Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My problems with Coachella....

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Default Re: My problems with Coachella....

I thought Coachella can do no wrong?
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

please stay the fuck away from our festival. go back to the shitty uk and bitch about glastonbury or someting
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

The people giving out about Coachella comparing it to a European festival are ridiculous.

Fair enough, it is custom to be allowed bring your own alcohol to all European festivals. But guess what? Your not in Europe when you go to Coachella! You are in America where rules and regulations are different to Europe and you have to respect that.

These rules were outlined on the website before you went and if you didn't do you're homework on the festival, that's your problem!

I don't necessarily agree with the way certain US promoters set up their festivals, particullary the alcohol and campsite rules and that's why I would pick carefully which fest I attend

As I said, if you don't research the festival and it's rules you have no right to complain about the way things are done

End of.

Quote Originally Posted by Inedible_pie View Post

As I said, if you don't research the festival and it's rules you have no right to complain about the way things are done

End of.
    That's a really good point. And thanks to us "idiots" giving out about it, there is now a whole lot more information available about this festival. The "official" viewpoint doesn't make it clear at all. They need to change the front page to "Coachella, the alcohol free festival with over zealous security and rules". Now when people google it, they'll get both sides to the story.

Weird how I met tonnes of people there who came from afar who "researched" it like me, and were shocked at the ridiculousness of it all when they got there. You ASSUME festivals are fun from where I come from, I ASSUMED Coachella would be somewhat laid back.

What can I say, I didn't do enough research, but there was very little unofficial info about this fest online. I like to hear both sides to a story, ya know? Constructive criticism, which I think the guy who started this thread did very well before he got flamed by a bunch of retards.

So take a chill pill and look up "freedom of speech" and get a fuckin grip.

End of my arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Marsh
    Isn't this AMERICA!?! Oh, I'm sorry, I thought this was AMERICA!

Quote Originally Posted by midnitevulture View Post

What can I say, I didn't do enough research, but there was very little unofficial info about this fest online.
    What in subject(s) particular are you talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.

wow this guy is still crying about how shitty coachella is?

i went to a shitty festival once. it sucked. i didnt go back. i also didnt spend weeks crying like a little bitch all over the festival forums. i guess i just have better things to do

Quote Originally Posted by midnitevulture View Post
    What can I say, I didn't do enough research, but there was very little unofficial info about this fest online.
    if only there was an online forum dedicated to all things coachella, which had a sub-forum wherein you could make queries, amirite?
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

Uh, you just replied to a post from 5/21 from someone who hasn't logged in since 5/21.

"That's what life is about. You gave it a shot and it didn't do it for you; so you won't be coming back. I've done many things I don't like but I don't complain about it. I just chalk it up to experience."

Hmm... actually I would like more people to complain about it so maybe these things could be fixed.

I with the original post 100%.

I hate going to these things and being searched like I'm a child by some low rent jackass that is going to confiscate drugs that they will get out of the trash and sell later.

Two years ago the line-up was so amazing, not going wasn't an option. Last year there were some great shows, but honestly with the freaking security people being douche bags, the lack of access to the campsite and the crappy water, beverage options among other things, I'm not sure it was worth it.

This year I'll probably go, but they better nail it with the bands, and make some serious progress toward improving things like crappy outdoor theater sound, lines at the water tables, sound bleed and access to the campground or this might be the last one for us.

What a fuckin cry baby!!! Do you pee standing up? I doubt it....You sit down and pee like a good little bitch. Stay your bitch ass away from Coachella if you don't like it. If you need beer to enjoy yourself, then you need some help, it's called AA. I'm sure they have AA in the UK or where ever the hell your from. I've met all kinds of people from all over the world and there is one thing I have learned, Europeans love to talk shit about the U.S, but they'll be the first ones booking flights to the U.S. . Fuckin two faced pussies. I have been going to Coachella for the past 8yrs....it's not perfect, but it's still here in the best country in the world....The United States of America!!!!! Fuck all you european bitches.

