Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 56

Thread: Coachella & Organics

  1. #1

    Smile Coachella & Organics

    i couldn't find many organics offerings in terms of food and drinks last year. i think coachella should only sell organic products, hopefully from companies with strong sustainability platforms ( maybe a stretch).

    for example, last year if you were thirsty and were not a water drinker, your only choices were gatorade (gross) and that function drink (worst $4 i ever spent).
    Luckily last year Honest TEA ( my favorite drink) had their marketing teams in the parking lots with cold and ORGANIC drinks, less sweet than gatorade and funktion.

    i hope they come back this year......... anyone know anything?

  2. #2
    old school
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,355

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    How can you be an organic folk, and not even drink water O_O
    somethings messed up right there

  3. #3

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    i love water, but sometimes ya just want a little flavor in your life....... but i dont want obscene amounts of sugar and preservatives which is pretty much what gatorade and function are. have you ever read ( or tried) their ingredients list!?... i couldn't pronounce half the ingredients in a function or gatorade...... honest tea's have like 3-5 simple ingredients in them.... if i cant pronounce it, im not eating or drinking it!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #4
    Member TonyWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,204

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    They should have a Maine Root Soda booth like they have at ACL...their organic cactus juice and agave lemonade is the best!


    10/02 Beck - Stubb's
    10/03 The Preatures - Holy Mountain
    10/11 J Roddy Walston - Stubb's
    11/7,8,9 Fun Fun Fun - Auditorium Shores
    11/17 Blonde Redhead - The Mohawk
    11/23 Caribou, Jessy Lanza - The Mohawk
    11/26 FKA Twigs - The Parish

    07, 08, 09, 10, 12.1, 13.1, 14.1

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    736

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    whats with this organic hippie bullshit

    theres a reason why i leave LA for this

  6. #6
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,141

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by jamMonster View Post
    i couldn't pronounce half the ingredients in a function or gatorade......
    you are an adult and can't even sound out those words? maybe you need some of the chemicals in the food you refuse to eat to preserve your brain.

    try and sound these out: water, sucrose syrup, glucose-fructose syrup, citric acid, natural and artificial flavors, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phosphate, ester gum, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, yellow 5
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-02-2009 at 08:07 AM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    you dont have to be a hippy to drink organics........... where's the love????
    all im saying is that when its that hot, the last thing you need is a crappy synthetic beverage and fake food in your system..... p.s. the fresh coconuts are amazing....

  8. #8
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,141

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    they're not organic.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    you are an adult and can't even sound out those words? maybe you need some of the chemicals in the food you refuse to eat to preserve your brain.

    try and sound these out: water, sucrose syrup, glucose-fructose syrup, citric acid, natural and artificial flavors, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phosphate, ester gum, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, yellow 5
    .....
    i CAN sound them out, but do i want them in my body?...NO!! obviously i wont say the same about you and your soon to be rotten insides......


    Dont be afraid of organics........

  10. #10
    Member Jremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    402

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by unknowndrummer66 View Post
    whats with this organic hippie bullshit

    theres a reason why i leave LA for this
    LA... Organic?
    Check out my video from Coachella 2009: http://vimeo.com/8813764
    Quote Originally Posted by coachellalove View Post
    ill sleep with Jremy at the drop of a hat.

    just sayin.

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    736

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by Jremy View Post
    LA... Organic?
    i live between two farmers markets

    and the people that go to these farmer markets are the worst

  12. #12

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Anyone heard any rumblings and grumblings about what beverages they;ll be offering at the main concessions??

  13. #13
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,141

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by jamMonster View Post
    .....
    i CAN sound them out, but do i want them in my body?...NO!! obviously i wont say the same about you and your soon to be rotten insides......


    Dont be afraid of organics........
    most shit that is claimed to be organic still has pesticides, etc. in/on it, just not as much. truth.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-02-2009 at 08:57 AM.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    if its Vitamin Water (aka Fructose Water), im selling my tickets on craigslist........

  15. #15
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,141

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    little bitch.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    most shit that is claimed to be organic still has pesticides, etc. in/on it, just not as much. truth.

    if it has the USDA Organic seal on it, then it does not have pesticides.....if something claims to be all natural then it can pesticides on it. do some research next time......

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    736

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by jamMonster View Post
    if its Vitamin Water (aka Fructose Water), im selling my tickets on craigslist........
    you are such a cunt

  18. #18
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,141

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by jamMonster View Post
    if it has the USDA Organic seal on it, then it does not have pesticides.....if something claims to be all natural then it can pesticides on it. do some research next time......
    you believe what you want as your insides rot just a little slower than mine from the chemicals you think you are avoiding.

  19. #19

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    you believe what you want as your insides rot just a little slower than mine from the chemicals you think you are avoiding.

    im pretty sure im avoiding them if they are not in the product. pretty simple....... whats your drink of choice, just steve?

  20. #20
    Member beavington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ventura, CA
    Posts
    1,860

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by jamMonster View Post
    i couldn't find many organics offerings in terms of food and drinks last year. i think coachella should only sell organic products, hopefully from companies with strong sustainability platforms ( maybe a stretch).

    for example, last year if you were thirsty and were not a water drinker, your only choices were gatorade (gross) and that function drink (worst $4 i ever spent).
    Luckily last year Honest TEA ( my favorite drink) had their marketing teams in the parking lots with cold and ORGANIC drinks, less sweet than gatorade and funktion.

    i hope they come back this year......... anyone know anything?
    you didnt look very far, but i am sure you really wanted something to complain about rather than refresh yourself.

    They had a great lemonade called Olade...
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

    Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

  21. #21

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by unknowndrummer66 View Post
    you are such a cunt
    unnecessary..... please try responding with some mature substance instead of letting loose with idiotic Beavis and Butthead responses......

  22. #22

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by beavington View Post
    you didnt look very far, but i am sure you really wanted something to complain about rather than refresh yourself.

    They had a great lemonade called Olade...
    thats true, i do remember the Olade in the plastic bottle. i would drink that over Function any day..... however it was a little to sweet for my taste, which is why i really like the Honest Tea, it was a little less sweet....... for the record if you haven't already notices - i'm obsessed with Honest Tea....anyone who hasn't tried it should check it out......

  23. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    736

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by jamMonster View Post
    unnecessary..... please try responding with some mature substance instead of letting loose with idiotic Beavis and Butthead responses......

    unnecessary?....kinda like......your ellipses.......cunt.....

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie SFChrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    live in Pacifica Work 'n Play in SF
    Posts
    6,102

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    you believe what you want as your insides rot just a little slower than mine from the chemicals you think you are avoiding.
    denial will deteriorate someone just as quickly...

  25. #25
    old school eskamo951's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Valley of the Dirt People
    Posts
    3,343

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    they had smoothies last year...i'm pretty sure they were organic...the lady selling them looked kinda hippie-ish...but I lost in my own world when I bought it...
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

    2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

    Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

  26. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    hollywood
    Posts
    736

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by eskamo951 View Post
    they had smoothies last year...i'm pretty sure they were organic...the lady selling them looked kinda hippie-ish...but I lost in my own world when I bought it...
    there was also that organic cafe too

  27. #27

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by unknowndrummer66 View Post
    unnecessary?....kinda like......your ellipses.......cunt.....
    uh oh... can someone grab unknowndrummer66 a diaper. i mean really, what a baby. you need to chill out dude and stop being angry for no reason. you obviously have the verbal skills of a vulgar baby.

  28. #28
    Member Carnie100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    332

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    Quote Originally Posted by unknowndrummer66 View Post
    unnecessary?....kinda like......your ellipses.......cunt.....
    Hey I keep meaning to ask you, your avatar is the Brain Fuggler right?
    Quote Originally Posted by lizng View Post
    Nickelback to me is like walking into an ethnic restaurant and asking to have some unoriginal American cuisine like chicken tenders with a side of ranch dressing.

  29. #29
    Member BrettShipes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    801

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    You're all wrong:

    From the USDA website:

    Although the term "organic" has not yet been defined by USDA, and may not be used by itself as a claim on labeling of meat and poultry products, we are aware of the publicís interest in "organic" food, including "organic" meat and poultry products. On January 14, 1999, FSIS released labeling policy guidance that permits the use of the claim "certified organic by.... (name of a certifying entity)," on meat and poultry products produced under Federal inspection. By this action FSIS has not defined the term "organic" or the criteria for applying the term to the labeling of agricultural products. Another agency in the USDA is responsible for defining the criteria for using the term "organic."

    So "Organic" means NOTHING because it hasn't been defined as anything. So much for your Honest Tea theory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I walked straight in with a mixed drink in a 20oz Dixie cup in one hand, and an unopened beer in the other. I fully intended to toss them in the box, but CSC was waving and hurrying me through.

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,465

    Default Re: Coachella & Organics

    how you be a humna being and not be a "water drinker?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •