Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh Coachella, Bonnaroo got u this year!

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Default Re: Oh Coachella, Bonnaroo got u this year!

Different strokes for different folks.

Yeah, I'm basically going to see Rage but I wouldn't do any dumb shit to ruin a set for anyone else. But then again I'll be so high that it won't even be a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Different strokes for different folks.

Yeah, I'm basically going to see Rage but I wouldn't do any dumb shit to ruin a set for anyone else. But then again I'll be so high that it won't even be a possibility.
    Sunday is DEFINATELY the day to get high... Grizzly Bear, Ratatat, Junior Boys, Explosions in the Sky & Air

Stoned People >> Drunk People

> Tool,WhiteStripes,FlamingLips,HoldSteady

The only band out of those that hasn't played Coachella is The Hold Steady. What big new bands is Bonnaroo promoting? The Police are touring anyway. Last year was special for Bonnaroo only because of Radiohead. This year, not so much.

If 'roo had someone of Bjork/Rage/JAMC/Happy Mondays caliber, whose shows are rare and aren't touring this summer (kinda like they had Radiohead last year I guess) that'd be different. For my money I'll take Coachella this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ashtraygrl View Post
    i like rage, but a large percentage of their fans has me worried that the festival will be overrun with angry idiots.
    i like enjoying the festival. it's calm, laid back, and awesome to look forward to every year. i saw madonna last year (even though i've seen her before and could have avoided the whole mess) and it was god awful, mainly because of all the people who have this crazy attitude that if they don't act like lunatics that it's not gonna be worth it. seeing as how fast sunday sold out i can't help but feel there are gonna be some stupid people there who very well may tear down the stage. i hope to god i'm wrong cause all it takes is ONE stupid, drunk assclown to ruin for everyone, and i'm sure there'll be more than that there. i'm going to see them, but i will not tolerate idiocy.

to all rage fans: please take the other people who went through the cost, the weather, AND the hassle that you did to be there. you're all going fof the same reason, to enjoy a good show. don't turn it into something else.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Talking Re: Oh Coachella, Bonnaroo got u this year!

Quote Originally Posted by CurableOkie View Post

Stoned People >> Drunk People
    Thats the truth

Lightbulb Re: Oh Coachella, Bonnaroo got u this year!

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    members of our community were offered discounted advanced tickets.

i guess no matter what we do, it's not enough. hahahahah
    How about including the price of camping into the admission ticket? That would be a good start. Also, I realize it's not a GV rule (or maybe it is) but bringing alcohol into the campsite would be nice for those who would like to do so.

I have no problem with the lineup though. Christ, there are only so many bands out there worth listening to.

Quote Originally Posted by ayates View Post
    How about including the price of camping into the admission ticket? That would be a good start. Also, I realize it's not a GV rule (or maybe it is) but bringing alcohol into the campsite would be nice for those who would like to do so.

I have no problem with the lineup though. Christ, there are only so many bands out there worth listening to.
    i never had trouble bringing in alcohol into camping, the venue was a little harder ... sort of did it an old school way, but it was easy .. it was funny at ws99 when the first day they were checking your pockets, by the evening of the 2nd day, i swear, there were people with 2 wheelers bringing in cases of beer ... beer yuck, patron, not bad, or grey goose of course. cr****

im giong to both.. so whatever
    Posted up like Andre Agassi on the tennis court

Unhappy Re: Oh Coachella, Bonnaroo got u this year!

Quote Originally Posted by AllPowerToThePeople View Post
    My only hope is that other RATM Fans will not be complete assholes to the band who is playing right before Rage, but i can understand crazy fucking shit during and after.

I did not take any chances to see one of my favorite bands on the lineup AIR with a bunch of RATM meat heads, I'll catch them when they come to the states in Spring. I still hate the fact that AIR is playing on Sunday, what a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by KRINGER View Post
    that was a nice offer, but without a lineup its tough to commit over $200.

Guess what? All the Coachella hardcore and faithful still bought presale tickets without a line up. And some of the line up got leaked that Sunday before the presale ended so they did have some information as to who was performing and whatnot. I have blindly bought tickets for Coachella when they put them on sale line up or not. Ragardless there will be plenty to see and few dissapointments..

And yeah you seem to be the kind of person that wants it all to be excatly perfect or you are not going..

how much were the presale tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    i never had trouble bringing in alcohol into camping, the venue was a little harder ... sort of did it an old school way, but it was easy .. it was funny at ws99 when the first day they were checking your pockets, by the evening of the 2nd day, i swear, there were people with 2 wheelers bringing in cases of beer ... beer yuck, patron, not bad, or grey goose of course. cr****
    Smuggling and willfully bringing it in are two entirely different concepts. I want to be able to take a swig of my grappa without getting tackled.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    members of our community were offered discounted advanced tickets.

i guess no matter what we do, it's not enough. hahahahah
    PF (and GV),

You guys do a hell of a lot!!!

The real fans of Coachella, people of the microcommunity, and regulars of this board know the effort put into this event. Sure, it's fact, that Bonnaroo's tickets were slightly less expensive, but for what? Bands that have played Coachella last year or playing this year. And a bunch of jam bands, that most people who attend Coachella could give two shits about.

