Lurker

Default Re: How Coachella changed my life

Right on brother
    they're =/= there =/= their
    your =/= you're

Quote Originally Posted by RichOfTheJungle View Post
    I didn't mention drugs.

And I'm not delusional, I realize that no matter where you go, there are going to be cool people and there are going to be people that suck. I just feel like where I live is ya-dood central (though that may be seconded by New Jersey). What if I had gone to Bonnaroo for example, would I want to move to TN? Who's to say? But I've been to music festivals (albeit much smaller) in New England and the people around here aren't quite as awesome as the people I met at Coachella.

I haven't heard a single person say that moving to California was a bad idea. Actually I would be very interested in hearing the cons from someone who has done exactly what I want to do.

And seriously GoodEarth, who said I don't have a job? Who even mentioned hippies? I have a damn good job as an engineer, and would obviously get a similar or better job out west before I move. Were your comments directed towards me? I think you may have taken what I said out of context or made some assumptions that are just unfounded. I don't even do drugs, nor would I want to start. Or are you trolling and I just totally fell for it...

Anyways, thanks for the input everybody....
    Sometimes you have to follow your dreams and other times you have to chase them. Just don't be like GoodEarth, living the life of an asshole, and you'll be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodEarth View Post
    At least I've felt the touch of a woman
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Coachella is a cool festival, just because some rich spoiled kids have a "life altering experience" because they got fucked up on LSD and E everybody thinks it's a magical place. ITS A FUCKING CONCERT FESTIVAL, yes it's great but shut up about all you're mind opening bullshit. I've taken drugs but I know that all this "I wanna be a hippy" cocksucking talk is comming from people who were gievn every opportunity in life and now want to sit on their lazy spoiled ass all day taken drugs. Get a life, get a job (if you can find one) and go to Coachella once a year and have fun.
    You sir are an absolute jackass and are now the target for all of my ridicule. Theres an estimated 150,000 people over three days. Your statment may hold true to a chunk of that but not even close to all of it. That might have been one of the dumbest things ive seen, EVER!, since ive been on this board and would appreciate it if you stoped attending our beloved, "Magical Festival."

You are officially CHAD #1 on my list, have a nice day.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Quote Originally Posted by djandrews25 View Post
    This coachella, all my friends backed out of going, and i almost followed. I ended up going alone and had a better time than any other coachella that i have attended. I was feeling pretty depressed to go alone, but what coachella made me realize that all i need is a desire to have fun and it will come. I have been sort of living in a shell for the last few years, and coachella was just the thing to help me break out of it. I am going to have to say that it was my favorite coachella out of about 5, and ill never forget this year.
    Fuck YA..you made me happy with thisSo cool that you went and found your fave Coachella and got to get out of that shell for a few days.

I've grown up in LA and OC pretty much my whole life. I was thinking about moving to Colorado to go to school in Boulder, but then decided that I could never move from Southern CA. It's great here. The only con I would say about CA is that it's expensive.

The Coachella valley is a boring stagnant place except for about 3 days in April.

Those 3 days can be life changing though.

old school

Coachella is a cool festival, just because some rich spoiled kids have a "life altering experience" because they got fucked up on LSD and E everybody thinks it's a magical place. ITS A FUCKING CONCERT FESTIVAL, yes it's great but shut up about all you're mind opening bullshit. I've taken drugs but I know that all this "I wanna be a hippy" cocksucking talk is comming from people who were gievn every opportunity in life and now want to sit on their lazy spoiled ass all day taken drugs. Get a life, get a job (if you can find one) and go to Coachella once a year and have fun.
    I've never taken E or LSD at coachella or at all in my life and coachella has changed my life in a big way. there's just something magical for me about that place. if you don't get it or don't understand why, then just shut up and let those who do appreciate it more than most do so.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    You sir are an absolute jackass and are now the target for all of my ridicule. Theres an estimated 150,000 people over three days. Your statment may hold true to a chunk of that but not even close to all of it. That might have been one of the dumbest things ive seen, EVER!, since ive been on this board and would appreciate it if you stoped attending our beloved, "Magical Festival."

You are officially CHAD #1 on my list, have a nice day.
    I consider it an honor good sir, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for you're thoughts and attention

Kisses and hugs from Chad #1

At least I've felt the touch of a woman
    your mom's
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Quote Originally Posted by theanteater View Post
    I've grown up in LA and OC pretty much my whole life. I was thinking about moving to Colorado to go to school in Boulder, but then decided that I could never move from Southern CA. It's great here. The only con I would say about CA is that it's expensive.
    TRAFFIC
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

Lurker

Well, for now I'm sending resumes out there. Just here and there. I'm kind of waiting for things to pick up a bit. It's a pain getting work....
    they're =/= there =/= their
    your =/= you're