My major problem with Coachella, and this may be the only one, is the problem with getting people out at night. This has improved since my first in '05, but even last year it was a nightmare getting out of the parking areas. They need people stationed inside the parking areas after to control the amount of assholes who refuse to merge and take turns. It therefore turns into a complete circle jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420 View Post
    What a fuckin cry baby!!! Do you pee standing up? I doubt it....You sit down and pee like a good little bitch. Stay your bitch ass away from Coachella if you don't like it. If you need beer to enjoy yourself, then you need some help, it's called AA. I'm sure they have AA in the UK or where ever the hell your from. I've met all kinds of people from all over the world and there is one thing I have learned, Europeans love to talk shit about the U.S, but they'll be the first ones booking flights to the U.S. . Fuckin two faced pussies. I have been going to Coachella for the past 8yrs....it's not perfect, but it's still here in the best country in the world....The United States of America!!!!! Fuck all you european bitches.
    Whilst i'll agree the guy that started this thread is a little bit of a cry baby this post is still an epic lol!

Problems with Coachella? I LOVE Coachella! Been there every year since Year One! You want problems? I'll give ya problems: Alice Cooper at the Cincinnati Gardens on his "Welcome to my Nightmare" tour, or The Who at Riverfront Colsieum in Cincy on December 9. Now, THOSE were problems. Coachella? No problems.
    "Some people just need a hi-five in the face."

i was at this rave once. kind of near coachella actually. really neat venue. some art park of sorts. all was grand until about 4am when some speakers fell on some guy. then there were problems. never got to go to another party at that location. a shame really. i do hope that kid was ok though.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    i was at this rave once. kind of near coachella actually. really neat venue. some art park of sorts. all was grand until about 4am when some speakers fell on some guy. then there were problems. never got to go to another party at that location. a shame really. i do hope that kid was ok though.
    Hey PF... 1998 or so?... I was there..I went to two parties there..Smaller and Armageddon.. I dont remember anyone getting hurt or the party getting busted.. There was a pool which was gross and ravers were in it... But it was a beautiful location..

Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    Hmm, where to start. Came over from the UK especially

First and foremost the organizers moving the goal-posts.

1) Not being allowed to bring your own beer in - our friends was confiscated - lies

2) Not being allowed to bring your own water container in - they said so in the leaflets - again more lies

3) Not being allowed to come and go from the campsite - what the fuck is all this about? easily solved with a weekend or day wristband, I wasn't aware of this and missed Paul Mac due to being freezing cold and not allowed to go back and pick up my jumper. This was the stupidest rule, totally totally brainless.

4) Being Id'ed every 10 minutes - even though we had wristbands - incredibly annoying having to take my passport into the festival area every day

5) Lack of free water - this was bordering on a human rights disaster, charging 2 bucks for a small bottle of water and/or having to buy a 10 dollar coachella one, which you werent allowed to take into the beer garden in the campsite(???). Kids were fainting in the evening from dehydration. Why werent we allowed to bring in our own containers?

6) The Do-lab - that shite monstrosity who drowned out every quiet band on the 2nd stage and some of the tents. It should have been placed in a field on its own, maybe in place of the utterly useless Dome.

7) Clueless 'helpers' - Im sure this has been discussed on these boards. Very annoying.

8) Overpriced shit beer, I mean 7 bucks for a can of Heineken pish. No choice and way overpriced. Why was it so difficult to get a beer? Beer drinkers were treated like lepers, where pot smokers were everywhere, I even had the pleasure of witnessing a 16 year old honking on her crack pipe during the Cure.

Plusses - Music was amazing, BJM, MBV, Fleet Foxes, Jenny Lewis, Zane Lowe etc etc

People were genuinely friendly and I met some lovely lovely people.

The food was of excellent quality and by no means a rip off

Its just a shame that the festival organizers were totally shit, instead of being a 9-10/10 festival I feel that they dragged it down to a 6/10.
    wouldz youz like them to clothe and feed you too while youz at Coachella?

Maybe powderz your little bottomz too?

Youre a fluffy bunny cream puff!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    Hmm, where to start. Came over from the UK especially

First and foremost the organizers moving the goal-posts.

1) Not being allowed to bring your own beer in - our friends was confiscated - lies

2) Not being allowed to bring your own water container in - they said so in the leaflets - again more lies

3) Not being allowed to come and go from the campsite - what the fuck is all this about? easily solved with a weekend or day wristband, I wasn't aware of this and missed Paul Mac due to being freezing cold and not allowed to go back and pick up my jumper. This was the stupidest rule, totally totally brainless.

4) Being Id'ed every 10 minutes - even though we had wristbands - incredibly annoying having to take my passport into the festival area every day

5) Lack of free water - this was bordering on a human rights disaster, charging 2 bucks for a small bottle of water and/or having to buy a 10 dollar coachella one, which you werent allowed to take into the beer garden in the campsite(???). Kids were fainting in the evening from dehydration. Why werent we allowed to bring in our own containers?

6) The Do-lab - that shite monstrosity who drowned out every quiet band on the 2nd stage and some of the tents. It should have been placed in a field on its own, maybe in place of the utterly useless Dome.

7) Clueless 'helpers' - Im sure this has been discussed on these boards. Very annoying.

8) Overpriced shit beer, I mean 7 bucks for a can of Heineken pish. No choice and way overpriced. Why was it so difficult to get a beer? Beer drinkers were treated like lepers, where pot smokers were everywhere, I even had the pleasure of witnessing a 16 year old honking on her crack pipe during the Cure.

Plusses - Music was amazing, BJM, MBV, Fleet Foxes, Jenny Lewis, Zane Lowe etc etc

People were genuinely friendly and I met some lovely lovely people.

The food was of excellent quality and by no means a rip off

Its just a shame that the festival organizers were totally shit, instead of being a 9-10/10 festival I feel that they dragged it down to a 6/10.
    I think he has some very valid points...and Paul T and the Coachella staff probobly look at this sort of thing more than lets say...Who wine's and bitches about the line up..

1-5 i completly agree..espically the water situation, which they orginizers were taking a chance with this year...

Actually now that i think about it ..Did anyone notice that other than the desiginated water area's near the merch booth, beer garden ..etc.. There was no water to be found through out the festival.. In the past you could buy gatorade and lemon ice and water anywhere you walked but they were missing.. And @ one point i walked up to one of the vendors who was selling churros or something and i saw boxes of water behind him. I asked him why he wasnt selling them and the coachella orginizers were telling them they couldnt. They make lots of money of water sales... That thread teaches me two things..

a huge festival is expensive to put on, and every penny counts. Its still a business.

and secondly criticism shouldnt be looked at if its based on honest experiences. I think we all hold coachella to such a high standard. Its like talking shit about our mom or something. But lets not hate europeans, there the folks who have inspired this lovley festival to begin with..

Quote Originally Posted by Norwalkguy View Post
    Actually now that i think about it ..Did anyone notice that other than the desiginated water area's near the merch booth, beer garden ..etc.. There was no water to be found through out the festival.. In the past you could buy gatorade and lemon ice and water anywhere you walked but they were missing.. And @ one point i walked up to one of the vendors who was selling churros or something and i saw boxes of water behind him. I asked him why he wasnt selling them and the coachella orginizers were telling them they couldnt. They make lots of money of water sales... That thread teaches me two things..

a huge festival is expensive to put on, and every penny counts. Its still a business.

and secondly criticism shouldnt be looked at if its based on honest experiences. I think we all hold coachella to such a high standard. Its like talking shit about our mom or something. But lets not hate europeans, there the folks who have inspired this lovley festival to begin with..
    I bought water at like 1800 places throughout the weekend. In my experience the churro people have never sold it though. But any of the approximately half a million little umbrella'd gatorade stands pretty much always have it. I don't even understand what you're claiming here: you say the churro guy was told by GV that they couldn't sell water because GV wanted to make more money? I don't follow. Why would that make them more money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

there the folks who have inspired this lovley festival to begin with

I beg to differ. We had them by about 3-5 years and by 10 of thousands of people before the European fests got big ...... cr****

Bath was the brainchild of promoter Freddy Bannister and his wife Wendy Bannister , who had held the smaller Bath Festival Of Blues within Bath itself in 1969

Glastonbury
    The first Festival was held on the day after Jimi Hendrix died, over a two day period and before long “word had got around”. It was the Blues festival at the Bath & West Showground that had inspired Michael Eavis to begin a festival of his own although on a smaller scale.

