Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 426

Thread: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

  1. #121
    old school zimmy1222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Posts
    2,680

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    hey hey hey you racist fuck, he's a jap.
    why do people always think someone asian is chinese

    Well... I think people take the logical approach (probability) when they say that. I mean...there's a lot of people in China...

    Never the less... ignorance is bliss...

  2. #122
    Lurker
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    i'm almost jealous of him.
    makin' millions, owning a record label, cool friends, party all the time, no talent required.

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Sahara/Do Lab/Dome
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    Well... I think people take the logical approach (probability) when they say that. I mean...there's a lot of people in China...

    Never the less... ignorance is bliss...
    dont make me explain the joke

  4. #124
    Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    San Gabriel
    Posts
    8,627

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    hey hey hey you racist fuck, he's a jap.
    why do people always think someone asian is chinese

    *takes the bait*

    Isn't 'jap' a derogatory term?
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

  5. #125
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The Sahara/Do Lab/Dome
    Posts
    4,086

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    ^ ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    dont make me explain the joke

  6. #126
    old school zimmy1222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Santa Cruz
    Posts
    2,680

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    I caught that... I was just sayin'... sorry. /retracted.

  7. #127
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,680

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition


  8. #128
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Haha. He's so blown in the third video.

  9. #129
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,691

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    As much as I do not usually enjoy the music Steve Aoki makes, I have to say this remix is pretty good. Just saying.

  10. #130
    Member MantisMel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Places
    Posts
    852

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Steve Aoki Gives 99 cent blow jobs at the 99 cent store.

    Yeah... BAN!!!

    PS: Hes really good at being a turd burglar
    '01 '02 '03 '04 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '13...





  11. #131
    Member blackchango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mount Kilamanjaro
    Posts
    1,979

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    As much as I do not usually enjoy the music Steve Aoki makes, I have to say this remix is pretty good. Just saying.
    Yeah remix is good but I don't know what it is about this guy that repels. I just cant put my finger on it.

  12. #132
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,110

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    is it his fivehead?

  13. #133

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    signed and no more ed bager crew as well .

  14. #134

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Have I signed this yet? Signed.

  15. #135
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,544

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by cooperb1 View Post
    signed and no more ed bager crew as well .
    Hello new best friend.

  16. #136
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,691

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Hello new best friend.
    You say that like hating Ed Banger Crew and Steve Aoki isn't the biggest trend on this message board.

  17. #137
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,544

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    You say that like hating Ed Banger Crew and Steve Aoki isn't the biggest trend on this message board.
    I don't hate Ed Banger and co. because it's "the cool thing to do".

    I hate Ed Banger because it's very unoriginal and sounds like complete trash. Seriously. Hearing almost every DJ play a Daft Punk track at Coachella 08 got old after day 1.

  18. #138
    Member HAMMERHEAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    726

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    You say that like hating Ed Banger Crew and Steve Aoki isn't the biggest trend on this message board.
    Truth!

    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    I don't hate Ed Banger and co. because it's "the cool thing to do".

    I hate Ed Banger because it's very unoriginal and sounds like complete trash. Seriously. Hearing almost every DJ play a Daft Punk track at Coachella 08 got old after day 1.
    hearing every dj play a daft punk track is pretty much a feature of any electro/house dj today. sorry that some of the most respected and transformational house artists have become permanent fixtures in electro/house sets but thats the reality of life in this branch of edm so deal with it.

    ...i have yet to hear a single legitimate and substantive claim as to why ed banger sucks. why there are so many polemicists on these boards is a mystery to me but i guess ed banger is an easy target cuz they're so loved.

  19. #139
    old school Leeartlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    I like dirty electro house so therefore, be the transitive property, I like Ed Banger. But Aoki sucks a dick for sure.

    /signed
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

  20. #140
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,358

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeartlee View Post
    I like dirty electro house so therefore, be the transitive property, I like Ed Banger. But Aoki sucks a dick for sure.

    /signed
    That's like saying "I like Italian food, therefore, by the transitive property, I like Olive Garden".

  21. #141
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,358

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    You say that like hating Ed Banger Crew and Steve Aoki isn't the biggest trend on this message board.
    I've been polluting this board for years, and two years ago openly felating Justice or any other Ed Banger clone was 50x more trendy on this board than hating them is now. So a simple statement of distaste for them is completely forgiveable and deserves no meta-hipsterish response.

  22. #142
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,358

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by HAMMERHEAD View Post
    Truth!
    hearing every dj play a daft punk track is pretty much a feature of any electro/house dj today. sorry that some of the most respected and transformational house artists have become permanent fixtures in electro/house sets but thats the reality of life in this branch of edm so deal with it.

    ...i have yet to hear a single legitimate and substantive claim as to why ed banger sucks. why there are so many polemicists on these boards is a mystery to me but i guess ed banger is an easy target cuz they're so loved.
    reasons for hating Justice in particular have been discussed ad nauseum, and don't need to be rehashed simply for your sake.

    And you're completely wrong about any or even most electro house DJ's leaning on Daft Punk tracks today.

