Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else have a post Coachella cold?

Default Re: Does anyone else have a post Coachella cold?

What happens at coachella stays at coachella... except herpes, that shit will come back with you.

I started getting a little sore throat last night, and I have a little runny nose today.

Count me in as one of the sick. Not sure how I'm going to make it through work today.

First year I didn't get a post-Coachella cold! Although I did have one the week before...

I used my bandana to cover my nose/mouth a lot more than I did last year and I feel like I'm coughing out less dust. I don't quite feel sick but I've been having a hard time kicking the jet lag.
    /crawls under desk for a nap

/not really

/okay maybe.
    '11, '12.1 coldchella

Holy crap, I feel terrible. I rarely ever get sick, and i loaded up on vitamins before and during the trip. I've got congestion, really sore throat, headache, and exhaustion. My lungs also hurt.

Sore throat kicked in the other day, cough is coming in hard this morning, and I'm definitely feeling that "I feel like I have a fever even though I don't officially have a fever but I'm probably 12 hours from having a fever" thing. You know, that thing.

Also hasn't helped that Tuesday and Wednesday were 12 hour work days, and today is looking similar...I haven't had any chance to catch up on sleep which I'm sure is just exacerbating things.

I think my immune system just collapsed this week after the toll my body took last weekend.

Ugh. I'm soooo sick. Mostly just cold symptoms, but my whole body aches.
    This ain't no middle of the mall shit.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    For Linkin Park this is kind of embarrassing, but this song would be great live if you just wanna have fun and grind on a girl.
    Diarrhea Planet 2015

haven't gotten too sick yet. which is good because i'm going back to the hellhole tonight.

my gf said she's starting to get a little sniffly. I was fucked up on Saturday and Sunday of chella though... My throat was absolutely raw. I was drinking honey straight from the bottle (pouring it into a waterbottle cap to be sanitary) all of Sunday. Only way I got through the day...

But it's weird, I like screamed my sore throat away during Dre and Snoop. I just couldn't help but scream the lyrics and smoke as much as I could... So I just buried the pain.

Still sound like a 40+ year smoker, but the pain is gone, so I'm chilling I guess.

i must've inhaled a pound of dust cause my allergies are still taking a beating. i surprisingly didn't get that bad of a cold though
    #coachellaweekend1
    #takeitsleazy

Not sure what I expected to happen after drinking/drugging for 4 days in 2 temperature extremes amid a giant cloud of dust. wAH.

old school

I don't get colds in the winter, but I've got the Coachella flu 3 years running. Not sure if it's the dry air, public drinking water or the climate change flying back to Canada. Slept, hydrated, didn't party and have taken industrial levels of vit c and other stuff that soothes the throat.

blame the dust, it's nasty out there. take a picture with flash at night and it looks like a heavy snowfall, yet you don't rerally see it with the naked eye while walking around.

medically it's called valley or desert fever:
    http://www.medterms.com/script/main/...ticlekey=15209

Desert fever: A disease also called coccidioidomycosis (CM) due to a fungus called Coccidioides immitis. About 40% of people infected with this fungus develop symptoms. Most often they have an influenza-like illness with fever, cough, headaches, rash, and myalgias (muscle pains). Of those people with symptoms, 8% have severe lung disease requiring hospitalization and 7% develop disseminated infection (throughout the body).

Groups at high risk from the fungus include African-Americans and Asians, pregnant women in the third trimester, smokers, the elderly, diabetics and people with an impaired immune system. Severe disease tends particularly to strike in HIV-infected persons. The mortality is high in HIV-infected persons with diffuse lung disease. CM meningitis can lead to permanent brain damage.

The fungus is in the soil in semiarid areas (primarily in the "lower Sonoran life zone"). The disease is endemic (constantly present) in the southwestern US and parts of Mexico and South America. Inhalation of airborne spores after disturbance of soil by people or natural disasters (such as wind storms and earthquakes) exposes people (as for example, construction or agricultural workers and archeologists) to the dust containing the spores. A mask helps but does not provide complete protection against the fungus.
    The incidence of the disease was 15/100,000 in Arizona in 1995. Of persons living in areas with endemic disease, between 10% and 50% have been found to show a positive skin test to CM. In one outbreak, 35 church members from Pennsylvania traveled to Hermosillo, Mexico, where they stayed a week to build a church. Within 2 weeks of returning home, 27 of the travelers complained of flu-like symptoms and testing revealed exposure to the fungus that causes CM.

The disease is also known by a number of other names including Posadas disease, San Joaquin fever, San Joaquin Valley disease, San Joaquin Valley fever, and valley fever.
    easy to see why my pulmonary docs hat me going out to coachella and that i really am being irresponsible by putting my health at such risk, but fuck it, it's coachella.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 04-19-2012 at 04:42 PM.

That and there are really high levels of pollen out there. How people live there year round is beyond me.

This weekend will create more Coachella Flu. TONS of hot dusty crap in the air.

i got one after taking a dump in the porto potty and not washing my soul.

I started getting a sore throat Mon; Tues was rough; Wed was miserable and today I am better but not 100%. I did this to myself by putting my body and mind through a lot over the course of four days, but I need to get better for weekend 2.

On Wed I was doubting my ability to camp for a second weekend, so I'm taking Thurs night off this weekend and might leave before the 10 pm cutoff for cars on Sun. Seeing as how I have to work Mon I don't see how I could do three straight days again even though I really, really want to see a full adequate Justice set and Modeselektor again. I guess we'll see what happens. Coachella only happens for 6 days out of the year so maybe next week's miserable feelings will be worth it.
    Last edited by Bons222000; 04-19-2012 at 06:46 PM.

my girlfriend, brother, and sister all got sick really bad. i seem to be the only one unscathed from the weekend, unless the illness is in a dormant stage waiting to unleash it's fury soon.
    '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12 w1, '13 w2..

I got it, too. Coachellergies :\
    The Eels - 5.14.14 @ The Crescent Ballroom

Yeah I feel like shit.

I've had this cold a couple of times.

I've always wondered if it was the dramatic change from hot to cold weather or if my immune system was detoxing from the daily smog.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I got a cold at Cold-Chella as well....every year we come from Vancouver and struggle a bit with going from cold/wet spring in Van to hot/dry spring here...but this year is an actual sore throat, coughing cold. Still worth every bit....great weekend with many many great shows. My favs in no particular order:

Black Keys
    Sleeper Agent
    Arctic Monkeys
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Black Lips

Me as well, kicked into full gear on Wednesday

Yep, pretty bad for me (I don't get sick often). Monday I was fine but Tuesday and Wednesday were BAD, total head congestion, sore throat, no voice really. Thursday a wee bit better and today I just feel achey all over and am still coughing. I have literally spent hours in my bathroom this week taking hot shower after hot shower like a steam room. Yes, it was worth it but this sucks.

I have a minor cold, some mucus, but I'll be alright.
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

Coughing like I have the consumption.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Yeah. I'm practically on my deathbed since Monday.

i tried my hardest this year with hand sanitizer and anything else and well i failed..3rd year in a row where i'm sick right after and i rarely ever get a sick...oh well its to be expected ..well worth it though!
    Quote Originally Posted by mncarpooler View Post
    Anything that's not Sahara tent trash is going to have a small crowd it seems like. I wandered over near the Sahara once all weekend and it was a clusterfuck of the douchiest looking people you could ever imagine.

my sister is suffering but i've gone three times now and never had the post coachella flu. wonder what it is
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.