Acts included: Marc Bolan, Keith Christmas, Stackridge, Al Stewart. Attendance: 1,500.

edit: I guess the Isle of Wight was an early european fest but by the time they had their first festival, I had gone to 3 US fests, all bigger, before it even happened.

My only problem I have ever stated I had with Coachella was no in and outs. problem fixed
    Last edited by canexplain; 01-04-2010 at 06:56 PM.
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    I bought water at like 1800 places throughout the weekend. In my experience the churro people have never sold it though. But any of the approximately half a million little umbrella'd gatorade stands pretty much always have it. I don't even understand what you're claiming here: you say the churro guy was told by GV that they couldn't sell water because GV wanted to make more money? I don't follow. Why would that make them more money?
    im just telling you what i was told and my expierence. I guess the vendors are actually the ones making money directly. Like i would assume the food vendors money goes directly to them, for a fee i assume.. I couldnt imagine any food vendors coming in to give thier product away for free. My conversation with the vendor was "The Coachella people dont want us selling water so the orginizers can make the profit off it" . Im a veteran of the festival for every year since day one. My view is like i said , its a business and there experimenting with a business model.. ( the refill for a 10$ bottle..) And this was by Sunday.. and i couldnt find water expcept for the coachella water sites..

I still support most changes coachella makes. Its usually for the better and its ever evolving.. Mostly for the better...

I do pretty much whatever I want, whenever I want when I am at Coachella.

Why cant you?
    Quote Originally Posted by IdiotequeThom View Post
    Shpongle Jedi flip if its a live set

short bus rider

Quote Originally Posted by PC-2 Violence View Post
    I do pretty much whatever I want, whenever I want when I am at Coachella.

Why cant you?
    U DON'T FOLLOW DA RULES THO

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Coachella is about a million times more organized than I could have ever imagined it to be. these complaints are so fucking ludicrous
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

You mean a board member named Drinkey McDrinkerstein doesn't have any problems with the way Coachella handles the beer gardens and the price of alcoholic drinks?! I don't believe it.
    Fresh off his "JUICY AUSTRALIA TOUR"

Yup. Complainers go fuck yourselves and stay away from those of us that like having a good time.

The biggest problem with most of the complaints is because it is different......

Some people can't work out differences and their brains take a while to adjust.

Coachella IS restrictive but as has been said once you get your head round it, organise yourself properly, those restrictions can be a god send.

As for the beer gardens, they are great places to meet people and it is a wonderful feeling that bottle flying over can't be beer it can only be piss or water

Actually, it is always water........which proves that Coachella is infinitely more sanitary than ther fests, but for me that was part of the attraction, to the point I came 4 times from the UK.

And.............don't be typically HEW ESS HAY about the europeans and the states, that's the sort of thing means people won't come and expand YOUR experience, because you get to meet people from places you still can't find on a map
    We're not becoming friends

Quote Originally Posted by bumper31 View Post
    The biggest problem with most of the complaints is because it is different......

Some people can't work out differences and their brains take a while to adjust.

Coachella IS restrictive but as has been said once you get your head round it, organise yourself properly, those restrictions can be a god send.

As for the beer gardens, they are great places to meet people and it is a wonderful feeling that bottle flying over can't be beer it can only be piss or water

Actually, it is always water........which proves that Coachella is infinitely more sanitary than ther fests, but for me that was part of the attraction, to the point I came 4 times from the UK.

And.............don't be typically HEW ESS HAY about the europeans and the states, that's the sort of thing means people won't come and expand YOUR experience, because you get to meet people from places you still can't find on a map
    You speak the American ?