Thread: Coachella, Please fix the soundboard problems!

Default Coachella, Please fix the soundboard problems!

Hey! This weekend was my 4th coachella and I have never experienced more soundboard problems than at this festival! Lupe Fiasco performed one whole song and the outside speakers didnt come on. Warrior Queen had serious mike trouble and Sebastien Teller went on and on trying to get his shit straight...but who blames him????? Anyone else have any feed back as to what was going wrong this weekend?
    Upcoming Shows

Budgetchella Here I come!

Default Re: Coachella, Please fix the soundboard problems!

lupe had sound problems? sounds like a blessing, no?
    ]
    sitting through a Jack Johnson headliner with special guests counting crows, ben harper, and dave matthews with a midget sitting on my lap ....a retarded midget with drool driping down my leg as he claps to the curious george song as i hold his lolly pop, while MIA's dj blasts horn noises in my right ear while staring at a 3rd addition of the tesla coils while the group of guys with g strings fart in my left ear > Kanye West

A lot of acts, especially on the main stage, had sound problems this year. Hopefully it's better in 2010.
    '08,'09

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I did not hear many sound problems. I saw lots of night time acts on the main stage up to the headliners and it all sounded flawless. I'm always impressed with the mian stage sound at Coachella. Sometimes I wonder if the sound problems mean you heard some feedback for a minute or a mic went out for a few seconds. Those types of technical difficulties don't mean there is an overall problem. There are lots of variables when it comes to running sound and for the most part, Coachella is pretty flawless on that main stage.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    I did not hear many sound problems. I saw lots of night time acts on the main stage up to the headliners and it all sounded flawless. I'm always impressed with the mian stage sound at Coachella. Sometimes I wonder if the sound problems mean you heard some feedback for a minute or a mic went out for a few seconds. Those types of technical difficulties don't mean there is an overall problem. There are lots of variables when it comes to running sound and for the most part, Coachella is pretty flawless on that main stage.
    Brand new PA system was brought in for the main stage this year. Only 3 of that model exist in the whole world at this time. NIN uses one, Radiohead uses the other and Rat Sound has one. It is kind of understandable if there were snags, but gimme a break if you think mic feedback is a big tech snag, it happens.