Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1455

Thread: Funny things you saw/overheard

Default Re: Funny things you saw/overheard

My camp group tagged all our cars with "TACO" so we can identify each other. Apparently, a few cars a couple rows down from us in the lot saw our cars and thought there was a contest, so they wrote "TACO" on their cars too.

They thought there was a contest...for tacos?

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Quote Originally Posted by ialvarado2 View Post
    While I was leaving the Main stage at the end of Nick Cave:

"This is the worst piece of shit I've ever heard! Can't believe I sat through this just for the Peppers"

and just a second later from a different guy:

"This was the most amazing set ever I've ever heard!"
    Haha...so true. There was a girl in front of us that kept saying "please play a happy song now" and they played Stagger Lee. It made us laugh.

Waiting for Rodriguez, two British girls next to us wrote a note expressing their interest in tall guys with shaved heads and included their contact information and desire to party. After security declined to give it to the tall sound-guy with a shaved head who was setting up, a photographer was able to successfully pass it on. Tall guy read it, blushed, and presented his wedding ring, lipping the words “I’m married” to the girls who promptly directed him to pass it to the ‘guy with the mustache’ who was setting up Rodriguez’ mic. Unfortunately, it got to the wrong guy with a mustache who got a little too excited after reading the note as the two Brits were yellowing “NOOOOO”, shaking their heads, and pointing to the other guy with a mustache. Tall shaved head guy stripped it from ugly mustache guy (who expressed sad face) and got the note to the correct mustache guy (One of Rodriguez’ roadies) who read it, smiled, and put the note in his pocket. Hopefully he wasn’t too upset that he wasn’t their first choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Don't actually remember which portapotties this occured in. Or even which night, for that matter. (either sat or sun). I headed to the back of the portapotties to use the AC trailers but they were being cleaned out, so a few nazi yellow shirts (a guy and a girl) were standing guard all tough-like trying to keep the shitshows from forcing their way into the trailers. When at least 10 different dudes who walked back there for the trailers, but didn't want to wait in line for the portapotties, they all started peeing on the fences surrounding the trailers. This crazy yellow shirt chick kept screaming at all those dudes to stop but they would just flip her off while everyone booed this chick. Wanting to reassert her status as alpha-female, she disappeared behind an off-limits fence for about a minute, returned with a hose, and started soaking all the dudes trying to pee on the fences. She soaked about 20-30 dudes in about a minute. After all the guys had fled, she stood guard in a militant stance about 10 feet in front of the trailer, and just waited for the next wave of guys wanting to pee on the fences. None of these fucked up guys noticed her standing there brandishing her hose-cannon, and she would actually wait until a dude was already peeing (rather than a preemptive quick spray before they even started pissing) and then hose them down, giggling like the fat nazi cunt that she was. No, I did not get sprayed, but seriously, I don't think spraying down guys who have bladders about to burst is part of that cunt's job description. I can't think of a worse way to be super high on something just to immediately be brought down with a 10-second soaking by a hose.
    Last edited by ManImCool; 04-16-2013 at 03:41 PM.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

Sounds like my kind of people.

good for that security chick.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I saw and overheard the general store food wrangler trying to call out the name "Amyz" and getting super annoyed at it. "Amy... S? Ammeezuh? Ameeze? What the fuck is this?"
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

The bitch wrote down ABZ and someone who got the order called out "abs." I kept telling her it was Amy Z but she wouldn't correct it. It was a good idea in theory, but didn't quite work out the way I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by ManImCool View Post
    Don't actually remember which portapotties this occured in. Or even which night, for that matter. (either sat or sun). I headed to the back of the portapotties to use the AC trailers but they were being cleaned out, so a few nazi yellow shirts (a guy and a girl) were standing guard all tough-like trying to keep the shitshows from forcing their way into the trailers. When at least 10 different dudes who walked back there for the trailers, but didn't want to wait in line for the portapotties, they all started peeing on the fences surrounding the trailers. This crazy yellow shirt chick kept screaming at all those dudes to stop but they would just flip her off while everyone booed this chick. Wanting to reassert her status as alpha-female, she disappeared behind an off-limits fence for about a minute, returned with a hose, and started soaking all the dudes trying to pee on the fences. She soaked about 20-30 dudes in about a minute. After all the guys had fled, she stood guard in a militant stance about 10 feet in front of the trailer, and just waited for the next wave of guys wanting to pee on the fences. None of these fucked up guys noticed her standing there brandishing her hose-cannon, and she would actually wait until a dude was already peeing (rather than a preemptive quick spray before they even started pissing) and then hose them down, giggling like the fat nazi cunt that she was. No, I did not get sprayed, but seriously, I don't think spraying down guys who have bladders about to burst is part of that cunt's job description. I can't think of a worse way to be super high on something just to immediately be brought down with a 10-second soaking by a hose.
    pissing does not require an air conditioned trailer. just open the door and aim down. some shitheel was pissing in the corner of the portos area in lot 4 early sunday morning because he didn't want to wait the 15 fucking seconds for one to become available. i called him a fucking animal and he flipped me off. what a waste of a human being. this hose chick sounds righteous.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    The bitch wrote down ABZ and someone who got the order called out "abs." I kept telling her it was Amy Z but she wouldn't correct it.
    Completely wrong. She was reading it as some variant of Amy and couldn't figure out why the fuck there was a Z at the end.