Coachella is a way better experience, in a better setting, with cool people, and with some of the best, eclectic lineups in the music (event) world.

You've heard/read it many times before...you and GV are great and do a stellar job. Thank you.

"Yeah chicks go nuts for that... the male camel toe."
    "Yea yea! The camel tail."

i dont know...
    bonnaroo last year was pretty fucking rad
    Posted up like Andre Agassi on the tennis court

Really, depending on the experience you really want to have decides which festival you would rather go to.

You want 4-5 days of living in a completely different world where the fun never ends no matter what time of the day or night it is, then bonnaroo is the place for you.

If you just want to come in, see the music, and go back to relax and wait for the next day than coachella is your thing. Neither festival is very similar except for the awesome lineups they always provide.

Honestly, Coachella for me is not a unique experience. There are plenty of festivals that may not be on the same size, but certainly follow the same gameplan. Bonnaroo on the other hand will have you leaving a completely different person. Take that for what it is, but comparing the two is truly not worth the time.

And honestly, referencing an experience at Coachella where the crowd wasnt taking to kindly to an act makes me really never want to go back there. Thats one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard. Cant you just go see someone else if you dont like who's playing? Sounds like bad vibes to me.

Quote Originally Posted by omg wtf bbq View Post
    i dont know...
    bonnaroo last year was pretty fucking rad
    rad and smelly as fuck
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by bmwsrok11 View Post

And honestly, referencing an experience at Coachella where the crowd wasnt taking to kindly to an act makes me really never want to go back there. Thats one of the most ridiculous things ive ever heard. Cant you just go see someone else if you dont like who's playing? Sounds like bad vibes to me.
    they were waiting for tool, staking the claim to their spots waaaay befoer tool came on.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

The fact remains that Coachella has twice as many acts worth seeing. But that's actually an improvement for Bonnaroo, because before 2006 each year had maybe two decent acts.

Banned

if you look at the history fo the festivals, it looks like bonnaroo is the ne trying to play catchup. coachella has stayed pretty strong to their roots and lollapalooza as well. bonnaroo was created as a somewhat hippy type of festival. a way to have a current woodstock without the corporate bullshit that the actuall woodstock name became. now the lineup has done a almost 180 with the police? white stripes? tool? i give them credit for cathcing up with the times cuz they realized that the hippies were not spedning any money at the festival. so they got wise and still are staying current. so good for them, but coachella's lineup is extremly strong and so far what i have heard of the bands music, its gonna be a amazing 3 days!

coachella if you can add the 'the national' I'd give 0% credence to this conversation...

And a bunch of jam bands, that most people who attend Coachella could give two shits about.
    I actually might give three, but four is my limit.

you have to realize that the extra 60 bucks you pay is for an extra 30 bands, 2 bucks a band, good deal if you ask me?

i think both are equally as awesome. id like to go to roo, but im holding out for the lolla and acl lineups.

hey, i have an idea, and it would still be subjective ... but after both of the fests, people who are going to both, should post here (and the roo board) which was a better time .... cr*****

I live an hour and a half from roo, but i'm taking 50somethin hours on a bus to see coachella. for some, the message rage speaks is what we want to speak.
    there are people coming from around the world-- australia, england, brazil, russia, canada, sweden, mexico.......and more.
    those fags who make a mess of the concert for no reason, well, you get that at most shows you see. I think people are circumventing for a particular reason.
    Hopefully, the poor will unite. world wide

Quote Originally Posted by FriskyDingo77 View Post
    sorry Coachella, but Bonnaroo ssssmmmmmmoked yer ass this year!
    True Bon duznt have: Bjork,ArcticMonkeys,RHCP,Willie Nelson,Rapture,Interpol
    or theGoodtheBadandtheQueen. But Bon was smart enuf to leave Rage out!
    Thier music is good, but their politics and fans will wreck a festival.
    gimme Tool,WhiteStripes,FlamingLips,HoldSteady & Hotchip.
    piss on all u Rage ers
    tool and the white stripes and the hold steady are shitty bands

although so is RHCP

tool? a shitty band? a shitty show????
    pal, i dont know what you saw

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    tool and the white stripes and the hold steady are shitty bands

although so is RHCP
    the politics, the message?
    well, i guess you can sit around and bullshit liberal-conservative crap that doesnt matter one oz. i'm glad that someone-anyone- will scream it to the air.
    and i'm driving 59 hrs. (roughly) to put a fist in the air!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    go turn on the stewart show, you ***

wrong quote
    something about rrraaagggeee

Smile Re: Oh Coachella, Bonnaroo got u this year!

i planned on going to coachella no matter who played because it always rocks, but when i heard RAGE was getting back together and RHCP were going too i KNEW it was going to be $$ well spent... a lot of the time i've never knowingly heard the music of about 1/2 the bands playing @ coachella and this year is no different, but i ALWAYS leave there with a few new cd's on my to buy list... i can't wait to hear all the music and have a good time...
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"