Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: pet peeves thread

Default Re: pet peeves thread

people who think its okay to wear several pounds of AXE deodorant (and spend several minutes spraying it on themselves).

Screaming snot nosed kids and the morons who made them.
    The kind of rug rats that throw tantrums at the grocery store or the DMV.
    The kind that run around at a restaurant while you're trying to enjoy your meal.
    The kind that scream and cry and won't shut the hell up at the movies.
    The kind of brats that are indeed more intelligent than their parents.
    They know how to play them and get away with anything and everything.

Quote Originally Posted by atom heart View Post
    people who think its okay to wear several pounds of AXE deodorant (and spend several minutes spraying it on themselves).
    That's caco's aphrodesiac.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Screaming snot nosed kids and the morons who made them.
    The kind of rug rats that throw tantrums at the grocery store or the DMV.
    The kind that run around at a restaurant while you're trying to enjoy your meal.
    Here is my promise to you. If you have kids - I guarantee you they will do both of those things. You think you can stop that? You can't.

The other things you mention are viable pet peeves though.
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

Quote Originally Posted by Yablonowitz View Post
    Here is my promise to you. If you have kids - I guarantee you they will do both of those things. You think you can stop that? You can't.

The other things you mention are viable pet peeves though.
    Ehhhh...negative, Captain.
    I am a proud parent, and I can say with 100% certainty that my 6 year old has NEVER done that. He knows I won't tolerate it. Problem lies with the Parents, not the Kids. Teach them early, and they learn.

Exclamation Re: pet peeves thread

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I hate tall guys who shove their way in front of me at shows.
    I hate short guys who hate tall guys.. I'm 6'6'' and I want to see the show up front just as much as everyone else. IT SEEMS TO BOTHER EVERYBODY! instead of having it ruin the show for you, why not just migrate 3 feet to the left? and have a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by blastyourears View Post
    why not just migrate 3 feet to the left? and have a good time.
    Because there's another really tall guy standing there, too...
    Yeah, well, luck pushed me first.

Wrong!
    My daughter who is now 17 was the perfect baby.
    I don't say that because she was MY daughter,
    I say that due to the fact that she didn't act out like most of the other diaper draggers.
    Sure there were moments, but never any of those hissy fit rage like tantrums that I'm talking about. And acting out like that is the fault of the parent(s).

From the moment we brought her home, there was never any of that, "shhh... the baby's sleeping" crap.
    She was brought up and brought into this world with loud music, barking dogs, ringing phones and laughing people. She adapted to our world.
    Parents who change their life around to suit what they think are the needs of their newborn are weak. Change meaning shutting everything off, turning everything down and bringing their life to a stand still so their spoiled little brat can continue to scream, eat, sleep and crap.

So, gay p - is smegma, itself, your pet peeve, or is the word 'smegma' your pet peeve?
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Quote Originally Posted by luveebunni08 View Post
    i hate when someone yells my name from 2 rooms away and when i answer they say nothing. if it's early and i don't want to get out of bed that's the number one way of starting my day off with an "i hate you" attitude.
    haha.

ONE of my pet peeves are drivers who get in front of me and drive slower than i'm driving. oh, and they don't signal before doing so.
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

I hate it when people J-walk because they're TOO LAZY to walk that extra 10ft all the way to the crosswalk. Crosswalks are there for a reason: so people like me don't have an excuse to run you over!

I hate poor grammar....or when people pronounce "library", "lie berry", or "February", "Feb-u-ary".
    Peace, Love and Coachella.

You two are super parents. I hope you've been given your cookie.
    Last edited by Yablonowitz; 02-17-2007 at 03:12 PM.

I hate it when a waiter asks if I need a refill, before I even get the main course.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurateme View Post
    i know a couple of people who have cigarette burns because they're germs fans.

And by a couple of people, you totally mean me, right? I wouldn't say I "enjoyed" it. I have no feelings one way or the other.

when people say
    "damn son, havent seen you in a minute"
    Posted up like Andre Agassi on the tennis court

I hate people who are just getting on to the free way and for some reason think they have to go all the way over into the fast lane, no matter what speed they are driving at.

