Thread: Lucent Dossier sucked

Default Lucent Dossier sucked

One of my biggest disappointments. They did virtually the same show from last year, only they made it hella less interesting. And the choreography and the singing... the mystery and spectacle was gone replaced by bad Paula Abdul moves...

If Lucent doesn't want to come up with something great, please don't invite them back GV...
    Coachella is a place beyond conventional geography, a time not measured in hours or minutes, an experience, a state of mind, an attitude, and a holy form of expression. The Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival is an annual festival put on by Goldenvoice in Indio, CA. Please don't confuse the two.

Default Re: Lucent Dossier sucked

I was afraid to make this thread due to the fear of backlash, but you're right.

The show was very similar to last year and was not very entertaining. Also, if any of the Lucient Dossier crew is reading this, please know that your dancers "acting" is way, way, overdone. It seems like high school theater. I appreciate that Lucient Dossier performs in the heat and takes the time to do things like make a dance for everyone to do, but the show would benefit from some big changes next year.
    '08,'09

I think this is the first year that I've actually taken the time to sit down and actually watch it...I thought it was pretty good, I liked the aerial acrobats but cant compare it to previous years since I haven't seen other years' full performances.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Id never seen it before so we were pretty blown away.

That blonde chick with the curly hair is the hottest thing ever.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by Spongehead56 View Post
    Also, if any of the Lucient Dossier crew is reading this, please know that your dancers "acting" is way, way, overdone. It seems like high school theater.
    LD is in the tradition of cabaret theater with a bit of old school circus thrown in, hence the style. Kabuki is another good example, though there are versions of this in every culture on earth. This style is what you're calling "overdone", but it's actually a respected artform.

As for subjective opinions, each to his own. I liked it

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Anyone know what that blonde chick's name is?
    I have to kidnap her and make her be my sweetie.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

I was digging it, but I never seen it before so I guess there wasn't much room for disappointment. I liked the chick in the red bikini with the pointy boobs.

LD kind of sucked if you saw it last year, but the music/spraying in the Do Lab itself was pretty damn good all weekend.

Hadn't seen em since 07, so I enjoyed it. The do lab was the place this weekend!

I saw last year and this years show. I enjoyed both! I'll watch them again if they're there next year.

i liked the burnette with that awesome ass
    coachella vet: 02, 03, 06, 07, 08, 09......
    http://mrgwillgo.blogspot.com/

As long as beautiful women are dancing while they spray me with water they can do whatever the hell they want up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Didn't see one moment of this. Too bad, I forgot about it but based on the pictures it was worth a peek. Oh well, next year.

the title to this thread almost made me shoot my drink out my nose...

it doesn't bother me if they do the same act every year... shit, isn't that the point?

I enjoyed it. i saw the sunday afternoon before Okkervil river, and it was my first year at coachella, so it was new to me.

If anything, be thankful for the water spray, shade and dance floor. If not, shut up and go to another tent/stage.

Banned

they might have done the same thing as last year, but the DJ's were beyond amazing, the shade was blissful, and the water was awsome!

whenever i couldn't find a place to dance the do lab saved me! (dome was too far of a walk, really GV why did you do this? stupid if you ask me, they should have switched the dome with the serpent mother)

The Do-Lab was bad ass this year!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

I didn't check them out this year, last year I was at the Do Lab for a good amount of time, there's always next year

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    they might have done the same thing as last year, but the DJ's were beyond amazing, the shade was blissful, and the water was awsome!

whenever i couldn't find a place to dance the do lab saved me! (dome was too far of a walk, really GV why did you do this? stupid if you ask me, they should have switched the dome with the serpent mother)
    the dome was a bonus for campers. every night was a dance party til 4am after the gates closed.

I'm going to the show this Saturday...I missed it at Coachella and Miranda was so in love with it she wants me to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

I don't know, I thought they were better than the last year, just as I have every year.

Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

Beautiful Coldstart.
    Quote Originally Posted by shaggyduck View Post
    More laser beams is ALWAYS prefered to less laser beams. ALWAYS.

You have got to be kidding me. They are awesome and it looks like tons of hard work and the costumes are rad. You would hear some weak DJ play the same shit every year and not complain. Lucent is unique and bad ass.

Quote Originally Posted by daybird View Post
    You have got to be kidding me. They are awesome and it looks like tons of hard work and the costumes are rad. You would hear some weak DJ play the same shit every year and not complain. Lucent is unique and bad ass.
    While I agree with you 110%, why revive this old tread when there are 3 or 4 other LD threads active now?
    Coachella 07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12A, 13A

Quote Originally Posted by thepoetblue View Post
    One of my biggest disappointments. They did virtually the same show from last year, only they made it hella less interesting. And the choreography and the singing... the mystery and spectacle was gone replaced by bad Paula Abdul moves...

If Lucent doesn't want to come up with something great, please don't invite them back GV...
    I have been going to Coachella since the beginning and when i found Lucent Dossier playing at COachella I knew I would have to come back. I have seen every single one of their shows (ALL THE WAY THROUGH) and they are ALL different! They did bring back 2 songs because their fans requested them to! Too bad you didn't enjoy, cuz they FREAKING BLEW MY MIND with the water slide and triple flips!!!!!

these lurkers are obviously spamming.

though i do fully support LD, these clowns need to go away.

bad tactics, that will receive a backlash around here.
    -n ://redthreat.us

Went to Lucent Lamour and saw some nifty shit. Mind you, when I created this thread last year it was because I dig LD so much and just wished they had brought some new shit. I think this year they'll be fresh.
    Coachella is a place beyond conventional geography, a time not measured in hours or minutes, an experience, a state of mind, an attitude, and a holy form of expression. The Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival is an annual festival put on by Goldenvoice in Indio, CA. Please don't confuse the two.