Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37

Thread: Where's Waldo?

  1. #1
    old school Fourthisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    3,278

    Question Where's Waldo?

    Well, it turns out this year he was in the Sahara Tent all along!

    Thanks for playing, kids. Tune in next year and try and find him all over again!!

    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b


  2. #2

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Word, I was found?......turn the page to next year.

    cheers

  3. #3
    Member carasmellsok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, AUSTRALIA!
    Posts
    53

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Last edited by carasmellsok; 06-08-2009 at 02:51 AM. Reason: :)

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,358

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    I easily found him in both of those.


  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    We look for Wally over here. No idea who this "Waldo" fucker is.

  6. #6
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,841

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    We look for Wally over here. No idea who this "Waldo" fucker is.
    and since it was a british creation, technically that is more correct.

    For the initial United Kingdom release of his book in 1987 he titled the character "Wally". The Where's Wally? trademark was adapted for 28 countries. In addition to language translation, each franchise gave a new name and personality to the character. He became Charlie in France, Walter in Germany, Holger in Denmark and Willy in Norway. Wally can also be found in Japan. In Israel, Wally got renamed as Effy, and was a huge success at the time of its release. However, the most successful of the franchises--even surpassing the original "Wally" brand--was the North American adaptation, Where's Waldo?

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Okay, I'd like to know why he's Waldo in the US, but I'd really love to know why he's Willy in Norway...

    Aliases?

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,119

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    He's wanted in over 48 countries for crimes against humanity in relation to terrorist and genocide activities. Not to mention fashion crimes against humanity. You don't find Waldo, Waldo finds you.

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    I dunno. I still say he's a good egg. Maybe he was just forced underground in the hunt for Carmen Sandiego? You know, some sort of Nowhere Man, Prison Break kinda thing?

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,358

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Okay, I'd like to know why he's Waldo in the US, but I'd really love to know why he's Willy in Norway...

    Aliases?
    I'm pretty sure I know why it's not "Where's Willy?" in the rest of the world.

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,119

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Carmen Sandiego was a courageous freedom fighter forced to go underground by oppressive bourgeois forces too afraid of a geographically savvy proletariat. Many see her as a criminal, but everyone who has known her personally has been marked by her strength and selflessness. Waldo is just a two bit anarchist who likes to manipulate international tensions to create scenes of disorder wherein he can become anonymous and use chaos to his advantage. They're leagues apart.

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,841

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    He's wanted in over 48 countries for crimes against humanity in relation to terrorist and genocide activities. Not to mention fashion crimes against humanity. You don't find Waldo, Waldo finds you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    Carmen Sandiego was a courageous freedom fighter forced to go underground by oppressive bourgeois forces too afraid of a geographically savvy proletariat. Many see her as a criminal, but everyone who has known her personally has been marked by her strength and selflessness. Waldo is just a two bit anarchist who likes to manipulate international tensions to create scenes of disorder wherein he can become anonymous and use chaos to his advantage. They're leagues apart.
    ROFL.

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    You've just bought into Sandiego's self promotion, man. Sandiego's just a fucking figurehead who believes her own agit-prop. At least Waldo puts himself out there.

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie SoulDischarge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vampire State Building
    Posts
    16,119

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?



    Having trouble finding Waldo in this picture? I'll give you a hint. Check the spilled blood and bitter tears of the innocent. They'll point the way to Waldo.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    BEST. THREAD. EVER.

  16. #16

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    I easily found him in both of those.

    hmmm... i don't know what that is, but i'm pretty sure it's not coachella 2009...

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Sahara/Do Lab/Dome
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post


    Having trouble finding Waldo in this picture? I'll give you a hint. Check the spilled blood and bitter tears of the innocent. They'll point the way to Waldo.
    found him

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    But can you find the dog? And girl-Waldo?

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Sahara/Do Lab/Dome
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    done and done

  20. #20
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fourthisto View Post
    Well, it turns out this year he was in the Sahara Tent all along!

    Thanks for playing, kids. Tune in next year and try and find him all over again!!

    The guy on the left looks so excited to have found Waldo he's jerking all over his leg.

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,841

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?





    btw, do a google image search for waldo simpsons and you'll find him in a very interesting place.

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    The guy in the original picture: Maybe he's not trying to be Waldo? Maybe that's just how he dresses?

    He's Canadian, right?
    Last edited by MissingPerson; 06-08-2009 at 05:58 PM.

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    'Cuz it makes sense to wear a wool cap in the hot desert.

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Canadians consider Canada habitable by humans. Their sense of temperature is not to be trusted.

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    And the Irish are not to be trusted when it comes to dental advice.

  26. #26
    Coachella Junkie MissingPerson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    14,521

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    If you guys made some edible food now and then, your teeth might get more wear.

    Incidentally, you're thinking of the British. Our thing is alcoholism and way too many children.

  27. #27
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,976

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Canadians consider Canada habitable by humans. Their sense of temperature is not to be trusted.
    +10 internets.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

  28. #28

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    And the Irish are not to be trusted when it comes to dental advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingPerson View Post
    Incidentally, you're thinking of the British. Our thing is alcoholism and way too many children.
    well, yeah...

    america's thing is obviously being oblivious & ignorant to anything foreign...

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,433

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    True on the English and the Irish being adept at drinking, but I seen some some serious fucked up Irish teeth too. BUT, my love for the Irish is unending. I identify with my Irish, my Mexican, and my irie the most.

  30. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Sahara/Do Lab/Dome
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: Where's Waldo?

    Quote Originally Posted by nbvwes View Post
    well, yeah...

    america's thing is obviously being oblivious & ignorant to anything foreign...
    you forgot fatties

Similar Threads

  1. campground where's waldo- message board edition
    By frozen pilgrim in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 10:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •