Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 333435363738
Results 1,111 to 1,135 of 1135

Thread: Pearl Jam

Default Re: Pearl Jam

Regarding parking. The structure at Expo and Figueroa is $20.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClaw View Post
    Regarding parking. The structure at Expo and Figueroa is $20.
    Ah, that's the one I was trying to remember. Parked there last time for the RATM show. Thanks
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Wow. I barely know what to say. Wonder what the hell I was thinking to not have seen these guys sooner? Always great to see a band at the top of their game and that's where PJ is right now. Got both Daughter and Elderly Lady. Also got some pretty sweet covers of Pink Floyd's Mother and The Who's Love Reign O'er Me. I suppose I could niggle over the mediocrity that is the LA Sports Arena, but it was hardly noticed. Met lots of great people and got three hours of killer music. Good times!
    Steve Winwood| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds| Echo and the Bunnymen| Echo and the Bunnymen| Paul McCartney| Foxygen| FYF Fest| NIN/Soundgarden|
    Elvis Costello| Swans| Buzzcocks| King Crimson| Elton John| Kasabian| Massive Attack| Massive Attack| Slowdive| Tame Impala| Fleetwood Mac| A Winged Victory for the Sullen

Fantastic shows both nights, but night 1 takes the cake as far as energy goes. The main set on Saturday felt like it flew by, whereas Sunday was pretty mellow in its construction. Liked hearing Go and Blood tonight. Eddie seemed a bit closer to earth tonight vs. yesterday...despite his claims of bringing the wine drinking up to "professional" level mid-set, haha. Amazed they didn't play Smile either night, thought I saw 3 or 4 signs asking for it.

7.23 - White Lung // 8.2-3 - HARD Summer // 8.7 - Jagwar Ma // 8.8 - Flume // 8.10 - Warpaint // 8.23-24 - FYF Fest // 9.5 - Feed Me // 10.8 - Kasabian // 10.12 - Speedy Ortiz // 10.25 - The Afghan Whigs // 10.31 - QotSA Halloween Show! // 4.10-12 - Coachella 2015 W1

Personally, I thought tonight's setlist flowed much better than last night. Although, it seemed like Ed was calling a lot of audibles all night. It'll be interesting to see what the original setlist looked like. But yes, the crowd energy Night 1 was much better. More importantly, though, I finally got Breath! I lost my mind when the first notes hit. Oceans, Immortality, No Way, and Mother were other highlights for me. Just a great way to end my tour. My final rankings for my three shows: No. 1 Phoenix, No. 2 Los Angeles 2, No. 3 Los Angeles 1.

Los Angeles, CA
    LA Sports Arena
    Nov. 24, 2013
    01. Oceans
    02. Low Light
    03. Present Tense
    04. Interstellar Overdrive
    05. Corduroy
    07. Lightning Bolt
    08. Amongst The Waves
    09. My Fatherís Son
    10. Given To Fly
    10. Swallowed Whole
    11. Immortality
    12. Infallible
    13. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    14. Future Days
    15. Even Flow
    16. Do The Evolution
    17. Mind Your Manners
    18. Sirens
    19. No Way
    20. Blood

Encore Break 1
    21. Better Man/Save It For Later
    22. Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall Part 2
    23. After Hours
    24. Sleeping By Myself
    25. Mother
    26. Breath
    27. Go
    28. Porch

Encore Break 2
    29. Last Kiss
    30. Unthought Known
    31. Love, Reign Oíre Me
    32. Alive
    33. Rockiní In The Free World
    Last edited by Footsteps86; 11-24-2013 at 11:58 PM.

That first encore was great. Mother->Breathe->Go->Porch was so strong.
    Last edited by sonnyboy11; 11-25-2013 at 12:08 AM.

That was the Pearl Jam die-hard's absolute dream setlist. Holy shit. I was up in the Concourse tonight, and about 15 people back in GA last night, and I thought tonight blew last night out of the water.

