Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sneaking Sh*t in: My Experience of Security and Cops at Coachella

Default Sneaking Sh*t in: My Experience of Security and Cops at Coachella

This board made me super paranoid about sneaking in anything into Coachella.

Here is my experience of how strict security/ cops were at Coachella.

Security Obstacle 1: Entering Campgrounds.

My Expectation Based on the Message Boards: ALL my shit will be thoroughly searched and I will be aggressively frisked down.

My Plan: I went to extreme lengths to hide my liquor, I will not reveal my method that was super James Bond sneaky, but it wasnít in my sleeping bag or tent bag, or a sunscreen bottle etc. I will not reveal my methods, I am not an idiot. It would be possible to be found but only if they look really really hard.

What Happened: I sighed in relief as I saw a few people in front of me getting their sleeping bags searched. Proud of myself for not listening to my little brother about hiding it in the inside of my sleeping bag.

I explained to the security guard what was in my bag, he feels it and say quote ďits all good man Iím not going to go through your things- Hey YO- these guys are cool!Ē he then looks fairly thoroughly through my bag of toiletries, all he does is look. The alcohol in the shampoo bottle method would have worked in this case perfectly, but didnít matter.

So even though I went to extreme measures to hide my liquor, it wasnít even necessary.

Drugs in my crotch but didnít even matter because I wasnít frisked.

Weird, that was too easy.

(Side note) the next two days we were able to sneak liquor in we had stashed in our cars through a different but equally sneaky method. It worked twice. The third time we the guard actually checked more intensely, but luckily this time was the only time we were not trying to sneak anything in. if we were we would have been caught. We were just bringing in what it looked like we were bringing in the previous times.

Security Obstacle 2. Enjoying Drugs at the campgrounds.

My expectation based on message boards: if I smoke a joint a cop wearing camouflage fatigues will come up from the grass and arrest me.

My plan: none just be discreet.

I was in a fun camping spot I was in between two dealers, one was this cute innocent looking 19 year old selling really good shrooms, and another really cool stereotypical looking young dealer who was selling everything else.

They were hooking people up and both went home cuff free.

Interesting though the male dealer fucked up a little and passed some stuff whit a fucking cop driving by on their little golf car things. The cop makes a U-turn and tells him, look if you are going to be that fuckin dumb to do that shit right in front of me then you shouldnít be doing it at all. What do you have he says?! My neighbor says, nothing. The cop says, if you are going to do that shit do it in your fuckin tent. Then he takes off.

Security Obstacle 3: Sneaking drugs into the campground.

My expectation based on the message boards. I will be thoroughly searched everywhere except my balls for narcotics.

My plan: naturally I hide em in my balls.

What actually happened.

The first day I was simply asked to empty my pockets. The didnít even look in my hands though. I could have had my shit in my hands, or I could have emptied my pockets partially . Then I walked straight through. Thatís all.

Second day and third day I just walked through like I owned the place. The only time security touched me the whole weekend was a pa on my pocket when I was reentering the campgrounds from my car.

Security Obstacle 4: Enjoying my stuff at the festival.

My expectation based on this message board; if security so much as see me put my hands to my mouth in a suspicious fashion, a dozen undercover will come out and throw me to the ground. I thought I would have to toke up in the damn porta potie.

What actually happened: I was discreet, its not that hard, but I was able to take all my shit wherever and whenever I wanted and take some hits from people passing joints around during the sets, with no fear or paranoia at all.

The polo field smelled fuckin awesome by the say on Saturday around Sundown when TV on The Radio was playing.

In conclusion, obviously there are arrests every year so itís a good idea to be discreet and sneaky as possible, just in case you cross the one of the few douche bag cops and or security guards. ButCoachella is definitely not the concentration camp some people on this board led me to believe. At least not in my experience.
    life is supposed to be fun

Default Re: Sneaking Sh*t in: My Experience of Security and Cops at Coachella

Walking in on Friday I had pills, ketamine, bud and a glass piece crocthed.

No pat down, they didn't look in my bag, I just told them what was in it. Right after I made it in through the camping entrance my glass piece dropped from my pants onto the ground in front of 3 police officers and a few marines. I picked up my piece, slipped off my sandals and walked off on my way...

Everyone on the boards over exaggerates. But I guess it has to do something with personal past experiences as well.

Glad your weekend went well with hiding your goodies!
    Last edited by heyeric; 04-24-2009 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post

No pat down, they didn't look in my bag, I just told them what was in it. Right after I made it in through the camping entrance my glass piece dropped from my pants onto the ground in front of 3 police officers and a few marines. I picked up my piece, slipped off my sandals and walked off on my way...
    Dude that is an awesome story!

