and that's fine. Salah has the Killers' Day & Age cover art as her avatar, so I wouldn't expect someone like that to like PJ. I just hope that person wouldn't "run away in horror" and would at least give the band a chance if in a sober state of mind.
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I just didnt fully recover from The Jack Johnson Chaos I experienced like an hour earlier. That shit was nuts! If I wasnt tripping so hard I probably wouldve stayed and chilled at PJ. When they came out and started playing and all you could see was Vedder's silhouette I was kinda scared but then the song kick started and all the lights turned on and you could see his massive face on the jumbo screen and his hair flying in the wind my friends and I were like "We need to get the fuck out of here"

I wouldnt have minded seeing another few songs but damn that LSD!!
    This is incredibly comical.

Someone should make a cartoon of this. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

It was a crazy day/night for me. Jack Johnson was INTENSE

That is possibly the most entertainment Jack Johnson has ever been vaguely related to.

Jack Johnson was not intense. The drugs were intense. I feel like I'm picking on you, and I'm sorry for that, but sometimes you need to be told. Smooches.

Who fucking cares? That show was incredible. Banana Pancakes was AWESOME live, I danced so much. Theres a picture on my facebook of me in wings looking really cracked out. That was during Banana Pancakes. I had an Oreo in my pocket with two drops of LSD in it and I was waiting for the perfect time to eat it. I decided what the hell let me just take it now and the second I took it out of my pocket and unwrapped it is when JJ started BP. My mind was blown, it was the one song I wanted to hear. I love Bonnaroo

And yes, both JJ AND the drugs were intense

and just curious...but did you not notice Eddie Vedder play with JJ?

He was there???

He was there???

Who fucking cares? That show was incredible. Banana Pancakes was AWESOME live, I danced so much.
    I find it amusing that you were sooooo out of your mind excited to see the two bands who were the most infinitely hated Coachella bands the past 2 years. Even though one of them was at Bonnaroo.
    9/20 - Crosby, Stills & Nash - Santa Barbara Bowl
    9/21 - Caetano Veloso - Hollywood Bowl
    9/26 - William Basinski - Pasadena Arts Council
    9/28 - Bob Mould - Roxy (?)
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

What are we going to do with you, Salah. Haha. Whatever, we'll roll and check out Perry's stage for a few of the top DJs. You'll be begging for the Sahara next year.
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 05-04-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by unitedwestand View Post
    they do put on a very energetic and by far a worthwhile performance. had the privilage of seeing them back in 06 opening up for tom petty & the heartbreakers.
    ?
    Denver? I was there both nights, 5th and 6th rows...I got a piece of Eddies tambourine when he smashed during the American Girl jam
    Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    it's december and my quarterback is tony romo. i keep hearing he doesn't like to win in december.

Crazy, I most definitely didnt notice Eddie there. I wouldve freaked out!!

And I wasnt excited to see JJ, I wasnt even planning on catching him (I can see where you get that impression though). I just like that song and somehow I ended up there and thats what happened. You know?

ANYWAY

I really didnt mean to hijack the thread. Please continue your love for PJ

edit

One last thing on JJ though. The crowd was INTO IT. That was definitely part of why it was so much fun. The sun was almost done setting, people were drinking, and whistling and flying kites and fucking HOOLA HOOPING. So very surreal and totally Bonnaroo
    Last edited by sbessiso; 05-04-2009 at 08:03 PM.

I'm with you, Jack Johnson is the Shit. I wish I could have been there. I was gonna see him in salt lake until this cunt ripped my heart out.
    it's december and my quarterback is tony romo. i keep hearing he doesn't like to win in december.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    For people who at least somewhat like their music, they really don't disappoint. I've been a fan since I was 11-years old. The Bonnaroo show was my first time seeing them and it was great. Not unlike seeing The Killers for you (except I didn't make a poster).
    Meh, I don't really agree with this statement. They were just okay for me at Lolla '07. I'd like to give them another chance though, thinking hard about this Chicago show.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by unitedwestand View Post
    i was just gonna post that. u gonna go fax?
    Unlikely. I saw them at Soldier Field in Chicago back in 1995. That show made me a fan. I never saw them again and they aren't quite what they were so I don't consider them a priority any longer. I would definitely watch a set if they played a festival I was going to but they aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by SkipLaCombe View Post
    I'm with you, Jack Johnson is the Shit.

I really don't get it. He was decent at Bonnaroo, but his music just flatlines in my opinion.

Anyway, I hope Pearl Jam adds more date. Maybe a Red Rocks show? I'd do my best to be there.

Red Rocks would be the shit, and as for Jack, eh it's just a difference in tastes, mine being good...yours being shitty....

just kidding, Mark hacked my account

The murder capital where we murder for capital

If they play Phoenix I will go. I'm not traveling for them though.