Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 390 of 1135

Thread: Pearl Jam

  1. #361
    old school superfiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    5,698

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    someone find me a $30 ticket for tomorrow. i dont care if its in the back top corner and ill go. but thats all i got. just scoured craigslist and theres nothin below 50
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

  2. #362
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    There are a couple of Ten Club peeps selling their wares for face. I've been refreshing CL like a madman trying to get a leg up on the rest of these skeevy bastards.

  3. #363
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    So, I just scored a pair of Ten Club tickets for the show tonight!!! Not sure where they'll be as I'm meeting the woman right after she picks up the tickets at 1pm. But it's guaranteed to be a good spot on the floor. Anyone in the NW want to go to the show tonight? It's $150 for the pair so $75 for the extra.
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 09-22-2009 at 10:22 AM.

  4. #364
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    20,084

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Dang; late notice. I'd fly up for this if I could.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  5. #365
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Gahh! I just found out myself :-/

  6. #366
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,522

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    I actually enjoyed that first Seattle setlist. Backspacer heavy yes, but I have found myself enjoying backspacer more and more every time. I am STOKED to be seeing them this Friday! First time too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  7. #367
    old school superfiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    5,698

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    So, I just scored a pair of Ten Club tickets for the show tonight!!! Not sure where they'll be as I'm meeting the woman right after she picks up the tickets at 1pm. But it's guaranteed to be a good spot on the floor. Anyone in the NW want to go to the show tonight? It's $150 for the pair so $75 for the extra.
    $30 bucks wooooo
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

  8. #368
    old school PJandBompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Indifference...damn. I'd expect it gets played a bit more now that Ben Harper is opening, i'm sure he'll come out a couple times this tour...

    11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

  9. #369

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    that setlist is actually pretty good all things considered. i mean, sure, too many new songs, but thats expected. the old songs they chose though are all really good ones. opening with long road is bad ass.


    and that poster is fucking awesome. they should have saved that for san diego though, where lots of people actually surf. so cal has gotten the shaft when it comes to posters the last few tours. i have like 10 posters and they are all pretty ugly. kind of lame...
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  10. #370
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,473

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    My Seattle poster from 02 is fucking horrendous. It's this monster looking dude with nothing but a santa hat and thong on. My vegas one from 06 is pretty cool. Is there a PJ poster repository online? I have the PJ vs Ames Bros book (not the special edition), but don't want to scan them in. Someone has to have done this.
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  11. #371
    old school PJandBompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    My Seattle poster from 02 is fucking horrendous. It's this monster looking dude with nothing but a santa hat and thong on. My vegas one from 06 is pretty cool. Is there a PJ poster repository online? I have the PJ vs Ames Bros book (not the special edition), but don't want to scan them in. Someone has to have done this.
    expresso beans

    11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

  12. #372
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    I'm curious to see what the poster looks like tonight. Same one with an updated date? Something new? I sort of hope it's the same with a new date so I don't get tempted to drop another $32.

  13. #373
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    and that poster is fucking awesome. they should have saved that for san diego though, where lots of people actually surf. so cal has gotten the shaft when it comes to posters the last few tours. i have like 10 posters and they are all pretty ugly. kind of lame...
    I will give you that most of the SoCal posters have been pretty f-ing ugly (especially the LA ones), but you didn't dig SD or SB from 2006?

    Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    My Seattle poster from 02 is fucking horrendous. It's this monster looking dude with nothing but a santa hat and thong on. My vegas one from 06 is pretty cool. Is there a PJ poster repository online? I have the PJ vs Ames Bros book (not the special edition), but don't want to scan them in. Someone has to have done this.
    Oh god, I totally remember that thong poster. So awful!

    This is the best I could find in terms of an archive. It is missing recent posters, though. Black Red Yellow used to have that function, but it shifted to a message board only type format.

