Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Funny things you saw/overheard

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Default Re: Funny things you saw/overheard

Also, Amanda Palmer pointing out the gigantic contrast in egos between Leonard Cohen and Morrissey.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Quote Originally Posted by Aumgn View Post
    made me laugh a whole shitton.

thank you much!
    No problem! :P

The Orange County blonde girl in front of the Whatever Corporate Entity Scratch Tent trying so hard to get people to come inside and try "learning how to scratch in 15 minutes", trying to act all dope hip-hop and instead getting a big fail.

"Hey, guys, you ready to come in, get down, drop some tracks and learn how to scratch? It's sooper fun!"

So sad and funny, she's now my signature.
    "It's sooper fun."

Coachella 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by psycobetabuckdown View Post
    On Sunday morning I believe, while I was waiting for the shower, a truck tried to squeeze by the handicap port-o-potty. The truck completely failed. It bumps the stall until it gets by, and the stall is diagonal. Of course there was a poor, helpless 20-something chick in there the whole time! She comes out with this wtf-look on her face, and as she walks toward us everyone starts clapping. You can't write this stuff.
    Damnit, this sounds hilarious.

And you're so right. You can't write any of these things. This whole thread has had me laughing my ass off all day long.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizng View Post
    Nickelback to me is like walking into an ethnic restaurant and asking to have some unoriginal American cuisine like chicken tenders with a side of ranch dressing.

Something I did:

saw a guy I recognized in the sahara during Etienne De Crecy, so i offered to pack a bowl. I packed it and handed it to him. he just looked at it and handed it back. I looked in the bowl and realized I had packed what was left of my weed brownie. I started cracking up and re-packed it with purps.

good times.

Something I did:

saw a guy I recognized in the sahara during Etienne De Crecy, so i offered to pack a bowl. I packed it and handed it to him. he just looked at it and handed it back. I looked in the bowl and realized I had packed what was left of my weed brownie. I started cracking up and re-packed it with purps.

good times.
    lol
    weekend one

I would have eaten it before I handed it back to you.

Lurker

Saw an older man, probably in his 60's, trippin out on acid on Friday.
    We were sitting by the tents at the Do Lab when he walked over to our group, took his shirt off and put it on the sign as if it were a person. He then proceeded to hump his backpack.
    By the time he'd left, his underwear was left on the floor and it was evident he'd shat his pants. lol.

I love Coachella..
    Last edited by beachbumm; 04-21-2009 at 01:22 PM.

Wheels Of Cheese

The Guy during the Cure who had mickey mouse gloves and a Viking helmet on (The medieval kind not the foorball kind) doing some of the most bizarre dance moves I've ever seen at almost impossible high speeds. He was pretty big and tall so I'm sure someone saw him.

Was standing in the far right corner of the Sahara beer garden waiting for a friend - I was up close to the fence with a view of the tent right by the far right entrance. I heard this extraordinarily loud sneeze and looked over and saw this mexican dude to the right of me doubled over with snot and slobber dripping from his hands and face. He had a horrified expression on his face - eyes bulging and snot running every where. Then he sneezed again, and again, and again - finally keeling over in a puddle of his own spit and mucus. Me thinks that some serious drugs whent into that nose of his that night - as everytime he sneezed he appeared to go blind from the sheer force of it and forget where he was. I was walking out of the Sahara about 45 minutes later and I heard a sneeze - looked through the fence in the beer garden and the guy was still there sneezing and leaking.

Something I did:

good times.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Lurker

Also, on Saturday saw some guy with a huge polar bear mask and gloves on, tripped me out.
    Must have been pretty hot in theree..

Some bald dude ate an entire $8 bag of kettle corn during Jenny Lewis' set.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

watching the "oh wow those guys must be rolling HARD" expression on the faces of people watching my friends dance in the sahara. it was funny because they were sober the entire weekend. they just like to go off in a weird way

Quote Originally Posted by DRcube View Post
    i wasnt there but, my friends told me that guy had the sign up for franz ferdinand, and that the lead singer made a comment about it
    lol ya. he was like "this girl is holding up a scottish fan, and it's making it more comfortable for us. and this guy over here wants me to "show him my boobies" i'm sorry friend, but there's not much going on up here. i'm afraid you'll be sorely disappointed"

probably not that exactly but something along those lines. had me laughing

funniest thing by far for me was when I was running through the campground TRIPPING MY FACE OFF! doing either: 1- the arm airplane while making engine noises. 2- doing my suprisingly popular monster walk (and i say popular due to numerous ppl doing it during the Sunday night makeshift drum circle / yell fest.

also, paris hilton kneeling down to light up in the saharah
    Last edited by PeaceSignHatGoRawr; 04-21-2009 at 03:13 PM.

