Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 570 of 833

Thread: Dates for 2010

  1. #541
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,130

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    maybe you will soon have something to be thankful for.

  2. #542

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    maybe you will soon have something to be thankful for.
    Well, well, well. Maybe this week then...
    Coachella 99, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 09, 10, 11, 12 (wknd 1), 13 (wknd 1), 14 (wknd 1)

  3. #543
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,500

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Steve, I can never know when you are kidding or serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  4. #544
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,130

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    this would be of the kidding variety...

  5. #545
    Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DC NW
    Posts
    6,007

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    maybe you will soon have something to be thankful for.
    Ron Paul 2012!

    Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

  6. #546
    Member yeahfontaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Wow. That's disturbing.

  7. #547
    old school
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,354

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Maybe, they are focusing all their efforts on Pemberton cause of the 2010 games.... working on THOSE dates, and Coachella will be cancelled

  8. #548
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,709

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    It doesn't matter, we would have no way to know if it was cancelled anyway.

    Look at the Detour festival.

    They just kept quiet, never said a thing and let the dates pass.

    They still haven't officially announced anything.

    The site is still up even.

    We got a news story weeks later on pollstar, that was about it.

    More than likely Coachella is happening.

    But I would say just because Billboard said it or a couple of bands said they are playing doesn't mean it is 100% happening.

    They could have started bookings things and then changed their minds.

    They just haven't notified anyone yet.

    You never know.

  9. #549
    old school Leeartlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    My money is still on: Anticlimactic-dates-just-showing-up-on-the-website-one-day

    No rhythm or reason, just the Buddhist "because" as an answer
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

  10. #550
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,989

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeartlee View Post
    No rhythm or reason, just the Buddhist "because" as an answer
    ha...yes, you are from the bay area.

  11. #551
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    I don't know why anyone would buy plane tickets or book hotel rooms before the dates are announced, thats just dumb.

  12. #552

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    You know what else is dumb - that you started a John Mayer thread.

  13. #553
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,315

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by MonOm View Post
    You know what else is dumb - that you started a John Mayer thread.
    that is almost sig worthy funnyness
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  14. #554

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    You won't lose too much money when you have to cancel your flight and use it for something else.

  15. #555
    old school Leeartlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    ha...yes, you are from the bay area.
    You went to Royksopp, right? You enjoy it?
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

  16. #556
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    4,147

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    coachella is terriible with advance notice.. easily the worst of the big festivals... but they usually come through with some solid news.. they just are all fucking lazy asses that cant get it going like the other big festivals.... they rely on their reputation and thats good enough for now but they lose alot doing that,.... oh well..

  17. #557
    Member moomoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    2,049

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    coachella is terriible with advance notice.. easily the worst of the big festivals... but they usually come through with some solid news.. they just are all fucking lazy asses that cant get it going like the other big festivals.... they rely on their reputation and thats good enough for now but they lose alot doing that,.... oh well..
    Coachella; relies on reputation-- everyone loves it.

    scooper; completely ignores his reputation-- everyone wants to punch him in the dick.

  18. #558
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,130

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    they just are all fucking lazy asses that cant get it going like the other big festivals.... they rely on their reputation and thats good enough for now but they lose alot doing that,.... oh well..
    haha, ok?

  19. #559

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    coachella is terriible with advance notice.. easily the worst of the big festivals... but they usually come through with some solid news.. they just are all fucking lazy asses that cant get it going like the other big festivals.... they rely on their reputation and thats good enough for now but they lose alot doing that,.... oh well..
    Posts like this make me believe that most people think concert promotion is a cakewalk which couldn't be further from the truth. How often do you work 65 to 90 hour workweeks, year-round?

  20. #560
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,203

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    True, as much as it may annoy me that we as of yet have no official confirmation of the dates, I have total faith that it's because Coachella is working hard to make the event the best it can be for 2010. It would be foolish to assume that they just haven't gotten around to it yet out of laziness.

    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  21. #561
    old school Leeartlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Well, we shall see if it's because of something awesome in the waiting
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

  22. #562
    Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DC NW
    Posts
    6,007

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by krk67 View Post
    Posts like this make me believe that most people think concert promotion is a cakewalk which couldn't be further from the truth. How often do you work 65 to 90 hour workweeks, year-round?
    aw, boo-hoo. How can every other competing festival do everything faster and more efficiently then?

    And Coachella is easily the best festival I've been to, but the facts are in front of us. Being helpful and easy just isn't Coachella's strong point.
    Ron Paul 2012!

    Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

  23. #563
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,315

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    they just are all fucking lazy asses
    you fail at life
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  24. #564
    old school Bud Luster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ciudad de Accion
    Posts
    4,840

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by scoop49er View Post
    . they rely on their reputation and thats good enough for now but they lose alot doing that,.... oh well..
    What exactly is it that they lose? ticket sales? nope. Reputation? nope. Event quality? nope. These kids that piss in their pants over official dates announcements are gonna piss their pants whether or not GV releases the dates 9, 6, or 3 months before the event.

    Quote Originally Posted by l337moomoo View Post
    Coachella; relies on reputation-- everyone loves it.

    scooper; completely ignores his reputation-- everyone wants to punch him in the dick.
    Funniest shit I've read here in weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeartlee View Post
    Well, we shall see if it's because of something awesome in the waiting
    There is always something awesome in the waiting. They release the dates when they are good and ready. Even if there isnt something big to confirm.

    Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    aw, boo-hoo. How can every other competing festival do everything faster and more efficiently then?

    And Coachella is easily the best festival I've been to, but the facts are in front of us. Being helpful and easy just isn't Coachella's strong point.
    How helpful do you want them to be? Do you ever miss the event because they didn't announce when it would occur in time? I also dont think you really know fast or efficient the organizers of any of these other fests are. Just because the other fests may announce their dates or artists further before the event doesn't mean shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

  25. #565
    Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DC NW
    Posts
    6,007

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    How helpful do you want them to be? Do you ever miss the event because they didn't announce when it would occur in time? I also dont think you really know fast or efficient the organizers of any of these other fests are. Just because the other fests may announce their dates or artists further before the event doesn't mean shit.
    It means people traveling can plan ahead if they live farther than LA. That's something. I live in California. I'm not gonna decide 2 months before Lollapalooza or Bonnarroo whether or not I'm going to those festivals, having never been before. I wouldn't expect it to be any different for them coming here - we received the lineup announcement like the 2nd week of February last year, 2 months before the festival.

    As far as helpful, well anyone can tell you how reluctant psychic friend is to divulge any information about anything sometimes. And they're slow to respond to emails and all that. I just don't get the general feeling that customer service is their top priority.

    And the date announcements aren't the biggest deal, but I think it's important to get that information out before the lineup announcement if the lineup announcement isn't until January or February.
    Ron Paul 2012!

    Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

  26. #566
    old school Leeartlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    There is always something awesome in the waiting. They release the dates when they are good and ready. Even if there isnt something big to confirm.
    I have almost complete faith in GV. I'm just saying that this date thingy or whatever it is will have no correlation with their overall plans. I simply think they just haven't announced it yet. I could eat my words but I don't think I will. I mean, they announced the dates and even the lineup even though they were smoothing out the details with Prince in '08. What could they possibly be trying to work out that would prevent them from just announcing the frickin' dates?

    Nothing, imo. But that's their decision.
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

  27. #567
    sarcastic fuckoff GeezrRckr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    the oasis of reason
    Posts
    9,989

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeartlee View Post
    You went to Royksopp, right? You enjoy it?
    yes, it was great....even without Robyn. the mini-meetup with the sf boarders was really fun too. shame you weren't there...next time, eh.

    but....plump DJs the night after was totally badass. so glad those guys figured out their visa issues. hopefully, they'll become more of a frequent visitor here.

  28. #568
    Member magmazing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    808

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    Maybe, they are focusing all their efforts on Pemberton cause of the 2010 games.... working on THOSE dates, and Coachella will be cancelled
    Wrong company buddy...
    My main concert footage YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/magmazing


    My Backup channel: http://www.youtube.com/magmazingmusic

    My website: http://www.magmazingmusic.com

  29. #569
    old school Leeartlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by GeezrRckr View Post
    yes, it was great....even without Robyn. the mini-meetup with the sf boarders was really fun too. shame you weren't there...next time, eh.

    but....plump DJs the night after was totally badass. so glad those guys figured out their visa issues. hopefully, they'll become more of a frequent visitor here.
    Yeah, trying to get up there from SC after my shift proved more difficult than I imagined it would. Typical. I was also very sad to miss Plump DJs. But I've seen them a few times before so it's all gravy (yeah for Thanks Giving!)
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

  30. #570
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,709

    Default Re: Dates for 2010

    I doubt it's laziness. How long could it take to replace a graphic of a line up with a graphic of a blank background with just dates on it?

    I'm sure they have their reasons for not posting it on the main page yet. Whatever it is, I would have no idea.

    I can only assume Billboard wouldn't post the dates unless they were mostly sure.

    As for people needing time to plan. Coachella is still a good deal of time away. I'm sure people will still have time to plan.

    This festival isn't a public service, they don't have to do anything in any particular way or order.

    In fact, in my opinion, annoucements have gone down a little differently every year.

Similar Threads

  1. How will you say 2010?
    By paganman7 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 12-02-2009, 01:58 PM
  2. 2009 Dates???!!@$#@##$^#$%^$#%^!@
    By rstayton in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 11:01 AM
  3. New Digitalism dates
    By HunterGather in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 01:09 PM
  4. 08 Dates?
    By LooseAtTheZoo in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-26-2007, 04:33 PM
  5. 08 Dates
    By barnes-z in forum Questions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-29-2007, 10:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •