Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My problems with Coachella....

Smile Re: My problems with Coachella....

Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    'your' festival? stupid people and absurd rules? And be surrounded by dickwads like you, woopee doo you smuggled some drink in, well hello my fancy pants.

Great, now where do I get my ticket
    Dude, they're not worth it. Seriously. It's like talking to a brick wall. Education has failed these people, not their fault really. Just be glad you are from the UK/Europe, where you have a better chance of becoming the person you are entitled to become, rather than a sheep.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Default Re: My problems with Coachella....

Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

OH NOEZ, ITZ BEEN BUMPD AGAIN!!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

This thread is starting to make me resent Europeans.

wait, this isn't a joke? wow, fooled me.
    Everyone, every where, has their own opinions. You only become an asshole for it when you try to push your views on others. This is a forum for fans of the festival to discuss it, not for people who hated it to try to make us see the light and boycott GV. You didn't enjoy it? I am terribly sorry that you don't get the same euphoric inducing experience as me (and a little sad for you too) from going to Coachella. However, I would never try to force my views on you.
    Hope the rest of your life is more enjoyable. Good day sir.
    your pockets are no longer filled with sunshine, now they are filled with sadness and despair.

does anybody else think it's great that we don't have to pay for parking? i mean, it's the little things.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Quote Originally Posted by midnitevulture View Post
    Dude, they're not worth it. Seriously. It's like talking to a brick wall. Education has failed these people, not their fault really. Just be glad you are from the UK/Europe, where you have a better chance of becoming the person you are entitled to become, rather than a sheep.
    Is it true that they fuck sheep over there in Europe?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

as long as it's not a pig, i don't see a problem with that BD.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    You'd be amazed how people treat you when you treat them the same way.

Stop whining and work on being polite next time. Or, wait a few years and get old and wise like me before attempting our festival again.
    Agreed. Manners are the thread of society.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    40% of GV's revenue is beer
    for stagecoach i'd believe it...

Is it true that they fuck sheep over there in Europe?
    at least we dont fuck out brothers/sisters/mothers/fathers you inbred redneck fuckers

at least we dont fuck out brothers/sisters/mothers/fathers you inbred redneck fuckers
    Well, just damnnnn...Are you sure it wasn't Stagecoach that you went to?

Inbred redneck fuckers are set to benefit from the Obama administration.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

ummm...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...27/2430857.htm

just a little snippet of that article:

"Police and social services in South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire launched an investigation into the incest case after the man was jailed for life on Tuesday (local time) for making his daughters pregnant 19 times in almost 25 years."

now go brush your tooth...

Quote Originally Posted by lindysindie View Post
    wait, this isn't a joke? wow, fooled me.
    Everyone, every where, has their own opinions. You only become an asshole for it when you try to push your views on others. This is a forum for fans of the festival to discuss it, not for people who hated it to try to make us see the light and boycott GV. You didn't enjoy it? I am terribly sorry that you don't get the same euphoric inducing experience as me (and a little sad for you too) from going to Coachella. However, I would never try to force my views on you.
    Hope the rest of your life is more enjoyable. Good day sir.
    yup yup and yup. I don't know what you expected from going onto a music festival's message board filled with die hard fans and giving them your laundry list of complaints, but it obviously didn't give you much.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    ummm...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...27/2430857.htm

just a little snippet of that article:

"Police and social services in South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire launched an investigation into the incest case after the man was jailed for life on Tuesday (local time) for making his daughters pregnant 19 times in almost 25 years."

now go brush your tooth...
    OH SNAPZ!!
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

The Rednecks have cordially invited you to a special concert in the backwoods. Not sure who's playing but they said you had a complimentary VIP pass...

Just because you're used to paying for your girls doesn't mean you had to do it for your water! LOL
    Anyway...Another example I think of whining so much that you become a target. The very first day we went in and I walked right through the gates with my bag open, tickets in hand, and my bullet full of some stinky weed right in the palm of my hand. We chose to wait until getting into the fest for our 21 bracelets only to realize I didn't bring my ID...Hell, as you know, I haven't seen 21 in a long time. In any case, we took a chance and asked security if I could go back to our tent and get it, respecting the fact that the rules said no...( I had accepted the fact that I would have no beer that day...Instead, the dude was nice in return and allowed me to go while suffacated waited. Knowing that I'd probably be searched more thoroughly coming back in, I left my little stinky bullet with him (And my sweater with my tequila down the sleeve) and went for my ID, thanking them for this priveledge. You'd be amazed how people treat you when you treat them the same way. Stop whining and work on being polite next time. Or, wait afew years and get old and wise like me before attempting our festival again.
    what the fuck are you talking about? I am used to tipping people, unlike you I guess???