I took my mom to her first PJ show, and aside from it being nearly a dream setlist for me, her getting songs like Daughter, Elderly Woman, Corduroy, and Better Man was just awesome as well. Low Light was the second of my 3 white whale songs I've been able to cross off this past week, leaving Hard to Imagine as the lone remaining. Immortality is my favorite PJ song, and I don't think I've heard it since Irvine '03 I wanna say? Incredible. No Way was amazing to hear...you can't blame the band for a lack of energy from the crowd when they play a song like that the few fanatics go crazy for but the casual fan doesn't know. I applaud them for doing things like that.

The Velvet Underground cover was heartfelt and wonderful. The Pink Floyd cover was absolutely stellar. Only the 2nd time in 22 shows that I've seen Breath, yet again as I was losing my mind people were mostly standing still around me because it's not that well-known of a song. Again, not the band's fault if the crowd's lame.

The San Diego show still remains the finest I've seen from the band, but this is just a notch or two below.
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    8/31 - Sleep - Troubadour (?)
    9/05 - The Rentals - Fonda (?)
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy
    9/13 - Owen Pallett - El Rey (?)

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

I also took my mom and we were in concourse singing our asses off with everyone else! Amazing night
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    They check your age at a rave? That means its not a rave.

Quote Originally Posted by TallGuyCM View Post
    Low Light was the second of my 3 white whale songs I've been able to cross off this past week, leaving Hard to Imagine as the lone remaining.
    Like has been mentioned, lots of audibles called tonight. It does kind of kill me that they had planned on playing Hard to Imagine and scrapped it. Fuck. Oh well.

8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy

I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Seeing that set list from last night kills me. KILLS me. Jesus. I was ok with missing SD and LA I, but I'm so bummed with what I missed yesterday. Portland, please be as special.
    For your health

I think you'll definitely get something special in Portland. They'll have had two days of rest just like they did for Phoenix and look how that turned out for us. This might sound odd, but seeing Ledbetter crossed off stings the most for me. I haven't had it close a show since MSG 2 in 2008 and it would've been the perfect way to end my three show run. What a great run it was, though. Got to to take my mom to her first PJ show in Phoenix and what an incredibly high bar that set for her, especially with us being on the rail. LA Night 1 marked my dad's sixth PJ show. Then on Sunday I got to take both my mom and dad to a show for the first time since I didn't have 10C tickets. Just a great, great week. Here's to hopefully getting out to some shows in 2014. I got to cross off Breath from my top 3, but I'm still chasing In My Tree and Wash. I'll go to the ends of the earth to hear them if I have to.

Last night was insane and amazing. Ended up 1 back from the stage and watching Eddie make all those changes was something else. Picking between the two setlists, I'd probably pick night 1 because of Release, Garden and Black, three songs I've never managed to hear live before.

Quote Originally Posted by Footsteps86 View Post
    Here's to hopefully getting out to some shows in 2014. I got to cross off Breath from my top 3, but I'm still chasing In My Tree and Wash. I'll go to the ends of the earth to hear them if I have to.
    After seeing 5 shows in 2009 and not being able to cross any off my list, I'm extremely happy to have crossed off In Hiding and Low Light this time around. With Hard to Imagine remaining, the next ones that have moved up to #2 and #3 are Wash and Smile.
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Back home in Arizona now and I think I'm starting to enter the first stages of Post Tour Depression. Here are some shots I took at the LA shows.

