Thread: Sunline bus from Palm Springs to Indio

Lurker

Thumbs up Sunline bus from Palm Springs to Indio

I keep seeing threads where people are asking for transportation from the Palm Springs airport to Coachella.
    There is a bus that runs right from the airport into Indio, it drops you off at the In and Out burger which is about 3 miles from the festival grounds.

IT COSTS A DOLLAR!

It runs like all day long. From about 5am to 10ish or something and it runs 7 days a week.

http://www.sunline.org/home/index.asp
    route number 111.

I took it last year and while its probably slower than taking a cab, it costs only one dollar!

Seriously, dont waste your money on cabs (costs about 100 bucks) or rental cars, take the bus then buy yourself an extra shirt with all the money you'll save
    : )

ova

Default Re: Sunline bus from Palm Springs to Indio

I want to catch the bus from Palm Springs airport, does route 111 go directly to/from the airport? or will I have to transfer? like the sunline site doesn't have the best maps & i don't know california at all.. I'm trying to kinda figure it out with the help of mapquest, but it's a little much...

also how far is the bus stop from from the airport?

what's the walk like from the bus stop to the campsite?(is it hilly, are there lots of trees?, is it easy to hitch a ride or like call a cab in the area? I asking because like I'm going by myself, and like I'm going to have to carry everything by my self, and I'm hoping to head to the campgrounds at about 3-5ish, which means it will probably be really hot & and I don't want to like pass out as I'm walking..

Quote Originally Posted by JinaZ View Post
    I want to catch the bus from Palm Springs airport, does route 111 go directly to/from the airport? or will I have to transfer? like the sunline site doesn't have the best maps & i don't know california at all.. I'm trying to kinda figure it out with the help of mapquest, but it's a little much...

what's the walk like from the bus stop to the campsite?(is it hilly, are there lots of trees?, is it easy to hitch a ride or like call a cab in the area? I asking because like I'm going by myself, and like I'm going to have to carry everything by my self, and I'm hoping to head to the campgrounds at about 3-5ish, which means it will probably be really hot & and I don't want to like pass out as I'm walking..
    Christ, what an eyesore... you didn't have to "yell" your question.

Lurker

haha. ya, easy on the bold. makin my eyes bleed.

to answer your question, the stop for the 111 is right at the airport. like 2 minutes out the doors. you can ask one of the security people inside the terminal where the bus stop is, theyll help you.

you will probably not want to walk from the bus stop to the campsite, while it can be done (its only 3 miles afterall), it probably wouldnt be that enjoyable in the heat. hitchhiking is easy. last year i grabbed a burger and by the time i was done eating it i had a ride. easy peasy. you could also call a cab, theres a payphone right behind the in and out burger.

hahahahahaha! i walked from the bus to the campsite last year it was so hot, and i thought it would never end, but it added to the fun! i walked back again on monday morning.

Thanks so much for this thread

This is what I will probably be doing. Minus, the walking bit.
    Cheers Thanks.
    I'm trying to get a feeling from the city, but I've been unfaithful.. I've been traveling abroad.

LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Talking Re: Sunline bus from Palm Springs to Indio

Quote Originally Posted by ovarated View Post
    the in and out burger.
    Just seeing that name makes me SMILE

Luxury Hotels Palm Springs I want to catch the bus (Tour Palm Springs bus) from Palm Springs airport, does route 111 go directly to/from the airport? or will I have to transfer? like the sunline site doesn't have the best maps & i don't know california at all.. I'm trying to kinda figure it out with the help of mapquest, but it's a little much...
    LOL - I've accidentally done all caps and bold by mistake...funny how it's not acceptable--perceived as yelling--by me, too.
    Last edited by ValleyGirl; 04-07-2010 at 04:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyGirl View Post
    LOL - I've accidentally done all caps and bold by mistake...funny how it's not acceptable--perceived as yelling--by me, too.
    Have you ever accidently posted to a thread without realizing it was almost 2 years old? God, it's almost as bad as posting in all caps and bold, and makes me wanna scream!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I want to catch the bus from Palm Springs Hotels Palm Springs Pet Friendly Hotels airport, does route 111 go directly to/from the airport? or will I have to transfer? like the sunline site doesn't have the best maps & i don't know california at all.. I'm trying to kinda figure it out with the help of mapquest, but it's a little much...

Ya I was thinking the same thing..
    Oh well. Let's just all get along and have fun

I got onto a bus at the Indio greyhound station one year (2005 or 2007); everything was full and this Sunline ( i think) bus pulled up, loaded us on, didn't bother taking our tickets, and took us to the Greyhound station in Riverside where we transfered to a regular route heading south. It was clearly a latino oriented bus, mariachi type music played over the PA, the driver spent most the drive using Nextel Direct Connect to talking to someone in Spanish.

Seriously.

I was so fucking glad to get out of the endless line in Indio and start heading towards home. I would have ridden a donkey cart if it would have stopped.
    02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.2

I keep seeing threads where people are asking for transportation from the Palm Springs Hotels airport to Coachella.
    There is a bus that runs right from the airport into Indio, it drops you off at the In and Out burger the best Palm Springs Attractions, which is about 3 miles from the festival grounds.

IT COSTS A DOLLAR!

It runs like all day long. From about 5am to 10ish or something and it runs 7 days a week.

Seriously, dont waste your money on cabs (costs about 100 bucks) or rental cars, take the bus then buy yourself an extra shirt with all the money you'll save

ova
    This is the best advice I have heard in a long time!
    Thanks for the hot tip!!!

Stephen R.

I keep seeing threads where people are asking for transportation from the Hotel Palm Springs airport to Coachella.
    There is a bus that runs right from the airport into Indio, it drops you off at the In and Out burger which is about 3 miles from the Luxury Hotels Palm Springs and festival grounds.

IT COSTS A DOLLAR!

http://www.sunline.org/home/index.asp
    route number 111.

I took it last year and while its probably slower than taking a cab, it costs only one dollar!

ova
    I'm not sure how I had never heard about this before. This is a great deal! Just as you stated, definitely don't take a cab because they try to nickel and dime you. Last year the hotel I stayed at provided a shuttle service for the guests to use. That was pretty convenient, but then again it cost a lot to stay there. Thanks for the heads up on this, I will definitely use the Sunline bus next year.
    "You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." San Diego Hotels Hotels in Palm Springs Cheap Palm Springs Hotels

what is the stop to get off closest to coachella called?

Bump? Is this valid?

I took the bus once, would totally do it again

Quote Originally Posted by dauriala View Post
    what is the stop to get off closest to coachella called?
    I got off at a supermarket, think it was on Jefferson?

Crazy, I think I just PMed you on a Muse board, and my name was deadwing, which is your avatar here.

Quote Originally Posted by thekube View Post
    Crazy, I think I just PMed you on a Muse board, and my name was deadwing, which is your avatar here.
    You sure did, friend. Haha.