Thread: My Coachella Story (I'M TRYING TO FIND THE PERSON WHO HELPED ME!)

Lurker

Default My Coachella Story (I'M TRYING TO FIND THE PERSON WHO HELPED ME!)

I think I have a story worth sharing.

Sunday, early afternoon, I lose my keys while I'm packing up my stuff. I can open my car, I just can't start the damn thing. I tear it apart, look underneath other cars, ask people, and get a whole lot of nothing. Three hours later I decide to go in for the last day of Coachella and deal with this later. My passenger door is propped open so I can at least get back in later. Festival-goers don't steal stuff, right?

Coachella ends, lost and found has nothing. Following the instructions of an Australian lad, I force open the panel beneath my steering wheel and attempt my first hotwire, only to find that my 03 Accord has wonderful security features that don't allow this.

All options exhausted, I consult the 24-hour festival locksmiths (Isn't Coachella great?). A goateed hipster in a bolwer hat tells me he can't even hotwire the damn thing, and a super-special laser-transmitter key will have to be made for $400. I don't have $400 in my checking account, or even the money to replace my house keys, but I've no choice.

Some time later the key's finished, and Hipster is kind enough to drive me to my car... only I can't find the damn thing. A few times we pass by a car parked sideways with a cone on top of it. Hipster asks, "what the hell is that?" After a few laps I get out of the car and hunt for my car in a slight panic. It ain't where it was parked OH SHIT SOMEONE STOLE MY CAR. I run by the sideways-cone car again.

OH SHIT THAT'S MY CAR.

I remove the cone. "What the hell happened??"

Hipster: "..and there are your keys."

The word KEYS is written in dust with an arrow pointing to the cone. Someone found my keys, tracked down my car with the remote, and parked it illegally, blocking another car. Why they had to move the car is a mystery, other than the possibility of a joyride. Makes more sense to just steal the damn thing.

Some guys I befriended run over. "OH SHIT IS THAT YOUR CAR?" "This is so bizarre." "THAT'S a Coachella story." Hipster, seeing how odd the situation is, lets me go without paying paying for $400 of work.

I get home 5:30 in the morning, in time to get three hours of sleep before work.

So I created this account just to find whoever helped me! Whoever found my keys and parked my car sideways, THANK YOU! Thank you for not stealing my car or my stuff! I'll probably never speak to you so I just want to say I'm very grateful!

Default Re: My Coachella Story (I'M TRYING TO FIND THE PERSON WHO HELPED ME!)

just a bit of coachella magic.

Wow, that's an awesome story. I really hope the person who drove your car comes on these boards and reads this. It must have been a long night for you, that's great you got your keys back!

I love Coachella!

Lurker

that is freakish!! i can only imagine the stress then the relief!!!

It was an alien.

I would be a spastic mess glad you got sprinkled!!!

That is some X-Files shit

Quote Originally Posted by victhebrick21 View Post
    That is some X-Files shit
    uhhh yeah but in the mean time while in the midst of solving the mystery can you please run over to cucas n grab me a bean burrito and shredded beef taco, please!!!

I did it but,

I had swine flu... you're fucked.
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

go listen to wolfmother...

What a killer story, congrats!

Oh, someone had placed a perfectly fine apple on the top of my car.
    THANKS TO WHOEVER PLACED THE APPLE ON MY PRIUS
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Lurker

Wow I have told this story a lot in fact just yesterday at the phish festival. Sorry to hear you haven't found the mystery prankster/ I have not been called the hipster before, I kinda like it.

I found someone's phone and returned it into lost and found.

Awesome story , something similar happened to us last year. Not as crazy as that . . good luck finding these nice people

Thanks for sharing. Gives me hope that there is still good in the world... This story is way more uplifting than the Aidz needles in the Sahara...

Oh yeah, And that was WAY decent of the Locksmith to a) not charge you, and b) give you a ride to your car. That walk back to the lot after a day of festiving is a BITCH!!!
    Last edited by EastLos01; 11-17-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: misspelling
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Darn that is a story worth sharing
    Anyways, I hope you have reported the incident to the local authorities, your car might have been used for some illegal activity and you might get into trouble for that!

There aren't any illegal activities occurring in or around Coachella
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

Nobody made a crime?

..maybe it was security
    I Wanna Drive Into The Sunset

Coachella 2007
    Coachella 2008
    Coachella 2009
    Coachella 2010
    The Big 4 2011
    Coachella 2012 ( I WONT FUCKING MISS IT! )