Night 1:

Night 2:

8/29-Classixx (Crescent Ballroom)
    9/19-Eric Prydz (The Pressroom)
    10/1-The Gaslight Anthem (Marquee Theatre)
    10/10-12-Austin City Limits Weekend 2
    10/24-Warpaint (The Pressrom)
    10/25-Arctic Monkeys (Comerica Theatre)
    10/30-Jimmy Eat World (Marquee Theatre)
    11/3-Yelle (Crescent Ballroom)
    11/10-The Black Keys (US Airways Center)
    11/12-Judas Priest (Jobing.com Arena)
    4/10-12-Coachella Weekend 1

Bastards in Oakland got Thin Air AND Smile tonight. 3 hours 23 minutes, exactly how long the SD show was, an extra half hour longer than the LA shows were.
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Awesome. I was at Sunday's show and honestly it was just the right length. The three hours flew by.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Yeah, looks like Oakland got a really great show. Would have loved to have heard Smile and Fuckin' Up at one of my three shows. Who ever thought that Phoenix, Oakland and Charlottesville would get three of the best shows of the tour? I mean, everyone kind of always suspects San Diego will get a great show because of the connections, so that wasn't too big of a surprise. Faithful was played for a Brazilian fan who got mugged outside the arena in the morning and had everything taken from her (money, cards and passport). She's been at every show since Phoenix and is supposed to continue on through Seattle. Sucks to hear that happened.

Oakland, CA
    Oracle Arena
    Nov 26, 2013
    01. Pendulum
    02. Nothingman
    03. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    04. Why Go
    05. Hail Hail
    06. Lightning Bolt
    07. Mind Your Manners
    08. Dissident
    09. Faithful
    10. Setting Forth
    11. Corduroy
    12. Even Flow
    13. Sirens
    14. Daughter
    15. Unthought Known
    16. Let The Records Play
    17. Down
    18. State Of Love And Trust
    19. Better Man/Save It For Later

Encore Break 1
    20. After Hours
    21. Yellow Moon
    22. Last Kiss
    23. Just Breathe
    24. Thin Air
    25. Given To Fly
    26. Untitled
    27. MFC
    28. Big Wave
    29. Do The Evolution
    30. New World w/John Doe
    31. Porch

Encore Break 2
    32. Smile
    33. Crazy Mary
    34. Black
    35. Alive
    36. Fuckin' Up
    37. Indifference

Got tickets for Oakland at the last minute, so glad I was able to. What a great set. Epic performance.

There was also a really nice moment during the encore when the band went over and played "Last Kiss" in front of the Bridge School students who were in attendance.

Note to self: travel to every PJ show that comes after a two-day break. Animal, Deep, You Are, Last Exit and All Those Yesterdays jump out at me when I look at the setlist. I knew Portland would get something pretty special. They also got a kinda sorta Sleater-Kinney reunion with a dash of R.E.M. thrown in during RITFW.

Portland, OR
    Rose Garden
    Nov. 29 2013
    01. Pendulum
    02. Low Light
    03. Sometimes
    04. Interstellar Overdrive
    05. Corduroy
    06. Lightning Bolt
    07. Mind Your Manners
    08. Animal
    09. Deep
    10. Sirens
    11. Even Flow
    12. You Are
    13. Given To Fly
    14. Infallible
    15. After Hours
    16. Spin The Black Circle
    17. Rats
    18. Lukin
    19. Last Exit
    20. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1
    21. The End
    22. Yellow Moon
    23. All Those Yesterdays
    24. Just Breathe
    25. Mother
    26. State Of Love And Trust
    27. Why Go
    28. Porch

Encore Break 2
    29. Better Man/Save It For Later
    30. Wasted Reprise
    31. Life Wasted
    32. Black
    33. Alive
    34. Rockiní In The Free World w/ Carrie Brownstein, Peter Buck, Scott McCaughey, Janet Weiss, Corin Tucker

Steve Gleason wrote the setlist for the second time this tour. The crowd convinced/pressured Stone to sing! Ed saw someone holding a sign that said "Jeremy Spokane Class Today" and a guy was holding a sign saying he'd shave his head if they played it. The guy had super long dreads. The band played Jeremy and later brought the guy up on stage and had Ed shave the guy's head. Heading into the stretch run with just three shows left; Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle.

Spokane, WA
    Spokane Arena
    Nov. 30, 2013
    Set List
    01. Pendulum
    02. Release
    03. Sirens
    04. Corduroy
    05. Once
    06. Lightning Bolt
    07. Mind Your Manners
    08. Faithfull
    09. Tremor Christ
    10. Even Flow
    11. Getaway
    12. Present Tense
    13. Swallowed Whole
    14. Daughter
    15. After Hours
    16. Let The Records Play
    17. Push Me, Pull Me
    18. Jeremy
    19. Do The Evolution
    20. Porch

Encore Break 1
    21. I Won't Back Down
    22. Nothing As It Seems
    23. Footsteps
    24. Severed Hand
    25. Donít Gimme No Lip
    26. Brain Of J/Dread Shave Blues Jam
    27. Go
    28. Black
    29. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 2
    30. Given To Fly
    31. Eruption
    32. Ain't Talkin' 'bout Love
    33. Alive
    34. Yellow Ledbetter

So I never posted about my experience with the Portland show. Great crowd, great set, and a pretty good setlist. It is unbelievable how quickly the show zoomed by. And you never knew what was coming next outside of the pretty standard placement of songs from the new album. The new album songs definitely sound better live, too. For the special guests, I actually didn't know definitively who the REM guys were until after the show since I couldn't understand what Ed was mumbling when he introduced them (he was fucking HAMMERED. I just heard him say "Blhsljldhla Buck", so I thought it could be Peter Buck. Never had any clue who Scott was). I am not a S-K fan at all, but I guess it is a big deal they were on stage together. Corin's voice wasn't unbearable, so that's good! I have heard her butcher some songs on bootlegs, so her portion of the song was definitely better than what I had heard in the past.

It has been a little tough seeing all of these songs I had never heard being played in the shows immediately before or after the Portland show, but what can you do? Smile, Fuckin' Up, and No Way remain my top 3 songs I want to hear live that I have yet to hear. I also really wanted Hard to Imagine and Of the Girl (both played last night). I am bummed that I don't get to see them again this tour, as they are in great form.
    For your health

Last night was incredible. Velvet Underground cover was awesome as well as Eddie singing Homer's Mr. Plow song because we've been getting shit kicked by a blizzard the last couple of days.
    Last edited by Shaxspear; 12-03-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

Oh suuuuure...now they decide to break out some Binaural. Bastards. Final show of the tour tomorrow in Seattle. Wonder what the over/under on songs played is set at?

Vancouver, BC
    Rogers Arena
    Dec 04, 2013
    01. Oceans
    02. Canít Keep
    03. Low Light
    04. Corduroy
    05. Breakerfall
    06. Mind Your Manners
    07. Why Go
    08. Godís Dice
    09. Lightning Bolt
    10. In Hiding
    11. Even Flow
    12. Setting Forth
    13. Not For You/Modern Girl
    14. Daughter/Itís OK
    15. Infallible
    16. After Hours
    17. Sirens
    18. Jeremy
    19. Gonna See My Friend
    20. Improv
    21. Porch

Encore Break 1
    22. Soon Forget
    23. Yellow Moon
    24. Thumbing My Way
    25. Footsteps
    26. Mother
    27. Insignificance
    28. Given To Fly
    29. Got Some
    30. Better Man/Save It For Later

Encore Break 2
    31. Go
    32. Do The Evolution
    33. Black
    34. Alive
    35. Kick Out The Jams w/ Mark Arm and Steve Turner of Mudhoney
    36. Yellow Ledbetter

Not sure if it's been mentioned here, or if there's interest, but Pearl Jam is featured quite well, and rather prominently, in the new movie Out of the Furnace.

Casey Affleck mentioned on Conan the other night that Eddie contacted him about contributing music for the film, and that he re-recorded Release for it and gave him tickets for one of the LA shows. Which makes sense now, because I spotted him near where Tim Robbins was sitting night 1 and I remember thinking that I hadn't heard of him being a fan of the band before.
    8/28 - Ty Segall - Echo
    9/11 - Swans - Roxy

last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare