Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: BUSTED AT COACHELLA!!!!

Default Re: BUSTED AT COACHELLA!!!!

did you sell to an undercover? a friend of mine was just busted at 4:20 Festival for doing this. given, he's a dumbass, and i'm not calling you one, but i've heard of similar cases very recently. lots of narcs going around.

i'd say just stay away from the e anyway. e is for girls.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

I'm always undercover...what kind of dumbass advertises!!!

Coachella Junkie

How in the fuck do you get busted for a pill in a crowd of thousands? Clearly you were being a retard. Coachella needs less retards. Congratulations police.

Be smarter next time and you won't have this problem, everyone else that did drugs that didn't go to jail got away with it and some how YOU got busted. Any time someone at a festival comes up to me and says "do you know where i can get some E", no matter how cool they look or young or whatever the answer is always the same, NO!!! The guy who got busted rolling a joint in his car is dumb too, why wouldn't you roll your joint in your hotel room or tent or wherever the fuck you are staying. Quit bitching get smarter about your drug use and stay out of jail.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 04-23-2009 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phwomp View Post
    I am quite aware that drugs are illegal but why'd they have to actually enforce the law on me? stupid coachella.
    fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Common sense, people, and I'm not talking Thomas Paine.

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    I'm always undercover...what kind of dumbass advertises!!!
    Um.....
    never mind...

I saw hardly any cops this year. Especially in the campsite. I am used to seeing a ton of pigs up on their horses when we went in but I didnít see any horses. And in the festival I only saw like 6 cops over the whole weekend. If you are discrete you will be fine. Just donít be a flaunting e-tard and you wont get caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

the horsiecops are my favorite. always so polite. they're only there for riot crowd control, which hardly ever is necessary. last year i was terrified that one of them was a policeman centaur. he reassured me that he was not, in fact, a "centaur" and told me that i might want to get some rest. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mvanwinkle View Post
    I saw hardly any cops this year. Especially in the campsite. I am used to seeing a ton of pigs up on their horses when we went in but I didnít see any horses. And in the festival I only saw like 6 cops over the whole weekend. If you are discrete you will be fine. Just donít be a flaunting e-tard and you wont get caught.
    LOL! <33
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Common sense, people, and I'm not talking Thomas Paine.
    http://instantrimshot.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe View Post
    Here is all I'll say about borders ... the Los Angeles Angels.

I'm guessing that you got caught with pills that you were selling or trying to sell, thus the felony? If that is the case distribution is much different than using and I'm fairly sure that is what the cops were probably on the prowl for. Unless you were tossing them up in the air and catching them in your mouth like Cheetos how in the world would they know you had pills? Either way, that's pretty ridiculous... don't blame cops for doing their job.

Now, I'd like clarification on the people who were busted with weed, especially if they had a prescription card valid in the State of California... unless those were DEA agents wouldn't they have to abide by the state approved prescription cards? Also, I thought partaking in marijuana was now a "ticketable offense" in the state of California? They still haul people to jail for simple possession?

With that said, I didn't do any drugs... but I sure as crap saw a ton of people lighting up joints, pipes and even bongs throughout the entire weekend pretty openly.
    Nothing can stop me now...

You know they didn't even pat anyone down at the gates, at least the times I walked in. You could carry whatever you wanted into the place. You could have probably snuck in a 12 pack under your shirt and nobody would have stopped you, with one exception...

If you're trying to "sneak" stuff in and avoid being caught, can you please NOT wear the t-shirt with the pot leaf and show up already stoned at the gate?

Furthermore, people were walking around smoking actual bongs in the open.

If you got busted, you did something in public. Nobody was following you into the portapotty, or even around the corner out of the MAIN FREAKING CROWD.

I was shocked how laxed the searches were actually.

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

I actually noticed more cops than usual, but it sure didn't stop me from smoking my joints. I almost feel bad for the cops who have to bust people for weed- it IS their job, regardless of right or wrong, and it's so so easy to keep your pot smoking out of their sight that it's almost unfair to the cops to do it in the open.

my coachella weed rules:

always roll in the campground or otherwise before entry

always smoke DURING a performance, in a crowd.

whatever you are bringing in, simply tape it to the inside of your thigh. as it happens, I wasn't even patted down once, but why take a chance or put the security guard in that awkward situation when it's so easy to avoid?

You might add:
    Why take the risk when you can smoke Randys weed instead....

I was wearing shorts, not too baggy, with no shirt and was able to sneak a 20 oz full of soco down my shorts.
    And those shorts are already at a shortage of realestate, but it still wasn't difficult. Getting busted just means your an idiot or extremely unlucky.
    either way.. you broke the law.. don't be shocked when you're punished.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatcher View Post
    I only saw 2 police officers inside the grounds the entire weekend. I did see 4 mounted police on the way in one day. I usually see them prowling around every day in groups of 4.
    wow were you at the fest? I saw cops everywhere, although i had no problem with cops but they were everywhere...where the fuck is banning by the way? Never cared much about that town to locate it but that is where their badges were from.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Um.....
    never mind...
    I think I have a feeling what your thought may have been...hell know!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Groux View Post
    Now, I'd like clarification on the people who were busted with weed, especially if they had a prescription card valid in the State of California... unless those were DEA agents wouldn't they have to abide by the state approved prescription cards? Also, I thought partaking in marijuana was now a "ticketable offense" in the state of California? They still haul people to jail for simple possession?
    even DEA agents can no longer do this in california. if you have a card, it is legal now. period.
    LOL! <33

He spent 10 hours in jail as well and is being charged with a felony to boot!
    If he's being charged with a felony there's much more to the story than him rolling a single joint.

