Page 10 of 38 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pearl Jam

Default Re: Pearl Jam

Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    pissed about what? sd is on there.
    The 10C didn't list the date on the email it sent out, so he probably thought it wasn't for sale.
    For your health

new album leaked...
    Let's go on a livin' spree!

Just looked at some recent Pearl Jam setlists... holy shit do they ever change them up every show. There is no way to predict what you are going to hear. I am excited to finally see them later this month. As long as they play Do The Evolution... I don't care what else they play.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Just looked at some recent Pearl Jam setlists... holy shit do they ever change them up every show. There is no way to predict what you are going to hear. I am excited to finally see them later this month. As long as they play Do The Evolution... I don't care what else they play.
    That is what makes them one of the best live bands around. They don't just replicate the same 90 minute setlist night in and night out. And many of their shows push 150 minutes, sometimes even to 3 hours or so. A month from now I will have seen the band 19x live, trust me whether they play DTE or not, you're in for a real treat.
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)
    9/05 - The Rentals - Fonda (?)
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy
    9/13 - Owen Pallett - El Rey (?)
    9/17 - Buzzcocks - Fonda (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I've decided to cough up the $85 if I can score a centrally located ticket in the power level or on the floor of Key Area. Backspacer is fantastic, my time to see these guys has come. Revisiting Ten and Vs. sealed the deal. Love those albums. Now if craigslist can come through for me...

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I've decided to cough up the $85 if I can score a centrally located ticket in the power level or on the floor of Key Area. Backspacer is fantastic, my time to see these guys has come. Revisiting Ten and Vs. sealed the deal. Love those albums. Now if craigslist can come through for me...
    I'd say floor is gonna be damn near impossible because of 10c...

But i still need to take a full listen to Backspacer...i've wanted to hear this album for soooooo long cannot wait to see them in the next month...

11/21 - Pearl Jam - Viejas Arena

I thought so as well but have seen a couple floor tickets pop up. Unfortunetely, they usually have weird requests or large price tags attached to them. Like one dude wanted to trade a Seattle floor seat for a Seahawks @ 49ers ticket next weekend...

Only listened to Backspacer after a good amount of Jack Daniels last night, so I can't give an official statement about it. But I don't recall being particularly wowed.
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Only listened to Backspacer after a good amount of Jack Daniels last night, so I can't give an official statement about it. But I don't recall being particularly wowed.
    Word. I had a few too many coronas last night and didn't wanna listen to it in the wrong state. After 1st listen though sober, ehh

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    damn woozel, you are going to some great shows this fall. I need to pull out my old PJ albums and give them a spin for nostalgic reasons. Saw them in 98 on Halloween night, after they had released their third album - Vitology. The year before they canceled a show here in salt lake city, and Eddie said he would make it up to us, so they played 2 shows and kept ticket prices relatively low.
    Got to hear everything from Corduroy, Animal, Go, Betterman, Spin the Black Circle, Porch, Small town, Black, Oceans, Evenflow, Alive, and a 20 min. version or Rearview Mirror.
    I would be completely floored if PJ got a headlining spot at coachella next year, regardless if they have been touring non-stop. One of the most underrated bands that slays every time they play live.
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

Backspacer is not very good, unfortunately. Maybe 3-4 good songs. At least it is better than Riot Act.
    For your health

i only listened to a couple songs last night before passing out, but it sounded pretty bad. oh well...havent really been that into the last couple albums anyway.

and rocke, stop with your riot act hate, will ya. that album had some solid songs damnit!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Ransom View Post
    and rocke, stop with your riot act hate, will ya. that album had some solid songs damnit!
    Never! That album is bunk.
    For your health

I Am Mine, Green Disease, Can't Keep, Thumbing My Way, and 1/2 Full are all better than most of the songs on Backspacer. But at the same time Backspacer doesn't have the mind-boggling clunkers like You Are, Ghost, and Get Right. So Backspacer wins, but not by much.
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

anybody have any extra tickets for the 1st two LA shows? i got 2 friends from london who are making a last minute trip across the pond and plan on seeing PJ while here.