- the one weird guy who was dancing, or just having a fucking seizure durin MBV set, i was right in front of the mixing board in the middle and this guy was to the right of it, just dancing, and during that sonic rape of you made me realise, his moves just got better or weirder.

- the guy giving out hugs, i gots me one of those too.

my buddy saw the water truck driver projectile vomit as he was driving
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carokube View Post
    some guy walking away from the band of horses show, talking on his cell phone going 'band of horses is so great! i love them!' dude, you're doing it wrong.
    That reminds me of the girl right in front of me for Moz. Obviously a huge fan because she was singing a dancing to every song but she must have tried to call or text at least a dozen times... wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by whynotsmile99 View Post
    my buddy saw the water truck driver projectile vomit as he was driving
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
    hahahahahaha
    ahahahahahahahahah
    haahhahahahhahahahhahah
    i can go with the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceSignHatGoRawr View Post
    funniest thing by far for me was when I was running through the campground TRIPPING MY FACE OFF! doing either: 1- the arm airplane while making engine noises. 2- doing my suprisingly popular monster walk (and i say popular due to numerous ppl doing it during the Sunday night makeshift drum circle / yell fest.

also, paris hilton kneeling down to light up in the saharah

I'm pretty sure I saw you doing the airplane thing when I was walking back to my tent

The girl who crowd surfed/rode the big inflatable shark in the Sahara during the Bloody Beetroots. That was pretty sweet. That Shark was fantastic in general. I loved how it got thrashed around the Sahara all weekend.

I was sleeping in the beer gardens on Saturday during Lupe Fiasco and start to wake out of my slumber while the Aussies next to me started telling a funny story (you'll have to imagine the aussie accent)

Supposedly Saturday Morning one of the aussies goes to the phone charging tent in the campground to charge his phone at 7am, after plugging his phone in, a guy with blood all over his face and hand comes up to him and says "do you want a drink?" extending out his bloody hand holding a cup of who knows what the fuck. The guy grins and says "no, I'm alright mate" and then the guy replies "I'm getting out of here, too many fuckin creeps!"

WTF?!

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtown View Post
    The Orange County blonde girl in front of the Whatever Corporate Entity Scratch Tent trying so hard to get people to come inside and try "learning how to scratch in 15 minutes", trying to act all dope hip-hop and instead getting a big fail.

"Hey, guys, you ready to come in, get down, drop some tracks and learn how to scratch? It's sooper fun!"

So sad and funny, she's now my signature.
    Haha I noticed that girl too. The day before there were numerous people doing it though. I sort of wanted to but I was just too busy that day.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Sunday night into Monday morning in the PAW campsite, "Does anyone want a key from the bag of mystery drugs?"

Quote Originally Posted by Carnie100 View Post
    - On Sunday while I was putting things in my locker, I looked over to the other side of the Dome and see this guy who basically just ran past the front gates. Suddenly there's about 6 yellow-shirt staff guys chasing him and he's pretty far ahead of them until some black staff dude in hella good shape sees him coming his way. The guy got his ass tackled. One of the funniest things I saw all weekend.

- Sitting in deadlock traffic on the way out Friday night, there's a dude in a red tracksuit thing dancing on top of his car. And after about 20 minutes of watching him dance, his friend dressed in all green joins him. It looked like Mario and Luigi dancing on top of a car. I have video that I'll probably upload sometime this weekend.

- The all green zipper man. I high fived him on his way through the crowd in the Sahara Saturday and couldn't stop laughing at all of the WTF looks he was getting from people. Priceless.

- The roll of toilet paper flying around in the Sahara and the dude with the horse on a stick.

- Multiple times during the weekend I overheard people saying "Eww there's a tampon back here."

- All of the dust penis drawings on the cars nearest to the fence on the way into the festival each day. I counted at least twenty, and there were a few occasional pussy/boobies drawings as well.

the toilet paper/ horse on a stick at girl talk? i cant believe they taped a hook on to a leaf blower to blow toilet paper into the audience. it was quite clever.

asian guy trippin...

Quote Originally Posted by DeanCorso View Post
    - the one weird guy who was dancing, or just having a fucking seizure durin MBV set, i was right in front of the mixing board in the middle and this guy was to the right of it, just dancing, and during that sonic rape of you made me realise, his moves just got better or weirder.
    Was he wearing a shirt that said "Had Enough? Vote Obama/Biden Nov 4th"?

That may have been me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnie100 View Post
    - All of the dust penis drawings on the cars nearest to the fence on the way into the festival each day. I counted at least twenty, and there were a few occasional pussy/boobies drawings as well.
    HAHAHAHA!! Fuck, yeah those were so funny. They were all so sloppy and poorly drawn.

Oh man, we smoked 3 joints for People Under the Stairs, and lots of others around us were smoking too. Later in their set, Double K said something along the lines of "Whatever you got, light it up. Y'all are getting me high as shit up here."