Coachella Junkie

Coachella, as an event and a concept is relatively drug-friendly. Between the artists, the location and the demographics it appeals to I would think this is evident.

If this indeed is accepted practice why the FUCK did they have an entire task force working to bust as many people as possible before the Indio County jail literally filled to capacity? I've read some of the other posts talking about narcs floating around the Sahara tent. Well, let me tell you, they were right. I got busted with E, (at a Rave? Crazy...) and I got locked up. I'm looking at a pretty major felony. I sat in jail all Friday with a colorful cast of characters that were eventually transferred to make room for all the Coachellians. One kid that was in there had been in there for over 10 hours AFTER he had made bail for having weed brownies... I found out later over 20 kids were arrested, all for similar, minor offenses.

Another case stood out as being even more outrageous! One of my cellmates had been caught rolling a joint IN HIS CAR when one of the task force pricks, flashed the badge, and pulled him out of his car. He had a medical card on him and they proceeded to tell him his CA STATE ISSUED card didn't apply in Riverside County. Last I checked, Riverside was still in CA. BFE yes, but still Cali. He spent 10 hours in jail as well and is being charged with a felony to boot!

I am quite aware that drugs are illegal but filling a jail with concert goers seems counterproductive to the entire spirit of Coachella. It's held in that waste of a city to bring the desert income. Ease up on the aggressive, needless enforcement. Or at the very least, get a real dealer as opposed to someone smoking a joint...

Peace out Coachella, it was fun while it lasted.
    Breaking a law is breaking a law dude, regardless of what it is. You're basically saying that the drug use at chella isn't a serious offense and shouldn't really be that hammered on by the police, and I agree with you. But that's an opinion. And opinions differ depending on who you talk too. Because of that, the law has to act against all crimes equally to eliminate bias. I'm not saying they all get the same punishment, but they all get treated with the same level of seriousness or something like that.

The police are just doing their job man.

Quote Originally Posted by beavington View Post
    wow were you at the fest? I saw cops everywhere, although i had no problem with cops but they were everywhere...where the fuck is banning by the way? Never cared much about that town to locate it but that is where their badges were from.
    Banning is one of the cities along the I-10 leading into the Coachella valley from LA, about 40 miles from Palm Springs. Banning is considered a redneck town by people in the valley, I've worked in that area a few times, sure was white as hell.
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

Coachella, as an event and a concept is relatively drug-friendly. Between the artists, the location and the demographics it appeals to I would think this is evident.

If this indeed is accepted practice why the FUCK did they have an entire task force working to bust as many people as possible before the Indio County jail literally filled to capacity? I've read some of the other posts talking about narcs floating around the Sahara tent. Well, let me tell you, they were right. I got busted with E, (at a Rave? Crazy...) and I got locked up. I'm looking at a pretty major felony. I sat in jail all Friday with a colorful cast of characters that were eventually transferred to make room for all the Coachellians. One kid that was in there had been in there for over 10 hours AFTER he had made bail for having weed brownies... I found out later over 20 kids were arrested, all for similar, minor offenses.

I am quite aware that drugs are illegal but filling a jail with concert goers seems counterproductive to the entire spirit of Coachella. It's held in that waste of a city to bring the desert income. Ease up on the aggressive, needless enforcement. Or at the very least, get a real dealer as opposed to someone smoking a joint...

Peace out Coachella, it was fun while it lasted.
    Good god, how old are you retarded fucks? You know nothing of the criminal justice system.

You're not facing a major felony; they're going to offer you a plea deal and you will take it. Your charge will be reduced to a misdemeanor and you will have a fine somewhere in the range of $300-500, with the possibility of having it removed from your record after a 3-6 month stretch on probation. Maybe a drug class too, but that's about it. And your 10-Hour weed buddy will get even less. Stop crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

I stiill think this dude left out a large part of the story.

if he was busted for chopping mdma, he could be facing a felony.

but that's what you get for selling pills inside a festival.

hey Phwomp, did you meet my friend in jail? chubby with dark curly hair, a bandana/headband, and lots of bracelets? i met some one near the showers that met him in jail. just curious. he spent all day friday and friday night in there. had a lot of fun! was busted for coke. lemme know!
    Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    I check for camping wristbands before I put my penis in them.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyler0js View Post
    TRV$DJ-AM and Bloody Beetroots need to switch set times
    QFT!

2005, 2006, 2008, 2009

stopped after the first two sentences. fucking stupid.

I got busted bringing swine flu soaked blankets into the campgrounds

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoodEarth View Post
    I got busted bringing swine flu soaked blankets into the campgrounds
    I bet you tried to give them to the Raving Indians. Typical.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

this is probably a really unpopular thing to say, but the cops at Coachella are all way cool. they let people get away with just about anything as long as you don't shove it in their face. there comes a point where they can't look the other way, and they have to do their jobs.

even in that video of the naked dude getting tazed, at the beginning, you hear the cops tell him to put his clothes on and they'll let him go on his way, but he tosses his clothes aside defiantly. they've got to step in and do their job at that point.

bottom line: be minimally discrete and you can get away with just about any non-violent action at coachella.

Hugs not drugs!
    Youth, you son of a bitch, where did you go?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma Ocean View Post
    so I assume you've never been cunt punched at a festival? Well lucky you!

i also think the idea that "obviously people are gonna do drugs at Coachella" = "the police should allow people to break the law" is stupid. For such obvious reasons that i won't elaborate.