  23. #143
    old school Leeartlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    That's like saying "I like Italian food, therefore, by the transitive property, I like Olive Garden".
    Meh, I guess so. But I've made the arguement before that if Ed Banger was some obscure little label that no one knew of, nobody would have such strong feelings against them. But as far as I'm concerned, Ed Banger is modern day electro. Might be played out by now, but that's what they do: play bangin' electro house.
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

  24. #144
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,691

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    I've been polluting this board for years, and two years ago openly felating Justice or any other Ed Banger clone was 50x more trendy on this board than hating them is now. So a simple statement of distaste for them is completely forgiveable and deserves no meta-hipsterish response.
    I agree, it has calmed down. I was just saying majority of the people on these boards don't like Ed Banger and Steve Aoki, so someone saying "my new best friend" is unnecessary since it is obvious that the majority on this board feels this way, we get it everyone hates them. How is my pointing out the truth "meta-hipsterish?" And if people hate this shit so much they should stop giving it so much publicity. For more examples of what I am talking about you can check out the Uffies got it thread that has been going since 2008. Also what is felating?
    Last edited by Egull; 10-14-2009 at 10:36 AM.

  25. #145
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,691

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeartlee View Post
    Meh, I guess so. But I've made the arguement before that if Ed Banger was some obscure little label that no one knew of, nobody would have such strong feelings against them.
    I guess the same could be said about Olive Garden.

  26. #146
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,358

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    I agree, it has calmed down. I was just saying majority of the people on these boards don't like Ed Banger and Steve Aoki, so someone saying "my new best friend" is unnecessary since it is obvious that the majority on this board feels this way, we get it everyone hates them.
    fair point.

    Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    How is my pointing out the truth "meta-hipsterish."
    you seemed to be claiming to be above petty jabs at ed banger, and therefore seemed to be taking a hipsterish position about something you percieved as hipsterish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    And if people hate this shit so much they should stop giving it so much publicity. For more examples of what I am talking about you can check out the Uffies got it thread that has been going since 2008.
    That's what a message board does. you may as well complain about the weather.

    Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    Also what is felating?
    sucking dick.

  27. #147
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,691

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    you seemed to be claiming to be above petty jabs at ed banger, and therefore seemed to be taking a hipsterish position about something you percieved as hipsterish.
    I do like Ed Banger, but I do feel that the negative connotation of the word hipster relates to the style choice, but more-so to the pretentious attitudes associated with "my music is better then yours." I will defend the music I listen to, but I don't put it above anyones else's or necessarily care if people don't like it, just simply sharing my thoughts.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    sucking dick.
    Haha I thought that was what you were referring to, I read the sentence wrong the first time and it didn't make sense, but now I know what you mean. And I agree it was more trendy to like them, just saying when the word Ed Banger was lame was out, most people jumped on the bandwagon which is fine but I feel like its was mainly because the label got so popular, not because they stopped liking the music all the sudden one day. And for the record, I am not talking about you, just a lot of people on the board.

  28. #148
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,358

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Quote Originally Posted by Egull View Post
    And I agree it was more trendy to like them, just saying when the word Ed Banger was lame was out, most people jumped on the bandwagon which is fine but I feel like its was mainly because the label got so popular, not because they stopped liking the music all the sudden one day. And for the record, I am not talking about you, just a lot of people on the board.
    I disagree that there necessarily must be a bandwagon. Bad music is just bad music, and it's plain for all to hear. It was always as it is. I think the turning point (for those that didn't always hate their disgusting choppy distorted sample, boring kick/snare style) was Justice's fame going to their head and precipitating that god awful live show of theirs. 5 minutes of noodling on a synth just to make your show appear "live" is fucking ridiculous. They're still playing the same bullshit tracks. I'm not a huge DP fan but at least they know how to create a live show.

    And really I'm talking about Justice in particular. I don't really have much of an opinion for the rest of the milquetoast crew. The biggest tragedy is that there's some solid electronica coming out of France these days but those buffoons get most of the publicity.

  29. #149
    old school Leeartlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    Justice is easy to get sick of, this is true. They don't have the longevity that DP have at all. But I'd take a Justice live show any day over a set by Tiesto or Armin Van Burren. I mean, people used to love trance, LOVE it. But by 2000/2001, most people either shifted their taste to other genres or continued down that path in shame.

    I don't know, there is definitely bandwagons that get hopped on for sure. I still think BT's Ima is a good album. Do I listen to it all the time: no. But I respect it for what it is; a solid trance effort.
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

  30. #150
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,691

    Default Re: The Official "Ban Steve Aoki from the Sahara tent" Petition

    I don't know about that, people were stoked on the album when it first came out, getting over their live show and ego shouldn't change whether or not those people like their produced music. I really like Justice, but I don't want to see them until they release new material, their cd is played out, but it doesn't change the fact that I think they release a good full-length album (which it seems a lot of electro/house artists lack doing these days), and am excited to hear what they release next. And I was more talking about Ed Banger as a whole anyway. I don't know if you have heard SebastiAn, you may or may not like it, but you should check it out.


Similar Threads

  1. Petition to stop calling Bruce Springsteen "The Boss"
    By JebusLives in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-07-2009, 07:07 PM
  2. OFFICIAL petition Mastodon to perform "Linoleum Knife"
    By tHEdARKsIDE in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 05:22 PM
  3. Replies: 63
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 10:37 AM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-26-2008, 05:14 AM
  5. Rename "Sahara" Tent the "Daft Punk" Tent
    By moooo in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2007, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •