Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things you saw/overheard

Default Re: Funny things you saw/overheard

this isn't really funny so much, but since no one has started the "fucking awesome things you saw at Coachella" thread I'll post it here

So I'm watching Tinarwein, (who were amazing BTW) and these two gorgeous (Seriously, LA 10s) push up to the front. One was angelic and blond, like a young Gywenth Paltrow. Other had black hair, looked a bit evil, victoria beckamish. I end up talking to them for a minute and they are Australian with a beautiful accident. They happen to be a lesbian couple and spend all of Tinarwein's set dancing, kissing and fondling each other

only at coachella
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Aumgn View Post
    Something I did:

saw a guy I recognized in the sahara during Etienne De Crecy, so i offered to pack a bowl. I packed it and handed it to him. he just looked at it and handed it back. I looked in the bowl and realized I had packed what was left of my weed brownie. I started cracking up and re-packed it with purps.

good times.
    That might have been me.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

the guy who asked me if i took dance classes was pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Anybody see that couple sitting in the shadows along the fence where the grass starts when you walk in at the end of Friday night? This broad was on her knees with her ass in the air giving head to her man. They were kinda off to the side, but were still very noticable. I tried snapping a pic, but it didn't come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

I most definitely saw the "I Need Acid" sign guy in the Sahara.

Who saw the MASSIVE cholo dude raving like nobody's business at Plump DJs? That was a sight if I ever saw one.
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    Sat Night at In-n-Out, there was a Snowball Fight in the parking lot. Two truck-beds were filled up with Snow and a bunch of girls were throwing snow at each other.
    We saw those same guys driving down 50th as we were walking back to our pad. I think they were skinheads, but they offered us a beer, and wanted to take our group of 5 in the back of their truck with the snow...I crack up at people that bring snow to the desert...surprising it lasted all the way to In & Out.
    Last edited by supersugar; 04-24-2009 at 01:08 AM.

Those 4 or 5 guys doing the interactive robot dance during Throbbing Gristle, then then one of them doing an incredible stompy little number. Best thing ever. Did anyone get that on video?

I think there were more amazing things that happened for my experience then out right funny. But there were some amusing things.

The mosh pit at Fucked Up. The lead singer's face was a bloody mess by the 2nd some. Then i saw some guy a few rows from the front emerge with blood all over his nose and mouth. Tried to get a photo but wrong angle. I'm just too short.

Over hearing someone in the VIP say "Who the fuck is MIA?"

Green banana hammock guy running around, showing his bits.
    Always wear a helmut

tooooo funny!!!!

fat kids are always funny!
    Coachella Vet. 03,05,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,and 14

Quote Originally Posted by motionnn77 View Post

Green banana hammock guy running around, showing his bits.
    MY NEIGHBOR. haha we all had to convince him it was a good idea... then we painted him and gave him a tiara.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post

Who saw the MASSIVE cholo dude raving like nobody's business at Plump DJs? That was a sight if I ever saw one.
    I saw that. I pretty sure you were standing right next to me Passive, actually I'm positive because if you really do have a fro and look like your avatar, it was you.

I am my avatar, so yes.
    Upcoming Shows:

Groove Armada was playing in the Sahara.

I was in the front row next to that fence.

Some kid hops the fence runs past security and climbs on stage and
    dances around for a few seconds.

Before security could catch him he dives back into the crows (swan dive style)

I assume he was hoping people would catch him and he would crowd suft away from security.

No one caught him.

Ouch, I thought.
    life is supposed to be fun

i have to say the funniest thing i saw all weekend was on sunday while i was tripping after EDC. i was just roamin around after candy flippin and i was enjoying my night, not a bad trip at all, i sat down at the art galleries for a while then went to the do lab, i walked around every little tent just trippin and then sat down in the middle and just tripped for a good 30 minutes just wlaking around and shit, anyways the best part was everyone that came up to me asking if i was ok and me replying im amazing, i then proceeded walking around doing weird gestures making little patches of grass grow and getting fortced out by the cops and had at least 3 people come up and spray me with water, the best part was i was seeing everythikng in atom form and how everyone was so caring, it was fucking amazing, i left coachella at like 1 and made it back to the car at 3 to find my friends sleeping cuz i took so long =D, jsut wanna say thanks to everyone that made my night and everyone that cared!

PM me if you saw me and say something!
    Last edited by shawnwashere; 04-26-2009 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LameCake View Post
    - A couple approach my boyfriend in the parking lot and ask, "Where are we?" My boyfriend is like, uhhhhhhh. And then they ask, "What lot is this?" My boyfriend tell them, and then they ask, "Where is lot 3?" Like seriously, couldn't they have asked where lot 3 was at first?? I think they were rolling or something.
    hahahaha, that was more than likely my friends who were rolling and their car was in lot 3. I didn't exactly have the last laugh that night, as I decided to stay and help them out when all my other friends went back to the house we were staying at. I first had to find them, and then find their fucking car, which took forever. Didn't get back to the house until 4...not a fun experience...

1. this guy in front of me at cloud cult set is rummaging in the cargo pocket of his patchwork corduroy shorts and dumps 30-odd pills into the grass next to him. sorta leans over and scoops up a handful, misses a bunch. i tap him on the shoulder and go "uh dude you missed some" and he diligently picks through the grass until he's got every last one, stands up, goes back to swaying. saw him the next day wearing the exact same clothes. intense.

2. campgrounds. i think thurs or fri night, probably like 4am. its pretty quiet. shit woke me out of a dead, heavily medicated sleep.

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

somebody finally rolls over and lets out a feeble "polo!" and the guy, sounding seriously relieved, says "thank you!!!" and wanders off.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdmachine View Post
    1. this guy in front of me at cloud cult set is rummaging in the cargo pocket of his patchwork corduroy shorts and dumps 30-odd pills into the grass next to him. sorta leans over and scoops up a handful, misses a bunch. i tap him on the shoulder and go "uh dude you missed some" and he diligently picks through the grass until he's got every last one, stands up, goes back to swaying. saw him the next day wearing the exact same clothes. intense.

2. campgrounds. i think thurs or fri night, probably like 4am. its pretty quiet. shit woke me out of a dead, heavily medicated sleep.

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

somebody finally rolls over and lets out a feeble "polo!" and the guy, sounding seriously relieved, says "thank you!!!" and wanders off.
    i think i was the guy that rolled over and yelled polo. except it was hard to roll cause i was sitting in an airplane.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post

i swear i saw that guy at steve aoki. he hit me in the face with his backpack :/

Quote Originally Posted by ElBlueblazer View Post
    tooooo funny!!!!

haha. I bet he was there to see My Bloody Valentine.

tooooo funny!!!!

wow that was incorporated into a dream while sleeping in the campgrounds! i can't believe the child on leash is actually real
    ~~~COACHELLA 2007- 2011~~~

Originally Posted by humanoid
    Coachella is much better enjoyed with a sense of absolute freedom...

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    The first message was "GIRLS ON THE DANCE FLOOR" then "FAREASTMOVEMENT.COM" then "FREE MUSIC MP3 TXT....." and I don't remember what the rest of it said. These all occurred during Lupe Fiasco's set for me. For all I know it was happening all day.
    Kind of odd to see that in the sky at Coachella. Far East Movement is pretty much a 4-piece rap group of money-hungry asians trying to get famous off of their silly rhymes. I saw them live once at a benefit concert at a university and it was byfar the most horrible and degrading performance I've seen in my entire life. They kept yelling out for us to buy their CDs and shirts and stuff instead of actually putting on a show. Girls On The Dancefloor is one of their songs. The song was featured on one of the Fast & Furious racing movies. But yeah, it was the most saddest thing I've ever witnessed. I advise you to do NOT support Far East Movement.
    Chuck Norris has the best poker face of all time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite having in his hand a Joker, a 6 of Clubs, a Get Out of Jail Free Monopoly Card, his drivers license, and a Green Uno Card.

me and my friends were against the barricade behind the sound area. Right before MIA comes on a girl behind us says "Who is MIA?"

After MIA we wanted to leave so as we walk away the same girl gives us a look of utter shock and says

"OH MY GOD! ITS THE FUCKING KILLERS! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"

we laughed at her.
    War is over (If you want it)

Quote Originally Posted by nerdmachine View Post

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

"MARCOOOOOOOO!"

Omg I heard that too! I didn't remember until you brought it up. Although I was pissed that I only got like three hours of sleep, that sincerely made me giggle.
    www.facebook.com/LameCake

LEROY!!!!! Did they find you??
    Rob! Get off my channel
    MAARRRRRKKKK! "Mark goes ass to mouth."

Quote Originally Posted by discobotica View Post
    hahahaha, that was more than likely my friends who were rolling and their car was in lot 3. I didn't exactly have the last laugh that night, as I decided to stay and help them out when all my other friends went back to the house we were staying at. I first had to find them, and then find their fucking car, which took forever. Didn't get back to the house until 4...not a fun experience...
    Aw well all I remember was the girl was pretty, and had a daisy headband, and the guy was in a white shirt...

- Something that happened on the way home from Coachella:
    So we head out, it's dark, and we take the winding fucking roads through the mountains to get home, San Diego. We have our directions, and when going to palm springs it says make a left onto the 79, so we think we have to make a right. 79 pases, and I'm like, uhhh, it was a left turn, but I really think we had to turn there. My boyfriend and friend are like no no, it's coming up, you'll see. So we keep driving, and it's getting creepy as hell. winding roads, trees every where, can't see a damned thing. Then we pass a sign, "Devils Ladder." My boyfriend says, "Oh shit dude, that sign just said Devils Ladder, turn back !!!!!." So we kind of slow down, and then BOOM, Red and Blue lights fill the car. My friend, who was driving, said, "Oh thank god it's a cop." And I'm like, "Oh shit it's the fuz!! Then praying out loud that it's not some psycho killer cop that kills people who are lost, great timing when we were talking about the movie, "Wrong Turn." The cop tells my friend his break light is out, and then asks where we are going. We tell him, and he's like, "Yeah you are waaaaay lost, go back and make a right on 79." I was like TOLD YOU, I DONT CARE IF IT WAS A LEFT, GET ME THE FUCK OUTTA HERE. The whole ride home we had people ridding our asses, and passing us, then disappearing. I think we were all a bit delirious from exhaustion.
    www.facebook.com/LameCake

LEROY!!!!! Did they find you??
    Rob! Get off my channel
    MAARRRRRKKKK! "Mark goes ass to mouth."

In traffic on Jefferson Street on Saturday, there was a huge line of cars, and people kept jumping out of cars, running across the street, and pissing in a field. Sometimes they'd have to walk past our van to get back to their cars, and we would give the occasional "I SAW YOU PEE!!" as they passed.

TVOTR: "Is everyone having a good time?"
    Crowd: "wooooooooooooo!"
    Tunde: "Somebody over here said no. You are entitled to your opinion!"
    Mazxy star was nice and dreamy robightm crowd wouldn't follow no photo request. First time in the green room. Mmm free beer and wine.glad I got to see them Cruz I missed Coachella 3012

"Do you have an extra cigarette"...You can get 2 packs at the cigarette tent...

paris hilton crouching in the middle of the crowd during chem bros to smoke a bowl..
    I tried getting a picture of this
    didn't turn out

Quote Originally Posted by seanxpaul View Post
    paris hilton crouching in the middle of the crowd during chem bros to smoke a bowl..
    Pussy...

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post
    The number of little kids smoking pot at the dr. Dog show was mind blowing. i mean they looked like 12 year olds. i knew younger kids smoked weed, but these were like "kids". it was pretty startling. Maybe I'm starting to sound like an old man at the age of 23, but thats just me.
    No I agree...I hated when kids would see me burning and were giving me they eye they wanted in on my smokey dokey...

tooooo funny!!!!

I never put my kids on a leash and love the opportunity to talk shit to the parents that actually do...WTF, they aren't pets...

Quote Originally Posted by LameCake View Post
    Aw well all I remember was the girl was pretty, and had a daisy headband, and the guy was in a white shirt...
    yup.....that was definitely them......

as for the funniest thing I saw at Coachella 09 definitely had to be the old dude wrestling with his daughter (granddaughter maybe?) during Plump DJ's. I was just to the front and a little left of the middle soundboard (maybe it's the "lightboard"?) and this old guy, like we're talking 65+ definitely, is doin' his little dance and having a good time. A few groups of friends get their pictures taken with him, including mine, and then out of nowhere his drunken daughter/granddaughter tackles him and they're like wrestling and strangling each other on the ground. I worried for the poor bastard's health, but he got up like a champ and kept dancing...amazing! if you don't believe me, I have photo evidence....

sorry for the blurriness....

and the cellulite....