Damn that sounds like one hell of a basket you were sporting!!!

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

entertaining post

i don't think i got patted down once. it's really annoying how one person will be checking every.single.item of a bag and the security person next to them will just open, look in and let people through quickly. i wish it was more consistent, whatever it is, for the sake of hte lines. one guy stopped me for having two bottles of unopened water i bought in from the campgrounds in my bag, but didn't look at anything else in the bag which i thought was weird cause the water was right at the top, so he basically didn't check anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

no bus

There was no drug sniffing dogs at coachella but there was some on the redline metro station yesterday at the hollywood vine station for that depeche mode free concert in hollywood. I was shitting bricks cause i was holding some herb and a piece, but luckily i just blended in with the crowd walking that just came off the train. So everything was cool. They could have been bomb sniffing dogs but i sure they know what weed smells like.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I'm surprised the board gave you that initial impression. The camp ground check was heavier than the festival entrance.

THIS ONE TIME AT COACHELLA CAMP, I TOTALLY WROTE AN ENTIRE FUCKING DISSERTATION ON HOW TO SNEAK SHIT IN.

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    There was no drug sniffing dogs at coachella but there was some on the redline metro station yesterday at the hollywood vine station for that depeche mode free concert in hollywood. I was shitting bricks cause i was holding some herb and a piece, but luckily i just blended in with the crowd walking that just came off the train. So everything was cool. They could have been bomb sniffing dogs but i sure they know what weed smells like.
    There was a K-9 golf cart in the campgrounds. Kinda scared the shit outta me while I was going to get a slice of pizza.. The dogs were in huge kennels though so I think they were only there if someone went off running in a pursuit or whatever and not necessarily for random drug busts.
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

go listen to wolfmother...

Everyone on the boards over exaggerates. But I guess it has to do something with personal past experiences as well.

Glad your weekend went well with hiding your goodies!

ummm yeah i know peeps were exagerating I thought you noobs could sense that. If you read all these drug threads you would always see someone post just be discreet/smart about it...as for me I was in the actual festival with 3 bottles of tequila and 1 bottle of rum not to mention the 18 pk of beer that was chilled on ice for me. Oh man those lemonades mixed with tequila are delicious I had everyone around me fucked up in the beer gardens and sahara tent if they choosed to drink wit me

Boobs are awesome.

I put everything in my pockets in my hat and went through the line and never got touched all weekend except in the camping security check point on sunday night I got molested and I told the dude stop grabbing me there and the guy says "where do you live?"

Quote Originally Posted by ADGZ662 View Post
    ummm yeah i know peeps were exagerating I thought you noobs could sense that. If you read all these drug threads you would always see someone post just be discreet/smart about it...as for me I was in the actual festival with 3 bottles of tequila and 1 bottle of rum not to mention the 18 pk of beer that was chilled on ice for me. Oh man those lemonades mixed with tequila are delicious I had everyone around me fucked up in the beer gardens and sahara tent if they choosed to drink wit me
    I need to find you in the beer garden next year!
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Boobs are awesome.

yes kitt kat yes they are

omg now thats thats........i dunno

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_guerrero View Post
    I put everything in my pockets in my hat and went through the line and never got touched all weekend except in the camping security check point on sunday night I got molested and I told the dude stop grabbing me there and the guy says "where do you live?"
    I've totally already vented about this guy somewhere on this forum! He was old and he sucked. He even smelled opened & sealed water bottles!

Banned

i got in with a buffet of yumyums both days with no problems
    didnt get a patdown
    only got a look in the bags, and they didnt even move shit around in them

i could have put it all in my pocket and gotten away with it
    big thumbs up to security!

Ya, NOOBS!

lolz

Quote Originally Posted by Jaw-naw-thin View Post
    I was in a fun camping spot I was in between two dealers, one was this cute innocent looking 19 year old selling really good shrooms, and another really cool stereotypical looking young dealer who was selling everything else.
    Damn, wish I would have found those tents. Where were you camped?

Banned

I had to come back just for this topic because its actually something I can offer some actual funny advice for, even as a straight edger, based on this past year's experience.

When I walked into the campground, I forgot to take out a pair of nail clippers from my toiletry bag. The security guys asked me if I wanted to bring it back to my car or toss it. I chose to bring it back to my car, and when I came back to the camping's security check, the guys didn't look through my stuff again (Barely, at least. They just took a peek inside my backpack and padded down my shorts again.) When I got inside, me and my buddies said that if we were into the stuff you guys need to sneak in, we would just have left our it in the car at first, "unknowingly" brought in an item like clippers that would force us to bring it back to the car, switched the non-allowed stuff from the into our bags and gotten in clean through security.

Hell, I could have just pretended that I put my nail clippers away and stowed them in a sweatshirt or something upon returning and they wouldn't have noticed.

There's a tip for you guys in the future. It's probably not 100% full-proof but there's a good chance you'll get by easy, especially if you're courteous and compliant with the security guards initially. My All-American looks probably helped as well, so if you have rainbow brite hair and piercings, tats all over or something, they might be more weary.

i walked in with a backpack full of pants and sweathshirts for everyone each night...

"open your bag"

"OK, you're good"

Never touched it once or anything. To be fair, i didnt have anything illegal in there, so maybe they sensed it.

The dumb dumb that made this thread is really smart to have a glaring head shot of his mug as his avatar though, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by paganman7 View Post
    I had a dream that my wife cheated on me with Calmer. True story.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Did you find pee in her butt?

I like drugs.

honestly, i was freaking out too, and i dont know why. security has always been easy to get by, but i guess all the talk about it (and the fear of not having your coachella weekend go perfect) made me a bit scarred. after we got there though, everything was a breeze once again.

funny story though, it was my friends first time to coachella, and he really wanted E for friday. i told him it was extremely easy to get that there (campground is the best for it), but he didn't seem to believe me for some reason. anyway, on thursday after we set up camp and were smoking a bowl in our canopy, my friend once again said "man, i hope i can find some E soon"

I told him not to worry, that he'd probably be offered some soon. 30 seconds later, we hear a chick pass by our tent: "yeah, its 40 bucks, but i gotta grab some more from my tent". i gave my friend the wide-eyed look and he just immediatly jumped up and yelled to her "what are you selling???!!!???" (I know, he's a genius)

sure enough, he had E one minute later with a stupid grin on his face, and we continued our bowl.

of course, the next day as we're walking to the entrance of the festival, he somehow dropped it. (he taped it to his leg). luckily, we re-traced our steps and I found it some 300 yards back. (dont ask me how i spotted it).

so yeah, i just realized that was a bad story. whatever, i enjoyed reliving the experience.

so did anyone else take shrooms? particularly sunday? and perhaps caught part of MBV while on them? oh god.
    Why couldn't Coachella end on 4/20?

Quote Originally Posted by sin213 View Post
    dmb, re: your sig >> technically, coachella does end on 4/20...most acts will finish up a few mins after midnight.

have a fatty ready for midnight yo.

$40 for a pill? Your outta your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by CalmerThanYou View Post

The dumb dumb that made this thread is really smart to have a glaring head shot of his mug as his avatar though, that's for sure.
    yes, yes I am sure security has the time, intelligence, and resources to weed through all 15,000 campers and single me out based an avatar.

yes, perhaps they will print out my avatar and blow it up and poster it up at all the entrances with instructions to all security personnel to "search anyone who looks like this guy really good"

dumb dumber

yes . this was my first year at Coachella , and i was told to be creative . I tell you what , my bro and i thought up some of the most clever ideas to get our candy in . once we got in , we looked at each other , and smiled.....after that it was partypartyparty !
    dont get me wrong , each time i was searched , security was pretty thorough . I seen people go threw the line , and have thier stuff right there in the open , and i was thinking to myself.....how stupid ! All security did though was through it away . I was under the impression that they would take your tickets , and arrest you . It was very lax .
    Even inside the festival people were smoking in the open . I thought that was cool . I was still just smoke'n my one hitter . Just being safe . My bro passed me the pipe one time , and i took a big toke , and he told me to act chill , so i did....and after a minute a cop walks by me . My bro told me that he was standing behind me the whole time , but nothing happened .
    INTENSE REALITY OF A DREAM

oh yeah , by the way....since this is a drug thread . did someone loose a bag of shrooms saturday night ? if so , thanks . i found them leaving to go back to camp .
    INTENSE REALITY OF A DREAM

I wasn't worried about getting my pills anywhere but I didn't take any bud with me because of the Greyhound station in Phoenix. The first time I took a Greyhound about two years ago I walked straight through security to my line, but looked over not even ten minutes later and they were thoroughly searching someones belongings. The same thing happened this time as well, walked straight through, but ten minutes saw someone getting stuff searched very thoroughly. All clothes were unfolded, the bags completely emptied and shook. I didn't feel like taking that chance, found some at camp anyways.

ketamine
    i wish i knew where to get some...oh ketamine how i miss you.

i like to talk about my sneaking in expereince but I have never had a problem and I think I have mastered the way to do it with no stress
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Boobs are awesome.
    they used to be awesome. now i get full on cupage and a hand between the cleavage looking for shit. crotches are more awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

This was the easiest Coachella to sneak grog in,By Sunday we were bringing bottles.