Aaaaahhhhhh! I just scored a lower bowl, center, row 2 ticket to the first night of PJ in Seattle for 70% of the total ticketmaster price ($60 v $86)! This is going to be so awesome.

geek-out over/

DAMN. That's great! They always bring it setlist-wise when they play Seattle, San Diego, or Chicago. You're in for quite a night!
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Here's a challenge, people.

back in 199x someone gave me a copy of Ten as a gift. I listened to it and hated it. Plodding, klutzy, heavy-handed and dumb, it sounded like Bad Company for emo kids. I tried several times, then put the CD away and have never listened to Pearl Jam since.

the challenge is for you all to convince me otherwise. Telling me to listen to a different album isn't going to do the trick; I have no patience for that. so. Name 3 songs I should listen to to change my opinion.

Go.

PS if any of them sound like "Jeremy" you will have failed.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post

back in 199x someone gave me a copy of Ten as a gift. I listened to it and hated it. Plodding, klutzy, heavy-handed and dumb, it sounded like Bad Company for emo kids. I tried several times, then put the CD away and have never listened to Pearl Jam since.

the challenge is for you all to convince me otherwise. Telling me to listen to a different album isn't going to do the trick; I have no patience for that. so. Name 3 songs I should listen to to change my opinion.

Go.

trust me. no real PJ fan will recommend a song that sounds like Jeremy.

Given to Fly.
    Sad.
    Hard to Imagine.

3 off the head. but 3 of my favorites. Don't take those as a definitive 3 and definitely listen to others input on here...there's just too many songs to narrow it to 3...

Go.

I like your challenge. I am going to recommend 3 songs that are non-single album tracks, as I am assuming you probably have heard (and disliked) many of the singles. How about we go one per album from their 3rd-5th albums? I will try to offer a little diversity. Here we go.

Tremor Christ
    In My Tree
    Brain of J
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    I like your challenge. I am going to recommend 3 songs that are non-single album tracks, as I am assuming you probably have heard (and disliked) many of the singles. How about we go one per album from their 3rd-5th albums? I will try to offer a little diversity. Here we go.

Tremor Christ
    In My Tree
    Brain of J
    totally forgot about In My Tree...awesome song

it sounded like Bad Company for emo kids.
    Because emo kids were so abundant in the '90s.

My 3 (with youtube links so you can hear them asap):

1. Immortality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtcZq7ic4sc

2. Red Mosquito

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSjxh53Ckv4

3. Low Light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=355Mtwpt4K0

Hope this helps!
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Because emo kids were so abundant in the '90s.

My 3 (with youtube links so you can hear them asap):

1. Immortality

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtcZq7ic4sc

2. Red Mosquito

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSjxh53Ckv4

3. Low Light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=355Mtwpt4K0

Hope this helps!
    fucking brilliant 3...

I quite like the past 9 song choices. Excpet for "Immortality," but that's just me. For Tom's convenience, of the 9, I would recommend listening to "Brain of J.," "In My Tree," and "Hard to Imagine," in that order.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Put a boombox playing Sarah McLachlan behind a fan, call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    I quite like the past 9 song choices. Excpet for "Immortality," but that's just me. For Tom's convenience, of the 9, I would recommend listening to "Brain of J.," "In My Tree," and "Hard to Imagine," in that order.
    I wasn't the biggest fan of Immortality til i saw Immagine in Cornice...that version coupled with the visual is breathtaking...

As well, Hard to Imagine as an opener is so damn good...

Funny, I didn't even know/pay attention to "Hard to Imagine" until I saw it live. It's the only opener to a Pearl Jam show I've ever seen but shit if that wasn't the best shows of my life... now I am obsessed with that song.

Also, I find that "Immortality" is the closest the band ever came to a "Jeremy" sequel, so that's why I thought it was a terrible choice for Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by pancakespancakes View Post
    Also, I find that "Immortality" is the closest the band ever came to a "Jeremy" sequel, so that's why I thought it was a terrible choice for Tom.
    Couldn't disagree more. Immortality has nothing close to the gloss and polish of Jeremy and every song on Ten, it sounds like it was recorded in a basement and that's what I love about it. It's my favorite PJ song by a long shot.

Don't listen to him Tom!
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Brain of J. is definately one of my favorite Pearl Jam songs.

I think luckyface's suggestion will be best for Tom.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.