Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do we do now, friends...

Unhappy What do we do now, friends...

This was my first year at Coachella. I'm a senior in high school, and all year I've been working hard on college applications, AP classes, etc...
    I was looking forward to coachella all year as an escape, and it totally blew me away.

there were so many great bands that I was dying to see--and i'm sure I dont have to explain to you guys the magic of being surrounded by that much music, and soul.

On sunday our group won Carpoolchella! We recieved VIP wristbands and sidestage access all day. Getting to meet all of the bands, and hang out with Keith Murray (We Are Scientists lead singer) was mindblowing. W.A.S. is one of my favourite bands, and when I ran into keith with a friend we hung out with him for almost an hour...

now I find myself at home--brutally depressed, and missing hanging out with him. lol. i cant even look at the picutres and videos of us or I start to cry. We fuckin poured booze to honour my dead grandma.

Now I'm also doubting my college choice--before going to coachella I thought I was going to go to UCSB, a college in my hometown. but when i came home, i suddenly felt that i have to leave--to excperience something different. So now im considering University of San Francisco, even though it isnt as 'good' of a school.

As a coachella newbie, this was a mindblowing experience.

what do I do now...

Default Re: What do we do now, friends...

berkeley!

I'm also a Senior in HS right now and enjoyed Coachella this year as well.

I'm attending SF State in August... By the way, you do know that UC San Francisco is only medical/dental right?
    Quote Originally Posted by lizng View Post
    Nickelback to me is like walking into an ethnic restaurant and asking to have some unoriginal American cuisine like chicken tenders with a side of ranch dressing.

si, UCSF is medical--but im now considering USF (the university of san francisco). sounds very similar, but actually different lol

Oh I thought you'd typed that lol, my bad. Yeah I actually never looked into that school. I probably should have.

Oh well. Check out SF State though still. Do you have a major in mind?
    Quote Originally Posted by lizng View Post
    Nickelback to me is like walking into an ethnic restaurant and asking to have some unoriginal American cuisine like chicken tenders with a side of ranch dressing.

yeah, im majoring in english (minoring in art or gender studies)

life from this point forward is just what you do in between coachellas.

we all sorta go through that post-coachella depression. for some reason this year wasnt that bad for me even tho it was a great weekend. yes sometimes looking back at the experience i get teary eyed myself. for the past year any time i heard mgmt's time to pretend i'd get all emotional because it brought back such vivid memories of 08

i went to a show at a club tonite, seemed pretty boring in comparison

anyway take what you can from it and start looking forward to the end of the year when they announce the dates, then the end of january for the lineup, baby steps. oh and check out santa cruz if you havent. the area kinda reminds me of berkeley and humboldt mixed together. always interesting stuff going on there, one of the weirdest towns ive ever been to and a good school as well

now, we wait...

Quote Originally Posted by coachellaforever09 View Post
    This was my first year at Coachella. I'm a senior in high school, and all year I've been working hard on college applications, AP classes, etc...
    I was looking forward to coachella all year as an escape, and it totally blew me away.

there were so many great bands that I was dying to see--and i'm sure I dont have to explain to you guys the magic of being surrounded by that much music, and soul.

On sunday our group won Carpoolchella! We recieved VIP wristbands and sidestage access all day. Getting to meet all of the bands, and hang out with Keith Murray (We Are Scientists lead singer) was mindblowing. W.A.S. is one of my favourite bands, and when I ran into keith with a friend we hung out with him for almost an hour...

now I find myself at home--brutally depressed, and missing hanging out with him. lol. i cant even look at the picutres and videos of us or I start to cry. We fuckin poured booze to honour my dead grandma.

Now I'm also doubting my college choice--before going to coachella I thought I was going to go to UCSB, a college in my hometown. but when i came home, i suddenly felt that i have to leave--to excperience something different. So now im considering University of San Francisco, even though it isnt as 'good' of a school.

what do I do now...
    Go to the better school and travel when you can.

Set yourself up for success and take advantage of weekends and holidays to travel North, South and East.

While at UCSB live on Campus and that will certainly be a rawking new experience.
    4/11 Chela / Classixx @ The Independent
    4/14 MSMR / Jagwar Ma @ The Fillmore
    4/18 Disclosure @ The Greek Theater
    4/18 Flight Facilities @ The Mezzanine
    5/13 Broods @ The Independent
    5/30 Goldroom @ The Independent
    6/07 Jungle @ The Independent
    7/02 EMA @ The Independent
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5

Quote Originally Posted by im so indie View Post
    life from this point forward is just what you do in between coachellas.
    Sigging.

Go to Santa Cruz or stick to Santa Barbara. Undergrad isn't much work - get access to a car and make it a priority to take frequent road trips all over the West Coast. If Coachella made you super happy, make a habit of driving everywhere between Vancouver and San Diego to see shows.

1) Go to a funeral! I was soooo depressed on Monday/Tuesday, then I had to go to my Grandma's funeral on Wednesday and it totally took me out of Coachella-mode. Now I just remember having a blast!