    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I'm curious to see what the poster looks like tonight. Same one with an updated date? Something new? I sort of hope it's the same with a new date so I don't get tempted to drop another $32.
    You will get a new one tonight.
    For your health

  14. #374

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    My Seattle poster from 02 is fucking horrendous. It's this monster looking dude with nothing but a santa hat and thong on. My vegas one from 06 is pretty cool. Is there a PJ poster repository online? I have the PJ vs Ames Bros book (not the special edition), but don't want to scan them in. Someone has to have done this.
    ha, i have that same one from seattle. there were 2 colors, one from showbox that was red/black/yellow, and one from key arena thats blue/grey. i have the yellow one. they are both ugly, but i think i like the blue/grey colors better.

    and if you just want to find pics to post on here, espresso beans or gigposters are good sites. if you want to browse through the ames bros PJ poster archive, go to their site here: http://www.bigpopposters.com/posterMain.asp?Category=3

    Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    I will give you that most of the SoCal posters have been pretty f-ing ugly (especially the LA ones), but you didn't dig SD or SB from 2006?
    thats funny, i actually like the LA one the best from that tour, with the big wave (anything with a wave works for me), but i actually missed out on this cuz i got their a little late driving from SD. anybody got an extra they want to sell me? the SD one is ok, and so is SB, but not their best work by any means. i think there were 2 SB actually, but i didnt know at the time and got the one with the rhino and birds. i later saw there was a better one from another artist, but i missed out again. fuckin a.
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  15. #375
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    ha, i have that same one from seattle. there were 2 colors, one from showbox that was red/black/yellow, and one from key arena thats blue/grey. i have the yellow one. they are both ugly, but i think i like the blue/grey colors better.

    and if you just want to find pics to post on here, espresso beans or gigposters are good sites. if you want to browse through the ames bros PJ poster archive, go to their site here: http://www.bigpopposters.com/posterMain.asp?Category=3



    thats funny, i actually like the LA one the best from that tour, with the big wave (anything with a wave works for me), but i actually missed out on this cuz i got their a little late driving from SD. anybody got an extra they want to sell me? the SD one is ok, and so is SB, but not their best work by any means. i think there were 2 SB actually, but i didnt know at the time and got the one with the rhino and birds. i later saw there was a better one from another artist, but i missed out again. fuckin a.
    Which wave one are you missing? The purple wave with the hand? Or the neon orange surfer? I think I might be willing to part with either. The neon orange Klausen isn't in mint, if you are looking for that one.
    For your health

  16. #376
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    I'm bummed that the economy is forcing me to miss so many shows!!!! this is terrible!!


    I've seen PJ about 10 times, but not for 8 years or so...I'm living vicariously through this thread
    '99-'11...

  17. #377
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,473

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    ha, i have that same one from seattle. there were 2 colors, one from showbox that was red/black/yellow, and one from key arena thats blue/grey. i have the yellow one. they are both ugly, but i think i like the blue/grey colors better.

    and if you just want to find pics to post on here, espresso beans or gigposters are good sites. if you want to browse through the ames bros PJ poster archive, go to their site here: http://www.bigpopposters.com/posterMain.asp?Category=3
    I also have the yellow one. I framed it and everything. Did you go to those shows? I went to the Key Arena ones, but not the Showbox ones. I was pissed that they never released them as bootlegs, but in a way that makes them more special.
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  18. #378
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    This was the better of the two posters being sold last night...

    http://img28.yfrog.com/i/8yy.jpg/

    But looking at it closer, this looks like it might be tonight's poster. Hmmm....
    For your health

  19. #379
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,473

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Is that Kemp? That poster is badass.
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  20. #380
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,727

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    I'm cursed never to see Pearl Jam live, every time I've had the chance even when I had tickets something always ruins it and so I'm pretty sure they are a band I'm just not supposed to see live
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

  21. #381
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    Is that Kemp? That poster is badass.
    Yep. Just did some research. It is a poster for both nights, so there should be another new one tonight in addition to this.