A friend that stayed with us went into a porta potty with a tall gay black man to snort some coke. Supposedly with no strings attached according to him. Supposedly.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Completely wrong. She was reading it as some variant of Amy and couldn't figure out why the fuck there was a Z at the end.
    There was one time she wrote it down Amy Z, and another time she wrote it down ABZ. Two different purchases.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU TELL THEM THAT AS YOUR NAME A SECOND TIME YOU WHACKO

i mean god forbid she does her job, right? she's probably working at least an 8 hour shift in the desert amongst a couple hundred smelly portapotties and tens of thousands of people, many of whom are intoxicated, who want to do things that she has been specifically instructed to prevent them from doing. maybe the way she handled it was wrong but really dude can you blame her?
    Originally Posted by menikmati
    I'm locking this fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by anonimouse View Post
    i mean god forbid she does her job, right? she's probably working at least an 8 hour shift in the desert amongst a couple hundred smelly portapotties and tens of thousands of people, many of whom are intoxicated, who want to do things that she has been specifically instructed to prevent them from doing. maybe the way she handled it was wrong but really dude can you blame her?
    Well like I said, once she had the hose, it wasn't like she was actively warning people to not piss on the fences, and also making it clear that she was holding a hose as a deterrent, and then and only then if they continued to proceed to piss would she spray a preemptive strike. That wasn't her M.O. She intentionally waited for these people, practically hiding the hose behind her back and making absolutely no warnings at all, to start pissing and then make their lives miserable mid-stream, all the while laughing like a hyena. Half of me was thinking "dude, that's not cool, they are just trying to take a piss, the punishment doesn't fit the crime". But I'll admit the other half of me was thoroughly entertained watching this all go down, which I suppose is why I posted in this thread. Either way, that chick needs to google "entrapment". Tell these dudes that if they piss on the fences they are going to get sprayed. Don't just stand there quietly waiting for targets for your own pleasure.
    Why ______________________ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella FAQ;
    Because.
    2014 Coachella FF Team = White Welkers

I don't know. I don't learn from my mistakes.

Well like I said, once she had the hose, it wasn't like she was actively warning people to not piss on the fences
    PROBABLY BECAUSE PISSING ON FENCES WHEN BATHROOMS ARE NEXT TO SAID FENCES IS SOMETHING ANIMALS WOULD DO.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    No. I push you down. Always.

Maybe not funny in the usual sense but I couldn't stop laughing at the time
    Last edited by flowbee; 04-16-2013 at 09:15 PM.

It's quite pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    My camp group tagged all our cars with "TACO" so we can identify each other. Apparently, a few cars a couple rows down from us in the lot saw our cars and thought there was a contest, so they wrote "TACO" on their cars too.
    Were you in lot 4?

Saturday walking at the close of the festival from Gobi, I heard 'Better, Harder, Faster, Stronger' being played on the main stage speakers as the last of the crowd left. There were quite a few people sprinting from the direction of the Sahara yelling "Come on man! I hear it! This is happening!" only to face dejection when they reached the point where they could see the mainstage was closed down. GV trolling hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Viper View Post
    PROBABLY BECAUSE PISSING ON FENCES WHEN BATHROOMS ARE NEXT TO SAID FENCES IS SOMETHING ANIMALS WOULD DO.
    Oh jesus christ, it's pissing on some fence. For fuck's sake.

Either way, that chick needs to google "entrapment".
    Sounds like you do, too.
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Some kid passed out cold during a main stage set (Metric maybe?) and they pulled him over the barricade and a security guy was carrying him down the production section towards the stage. His pants were coming down around his knees. Suddenly he comes to and realizes his being carried by a large man and he freaks out and jumps out of his arms, and tries to pull his pants up, but they keep hold of him and try to explain what happened and start walking him out. The look on his face when he woke up was sheer horror.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Oh jesus christ, it's pissing on some fence. For fuck's sake.
    True, but 1000s of dudes pissing in the same spot would create issues that the rest of Coachella is better off not having to deal with. Which is why they setup portapotties to begin with.

I was tackled by a gorilla being chased by an alligator. We settled the dispute.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by flowbee View Post

Maybe not funny in the usual sense but I couldn't stop laughing at the time
    Acid is one hell of a drug

They thought there was a contest...for tacos?
    Apparently. Not sure what kind of contest they thought it was. Didn't bother asking.

Quote Originally Posted by eatsugardienow View Post
    Were you in lot 4?
    Yup.

My group also got into some ridiculous ritual with some camping neighbors. As our sites were setting up on Thursday one of the neighbors was starting to get agnry about losing some poles. He got so heated he started to throw a fit and rampage through our site literally screaming at us about those goddamn tent poles. A couple minutes later his sweet girlfriend finds the poles underneath the tent where he left them. She chastises him and forces him to apologize to us all.
    Minutes later, my camp buddies are recounting the story with some friends and screams out tent poles!!! That same camp site with the asshole suddenly screams back tent poles and tells us to keep doing it for the rest of the weekend to punish their idiot friend. We did and they always answered with TENT POLES to the last day.