I never once whined until I got onto this forum and voiced MY OPINION. I am just stating FACTS. Why should we have to ask to go in and out of the camp area when we clearly have the ticket in our hands. It makes no fucking sense to me. Let alone the bracelet problem for alcohol! I did the same thing your "all mighty, self-righteous veteran" ass did as well and I am only a first timer. THINK of the possibilites I can come up with when I am a "veteran" such as yourself! WOW! *sarcasm*

Wait a few years before coming back...

HAH
    it's better to live as if there are no "do-overs," so that you won't need one. I thought I'd share this with you, to work in the bits about fear, mistakes, and how precious today's opportunities are.

did anybody else see the assload of camelbacks this year?
    weekend one

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Every festival I have ever been to (20+) I have been allowed to bring my own beer in
    Which festivals were these?

I'm sorry you didn't have the best experience but it seems like a lot of this could have been avoided by reading the Coachella Festival and Camping FAQ page.

Quote Originally Posted by kas_t View Post
    I'm from Spain, and I was in Coachella this year... but i didn't come to US just for the festival... that's the good news... hhahahah

well, I'm really agree with the guy from UK, and all the things he criticize... I can sum up what my feeling are after the festival with that:

COACHELLA IS THE MATRIX OF MUSIC FESTIVALS

and I can explain, If u have never been in a Music Festival, coachella is awesome... all this concerts, people, good organization, all clean, weather "during the day"... everything seems perfect...
    but if u have been to a European Festival... DON'T GO!!!... with all that silly rules... I know is US, I know we could read FAQ before come, but in that case I'm so sorry for american young people... and now I understand why I found every saturday night in Barcelona american guys telling me what incredible is Barcelona and Spain
    word *it's time to get rid of some of those fucking douchy pretentious hipsters attending/running this festival *

I've been 3 times to Coachella ('06, '07, '08) AND I made the best/greatest decision (yet ... ever in my life) of not going this year ... "1st half of McCartney's show is crap because he did not play enough Beatles" lulz FUCK YOU!

Your music festivals (club parties etc) in UK and Spain are awesome. You all know how to rock and party!
    Last edited by idrive1life; 05-03-2009 at 02:53 PM.
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Quote Originally Posted by idrive1life View Post
    word *it's time to get rid of some of those fucking douchy pretentious hipsters attending/running this festival *

I've been 3 times to Coachella ('06, '07, '08) AND I made the best/greatest decision (yet ... ever in my life) of not going this year ... "1st half of McCartney's show is crap because he did not play enough Beatles" lulz FUCK YOU!

Your music festivals (club parties etc) in UK and Spain are awesome. You all know how to rock and party!
    sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by midnitevulture View Post
    Do a bit of research before you make a complete fuckin retard of yourself next time.

Oxegen(closest to Coachella in evil) http://www.oxegen.ie/2009/index.php?...d=51&Itemid=58

Benicassim(sold its soul a few years ago but still miles ahead of Coachella) http://fiberfib.com/en/line-up/benic...festival-2009/

Summercase(no soul selling, clearly affecting lineup, but wayyyyy more enjoyable than all of the above) http://www.summercase.com/indexen.html

Electric Picnic(light years ahead of Coachella) http://www.electricpicnic.ie/html/music.html

Pukkelpop(light years ahead of Coachella, like the above, the lineup is far from finished but getting there, yes I realise 50 Cent is hilarious). http://www.pukkelpop.be/nl/line-up/all-names/

Finally, the biggy, Glastonbury. Doesn't need any introduction.

America, open your eyes, you are getting gang raped by GV.
    Clearly you had no idea what he was even talking about. Obviously it's the quality of the festival, not the lineup. Sure, that's important, but having a solid festival with a good line-up and great fans are more of an interest to me and i'm sure many others as well.

It's not called sheep fucking. It's inter-species relations.

Now where did flossy go?
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelmontanez View Post
    did anybody else see the assload of camelbacks this year?
    we snuck in our camel pack on saturday once we found out how chill security was it was fuckin sweet having it
    Coachella is better than Christmas

When traveling, its a good rule of thumb is not to expect another country to be exactly like yours (liquor laws, security measures, food, beer, weather...duh), and then bitch about it because it's not. I would extend that rule to cover festivals. They are all different.

Quote Originally Posted by trancehiphop View Post
    what the fuck are you talking about? I am used to tipping people, unlike you I guess???

I never once whined until I got onto this forum and voiced MY OPINION. I am just stating FACTS. Why should we have to ask to go in and out of the camp area when we clearly have the ticket in our hands. It makes no fucking sense to me. Let alone the bracelet problem for alcohol! I did the same thing your "all mighty, self-righteous veteran" ass did as well and I am only a first timer. THINK of the possibilites I can come up with when I am a "veteran" such as yourself! WOW! *sarcasm*

Wait a few years before coming back...

HAH
    I don't have to wait afew years to come back...I live here, you whiny twat!