2) Go to another festival! I've got Sasquatch to look forward to in 4 weeks. Wooo!
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

Dude...UCSB is great for partying...remember this when making your choice. I feel IV calling to me already...
    But yeah, pretty much, then next year will be saving money and making plans for next coachella while looking at pictures and youtube videos of your favorite moments...
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

School is the devil, Bobby!

Lurker

what do I do now...
    Thank you for the good LOL. You sound like every AP kid I have ever met: repressed, unable to make personal decisions, completely fascinated with any slight deviance from the norm. This is what advanced placement classes do to your brainz. Sounds like Straight A's from the Dead Kennedys.

dude, SB would be sick, but you live there already, yes?

well fuck it. go anywhere but there. sure it's a "good" school, but everyone i know (and myself included) would make their choices now on going to different part of California. I went to humboldt state, and even though i eventually moved back home, i will never be the same person and never forget the amazing experiences and friends i made. moving out of your hometown that you grew up in is a necessity! and just because you make one school choice now, doesn't mean you can't change it later.

after choosing a school that was 14 hours away from home, im now transferring to another cal state an hour away. so basically, choose SF state or something of that sort. you can always go back to SB! and yes, next year will be a lot harder to get to coachella . . . its harder saving money in college, while drinking all the time.
    Why couldn't Coachella end on 4/20?

Quote Originally Posted by sin213 View Post
    dmb, re: your sig >> technically, coachella does end on 4/20...most acts will finish up a few mins after midnight.

have a fatty ready for midnight yo.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

The choice between USF and Santa Barbara is a choice between a small private school and a large UC, so it's not just good vs. not-as-good. USF might be better if you're the type of person who likes to be able to talk to professors and small class sizes and all that stuff. I went to St. Mary's, in the same conference as USF, and I'm still not sure that I made the right decision, but I definitely appreciate what I had (I also chose SMC over USF FWIW).

Quote Originally Posted by shermanoaksyo View Post
    Go to Santa Cruz or stick to Santa Barbara. Undergrad isn't much work - get access to a car and make it a priority to take frequent road trips all over the West Coast. If Coachella made you super happy, make a habit of driving everywhere between Vancouver and San Diego to see shows.
    How do people find time/money to do this? I just...don't get it. I would love to do these things, but I just don't understand how it's possible. Someone explain this routine to me. I wonder about this every time I look at someone's sig and they're going to every festival and shows up and down the coast every day of the week.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

I'm transferring to SB and there's no way in hell I'm missing coachella every year. We can car pool together. HEHEHEHE.

I'm at Santa Cruz. It's pretty much fun.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

what do I do now...
    The Buddha says
    that after one has attained enlightenment
    one should "chop wood, carry water".
    This is the teaching of the Dharma.

Good news, the depression wore off in a week or two (as im sure all of you vets know haha) and simply turned into some very happy memories :]

I'm so excited for Coachella next year! And after tons of deliberation, i decided to go to USF. UCSB is great, but the art scene (being an artist/writer) in San Fran is so awesome, and after learning more about the school I could really picture myself as a student there.

Here's to working hard in fun classes I actually enjoy (fuck calculus), and exploring a new city :]

See you at Coachella 2010! (Fingers crossed for Daft Punk)

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Nice! I'm sorry your basketball team sucks.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Banned

ive been masturbating violently for the past few weeks

coachellaforver09
    you could also stop being a little bitch and crying every time you hear a coachella artist

dude, chill out.

:]

Quote Originally Posted by l337moomoo View Post
    I'm transferring to SB and there's no way in hell I'm missing coachella every year. We can car pool together. HEHEHEHE.
    No more Fullerton??

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    1) Go to a funeral! I was soooo depressed on Monday/Tuesday, then I had to go to my Grandma's funeral on Wednesday and it totally took me out of Coachella-mode. Now I just remember having a blast!
    wow. you seem like a terrible person.

Lurker

dude, chill out.

:]
    dude, shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by frenzplz View Post
    ive been masturbating violently for the past few weeks
    Well thats nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ghoulina View Post
    Thank you for the good LOL. You sound like every AP kid I have ever met: repressed, unable to make personal decisions, completely fascinated with any slight deviance from the norm. This is what advanced placement classes do to your brainz. Sounds like Straight A's from the Dead Kennedys.
    HAHA! AP classes are literally a mindfuck. I took AP Biology last year and AP Music Theory this year and i utterly regret it. I only took AP classes because I was in this program that REQUIRED me to do so. Over the past summer however, to my surprise, i got a letter from the school pretty much saying that I'm kicked out of the program because my grades aren't high enough. Lame much? Indeed. APs were a waste of my fucking time. I'm glad that I didn't let APs take over my life though since I pretty much had a dgaf attitude towards it. Hallelujah to no APs my senior year next year!

But yeah, APs have seriously ruined a lot of people I know (good friends too, unfortunately). A lot of them are always stressed out, super depressed, and never enjoy their lives (or don't have the enthusiasm to make plans to make their lives more enjoyable). It's a very sad sight to see.
    Chuck Norris has the best poker face of all time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite having in his hand a Joker, a 6 of Clubs, a Get Out of Jail Free Monopoly Card, his drivers license, and a Green Uno Card.