    BTW, Kemp is saying "Let it Reign" in case you were wondering.
    For your health

  22. #382

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    I also have the yellow one. I framed it and everything. Did you go to those shows? I went to the Key Arena ones, but not the Showbox ones. I was pissed that they never released them as bootlegs, but in a way that makes them more special.
    i went to both showbox and key arena shows. 4 shows in 5 days. that was the best PJ experience of my life. so many lucky things happened its insane.

    i met a guy on the RM message board back then who was coming from london, had an extra key arena fan club ticket (they only did a lottery for those shows, and i didnt win) and was willing to sell me his extra. turned out he ended up getting front row, right in front of mike. there is actually a picture in the tour booklet for that tour of that show where you can see us in the front row.

    showbox night 1 had no tix, went down to venue after work to lurk around and it was madness. at that point i dont think PJ had played a place that small since the early days. was considering dropping a lot to a scalper, but then heard the bouncer say to form a line for a chance to get in, and everybody darted to make a line. they slowly started selling the last extra tix to people in line, and i barely made it in, they stopped the line 2 people behind me, so got in for face value.

    showbox night 2 tried the same thing but didnt work, since word had spread from the night before, so people were lining up since the am. ended up lurking around the back of the venue, and after getting denied a few times, managed to sneak in through some restaurant/bar that was attached to the showbox, and walked right into the show. best feeling ever.

    i've actually kept in touch with that dude to this day and he is coming out from london for the first 2 LA shows. cant fuckin wait. sorry for the long ass story, but im getting pumped for next week!
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

  23. #383
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,473

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    I'm not even sure if we knew about the showbox shows when we came up there. I think we found out by either word of mouth or we saw the showbox marquee from the night before. We didn't arrive until the day of the first key arena night. We had fanclub seats and I think they were pretty good each night. I remember we switched sides between nights, the first night we were lower bowl on Stones side and the next night we were in like the exact same seats, just opposite, on Mikes side. That was my first PJ show and made me a lifelong fan. I have at least traveled to one show every tour since those Seattle dates.
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  24. #384
    old school PJandBompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    3,607

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Doubt there will be a new one tonight...probably just different colors/date...that's how it was on the East Coast tour last year, still got both the Mansfields...sucks they aren't doing the wristbands this year though fuck that was nice...MMJ actually did that as well

    11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

  25. #385
    old school superfiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    5,698

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    i went to both showbox and key arena shows. 4 shows in 5 days. that was the best PJ experience of my life. so many lucky things happened its insane.

    i met a guy on the RM message board back then who was coming from london, had an extra key arena fan club ticket (they only did a lottery for those shows, and i didnt win) and was willing to sell me his extra. turned out he ended up getting front row, right in front of mike. there is actually a picture in the tour booklet for that tour of that show where you can see us in the front row.

    showbox night 1 had no tix, went down to venue after work to lurk around and it was madness. at that point i dont think PJ had played a place that small since the early days. was considering dropping a lot to a scalper, but then heard the bouncer say to form a line for a chance to get in, and everybody darted to make a line. they slowly started selling the last extra tix to people in line, and i barely made it in, they stopped the line 2 people behind me, so got in for face value.

    showbox night 2 tried the same thing but didnt work, since word had spread from the night before, so people were lining up since the am. ended up lurking around the back of the venue, and after getting denied a few times, managed to sneak in through some restaurant/bar that was attached to the showbox, and walked right into the show. best feeling ever.

    i've actually kept in touch with that dude to this day and he is coming out from london for the first 2 LA shows. cant fuckin wait. sorry for the long ass story, but im getting pumped for next week!
    was this showbox sodo or soho? thats bad ass that you saw them at either
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

  26. #386
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Off to night two! Mini review to come later. I suspect it's going to be a similar format, Backspacer heavy, but the hits will be changed up. We shall see. Fingers crossed for W.M.A.

    P.S. - Apologies, superfiction. I'm stretching my budget as it is :-/ Wish I could help.
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 09-22-2009 at 06:22 PM.

  27. #387
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    Jesus. No Way was supposedly soundchecked!
    For your health

  28. #388
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,522

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    I would enjoy that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  29. #389
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    For the song itself and the rarity factor. It has been played 3 times... total. Ever. All in 1998.
    For your health

  30. #390
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Pearl Jam

    New poster for the night. Pretty cool.

    For your health

Similar Threads

  1. Pearl Jam on Saturday?
    By bludevil007 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 04:32 PM
  2. Pearl Jam?
    By walkunafraid in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 12-03-2008, 11:29 PM
  3. PEARL JAM CONFIRMED!!!
    By ao3333 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 01:28 AM
  4. pearl jam?
    By rkawar in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-15-2008, 01:54 PM
  5. Pearl Jam?
    By walkunafraid in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 07:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •