Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Girl Talk

Default Re: Girl Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Son of MJK View Post
    looking forward to seeing his live performance at coachella
    Funny, calling it a "live" performance when all he does is press a button and lets his pre-made mix play.

Might catch it if there ain't no one better when he goes on.

You can always say 'it's not live' for any electronic / DJ performance. I never know what the hell they're doing with their laptops, they could be playing Minesweeper for all I know.

For me, electronic/DJ shows are more about the crowd than about the performance. Sure it matters what they do onstage and the light show and such, but really it's about how the crowd reacts to the music that sets the mood. And the crowd during Girl Talk goes apeshit. I don't know what happened in Vegas but here in Seattle it was f'in crazy.

girl talk is going to play in the middle of the day and nobody will be able to get on stage and it will be the most pathetic shit in the history of coachella. the best case scenario (for him) would be playing the sahara and bringing along backup dancers, so at least there would be something to look at, but even then it will be a horrible performance and you will hate yourself for ever being excited to see it and you will fall into a deep depression for forty days and forty nights and at the end of the fortieth day you will give all your money to charity and backpack across asia looking for the meaning of life and all of this because you were overly excited about a dude playing shitty mashups out of a laptop!

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    girl talk is going to play in the middle of the day and nobody will be able to get on stage and it will be the most pathetic shit in the history of coachella. the best case scenario (for him) would be playing the sahara and bringing along backup dancers, so at least there would be something to look at, but even then it will be a horrible performance and you will hate yourself for ever being excited to see it and you will fall into a deep depression for forty days and forty nights and at the end of the fortieth day you will give all your money to charity and backpack across asia looking for the meaning of life and all of this because you were overly excited about a dude playing shitty mashups out of a laptop!
    HAhahahaha, I'm rather fond of Girl Talk, but every time you post mocking him I lol.

i think the quality of his coachella performance will be somewhat based on the vibe from the crowd there ... no matter what time. i've seen acts early in the day before that absolutely kicked ass. will have to see. personally, i think his stuff is fantastic but it will be tough to make a laptop act exciting. plan to be there unless there's some overweighing conflict. actually, looking at the poster looks like he'll be on after DJ Heather whose recorded stuff doesn't sound too earth-shattering to me.

go ahead "trick" ... we need another post bashing girl talk now .... it hasn't gotten redundant yet -- has it?
    Go Green.
    Coachella '05-'13
    Outside Lands '12-'13

That's ok, he's coming to Vancouver on June 9th. I'll be dancing on the stage then.
    :P

Bumped for Trick_Loves_The_Kids and everyone else who's getting so worked up over a dude who plays shitty mashups on his Dell laptop.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by ethan View Post
    I can't fucking wait. too bad he'll probably go on at noon or something awful.
    i dont really think so. Just cuz theyre far down on the list doesn't mean they go on earlier. I remember one year pinback was like half way down on the lineup and they played the same time as NIN

Night Ripper = One of the top 10 albums of 2006.

The "Oh Bondage, Up Yours!" / "Tiny Dancer" / "Juicy" bit is just sublime. Oh yeah, I also love the Pixies and Nirvana drum parts mixed in with all the other shit...

I think Girl Talk can take the so-called "mash-up" genre to the next level, make it truly a fine art... He just needs another two years or so to perfect it.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.

laptop acts are boring? what do you think daft punk was using?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Was this not the show being headlined by Kanye West? Hmm, doesn't seem like that'd draw exactly the most open-minded and appreciative listeners. From what I've seen on videos, Girl Talk puts on a great show. Laptop performances may not be as exciting as a rock band, but they have their own appeal.
    They were appreciative of Gnarles Barkley, which is galaxies away from Kanye. And yes, a bunch of stupid, no-rhythm-having white boys jumping and skipping around on stage is "a great show". Go fuck yourself.

And, your posts are frequently annoying and inane. Go back to grammar school.
    Put me on ignore, stop posting here, or kill yourself.

All options for you to avoid my posts. Chose wisely.

E

Banned

SPEAK UP, IT'S HARD TO HEAR WHEN AEROSMITH'S "WALK THIS WAY" AND CRIME MOB'S "KNUCK IF YOU BUCK" ARE PLAYING SIMULTANEOUSLY
    That's the beauty, trick.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixsky View Post
    That's the beauty, trick.
    fuck girl talk

shouts to j-rav in the 831.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daftmonkey64 View Post
    i dont really think so. Just cuz theyre far down on the list doesn't mean they go on earlier. I remember one year pinback was like half way down on the lineup and they played the same time as NIN
    I'd have to agree, all the hype that's built up over this dude may bring him up a bit into one of the over-hyped reserved spots. my guess is ~5-6 in the Gobi. That's kind of a transition set before the legit big acts start popping up.

Banned

BRING THE SANDWICHES!! HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICHES!! *inaudible*

SANDWICHES!!!

E

Banned

Ridiculous.

E

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    BRING THE SANDWICHES!! HAM AND CHEESE SANDWICHES!! *inaudible*

SANDWICHES!!!

E
    WHO CAME TO THIS BITCH TO PARTY!!! GET UP ON STAGE!!!!! WOOOOO!!!!! DANCE LIKE YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF ANY OF THE BETTER DANCE ACTS PLAYING IN THE NEXT FEW HOURS!

Ha. Looks like you were wrong.

A very guilty pleasure of mine.

Boys Noize > Girl Talk

^^ Yeah of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Fro View Post

Boys Noize > Girl Talk

I used to edit videos and commercials for that fucking comapany that puts on all of those stupid shows. Hilarious.

On another note, I can't wait till the 26th at The Metro in Chicago when Girl Talk rips my head off.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

cough

jesus tap dancing christ, people, who can anyone possibly still be talking about this guy?

(btw, i'm not hypocritically bagging on the thread itself, I'm just bagging on Girl Talk the artist in the purest, traditional, cherished and time-honored hater way)

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Fro View Post
    Boys Noize > Girl Talk
    boyz noise is shit, but anything is better than girl talk. so that's not saying much.

Boyz Noize is cool with me.

girl talk is still wack as fuck

I Like Night Ripper. I miss Delta's quirky remarks.
    Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiieeeeeeeee!

I liked that Peter, Bjorn & John remix that he did.

He's Craxy talented.
    Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiieeeeeeeee!

Can I still listen to Flosstradamus though?