I work at a supermarket and after a year of working six days a week, I just can't stand the stupid questions I get. Like: "How come you guys don't have seedless watermelon seeds?" or the ever ironic "Can I ask you a question?"
    I miss Bill Hicks.

I hate short guys who hate tall guys.. I'm 6'6'' and I want to see the show up front just as much as everyone else. IT SEEMS TO BOTHER EVERYBODY! instead of having it ruin the show for you, why not just migrate 3 feet to the left? and have a good time.
    You're kind of a dick, aren't you? And no, I won't migrate 3 feet to the left. There's someone else standing there.

If you're super tall, it would be nice if you staked claim to a spot early, so that you don't come at the last minute, or in the middle of a show, and forcibly push your way in and mess up other people's views. Sure, you don't have to, but it's the considerate thing to do.

And for the record, I'm 5'7", so if there's some girl who's like 5'1" standing behind me, I'll totally suggest that she move in front. It doesn't really make a difference to my viewing experience, but it could make a huge difference to hers.

Quote Originally Posted by UnicornsForBreakfast View Post
    And by a couple of people, you totally mean me, right? I wouldn't say I "enjoyed" it. I have no feelings one way or the other.

well, you know..dasha, kind of has one, even though hers is all fucked.

Ugly girls that think they are hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

Ugly Girls that think they are hot shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post

A long history of numerous championships, pennants, and other accolades make the Yankees the greatest franchise in all of organised sports.
    E

vinylmartyr

Wait I thought you girls liked tall guys?

I like tall guys who aren't jerks, thankyouverymuch.

Acutally, no, that's a lie. I don't like really super tall guys, as least not to date. 6'6" sounds like a pain -- I'd much rather be able to kiss him without him having to bend down almost a foot.

Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    So, gay p - is smegma, itself, your pet peeve, or is the word 'smegma' your pet peeve?
    Itself. I never cared for cottage cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I hate flimsy, superthin napkins. You always have to grab a bunch to clean yourself thoroughly.
    I use to go out with a girl who's mother would cut every new pack of napkins in half with a pair of scissors to make them last twice as long.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

i hate when i'm reminded by a company that it is "customary to tip" their employees.

Pet peeves:
    Standing in line at the market while employees are walking around and talking to each other and not even noticing everyone in line.

Restaurant employees who just walk up to the table with glasses and start pouring waster (assumming I want water).

Waiters/Waitresses who forget about you (I called information once from the counter at Mimi's in Arcadia and watched our waitress pick up the phone-I asked for our bill and the entire staff looked at me like a terrorist as I walked out).

When standing in line for a concert, movie, ball game; people who talk and talk out loud about their lives and the event (I remember seeing Gwen and the boys at the 321 club back in..., we were so drunk that night; we went with Mark, you remember him, well he had gotten us in the the back door and...)

People who don't finish remaining food and leave it in it's original location rather than throwing it away. Example. I want to put some milk in my coffee, I pick up the milk carton and there is only 6 drops of milk. Example. I want to add pickles to my sandwich but there is only green juice in the pickle container.

Homeless people who ask for money who are wearing better clothes and shoes than me.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Angry Re: pet peeves thread

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    You're kind of a dick, aren't you? And no, I won't migrate 3 feet to the left. There's someone else standing there.

If you're super tall, it would be nice if you staked claim to a spot early, so that you don't come at the last minute, or in the middle of a show, and forcibly push your way in and mess up other people's views. Sure, you don't have to, but it's the considerate thing to do.

And for the record, I'm 5'7", so if there's some girl who's like 5'1" standing behind me, I'll totally suggest that she move in front. It doesn't really make a difference to my viewing experience, but it could make a huge difference to hers.

My whole point was that if I did claim my spot early, which I always do... Then I should be fine to be wherever I am. I wouldn't just rush in and block people..

Quote Originally Posted by jerpar24 View Post
    Ugly girls that think they are hot.
    jesus christ dude. be a man.

You two are super parents. I hope you've been given your cookie.
    hear hear

My whole point was that if I did claim my spot early, which I always do... Then I should be fine to be wherever I am. I wouldn't just rush in and block people..
    be a gentleman. move back. that way others can see but you can see too.

Girls who smoke. I hate that shit.