Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 42

Thread: another dance/electronic tent

  1. #1

    Default another dance/electronic tent

    yes we need it....

    let the crookers/bloody/aoki/mstrkf/justice/ed banger/raver kids/hipsters/dance stupid people/ in the sahara the next year...

    and made another tent for real electronic music.

  2. #2
    old school emtgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    you mean, besides the dome, the do lab, the orb in the gobi, etc etc?
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

    Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies


  3. #3
    old school heyeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,080

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    We have Electric Daisy Carnival and Ultra for that here in the states.

    Coachella isn't responsible for delivering the best of it all.

  4. #4

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    you mean, besides the dome, the do lab, the orb in the gobi, etc etc?
    yes...another

    THE DOME: only flying lotus and kode 9 worth it
    THE DO LAB: .???
    THE GOBI: the orb was the only electronic artist this year...

    i mean, more dance music artist, from other styles than electro (progresive, minimal, techno)

  5. #5

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    The Do Lab always has great beats playing. I always liked what I heard when I was in there.

  6. #6
    old school Leeartlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by heyeric View Post
    We have Electric Daisy Carnival and Ultra for that here in the states.
    No to the first and yes to the last. EDC is a fucking joke. Insomniac events is for drugged up little tikes that can't go to clubs.
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

  7. #7
    old school Tylerdurden31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY...the non-hipster part
    Posts
    3,847

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazaro View Post
    THE DOME: only flying lotus and kode 9 worth it
    you obviously didn't see Daedelus

  8. #8

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by herro kitty View Post
    The Do Lab always has great beats playing. I always liked what I heard when I was in there.
    I secretly want Coachella to book nothing but horrible bands for coachella next year so I have no choice but to hang out in the do lab all weekend

    I think it would be amazing

  9. #9

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    you'd stay chilled, all weekend. and maybe hang out with those circus freaks who stole my B.O.B.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

  10. #10

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazaro View Post
    yes we need it....

    let the crookers/bloody/aoki/mstrkf/justice/ed banger/raver kids/hipsters/dance stupid people/ in the sahara the next year...

    and made another tent for real electronic music.
    na we dunt need n e mor dance musik.
    waste of fuckin spase!

    fuck ****** a$$ dacne musik!

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    This alias isn't working out for you.

  12. #12
    old school emtgreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,513

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    I secretly want Coachella to book nothing but horrible bands for coachella next year so I have no choice but to hang out in the do lab all weekend

    I think it would be amazing

    just drop by the forums 2 days after the linup announcement and 90% of people will tell you quickly how much the lineup sucks and all they will do is hang out in the dolab all weekend...

    YOU KNOW THIS
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

    Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies


  13. #13

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    You are an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

  14. #14

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderouslover View Post
    na we dunt need n e mor dance musik.
    waste of fuckin spase!

    fuck ****** a$$ dacne musik!
    grammar and comment FAIL!!!!

  15. #15
    Member CitizenJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    this thread is absurd. there are three stages pretty much dedicated exclusively the dance / electronic type music, AND they still put acts into Gobi and the main stage (if you want to stretch to thievery, or further to M.I.A). The Dome, Do Lab, and Sahara are more than enough. this is not a Dance / Electronic festival, its a music festival, for all genres. i dont see why this one gets such a special treatment. what about an all acoustic Folk tent? or what about following the sasquatch / Bonaroo trend and getting a comedy tent? Personally i didnt see the point of the Dome with the Do-Lab and the Sahara in full effect.

  16. #16
    Member Vic Viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Maybe they could just book a wider variety of artists instead of needlessly adding another stage.



    And I mean artists, not just fucking DJs.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

  17. #17

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    another dance tent would just mean more conflicts between the dj's your already dying to see. anyone else agree?

  18. #18

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazaro View Post
    i mean, more dance music artist, from other styles than electro (progresive, minimal, techno)
    I thought there was a good amount of diversity this year- Gui Boratto was awesome, and half the crowd didn't even get it... Christopher Lawrence banged that tent the fuck out with some hard trance. Electro house is just what's popular right now dude. Deal with it.

    And if you're going to deprive yourself of the fun that can be had at a MSTRKRFT show, you're not really that into "dance" music. You're just pretentious.

  19. #19
    old school heyeric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,080

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeartlee View Post
    No to the first and yes to the last. EDC is a fucking joke. Insomniac events is for drugged up little tikes that can't go to clubs.
    I'll agree with that.

  20. #20

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    I thought EDC sounded so dope when I first heard about it... I was 13.

  21. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    262

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Because all Coachella needs is more conflicts...

  22. #22
    old school
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,355

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by wonderouslover View Post
    na we dunt need n e mor dance musik.
    waste of fuckin spase!

    fuck ****** a$$ dacne musik!
    <3 <3

  23. #23
    Member zamuelwashington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Santa Ana, CA
    Posts
    83

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    heneiken dome was off the hook. did no one pay that place a visit?

  24. #24
    old school instinct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    anaheim
    Posts
    2,735

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by Lazaro View Post
    yes we need it....

    let the crookers/bloody/aoki/mstrkf/justice/ed banger/raver kids/hipsters/dance stupid people/ in the sahara the next year...

    and made another tent for real electronic music.
    How about we keep the Sahara and we put all the Hipsters/Ed Banger kids in a tent outside the fields?

    It's got REALLY bad the past two years.

    OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

    Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff



  25. #25
    Member prettydirtything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New York (upstate)
    Posts
    913

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post
    this thread is absurd. there are three stages pretty much dedicated exclusively the dance / electronic type music, AND they still put acts into Gobi and the main stage (if you want to stretch to thievery, or further to M.I.A). The Dome, Do Lab, and Sahara are more than enough. this is not a Dance / Electronic festival, its a music festival, for all genres. i dont see why this one gets such a special treatment. what about an all acoustic Folk tent? or what about following the sasquatch / Bonaroo trend and getting a comedy tent? Personally i didnt see the point of the Dome with the Do-Lab and the Sahara in full effect.
    no fucking comedy tent, please! I wonder WTF All Points West is doing... The only thing I can think of is they don't want quality acts playing to 11 people.

    I guess people only show up for the headliners in NYC? I was at the 3rd (2nd?) stage last year at APW and there were like 30 people there.

    02, 03, 04, 05, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12.2

  26. #26
    Member Jakewc151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    do we really need ANOTHER tent/stage catered to electronic music? C'mon people.. How many fucking hipster fucks do we need to deal with? In 08' it was surfer fucks that obsessed over Jack Johnson. In 10' it will be hipster fucks who binge on E and think DJs like EDC are actually talented.
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

    go listen to wolfmother...

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Hey! I enjoyed many a roll and EDC this year >:[ Though I am no hipster, just like to get a little loose.

  28. #28
    Member Jakewc151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Hey! I enjoyed many a roll and EDC this year >:[ Though I am no hipster, just like to get a little loose.
    In order to enjoy EDC you must be on some sort of drug.. I mean otherwise that cube thing looks like something you can buy at Wal Mart.
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

    go listen to wolfmother...

  29. #29
    Member Jakewc151's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    704

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    and to quote myself I was infact rolling and left midset to enjoy The Cure.
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

    go listen to wolfmother...

  30. #30
    old school superfiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    5,698

    Default Re: another dance/electronic tent

    Quote Originally Posted by prettydirtything View Post
    no fucking comedy tent, please! I wonder WTF All Points West is doing... The only thing I can think of is they don't want quality acts playing to 11 people.

    I guess people only show up for the headliners in NYC? I was at the 3rd (2nd?) stage last year at APW and there were like 30 people there.

    haha whos set is this? that sucks for them
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 117
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 02:50 AM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-17-2008, 11:00 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 09:40 AM
  4. Best electronic/dance songs ever
    By garrett222 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 11:23 PM
  5. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •