Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coachella isn't really sold out...

Default Re: Coachella isn't really sold out...

I'm pretty sure they will release more tickets the day of the event. I also heard that SUNDAY tickets are be gonna on sale at the door.

I don't think it's some publicity stunt, it could be, but I doubt it. Usually tickets that are released are actually RE-released, if that makes sense. Like credit card declines, or tickets that were saved for guest list and promoters who can't go.

My bf who does promotion and has put on shows and works with venues and other promoters all the time told me this. They always hold tickets for that type of stuff and if they won't be used they release em for sale.

Whether this will happen for Coachella or not, is up in the air.

They could easily sell more tickets if they wanted to, which they apparently don't. They reduced capacity this year, and obviously by a significant amount. There is quite simply NO WAY that the same amount of tickets sold in 2 weeks this year that has taken nearly 3 months in previous years. Rage or no Rage. People seem to be forgetting that Rage performed in 1999 and there was no "hysteria" over that. They're obviously reforming for good anyway, so LOL to anyone shelling out $2,000+ for this, like I've seen on eBay, when you can just see them for $50 at your local sports arena.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    They could easily sell more tickets if they wanted to, which they apparently don't. They reduced capacity this year, and obviously by a significant amount. There is quite simply NO WAY that the same amount of tickets sold in 2 weeks this year that has taken nearly 3 months in previous years. Rage or no Rage. People seem to be forgetting that Rage performed in 1999 and there was no "hysteria" over that. They're obviously reforming for good anyway, so LOL to anyone shelling out $2,000+ for this, like I've seen on eBay, when you can just see them for $50 at your local sports arena.
    High five to that!

Quote Originally Posted by woogie846 View Post
    Is there ever going to be another Austin Powers?
    I will confirm that there will most likely be another.

it better be sold out after paying 450$ for a sunday ticket

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    High five to that!
    You high fiving mother fucker
    you high fiving mother fucker

Your just a walking billboard for all the latest brands
    You've got no taste in music and you really love our band
    Your haircut is atrocious, been the same since '83
    Your glory days are over and so's your stonewashed jeans

You Crass Fat-Ass
    You stupid steroid Fuck
    I bet you even named your
    Grand prize Monster Truck
    You want me - you can't pay
    You want me - you can't pay

Quote Originally Posted by microcuts View Post
    1999 was the first year. There was no previous year to get attention and people didn't know what to expect.

2004 brought the festival to the attention of a lot of people with Radiohead and the Pixies though it helped that the Beasties and the Peppers played the year before.

How did tickets sell out so quick this year? Madonna. The coverage Coachella got last year was far wider than ever before.

Even if most of the people that heard about the festival or went last year won't care because there's no one like Madonna there's still going to be a large chunk that will get drawn in by the artists playing this year.

Add in big headliners like Bjork (who doesn't do that many shows) and RHCP (a big and popular band) and RATM reunion... and these people who just heard of the festival last year as "that Madonna thing" and you've got a lot more people paying attention.

Plus there's a core audience of festival fans and indie fans and EDM fans and... it doesn't shock me that the festival sold out. I didn't expect it this early but the more people know about it, the more people considering going means the quicker tickets are going to sell.

I have no idea if Goldenvoice reduced capacity this year or not but I can see the sellout happening without reducing capacity and without any tricks like holding thousands and thousands of tickets back.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

size matters

Quote Originally Posted by Mo'rage View Post
    i heard they're going to release one MILLION more tickets
    now thats true
    A good song should make you wanna tap your feet and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cops and set fire to the suburbs. I’m only interested in writing great songs. - Tom Morello

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    What is the best way about going scoring tickets on the day of ... and not from scalpers, but from GV? What time? Location? Attire? Etc.

E
    Time: 9AM

Attire: Gymborees and an asshat

For more info: click here
    Read my Coachella articles: http://www.coachella.ehow.com/

Bands I'd love to see at Coachella '08: West Indian Girl, Menomena, The 88, Pigeon John

Banned

They ALWAYS SELL TICKETS THE DAY OF AT THE GATE! ALWAYS! EVEN WHEN THEY SAY THEY ARE SOLD OUT! ALWAYS. WITHOUT A DOUBT THEY WILL SELL TICKETS AT THE GATE!

YOU DONT HAVE TO GET THERE EXTRA EARLY(Although it might be smart this year). I got my sunday ticket, remember sunday was sold out, at 11am at the gate, there was only a short line to get tickets.

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BUY TICKETS AT THE GATE! Single day only, last year they wouldnt let you buy 2 day passes at the gate.

I think they sold out all right! Personally I have never particularly considered going to a festival before but as soon as I heard RATM were playing coachella... That is something which will make people turn up from all over the place (including me). Sunday will be the most bonkers day in history! (don't get me wrong the other two days will be top quality, no doubt about it)

what ho toodle pip what what

lol@people thinking they'll sell headliner days tix at the door. It's supply and demand. Lets face it, Theres not enough room even if they wanted to sell that much more tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Well, it's obvious to all of us that you would know much more than psychic friend who works for Coachella.

80 percent of americans believe in angels too, so go figure.
    haha you just threw him under the bus. gold
    What happen if someone make a crime?

Lurker

Ehhhh...

...just had a quick shudder...

..thinking about walking past the legion of Rage Fans on Sunday, the ones who paid $300+++ for airfare, ??? for camping/lodging, transported themselves somehow to the Polo Grounds only to find out that there are few to no tickets available for on-site purchase.

It's not gonna be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    it better be sold out after paying 450$ for a sunday ticket
    Dumb move.

You should just check out Rage with the Wu instead.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dead*Squirrel View Post
    Ehhhh...

...just had a quick shudder...

..thinking about walking past the legion of Rage Fans on Sunday, the ones who paid $300+++ for airfare, ??? for camping/lodging, transported themselves somehow to the Polo Grounds only to find out that there are few to no tickets available for on-site purchase.

It's not gonna be pretty.
    hopefully they will just adjust their energy to the Rock the Bells shows instead.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Talking Re: Coachella isn't really sold out...

Quote Originally Posted by sonofhal View Post
    ...and which year was the avary year?Did you mean aviary year? That mythical year when A Flock Of Seagulls played, along with The Starlings, The Pigeon Detective, The Byrds etc etc.

HALARIOUS!!!! love it.

From what I understand, Coechella isn't really selling out, they're just introducing new artists to the scene. Most of the artists on the roster for this coming concert are coming fresh out of the underground, names you wouldn't even talk about in polite conversation. For example, Gogol Bordello, practically the antichrist of perestroika rock, should come with a warning, "Might induce violent outbursts." Placebo has dropped out of the mainstream, Sonic Youth is a huge taboo in any establishment, and Regina Spektor, while adopted by the mainstream, came right out of the bronx where she got her start playing houseparties for uppety Yeshivites. You can't snub your nose at the talent it must have taken for a Russian Jewish girl to work her way out of the ghetto and onto MTV, nor can you snub your nose at the talent it must have taken Lily Allen to come out from under her father's shadow into the limelight. I don't know much about the other bands, Placebo has dropped almost completely off of the radar, and their new music really does it for me, at least. Amy Winehouse is a "New Classic" by anyone's standards, and having obtained an exclusive copy of her complete album, I would say she could give any r&b artist a run for their money, but we will see. Anyone who calls these bands mainstream pop has not done their research, and if they did they would find out that these artists are actually working with genuine musical talent. The only miss for me is the Arctic monkeys, but one band is not grounds for a sellout. I would say that While you may love your smalltown punk bands, there are still plenty of them on the roster, and the new talent coming from the perestroika rock industry and the British music scene should be accepted as the Newest wave in a musical revolution. There, I've said my bit.

Banned

Thanks. But what the hell are gymborees??

E

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaSigChi4 View Post
    Thanks. But what the hell are gymborees??

E
    I don't know what the hell gymborees are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo'rage View Post
    i heard they're going to release one MILLION more tickets
    ahahahahaha

I think they meant literally selling out....
    as in tickets...
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****